Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,462 members, 7,830,301 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (5911) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8178626 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5908) (5909) (5910) (5911) (5912) (5913) (5914) ... (6958) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Samsgirl: 12:12pm On Nov 05, 2020
Hello everyone. Pls when is it advisable to start consuming dates? . Pls I would also like for anyone to recommend a good skin care product for newborns, am thinking of buying d sebam ed range but am not so sure, pls can any one here recommend a very good brand for me. Thanks.
[

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by faithlucky(f): 12:51pm On Nov 05, 2020
[quote author=threegees post=95708039]Thursday cuties thread
Our dearest Baby Grace growing by the day. We're two weeks and a few days old.[/quote Indeed she is a product of Grace, cute baby

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by faithlucky(f): 12:52pm On Nov 05, 2020
suilois:
Thursday cuties thread

I am two weeks and a day old. I can suck and suck. I never get tired of sucking.

Here's wishing every preggy mum a safe delivery and all TTC mums pleasant surprises of miracle babies
Cute baby
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by faithlucky(f): 12:54pm On Nov 05, 2020
sunbestie:
Be strong mama it will end in praise soon
Thanks dear 4 encouragement, it will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sunbestie(f): 2:15pm On Nov 05, 2020
pseudome:
I didn't ttc.
Thats why I'm confused.

Seek for another doctor's advice. I no understand him again.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sunbestie(f): 2:17pm On Nov 05, 2020
Pearl05:

He is your physician and knows more but his reasons doesn't hold water. You can seek for 2nd opinion especially in govt hospital.
supported
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by thowobee: 6:03pm On Nov 05, 2020
for the dates I suppose from 38 weeks upwards

and for skincare products sebamed or Aveeno is also good

Samsgirl:
Hello everyone. Pls when is it advisable to start consuming dates? . Pls I would also like for anyone to recommend a good skin care product for newborns, am thinking of buying d sebam ed range but am not so sure, pls can any one here recommend a very good brand for me. Thanks.
[
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cheeketo(f): 6:07pm On Nov 05, 2020
@ ToyosiR congratulations on the birth of your son, may he be a source of Joy to the family
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by thejourney200: 7:20pm On Nov 05, 2020
I am trying again and this time, I have re-edited again having been banned over 4times. I hope this one will sail through.

Pre/Early Pregnancy
We had a few challenges post wedding mainly due to our naivety however, we were not too disturbed since there was erections however, I just wasn't able to break through the hymen with ease. I would think it was due to nervousness on both parts. Our first eventual night was the day of her ovulation by our calculations and I was filled with hope. We continued everyday and deep within me, I kept hoping that we would conceive. Her period for that month for the first time was shorter than her regular 28day occasionally 29day cycle to 26days. I couldn't hide my disappointment when I realized the pains that morning were menstrual cramps. I guess she saw my disappointment and we tried encouraging each other that it was too early to put ourselves under pressure.

At the end of the cycle, we had our discussion about our expectation and had to set a calendar for the ovulation period. We worked with the calendar and continued with our lives. The week after ovulation, she was always feeling weak in the morning as such, whenever I had the opportunity, I will try to read about the process of implantation and a few embryology terms. I was convinced but scared as well however, the good thing was I was quick to spot the linea nigra (the black like that appears on women's tummy during pregnancy) but had to remain hopeful. 26th day came and no cycle, 28th day with some silly mild cramps that I almost cursed. All through that day, I had to monitor from school because then she was always weak in the mornings and at night. On day 35 without AF, I decided it was time we visited the pregnancy centre near campus and booked an appointment as well with the University Health Centre. The test result came out positive and we got recommendation from the Health Centre to register with an OBGYN practice after 8 weeks.

First trimester for her was not bad except for the morning and night cold, occasional headaches, and around 4am every Monday uterus stretching from about week 9/10 (not too sure now) which was always painful to her. We agreed we were not informing anyone and would manage ourselves together. She at first was understanding and at some point due to the consistent headaches, she wanted to inform her folks and seek advice because they all except one are in the medical profession (she is too). I had to keep convincing her that we are here in our world and we sure would be fine. Finally agreed with her that she could tell her mum and sister after the first trimester.

Mid Pregnancy
Second trimester was quite okay except for the incessant headaches. We complained and were prescribed one medication that the first day she took it, she and the baby were sedated. We had no option other than to revert back to our paracetamol. A few things we adopted as a solution to the headache were to take time to cook various delicacies our way as a way to keep ourselves active, take at least 4000 walking steps per day, and got a pregnancy pillow to help support her body when she sleeps. They seemed to have worked effectively until the end of second trimester where our walks was no longer effective.

Late Pregnancy
Third trimester wasn't any better with the consistent headaches but besides that all was alright. I was never impressed with the antenatal sessions because all they did was just use a tape rule to measure the size of the bulge, check weights and fetal beats. At a point, we had to buy a fetal doppler to monitor the heartbeat of the baby on days she felt the baby had not moved enough. At 37 weeks, we felt baby wasn't moving enough, we complained at antenatal and the baby was placed on a non-stress test which he passed. That period till day of delivery, my wife had to adopt the cold sweet drink most evenings to enable us count the movements. Once she drinks it, he gets some kind of energy that reassures us that all is well.

Labor and Delivery
Fast forward to our appointment 40weeks and 1 day. The baby was placed on a non stress test and they kept informing us that the baby wasn't passing the test. At some point, she was given cold water but the movement of the baby still wasn't impressive enough. They gave her juice and the result still wasn't impressive enough. We then had our second scan in the pregnancy journey and immediately the doctor saw the result (ammonitic fluid was very low (0,0,1.0,1.3), I don't know what the figures mean though), she did a VE (the result was 1cm dilated and 10% effaced) and told us we should go pack our bag (clothing for the mother to wear home from the hospital, a few things I might need for the few days, and the car seat) and be prepared to receive a call from the major hospital in the city for induction. We went to do a few grocery shopping and upon returning home they called to schedule us for 7:30pm on the 22nd of October. This begins our labor journey.

We got to the OB triage as expected at 7:32pm, we were checked in and were moved to special delivery unit. Getting there, I was asked to wait outside for them to prepare my wife. When they brought me into her room, she told me they asked her if she felt secured with me, if she was willing to return back home with me, and if she thinks her and her baby will be safe (imagine this silly people asking my wife such). They placed her on the bed, connected the contraction monitor and the baby heartbeat to her body and we were told she was already contracting. I was shown my own cushion and how to convert it into a bed for the night, given two pillows and a blanket to cover. We kept gisting till the OBGYN from our practice came at 12:30am on the 23rd. She checked her and said she was still where she was in the morning and by 4:30, she will be given a pessary (cytotec) to help thin her cervix. The resident doctor came later and to summarize, nothing was done until 9:30am.

At 9:30am, the first pessary was inserted and they said after 4hours they will check again. Upon the second check at 1:30pm nothing had happened and they had to repeat the dosage (25mg). At about 5:30pm from the computer and her reaction they said she was already contracting and they will let her continue on her own. We were moved to the Labor and Delivery where we were welcomed by another set of nurses. They admitted her, gave me my pillows and blanket and told me how to convert my cushion chair into a bed. Asked us what we wanted to drink and then transferred us to the night nurse. They checked her dilation and as at then, we were 2cm dilated and 50% effaced.

At some point in the night, the labor became intense. I felt her pains but there is nothing I could do to help. We were checked at 4:30am on the 24th and she was 5cm dilated, 90% effaced. The resident doctor said she would be breaking the water before adding oxytocin to the drip. Asked if we wanted an epidural at that point which we opted for. An anesthesia came in 45minutes after as the nurse had to first pass some iv fluid into her before the epidural procedure. 30minutes after epidural, the resident doctor came back to break the water. The water contained meconium and we were told the baby might be a bit distressed.

At about 7am, another OBGYN from our practice came and she said the baby's heartbeat isn't too great. For each contraction, his heartbeat drops but she said she was going to wait until 11am and if she doesn't progress into full labor, she would advice CS. At that point, to be sure of the baby's heartbeat, the heartbeat monitor was disconnected from the mother and an invasive chip was transferred to the scalp of the baby to monitor the heartbeat. Also, a saline was passed through IV and catheter to the mother to help cushion the amniotic fluid that had been drained from the rupture of the placenta.

At the next contraction, the baby's heartbeat went down so much that the consultant and resident doctor from their monitoring room rushed into our room and suggested we opt for emergency cs. The worst was at that point, no one asked me question and everything was directed to my wife. I was given my theatre wears and was told that they will need me to wait until my wife is prepped up in the theatre before I could be admitted.

The baby was brought at 9:31am weighing 6pounds and 4ounces. We were later transferred to the recovery room and then to our mother and baby's room after 2hours we left the theatre. The cushion was long and this time not wide and same with the bathroom which wasn't so convenient for me.

We were discharged on the 26th of October and mother and baby are doing fine. Baby slept for the most that day due to the anesthesia he was given at circumcision. That night wasn't much fun as he was awake for the most of it so we had to formula feed him with syringe since the breast wasn't lactating enough.

My mon was shocked when I called her to inform her our baby has arrived as I only told her we were expecting without giving her the date. Happy she's willing to come help. She flew in 3days after he was born and has been so helpful. Truly, the vigilante is real and my mom has been of great help to my wife. We almost run a shift since I sleep late I ensure they get to sleep early and during the day although our baby sleeps more during the day as well while I watch over the baby while doing my things.

The baby seems to sleep more in recent times that I sometimes get scared and goes to my mom's room to check on him. At the one week pediatrician check, we were told he had gained 9 ounces from the 48hours after discharge check which implies he is feeding well and I shouldn't be too bothered by the sleep pattern. My son like food sha ooo and whenever he is awake, all he wants to do is eat.

To those of us who are parents, may God watch over our children; to the pregnant ones, may you carry to term and deliver safely; and to those trusting God, He is faithful and may He grant the desires of your hearts soonest in Jesus Name.

Can someone please share the link to the newborn thread? I am sure I could make use of so much information from there.

93 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Samsgirl: 9:33pm On Nov 05, 2020
thowobee:
for the dates I suppose from 38 weeks upwards

and for skincare products sebamed or Aveeno is also good

thank you so much
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lagra(f): 9:38pm On Nov 05, 2020
It's been a while on this platform..
Team November EDD-17th/11
Sex-XX
ToyosiR:
As we await the month of November. We need to be on the lookout for labor signs and body changes.

It’s the event you've been happily (and nervously) anticipating for months: your baby’s birth! Here are 10 signs that labor is near and your baby's birthday is almost here.
Many a pregnant mom has wondered how just how labor will feel, how long it will take and how to know whether it's the real deal or just a false alarm.

It’s hard to predict the answers to all those questions, since every birth is different, but knowing what labor is and what signs to look out for will help provide clues that it's almost time to meet your baby!

What is labor?
Labor is the process of childbirth, starting with contractions of the uterus and ending with the delivery of the baby.

If you're like a lot of pregnant moms, you're probably wondering how you'll know for sure that you're in labor. Look out for these 10 signs of labor that tell you baby's on the way:

Baby "drops"
Cervix dilates
Cramps and increased back pain
Loose-feeling joints
Diarrhea
Weight gain stops
Fatigue and "nesting instinct"
Vaginal discharge changes color and consistency
Stronger, more frequent contractions
Water breaks

https://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/labor-signs
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Rhemaville: 9:55pm On Nov 05, 2020
thered by the sleep pattern. My son like food sha ooo and whenever he is awake, all he wants to do is eat.

To those of us who are parents, may God watch over our children; to the pregnant ones, may you carry to term and deliver safely; and to those trusting God, He is faithful and may He grant the desires of your hearts soonest in Jesus Name.

Can someone please share the link to the newborn thread? I am sure I could make use of so much information from there.[/quote]

Wow! Never seen such a detailed pregnancy and birth story.congratulations. here's the link to the new born thread. https://www.nairaland.com/971395/new-born-babies-u-new

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 10:15pm On Nov 05, 2020
thejourney200:
The worst was at that point, no one asked me question and everything was directed to my wife.
Can someone please share the link to the newborn thread? I am sure I could make use of so much information from there.
@bolded, I guess you were expecting naija style seeking consent from the husband rubbish grin grin

I felt like I was reading a thesis, very well detailed.
Congratulations once again.

11 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by IamGreen1(f): 10:22pm On Nov 05, 2020
thejourney200:
I am trying again and this time, I have re-edited again having been banned over 4times. I hope this one will sail through.

Pre/Early Pregnancy
We had a few challenges post wedding mainly due to our naivety however, we were not too disturbed since there was erections however, I just wasn't able to break through the hymen with ease. I would think it was due to nervousness on both parts. Our first eventual night was the day of her ovulation by our calculations and I was filled with hope. We continued everyday and deep within me, I kept hoping that we would conceive. Her period for that month for the first time was shorter than her regular 28day occasionally 29day cycle to 26days. I couldn't hide my disappointment when I realized the pains that morning were menstrual cramps. I guess she saw my disappointment and we tried encouraging each other that it was too early to put ourselves under pressure.

At the end of the cycle, we had our discussion about our expectation and had to set a calendar for the ovulation period. We worked with the calendar and continued with our lives. The week after ovulation, she was always feeling weak in the morning as such, whenever I had the opportunity, I will try to read about the process of implantation and a few embryology terms. I was convinced but scared as well however, the good thing was I was quick to spot the linea nigra (the black like that appears on women's tummy during pregnancy) but had to remain hopeful. 26th day came and no cycle, 28th day with some silly mild cramps that I almost cursed. All through that day, I had to monitor from school because then she was always weak in the mornings and at night. On day 35 without AF, I decided it was time we visited the pregnancy centre near campus and booked an appointment as well with the University Health Centre. The test result came out positive and we got recommendation from the Health Centre to register with an OBGYN practice after 8 weeks.

First trimester for her was not bad except for the morning and night cold, occasional headaches, and around 4am every Monday uterus stretching from about week 9/10 (not too sure now) which was always painful to her. We agreed we were not informing anyone and would manage ourselves together. She at first was understanding and at some point due to the consistent headaches, she wanted to inform her folks and seek advice because they all except one are in the medical profession (she is too). I had to keep convincing her that we are here in our world and we sure would be fine. Finally agreed with her that she could tell her mum and sister after the first trimester.

Mid Pregnancy
Second trimester was quite okay except for the incessant headaches. We complained and were prescribed one medication that the first day she took it, she and the baby were sedated. We had no option other than to revert back to our paracetamol. A few things we adopted as a solution to the headache were to take time to cook various delicacies our way as a way to keep ourselves active, take at least 4000 walking steps per day, and got a pregnancy pillow to help support her body when she sleeps. They seemed to have worked effectively until the end of second trimester where our walks was no longer effective.

Late Pregnancy
Third trimester wasn't any better with the consistent headaches but besides that all was alright. I was never impressed with the antenatal sessions because all they did was just use a tape rule to measure the size of the bulge, check weights and fetal beats. At a point, we had to buy a fetal doppler to monitor the heartbeat of the baby on days she felt the baby had not moved enough. At 37 weeks, we felt baby wasn't moving enough, we complained at antenatal and the baby was placed on a non-stress test which he passed. That period till day of delivery, my wife had to adopt the cold sweet drink most evenings to enable us count the movements. Once she drinks it, he gets some kind of energy that reassures us that all is well.

Labor and Delivery
Fast forward to our appointment 40weeks and 1 day. The baby was placed on a non stress test and they kept informing us that the baby wasn't passing the test. At some point, she was given cold water but the movement of the baby still wasn't impressive enough. They gave her juice and the result still wasn't impressive enough. We then had our second scan in the pregnancy journey and immediately the doctor saw the result (ammonitic fluid was very low (0,0,1.0,1.3), I don't know what the figures mean though), she did a VE (the result was 1cm dilated and 10% effaced) and told us we should go pack our bag (clothing for the mother to wear home from the hospital, a few things I might need for the few days, and the car seat) and be prepared to receive a call from the major hospital in the city for induction. We went to do a few grocery shopping and upon returning home they called to schedule us for 7:30pm on the 22nd of October. This begins our labor journey.

We got to the OB triage as expected at 7:32pm, we were checked in and were moved to special delivery unit. Getting there, I was asked to wait outside for them to prepare my wife. When they brought me into her room, she told me they asked her if she felt secured with me, if she was willing to return back home with me, and if she thinks her and her baby will be safe (imagine this silly people asking my wife such). They placed her on the bed, connected the contraction monitor and the baby heartbeat to her body and we were told she was already contracting. I was shown my own cushion and how to convert it into a bed for the night, given two pillows and a blanket to cover. We kept gisting till the OBGYN from our practice came at 12:30am on the 23rd. She checked her and said she was still where she was in the morning and by 4:30, she will be given a pessary (cytotec) to help thin her cervix. The resident doctor came later and to summarize, nothing was done until 9:30am.

At 9:30am, the first pessary was inserted and they said after 4hours they will check again. Upon the second check at 1:30pm nothing had happened and they had to repeat the dosage (25mg). At about 5:30pm from the computer and her reaction they said she was already contracting and they will let her continue on her own. We were moved to the Labor and Delivery where we were welcomed by another set of nurses. They admitted her, gave me my pillows and blanket and told me how to convert my cushion chair into a bed. Asked us what we wanted to drink and then transferred us to the night nurse. They checked her dilation and as at then, we were 2cm dilated and 50% effaced.

At some point in the night, the labor became intense. I felt her pains but there is nothing I could do to help. We were checked at 4:30am on the 24th and she was 5cm dilated, 90% effaced. The resident doctor said she would be breaking the water before adding oxytocin to the drip. Asked if we wanted an epidural at that point which we opted for. An anesthesia came in 45minutes after as the nurse had to first pass some iv fluid into her before the epidural procedure. 30minutes after epidural, the resident doctor came back to break the water. The water contained meconium and we were told the baby might be a bit distressed.

At about 7am, another OBGYN from our practice came and she said the baby's heartbeat isn't too great. For each contraction, his heartbeat drops but she said she was going to wait until 11am and if she doesn't progress into full labor, she would advice CS. At that point, to be sure of the baby's heartbeat, the heartbeat monitor was disconnected from the mother and an invasive chip was transferred to the scalp of the baby to monitor the heartbeat. Also, a saline was passed through IV and catheter to the mother to help cushion the amniotic fluid that had been drained from the rupture of the placenta.

At the next contraction, the baby's heartbeat went down so much that the consultant and resident doctor from their monitoring room rushed into our room and suggested we opt for emergency cs. The worst was at that point, no one asked me question and everything was directed to my wife. I was given my theatre wears and was told that they will need me to wait until my wife is prepped up in the theatre before I could be admitted.

The baby was brought at 9:31am weighing 6pounds and 4ounces. We were later transferred to the recovery room and then to our mother and baby's room after 2hours we left the theatre. The cushion was long and this time not wide and same with the bathroom which wasn't so convenient for me.

We were discharged on the 26th of October and mother and baby are doing fine. Baby slept for the most that day due to the anesthesia he was given at circumcision. That night wasn't much fun as he was awake for the most of it so we had to formula feed him with syringe since the breast wasn't lactating enough.

My mon was shocked when I called her to inform her our baby has arrived as I only told her we were expecting without giving her the date. Happy she's willing to come help. She flew in 3days after he was born and has been so helpful. Truly, the vigilante is real and my mom has been of great help to my wife. We almost run a shift since I sleep late I ensure they get to sleep early and during the day although our baby sleeps more during the day as well while I watch over the baby while doing my things.

The baby seems to sleep more in recent times that I sometimes get scared and goes to my mom's room to check on him. At the one week pediatrician check, we were told he had gained 9 ounces from the 48hours after discharge check which implies he is feeding well and I shouldn't be too bothered by the sleep pattern. My son like food sha ooo and whenever he is awake, all he wants to do is eat.

A strong man you're, congratulations to your family sir
Here is the link to the newborn thread as requested by you

https://www.nairaland.com/971395/new-born-babies-u-new

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by gracefulpillar: 10:45pm On Nov 05, 2020
Amen
suilois:
Thursday cuties thread

I am two weeks and a day old. I can suck and suck. I never get tired of sucking.

Here's wishing every preggy mum a safe delivery and all TTC mums pleasant surprises of miracle babies
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tabithaola(f): 3:27am On Nov 06, 2020
threegees:
@adet991 @Dbryan @Annybens1993 @tabithaola
How far, moms.
My mind is with you o.
Hope all is well?

All is well dear just that its just hubby and I and its so overwhelming. This is my first time of having to do it alone. Birth story will come by this weekend by His grace.
Thank you so much.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Babygal2020(f): 7:41am On Nov 06, 2020
@thejourney200 congrats on the arrival of your cutie. Such a detailed BS. Regards to your wifey.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lagra(f): 10:42am On Nov 06, 2020
I can't believe you went through all these!!Ma you are really a fighter and I dope my hat for you!!The great work the lord has started in your family will continue to manifest..Eyes have not seen nor ears heard what the Lord has in stock for you!!May God keep the new born ijn and coming to that family will be blessings upon blessings.. kissquote author=threegees post=95518486]VERY LONG POST ALERT

Ngwanu, grab ya popcorn and juice, and enjoy the jolly ride. I will try to summarize cos story plenty. I hope it will be a worthy read.

PRE-PREGNANCY
My marriage was at the verge of being over because I had had enough of its wahala, coupled with a man who things were not going well with, and then, who was steady pouring his frustrations on me. Hubby and I didn't use to talk to each other sef, let alone play mommy and daddy. I had secretly planned my relocation to Abuja to get my sanity and move on. Before then, I was on contraceptive pills since August 2013 after I had my daughter, and it worked perfectly well for me, until October last year. Things were so bad financially for us and for me that I could not afford to buy my pills. How much? #150! shocked
Yes! It was that bad. I got tired of begging people for money to get by so I locked up, afterall, I wasn't having sex with anyone.
Fast forward to early January this year, a friend who had been talking to me asked me to approach hubby and give him sex, and that from there, we could talk things out. He never supported me leaving my marriage. I had just finished my period and felt I wasn't fertile so I have nothing to lose. I approached hubby at night where he usually slept cos we weren't sleeping in the same room anymore. I seduced him and voila! it happened. Guy didn't even withdraw. I wasn't perturbed too since I had been on pills for almost 7 years. I thought belle no fit enter just like that na.

DISCOVERING PREGNANCY
So, I wondered why my period was unusually scanty in January. Imagine, I had forgotten about the sex. I was preparing for my relocation to Abuja, buying a few things and all when it dawned on me that my last period only came for one day. I explained to a pharmacist where I was buying deworming drug for my kids and she asked me to get a test strip and test for pregnancy. I laughed and declined. After buying the drug, she didn't have #50 change, so I asked for the test strip na.
Saturday 1st February, 2020, I wanted to pee and remembered the strip. I did the test with confidence that the pharmacist didn't know what she was saying. Lo and behold, two bold lines were looking at me. I was confused. I went to buy another strip o. Did the test again, and the two bold lines showed up again.
A mixture of emotions went all through my body. I walked up to hubby who was sleeping on the couch (Someone I hadn't talked to in months). I showed him the strip, he too was confused. He didn't say a word. That night, he moved back into our bedroom. I cried cos I felt this pregnancy is going to destroy my secret plans and preparations, and I couldn't bring myself to abort it. I kept doubting until I went for a scan and they told me that I was pregnant cos they could see a fetal pole.

EARLY PREGNANCY
Hubby mysteriously and miraculously accepted the pregnancy. He pampered me like no tomorrow. I had terrible morning sickness. He would make tea and bring to my bed. He'll boil water and keep in the bath tub for me to bath, make ice cubes for me to chew on while at work. Oh, my husbandman did everything. I was just a vegetable. This was same person who had been my live-in enemy for months. That was how I was able to manage the first few weeks until covid19 wahala and we were all at home. I wasn't working, hubby hadn't been working since 2018. No way to feed or buy baby things. Pregnancy after 7 years. I had nothing. We had nothing. Then hubby started drama.

He who had told his mom of my pregnancy out of excitement at the early stage when she came visiting started telling his family members that he is not sure he is responsible for the pregnancy. It was his brothers' wives who started calling me to ask what happened. He refused to give me a dime to get the hospital requirements and baby things. I had to beg my mom to feed. After sometime when people were allowed to move, I'd pack a few clothes and my kids and go to my mom's place to stay so we could eat. It was that bad. In June/July, same DH told his family and mine that he wanted a divorce. They called for a family meeting. No one supported him, not even his family. Everyone of them was trying to do whatever they could to make me happy. One would send me money, the photographer did me a free photoshoot, everyone would frequently call just to make me happy. After everything was resolved, he admitted that it was frustrations that got the better part of him. Amazingly, in all these, I was not perturbed one bit. Till things got back right again and I decided to enjoy my pregnancy.

LATE PREGNANCY
So schools were asked to resume but because of how advanced my pregnancy was, coupled with the bad roads and outstanding debt of school fees for my kids, I couldn't resume. My kids couldn't go to school too. We just stayed at home waiting for this baby to come and let me have my life back. It seemed like forever. No sign of labour or approaching labour. All along, it had been a perfect pregnancy, but by week 38 or thereabout, my BP started rising like dough with yeast. At every antenatal check up, I was given nifedipine under my tongue and I was told it can be managed and not too serious. My feet was swollen and heavy at week 40. I was given an injection and told I would drain the fluid through urine. It happened like that, but a week after, the swollen feet returned much more than what it was before sef, and very painful. I just felt it was the end of pregnancy so I wasn't bothered. I never knew I had eclampsia. Never experienced it in previous pregnancies, never knew anyone who had it too. I just wanted labour to come.

LABOUR/DELIVERY
My EDDs had passed, no sign. If I hear that someone had put to bed, I'll feel bad that mine hadn't come. Until I begged hubby for sex. After he managed to do, the next morning, I saw my show. I was excited. By Sunday 18th, I started having contractions. I went to the clinic and after vaginal examination, I was just 4cm and asked to go back home till contractions were stronger. All through that night, the contractions were hellish. I was using a contractions timer app until it got to an average of 15 minutes by Monday morning. I had my bath and left for the clinic. Though I can't remember how I got to the hospital that Monday morning, I only remember I was checked by the matron and told I was 6cm. That's all I remember.
My mom and husband told me they came to meet me on my bed in the ward, and I told my mom I couldn't see anything again.
Before she could say sorry, I started convulsing.
She said I started foaming in the mouth and stretching. She screamed and called the matron. The matron put spoon in my mouth, beat me and all, just to stabilize me. They managed to stabilize me a bit and put me in the matron's car to take me to another hospital where they can handle my case. On the way, while in the car, my water broke and the head of the baby was showing. I started convulsing again. They beat nonsense out of me to stabilize me, yet no way. I was still stretching. My husband's hands were in my mouth, I was bleeding from the mouth, he was bleeding from his hands because I had clenched them with my teeth and stretching. On getting to the hospital they were taking me to, over 10 people rushed to hold me as they said they screamed Emergency o.
I was rushed to the delivery room. They tried to stabilize me as the convulsion started again. They finally did and when they checked, my BP had shot up to 202/100. They said the baby is not big but because of the high BP, if I push the baby, it will be 50/50 or I run mad or maybe paralysed.
They fixed oxygen. The first tank finished. They fixed the second one, then brought the BP down a bit. Then, the doctor told my husband it is a 50/50 chance, he should sign the consent form and choose who they should save. He said he shouted and said God forbid. He wants both his wife and his baby. He said he kept telling me in my ears to remember my other two children, my mother and him. He was speaking in tongues like no tomorrow. He called his mom, my pastor, everyone.
When the doctor to perform the surgery came, he asked both my mom and hubby out of the delivery room. They couldn't even take me to the theatre. The doctor faced the wall, knelt down, prayed, sent them out and did the caesarean. When he brought out the baby, she cried a bit, stopped and turned green. They abandoned me and fixed oxygen on the baby. They stabilized her, then faced me. The operation was done around past 9am, I regained a little consciousness and opened my eyes by 9.35pm. I didn't know where I was. I woke up and was telling my husband that the baby in my womb is not allowing me to be comfortable and that I want to turn to my side because I was sleeping on my back, he was laughing at me.
With the way he was looking at me, I then asked him if I have given birth, he said yes. I didn't believe. I said it was a lie. He bought the baby to me, I still didn't know where I was. I regained full consciousness on Thursday morning. Me that gave birth since Monday morning.
My recovery was fast and still in progress, and we were discharged on the following Friday.
God did a great thing and indeed we are glad. I am happy to have my baby in my hands. Daddy is glad. Big brother and sister are elated, and my mom can't stop singing and dancing for joy.

BS Submitted as I sign out of the month of October, extremely grateful to God for how far He has brought us. Indeed, it was a journey! Boots officially thrown into the lagoon[/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lagra(f): 10:52am On Nov 06, 2020
Team November, EDD-17/11, Sex -XX
ToyosiR:
MARCHING ON , WE ARE MARCHING ON. MARCHING ON , WE ARE MARCHING ON.....
THIS WAY NOVEMBER, THAT WAY NOVEMBER,
THIS WAY NOVEMBER, WE ARE READY..........

We are in the long awaited month on November. May Almighty God in his infinite mercy make it a successful delivery with healthy mothers and babies.

Our month of testimony is here. Because it's our month, let's flood it with babies and keep it coming mamas.

Some ported to October while We expect the same from team October.

Team November for supernatural delivery
By the special grace of God, It will end in praise.

PORTTERS CLUB
MONIKER--------------EDD------------GENDER ----DD
omah1 ----------Nov 28--------------------XX ✓ 20/10

ROLL CALL FOR NOVEMBER 2020
MONIKER--------------EDD------------GENDER ------------- Delivered BA/BS
ToyosiR -----------Nov 12-----------XY
lagra -------------Nov xx-----------UNKNOWN
cheeketo ----------Nov 04-----------XY
Shemmyglo ---------Nov 24-----------XX
mayornmn -----------Nov 25-----------XX
JOANDIVA ----------Nov 10-----------XY
McPerry -----------Nov 23-----------UNKNOWN
chylove9000 --------Nov 11-----------UNKNOWN
mobi123 ------------Nov 17-----------UNKNOWN
Goodmorning2u ------Nov 07-----------UNKNOWN
pweetyoge ----------Nov 13-----------UNKNOWN
faithlucky ---------Nov 26-----------UNKNOWN
Teewhyjo -----------Nov 17-----------UNKNOWN
barbie047 ----------Nov 05-----------UNKNOWN
OumKhadeejah ------Nov 13-----------XX
Deeedeee ----------Nov 23-----------UNKNOWN
Gentlemum ---------Nov 12-----------UNKNOWN
IamGreen1 ---------Nov 25-----------XX
Oolayeancah -------Nov 04-----------XY
estherdabs --------Nov 10-----------XY
MummyD2020 --------Nov XX-----------UNKNOWN
rosekatiej --------Nov 27-----------UNKNOWN
Anna20 --------Nov 03---------------XX
lululuv --------Nov 15---------------XY
favome --------Nov 15---------------Surprise
ANewMumIJNAmen -Nov XX---------------UNKNOWN
Omariah --------Nov 28---------------UNKNOWN
FlowerGirl040 ---Nov 13---------------UNKWOWN

#TeamHealthyMother&Baby
#TeamHappyDelivery
#TeamNoLossAllGain

Please Mention me on BA or BS submitted. Lets help each other as we all know this stomach they cover face.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lagra(f): 11:11am On Nov 06, 2020
ToyosiR:
BA !BA!!! BA!!!!

OUR BABY BOY IS HERE . ALHAMDULILLAH....OPEMIPO

Congratulations Ma..
Welcome to the family baby boo!!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jennyswtie: 11:13am On Nov 06, 2020
thejourney200:

Pre/Early Pregnancy

Nawaoo just first period after wedding, you're already tensed up. I'm sure if conception was delayed for six months, you would've made the house very hot for her.

Congrats tho on the arrival of your son

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Anna20(f): 12:36pm On Nov 06, 2020
Mama's please help me shook mouth,advice is needed
The first scan I did at 26 weeks gave me Nov. 3rd as my EDD , went for ANC last week at 39 weeks and matron requested for another scan which gave me Dec. 1st as new EDD.
Matron told me to disregard the second EDD which means I'm 40 weeks this week According to the former .
I saw a slippery watery discharge two days ago,it wasn't much though followed by mild cramps .
I went to the hospital to complain,was checked & doc said I'm 2cm dilated,he requested I go home & come back if I felt anything I couldn't bear.
Had mild cramps through out yesterday & I returned to the hospital this morning, doctor checked again and said I'm still at 2cm,he said I should wait till my next ANC which is 41 weeks & 37 weeks according to the two scans that if nothing happens by then, I'll be induced.
I don't want to be induced.
My question is hope it's safe to wait till next week considering I'm 2cm already with only mild cramps

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by faithlucky(f): 1:45pm On Nov 06, 2020
Anna20:
The first scan I did at 26 weeks gave me Nov. 3rd as my EDD , went for ANC last week at 39 weeks and matron requested for another scan which gave me Dec. 1st as new EDD.
Matron told me to disregard the second EDD which means I'm 40 weeks this week According to the former .
I saw a slippery watery discharge two days ago,it wasn't much though followed by mild cramps .
I went to the hospital to complain,was checked & doc said I'm 2cm dilated,he requested I go home & come back if I felt anything I couldn't bear.
Had mild cramps through out yesterday & I returned to the hospital this morning, doctor checked again and said I'm still at 2cm,he said I should wait till my next ANC which is 41 weeks & 37 weeks according to the two scans that if nothing happens by then, I'll be induced.
My question is hope it's safe to wait till next week considering I'm 2cm already with only mild cramps
My dear u already 2cm gone so if d cramps is intense u have 2 go d hospital don't wait till next week to avoid stories dat touch. E-hug teamie, it will end in praise.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ToyosiR(f): 2:01pm On Nov 06, 2020
Anna20:

Please go to the hospital if you notice cramp. 2CM can move to 10cm in matter of minutes sometimes.

I was told i am around 2/4 cm and I delivered in less than 30mins

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ToyosiR(f): 2:04pm On Nov 06, 2020
Thanks to all the members for the likes and congratulations. Happiness will be for us all. We shall all deliver stressfree by God's grace.

How are the team November doing. Hope you are not too tired. We are there and we shall all receive God's own favor.

Team November for supernatural delivery

PORTTERS CLUB
MONIKER--------------EDD------------GENDER ----DD
omah1 ----------Nov 5--------------------XX ✓ 20/10

ROLL CALL FOR NOVEMBER 2020
MONIKER--------------EDD------------GENDER ------------- Delivered BA/BS
ToyosiR -----------Nov 12-----------XY ------------- ✓ 04/11
lagra -------------Nov 17-----------XX
cheeketo ----------Nov 04-----------XY
Shemmyglo ---------Nov 24-----------XX
mayornmn -----------Nov 25-----------XX
JOANDIVA ----------Nov 10-----------XY
McPerry -----------Nov 23-----------UNKNOWN
chylove9000 --------Nov 11-----------UNKNOWN
mobi123 ------------Nov 17-----------UNKNOWN
Goodmorning2u ------Nov 07-----------UNKNOWN
pweetyoge ----------Nov 13-----------UNKNOWN
faithlucky ---------Nov 26-----------UNKNOWN
Teewhyjo -----------Nov 17-----------UNKNOWN
barbie047 ----------Nov 05-----------UNKNOWN
OumKhadeejah ------Nov 13-----------XX
Deeedeee ----------Nov 23-----------UNKNOWN
Gentlemum ---------Nov 12-----------UNKNOWN
IamGreen1 ---------Nov 25-----------XX
Oolayeancah -------Nov 04-----------XY
estherdabs --------Nov 10-----------XY
MummyD2020 --------Nov XX-----------UNKNOWN
rosekatiej --------Nov 27-----------UNKNOWN
Anna20 --------Nov 03---------------XX
lululuv --------Nov 15---------------XY
favome --------Nov 15---------------Surprise
ANewMumIJNAmen -Nov XX---------------UNKNOWN
Omariah --------Nov 28---------------UNKNOWN
FlowerGirl040 ---Nov 13---------------UNKWOWN

KRAK ------Nov 1-------XY BA/BS
#TeamHealthyMother&Baby
#TeamHappyDelivery
#TeamNoLossAllGain

Please dont forget to mention me in any BA/BS within this lovely month. Abeg, lets here from you.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by IamGreen1(f): 5:10pm On Nov 06, 2020
jennyswtie:

Nawaoo just first period after wedding, you're already tensed up. I'm sure if conception was delayed for six months, you would've made the house very hot for her.

Congrats tho on the arrival of your son

Sis, this is exactly my thought when I read the BS I was so worried about it to the extent that I couldn't hide it from hubby and went through his diary in order not to be too quick to judge but my assumption was right. I shown DH this your comment now and he was like we thinks alike. I'm so happy for the lady couple with the fact that she's in her mid thirties.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FloraEC(f): 5:27pm On Nov 06, 2020
Pearl05:

Don't be depressed dear. Mamas that have experience will definitely answer you when they com online.

Kaf

Please mamas do you have knowledge about the issue?

Been offline since. Just seeing this.

No idea
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dagok(f): 5:28pm On Nov 06, 2020
LABOUR SIGNS PLZ ?

Am a first time mom and am team November but Edd already past which is November 4...am on week 40 3 days...... Am scared o
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jennyswtie: 5:35pm On Nov 06, 2020
IamGreen1:

Sis, this is exactly my thought when I read the BS I was so worried about it to the extent that I couldn't hide it from hubby and went through his diary in order not to be too quick to judge but my assumption was right. I shown DH this your comment now and he was we thinks alike. I'm so happy for the lady couple with the fact that she's in her mid thirties.

Same here oo.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Anna20(f): 6:25pm On Nov 06, 2020
dagok:
LABOUR SIGNS PLZ ?

Am a first time mom and am team November but Edd already past which is November 4...am on week 40 3 days...... Am scared o

It's well sis
EDD is usually + or - 2 weeks

(1) (2) (3) ... (5908) (5909) (5910) (5911) (5912) (5913) (5914) ... (6958) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 172
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.