Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,650 members, 7,823,842 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (6435) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8162119 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6432) (6433) (6434) (6435) (6436) (6437) (6438) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 5:49pm On Mar 03, 2022
Layormiii:
wow really you haven't spent upto 40k ?? Mama please teach me your ways ooo
Lol, many times how large or small our pockets are does the thinking for us. I didn't buy any new onesie or bodysuits (you'll be hearing 4 in 1 for 5k for baby that's not going anywhere), I got very beautiful grade ones with cardigans (some are new in the bake sef cheesy), I loved foreign bath too oo but when I went to the market and saw nice baby bath (not old school design o) I opted for it for 4800.. I already priced the standing hanger I wanted to buy for 13500 but a day before going to buy, my mind just pushed me to Facebook to Chek for declutter and a lady posted that she wanted to sell for 9k as she's not birthing anymore, I jumped on it and priced, she sold for 7k (afterall if I can buy okirika clothes, what is hanger that I can't buy cheesy), hubby was angry at first but later calmed and went for pick up, very clean.. I invested on Diapers both sizes 2 and 3 (not too much of 2 cos people who would gift Diapers would gift newborn), the few new clothes I bought are older sizes for when baby is 4 months upward.. I no send stroller and ain't buying car seat as we don't have a car (yet bro Inlaw wants to give us both), I didn't buy bed net but got a very thick blanket baby can lay on while I cover with a umbrella net e.t.c.

Preferences also matters, you might not want your baby to wear okirika onesies and sleepsuits but I don't mind (afterall big women park their vehicles in nyanyan market and sit down under umbrella buying in pregnancy so who am i grin). Some also wants their babies to have everything they see and like but the truth is baby might not even use most of these things.

I remember a day in the hospital when a lady was talking about how much she spent buying the things on the hospital list, I almost couldn't breathe but when I was buying the few ones I've bought I was wondering if its not same. I got home and was afraid that the mucus extractor I bought for 350 and clamp for 150 each were not it and I quickly searched on jumia just to see same.

If you have the money you can go for all you want. I've seen sellers on FB who sell new thing and even post prices and they are very very cheap yet they are in Lagos. But please have mercy on your purse.

Below is a pix of my haraha hanger grin, hubby snapped it when he went to pick it up before dismantling

Cc mama StarryV

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 5:51pm On Mar 03, 2022
Honeysweetest:
lmaooo, some one said baby wardrobe,�,I buy only hospital list,I bought baby bath when it was just 8k,I did not buy hanger,I spread where I spread my clothes, infact,I hardly use these baby bath set sef,I use put baby on laps,stay in bathroom,shikena, no let anything stress u.
I love your style, my customer was telling me to buy wardrobe of 35k, told her I will create space in my wardrobe, lol but if person dash me, i go collect

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 5:53pm On Mar 03, 2022
Smartriya:

None cos freshly expressed can keep at room temp for only 4hrs.

You might want to read thru the ingredients for tomato paste. Why on earth would u even take that when u can get that from your iron rich meals and pre-natal meds?
Mama, my sickness starts with those prenatals and I don't want pcv to go too low, last time it was 30.
Thanks for the response ma
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 6:09pm On Mar 03, 2022
Omakraid:

Lol, many times how large or small our pockets are does the thinking for us. I didn't buy any new onesie or bodysuits (you'll be hearing 4 in 1 for 5k for baby that's not going anywhere), I got very beautiful grade ones with cardigans (some are new in the bake sef cheesy), I loved foreign bath too oo but when I went to the market and saw nice baby bath (not old school design o) I opted for it for 4800.. I already priced the standing hanger I wanted to buy for 13500 but a day before going to buy, my mind just pushed me to Facebook to Chek for declutter and a lady posted that she wanted to sell for 9k as she's not birthing anymore, I jumped on it and priced, she sold for 7k (afterall if I can buy okirika clothes, what is hanger that I can't buy cheesy), hubby was angry at first but later calmed and went for pick up, very clean.. I invested on Diapers both sizes 2 and 3 (not too much of 2 cos people who would gift Diapers would gift newborn), the few new clothes I bought are older sizes for when baby is 4 months upward.. I no send stroller and ain't buying car seat as we don't have a car (yet bro Inlaw wants to give us both), I didn't buy bed net but got a very thick blanket baby can lay on while I cover with a umbrella net e.t.c.

Preferences also matters, you might not want your baby to wear okirika onesies and sleepsuits but I don't mind (afterall big women park their vehicles in nyanyan market and sit down under umbrella buying in pregnancy so who am i grin). Some also wants their babies to have everything they see and like but the truth is baby might not even use most of these things.

I remember a day in the hospital when a lady was talking about how much she spent buying the things on the hospital list, I almost couldn't breathe but when I was buying the few ones I've bought I was wondering if its not same. I got home and was afraid that the mucus extractor I bought for 350 and clamp for 150 each were not it and I quickly searched on jumia just to see same.

If you have the money you can go for all you want. I've seen sellers on FB who sell new thing and even post prices and they are very very cheap yet they are in Lagos. But please have mercy on your purse.

Below is a pix of my haraha hanger grin, hubby snapped it when he went to pick it up before dismantling
Sorry,are you a FTM?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 6:11pm On Mar 03, 2022
FlowerGirl040:
Sorry,are you a FTM?
Yes ma abi baby girl Don misyarn ni cheesy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 6:21pm On Mar 03, 2022
Omakraid:

Yes ma abi baby girl Don misyarn ni cheesy
Lol. Most FTMs will want to buy everything,even the ones that are not needed. But you are spending with style which is commendable.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Duduke: 6:37pm On Mar 03, 2022
This is team June reporting..gender yet unknown

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Duduke: 6:43pm On Mar 03, 2022
mzMerci:
My mum says the same thing about baby cot too..I’ll better reconsider. Hospital list is currently laughing at me cos I’ve not touched it yet. God should just please bless my breasts with sufficient breast milk for my baby. The cost of nan in this economy dey give palpitation
roll call na June.. no fixed date yet as per CS

Also team June! Had CS with my first baby, (baby is 1yr and 8 months) thinking of going for elective CS for baby no 2, I don't want to wait till 40 weeks and still end up with CS!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 6:46pm On Mar 03, 2022
Expectantmom:

March roll call
Amen to the prayer cappo, God will continue to keep us all
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 6:48pm On Mar 03, 2022
FlowerGirl040:
Lol. Most FTMs will want to buy everything,even the ones that are not needed. But you are spending with style which is commendable.
I've been in the system from when I was very young and helping different family members with their kids and my people say sometimes you use another person sense to do sense (ogbon ologbon lafin shogbon)

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 6:49pm On Mar 03, 2022
Duduke:
Welcome back mama, safe delivery to us all
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 6:58pm On Mar 03, 2022
Omakraid:

I've been in the system from when I was very young and helping different family members with their kids and my people say sometimes you use another person sense to do sense (ogbon ologbon lafin shogbon)
It's a good thing, I learnt a lot from my late mum.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Layormiii(f): 7:06pm On Mar 03, 2022
Duduke:
rolling out the drums.. welcome oooo teamie. Lemme add you to the roll call list. Welcome mama
May the journey be smooth and may it end well for all of us IJN

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Esthered: 7:13pm On Mar 03, 2022
Omakraid:

I like how you buy your things as a FTM. The net you mentioned is so creative. I've been thinking of baby bed for my boy after he outgrows the foam one I bought and baby cot is a no go area as I intend buying/making double bunk bed that would serve me.
The net is such a good idea.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Layormiii(f): 7:13pm On Mar 03, 2022
Omakraid:

Wow, for a FTM I give you tiri gbosa, I even went to the market with another Sabi mama to help me oo, that's why I bought essentials too.
That your hanger nah luck oo, bought new one how much again sef.. can't remember.
The day I went to market I saw a lady too that came there with her husband, she balance well inside sit and was selecting orishirishi, her own side was so full ehn, I was just wondering what she need all of those stuffs from, everything wey she buy that day go reach 150k walai. Well spend according to your pocket Sha

May it all end in joy for all of us ijn. E no easy walai

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MorningStar233: 7:21pm On Mar 03, 2022
Omakraid:

It is well sis, I think location makes some items very expensive

Amen oo, yes it does..
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 7:26pm On Mar 03, 2022
Layormiii:

Wow, for a FTM I give you tiri gbosa, I even went to the market with another Sabi mama to help me oo, that's why I bought essentials too.
That your hanger nah luck oo, bought new one how much again sef.. can't remember.
The day I went to market I saw a lady too that came there with her husband, she balance well inside sit and was selecting orishirishi, her own side was so full ehn, I was just wondering what she need all of those stuffs from, everything wey she buy that day go reach 150k walai. Well spend according to your pocket Sha

May it all end in joy for all of us ijn. E no easy walai
Amen and may God make it easy and smooth for us. This buhari's regime has brought out the economist in me as everything is just too expensive
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 7:27pm On Mar 03, 2022
Esthered:

I like how you buy your things as a FTM. The net you mentioned is so creative. I've been thinking of baby bed for my boy after he outgrows the foam one I bought and baby cot is a no go area as I intend buying/making double bunk bed that would serve me.
The net is such a good idea.
Thanks mama, how's LO doing?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MorningStar233: 7:42pm On Mar 03, 2022
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MamaDG: 7:55pm On Mar 03, 2022
Smartriya:

Na wa o! If I may ask any idea what the blood donation is for?? And if peradventure the woman ends up not needing blood does the hospital make a refund cos i know a pint or so of blood used to be btw 16k /18k.
Its a seed(lol) u have to sow to your govt cos that is the only way there can be blood in the blood bank to use and sell to private hospitals. Par adventure blood will be needed in the cause of the pregnancy, one will need to buy. It’s 8,500 per pint here.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 8:00pm On Mar 03, 2022
MorningStar233:
Hmmmm....I tried buying only essentials yet I no know where I dey...
Towels, flask, small bed with net, flannel, blanket, caps, mittens, pampers, lady Sept,feeders, comb, shawl ( for naming or dedication), 1 pack of overalls ( I no buy new ones again), Bibs, nursing bra, disposable pants, diaper cream, delivery mat, baby wipes, anointing oil, breast pads for me..Abeg did I over buy or under buy? Nothing like wardrobe or hanger in my agender..
Mama, you are still on point. Don't be afraid
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 8:01pm On Mar 03, 2022
MamaDG:
Its a seed(lol) u have to sow to your govt cos that is the only way there can be blood in the blood bank to use and sell to private hospitals. Par adventure blood will be needed in the cause of the pregnancy, one will need to buy. It’s 8,500 per pint here.
You mean you will have to buy back the blood your hubby donated shocked
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Esthered: 8:19pm On Mar 03, 2022
Omakraid:

Thanks mama, how's LO doing?
Very fine. Thanks.
Wishing you a stress free journey as you get closer to see your LO
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kokaiye: 8:27pm On Mar 03, 2022
Omakraid:

That's if you choose to buy a foreign bath ma... I bought a nice bath I loved for 4800 grin (don't laugh). If you want foreign baby things, you will spend foreign money
i trust u... Even me shock wen i saw 25k... Say wetin apun na? I was lik baby both don cost like dat? I couldnt say anythin cs d last time i bought was 2019 n it was 4500 too as at den n dis is 2022, cnt tell of price of tinz in 2022 in naija undecided
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kokaiye: 8:32pm On Mar 03, 2022
Omakraid:

Please go and buy my baby's bath and Diapers, stop looking for cot that you will end up using as storage.. A neighbour wanted to dash me hers to relive her load, i rejected it sharperly cos me sef I no want load
grin grin grin grin storage kwa??!!!! grin grin .. Asin ehn, i stil dont gt y people buy dt heavy tin dt occupy too much space.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by GracieN(f): 8:34pm On Mar 03, 2022
Expectantmom:

March roll call

Present my able Cappo...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 8:35pm On Mar 03, 2022
Esthered:

Very fine. Thanks.
Wishing you a stress free journey as you get closer to see your LO
Amen ma, thank you
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 8:36pm On Mar 03, 2022
kokaiye:
i trust u... Even me shock wen i saw 25k... Say wetin apun na? I was lik baby both don cost like dat? I couldnt say anythin cs d last time i bought was 2019 n it was 4500 too as at den n dis is 2022, cnt tell of price of tinz in 2022 in naija undecided
Still not much difference in the price oo except you want to buy foreign
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 8:38pm On Mar 03, 2022
kokaiye:
grin grin grin grin storage kwa??!!!! grin grin .. Asin ehn, i stil dont gt y people buy dt heavy tin dt occupy too much space.
Yes now, many end up keeping clothes inside especially after washing and packing wink

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kokaiye: 8:38pm On Mar 03, 2022
Omakraid:

Even if buying plenty clothes, it shouldn't all be newborn. I bought few newborn clothes, moved to 3mnths +, 6mnths+ especially if you see some clothes you like and don't want to let go..
Its that breastfeeding I don't know how to cope with cos my place of work gives only one month maternity leave and I won't like to be going to work with a one month old (some moms do shaa) and power supply here is something else. It is well
ah!!! 1month ke?! Nawao... Not 4months or 6... 1month... Dtz unfair... Who is gonna b lookin after baby biko??!!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 8:40pm On Mar 03, 2022
kokaiye:
ah!!! 1month ke?! Nawao... Not 4months or 6... 1month... Dtz unfair... Who is gonna b lookin after baby biko??!!
My mum and I'll leave work early. My only problem is how to make EBF possible
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MorningStar233: 8:48pm On Mar 03, 2022
Omakraid:

Mama, you are still on point. Don't be afraid

Okay ma'am, thanks alot

(1) (2) (3) ... (6432) (6433) (6434) (6435) (6436) (6437) (6438) ... (6956) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.