Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,063 members, 7,810,958 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:31 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (6492) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8127293 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6489) (6490) (6491) (6492) (6493) (6494) (6495) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by miracletoday: 11:36pm On Mar 24, 2022
kokaiye:
lol... He is doin great ooo.... D guy man stil dey do shakara oo angry, i don give up ojere... Tnx to breast pump oooo, i am able to do EBF... I express into bottle n give to him... Breastmilk yafun yafun, keep d rest inside fridge.... How waddling mama... We don reach April finish ooo cheesy... U go just dey happy anyhow now cs u r abt to meet ur LO cheesy.... Safe, easy delivery to u n d rest of waddling mamas grin
And he can still change o, with time. Me, Overhappy dey worry me sef.cant wait to be like u. Thanks for checking on all us

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by miracletoday: 12:02am On Mar 25, 2022
cabasaa03:
Good afternoon April Mamas, my family might likely port to march please take note.
It is allowed, so.far it is safer for mother and child. And your EDD is even early April. When the hour comes, it will be easier than u imagined. U will come here to testify and nak us sweet BS. Other APRIL MAMAS N PAPAS ARE WE READY?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Expectantmom: 6:30am On Mar 25, 2022
breeezefe:

Goodevening sabi mamas. Please does intake of sugar or sugar-rich food cause hyperactivenes developing baby,? Because I don't understand the restless jabs and kicks my LO is displaying this night since I took my milk and sugar

Congratulations to all new mamas. We pray and hope for safe delivery for the rest of us
Enjoy it mama. It means little one likes milk abi sweet things ni.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Teminisuccess66: 7:02am On Mar 25, 2022
Good morning mommas, abeg at what months or how many weeks can one start cleaning of nipples and how is it done?

My team May mamas, my tired is tired ooooo. To turn on bed na war and this heat is not helping matter at all. Infact this third trimester came with gbas gbos. May Allah grant every pregnant women safe delivery(Aameen)

8 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nirwaarun: 7:26am On Mar 25, 2022
Ayurvedic Solution for Chronic Cough, Cervical, Spinal issues and Liver Diseases available at Ayurvedic Centre in Punjab. Ayurvedic treatment is a traditional treatment of India and is able to cure different health problems.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Expectantmom: 7:37am On Mar 25, 2022
Teminisuccess66:
Good morning mommas, abeg at what months or how many weeks can one start cleaning of nipples and how is it done?

My team May mamas, my tired is tired ooooo. To turn on bed na war and this heat is not helping matter at all. Infact this third trimester came with gbas gbos. May Allah grant every pregnant women safe delivery(Aameen)
I'm sure most if not all of us are passing through the same thing as you are but our consolation is that babies and mothers are healthy and soon we shall meet our little ones.
Pele mama, endure a little more ok.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MorningStar233: 8:51am On Mar 25, 2022
Good morning mamas, since I took in I have only taken fancidar once, and it was terrible, that was December. I complained about it around January when I went for Antenatal and they stopped giving me, mosquitoes bite me from time to time and this gives me little worries... should I damn the side effect and just take fancidar? Although a doctor said since I react badly to it they will just treat me if malaria comes instead of giving me fancidar. To be frank I don't want to take that fancidar, pls is there any other type given to any mama during Antenatal care that is better than fancidar?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 8:55am On Mar 25, 2022
Teminisuccess66:

Amen oooo teamie, the little consolation on the heat here is that though it's very hot at night, the weather starts changing at dawn and it gets a little bit cold...

For the nipple cleaning, you can start at 37 weeks, clean with cotton wool and olive oil.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Layormiii(f): 8:56am On Mar 25, 2022
Teminisuccess66:

Nipple cleaning helps to open up the pores in preparation for breastfeeding, It can be done from 36 weeks.
To clean the nipples, apply olive oil or coconut oil to the nipples and the blackbarea around the nipple and leave for 10 minutes before cleaning with a towel. Some black stuffs will be falling off. Do it from time to time
Copied#

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Layormiii(f): 8:59am On Mar 25, 2022
MorningStar233:
Good morning mamas, since I took in I have only taken fancidar once, and it was terrible, that was December. I complained about it around January when I went for Antenatal and they stopped giving me, mosquitoes bite me from time to time and this gives me little worries... should I damn the side effect and just take fancidar? Although a doctor said since I react badly to it they will just treat me if malaria comes instead of giving me fancidar. To be frank I don't want to take that fancidar, pls is there any other type given to any mama during Antenatal care that is better than fancidar?
honestly I have taken the fansidar twice and both experiences are cry cry
No malaria symptoms atall but I am just doing it for my baby ni. Not sure I will take the third one sef cos the last one I took this week, God! I can't even explain it, even tho I used d drugs before sleeping, the thing still disturbed me throuoght the night and I ended up vomiting that mid night.

If you can just try and take it one more time before your 34th week..for baby sake.
As for me sha, not taking it the third one. Otogeeeeee.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Teminisuccess66: 8:59am On Mar 25, 2022
Expectantmom:

I'm sure most if not all of us are passing through the same thing as you are but our consolation is that babies and mothers are healthy and soon we shall meet our little ones.
Pele mama, endure a little more ok.

Thanks my cappo
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Teminisuccess66: 9:00am On Mar 25, 2022
Omakraid:

Amen oooo teamie, the little consolation on the heat here is that though it's very hot at night, the weather starts changing at dawn and it gets a little bit cold...

For the nipple cleaning, you can start at 37 weeks, clean with cotton wool and olive oil.

Noted, thanks ma
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Layormiii(f): 9:01am On Mar 25, 2022
breeezefe:

Goodevening sabi mamas. Please does intake of sugar or sugar-rich food cause hyperactivenes developing baby,? Because I don't understand the restless jabs and kicks my LO is displaying this night since I took my milk and sugar

Congratulations to all new mamas. We pray and hope for safe delivery for the rest of us
lol anytime my baby is too gentle or quiet I just take any sugary thing.. before you know it oga will start dancing up and down. Lol
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 9:01am On Mar 25, 2022
MorningStar233:
The first drug I was given was Amalar also 3 in 1 and I never reacted to it but that fansidar chai, its a no go area... You can ask at the hospital for other replacement that cab be used in pregnancy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Teminisuccess66: 9:01am On Mar 25, 2022
Layormiii:
Nipple cleaning helps to open up the pores in preparation for breastfeeding, It can be done from 36 weeks.
To clean the nipples, apply olive oil or coconut oil to the nipples and the blackbarea around the nipple and leave for 10 minutes before cleaning with a towel. Some black stuffs will be falling off. Do it from time to time
Copied#

Thanks momma
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 9:03am On Mar 25, 2022
Teminisuccess66:

Noted, thanks ma
Its important you note that it can trigger contractions as stated by women in which it happened

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Layormiii(f): 9:05am On Mar 25, 2022
Omakraid:

The first drug I was given was Amalar also 3 in 1 and I never reacted to it but that fansidar chai, its a no go area... You can ask at the hospital for other replacement that cab be used in pregnancy
a nurse told me artemether lumenfantrin . If you're in 3rd trimester already.
But I didn't buy it sha
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 9:07am On Mar 25, 2022
Layormiii:
a nurse told me artemether lumenfantrin . If you're in 3rd trimester already.
But I didn't buy it sha
I don't think I will collect any anti malaria drug again.. I can even take my prenatals sef, don't want to invite sickness upon myself
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mjblinks(f): 9:08am On Mar 25, 2022
Good morning mama, must pregnant woman take malaria medicine? . Since the beginning of this pregnancy till now, they haven't given me malaria drugs. Hope I am not missing something abi the doctors are not forgetting something.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Layormiii(f): 9:13am On Mar 25, 2022
Omakraid:

I don't think I will collect any anti malaria drug again.. I can even take my prenatals sef, don't want to invite sickness upon myself
nah real sickness mama, took the anti malaria drugs and what my eyes saw my mouth can't explain it, from that night I took it till the next afternoon nah God hand I dey. Not taking again.. I am on vibes and inshallah

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Layormiii(f): 9:16am On Mar 25, 2022
mjblinks:
Good morning mama, must pregnant woman take malaria medicine? . Since the beginning of this pregnancy till now, they haven't given me malaria drugs. Hope I am not missing something abi the doctors are not forgetting something.
what trimester are you mama. I think from second trimester till 34 weeks anti malaria drugs are taken thrice.
You should tell them at your next anti natak that you haven't treated malaria or taken any anti malaria drugs. Just to be on the safer side because of your LO
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by TOHHAN(f): 10:03am On Mar 25, 2022
Layormiii:
lol anytime my baby is too gentle or quiet I just take any sugary thing.. before you know it oga will start dancing up and down. Lol
Lucky U. sugary or no sugary, cold tins or not cold, na when oga wen kick o. Attyms I won't feel anytyn for d whole day and ll go for sugar or cold water bt all those things no dey shake uncle o

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MorningStar233: 10:27am On Mar 25, 2022
Omakraid:

Okay dear, thanks very much
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MorningStar233: 10:28am On Mar 25, 2022
Layormiii:
honestly I have taken the fansidar twice and both experiences are cry cry
No malaria symptoms atall but I am just doing it for my baby ni. Not sure I will take the third one sef cos the last one I took this week, God! I can't even explain it, even tho I used d drugs before sleeping, the thing still disturbed me throuoght the night and I ended up vomiting that mid night.

If you can just try and take it one more time before your 34th week..for baby sake.
As for me sha, not taking it the third one. Otogeeeeee.

Oh dear, I fear that drug so much..like you said I'll take it for the sale of my baby...things mothers go through....

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Layormiii(f): 10:37am On Mar 25, 2022
TOHHAN:

Lucky U. sugary or no sugary, cold tins or not cold, na when oga wen kick o. Attyms I won't feel anytyn for d whole day and ll go for sugar or cold water bt all those things no dey shake uncle o
oga nah master grin what if you touch your stomach, after sometimes he moves to that place and start kicking you. That's how his dad always look for his trouble lol
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Hamzashaf99(f): 11:43am On Mar 25, 2022
Layormiii:
nah real sickness mama, took the anti malaria drugs and what my eyes saw my mouth can't explain it, from that night I took it till the next afternoon nah God hand I dey. Not taking again.. I am on vibes and inshallah
This is my third journey and I've vowed not to take that drug. Seriously, even without it I struggle to get through each day without one issue or the other.

I do tryy best though to prevent malaria. I close my doors early to avoid mosquito bites and don't go out again except necessary after 5pm. I also use my net always and use insecticide in the evening, all so I won't come down with malaria and I'm good so far. I pray it continues this way.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mzMerci(f): 11:45am On Mar 25, 2022
Lool.. I have the same experience too.. once I take any sweet food, my baby gets super active. I think it’s normal cos my pregnant friends have same experience.
Another thing I noticed is my hair and nails grows really fast. Shaving is serious work now cos my belle don block road. My hair is fuller, darker and longer. I just pray it doesn’t chop after delivery

Congratulations @towerofgrace @kokaiye

breeezefe:

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ladyrachy(f): 11:56am On Mar 25, 2022
breeezefe:

was browsing one day and read an article to get baby to move either tap ure stomach or drink a sugary stuff. Funny enough when I manage to drink Pepsi hmm na jubilation for my baby, don't know if its true?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ladyrachy(f): 12:03pm On Mar 25, 2022
Layormiii:
oga nah master grin what if you touch your stomach, after sometimes he moves to that place and start kicking you. That's how his dad always look for his trouble lol
That's one annoying thing my hubby does ,when he's back from work he taps my tummy and say baby say hi to daddy this baby will start kicking me oo seriously and its painful sumhow. Me wey dey happy say baby don' sleep he will just wake am up.�

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mjblinks(f): 1:15pm On Mar 25, 2022
Layormiii:
what trimester are you mama. I think from second trimester till 34 weeks anti malaria drugs are taken thrice.
You should tell them at your next anti natak that you haven't treated malaria or taken any anti malaria drugs. Just to be on the safer side because of your LO

I am in my third trimester.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Brownsmoothie: 1:44pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hi beautiful mamas,am back here after 4 years...hope I still know how to use the group? Am team November 2022

11 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by SolaScrivens: 2:17pm On Mar 25, 2022
Good afternoon Mamas
It's your girl again o.
My baby is about two weeks now.
Initially she cries for food after every two/three hrs.
But I noticed since yesterday she's been sleeping more both at night and day.
My concern now is when I notice it's over four hours she's been sleeping, I try to wake her up to eat, she sucks for a minute or two and go back to sleep.
Eg. today she's had just one proper feeding session of about 20 minutes sucking. I have even changed her diaper with the hope she will Wake to eat, but she just sucked for about 2 minutes and went back to sleep.

Pls mothers what can I do?
I am concerned she's not getting enough nutrients. Coz I googled and saw babies should feed 8-12 times daily with a min nursing time of 20 minutes per feed for breast fed babies.

Please what do I do?
Btw 1pm and 2pm I have tried to wake her up about 3 times, but she's just enjoying her sleep.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6489) (6490) (6491) (6492) (6493) (6494) (6495) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.