Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,301 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:28 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (6495) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8124332 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6492) (6493) (6494) (6495) (6496) (6497) (6498) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mzMerci(f): 7:09pm On Mar 26, 2022
Artemether lumefantrine is safe in all trimesters according to recent studies. It’s not the reason for the contractions u felt, in fact malaria is most likely the culprit. It is generally prescribed at the teaching hospital here. I’ve used it thrice in this pregnancy and my scans are perfect. There’s no cause for alarm.

exclusiveoloori:

Team August here.

I have been a little worried mamas. I had malaria at 11 weeks and the doctor prescribed armatem. After using for 3 days , I started feeling contractions, pull and bites. Visited UCH and was later prescribed Amodiaquine which I also used for 3 days and was fine. Was just surfing the Internet one day and read that Armatem (Artemether&Lumefantrine) combination shouldn't be taken in first trimester. I guess it explained the contractions and all however, I am perfectly fine now. But I worry for my baby just hope it hasn't affected his or her formation and growth somehow. I asked the doctor why prescribe it if it was contraindicated but he said at 11 weeks, the fetus had formed and wont have any effect. I'm booked for an anormaly scan next week and I'm kind of scared sha.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Layormiii(f): 7:16pm On Mar 26, 2022
exclusiveoloori:

Team August here.

I have been a little worried mamas. I had malaria at 11 weeks and the doctor prescribed armatem. After using for 3 days , I started feeling contractions, pull and bites. Visited UCH and was later prescribed Amodiaquine which I also used for 3 days and was fine. Was just surfing the Internet one day and read that Armatem (Artemether&Lumefantrine) combination shouldn't be taken in first trimester. I guess it explained the contractions and all however, I am perfectly fine now. But I worry for my baby just hope it hasn't affected his or her formation and growth somehow. I asked the doctor why prescribe it if it was contraindicated but he said at 11 weeks, the fetus had formed and wont have any effect. I'm booked for an anormaly scan next week and I'm kind of scared sha.
so sorry about the experience mama. Just to add it, please whenever we are given a drug to use please let's do well to Google it out and see if it's really safe for use during pregnancy especially for our trimester.

Had same experience in my first trimester, infact wasnt upto 10 weeks preggy that time. the yeye nurse prescribed some drugs for me to make my surgery spot heal fast, I asked her severally if it was safe for me and she said yes, that night after taking it I had so much cramps I thought I will see blood. Was rolling on the bed praying.

The next morning I sent the prescription to the doctor and she told me to stop them immediately as they are not safe for me. All the nurse could do was apologize and apologize and apologize. What if something bad has happened nah apology I go chop? Since then I don't fail to ask Google oooo and post it here to hear from other mamas.

Am sure your LO is fine.. you will hear good news ijn
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 7:34pm On Mar 26, 2022
Jackie2021:
Good morning fellow mothers . Please I need your advise o as I am a ftm. I am 41 weeks and 3 days yet no sign of labour. My hospital is saying I will be induced at 42 weeks if I don’t go into labour. Some people have been telling me 42 weeks is to late that I should have been induced by now. What do you think about this as I am panicking badly.
Hello ma'am, what's up with you now, any update? Safest delivery
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by exclusiveoloori: 8:18pm On Mar 26, 2022
Layormiii:
so sorry about the experience mama. Just to add it, please whenever we are given a drug to use please let's do well to Google it out and see if it's really safe for use during pregnancy especially for our trimester.

Had same experience in my first trimester, infact wasnt upto 10 weeks preggy that time. the yeye nurse prescribed some drugs for me to make my surgery spot heal fast, I asked her severally if it was safe for me and she said yes, that night after taking it I had so much cramps I thought I will see blood. Was rolling on the bed praying.

The next morning I sent the prescription to the doctor and she told me to stop them immediately as they are not safe for me. All the nurse could do was apologize and apologize and apologize. What if something bad has happened nah apology I go chop? Since then I don't fail to ask Google oooo and post it here to hear from other mamas.

Am sure your LO is fine.. you will hear good news ijn

Amen. Thank you. I'm a Ftm. Sure such a thing will definitely not happen again. I kinda trusted the doctor's prescription without checking it out cos he's an obstetrician and i was specifically referred there by another doctor.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Smartriya: 8:21pm On Mar 26, 2022
kokaiye:
i used palmoil i bought frm african shop... Even thou i was advice not to bath him wit d umbilocal cord... D white stuff babies come wit just didnt sit well wit me, i was eager to wash it off... So i did just dt immediately i got home, wen d midwife dt came to visit me asked if i bath us already, i said no ooo... Mk dem no go report me 4 social service lol.... I didnt use sponge... I just use small white cloth lik bib to wash his body with warm water n johnson cotton touch bath n wash soup to wash d palmoil away, i only use d soup once cs of d palmoil oil off... Then i use coconut oil to rub his enter body... Dasol ooo. 4 d umbilical cord... Avoid water touching it n use spirit to clean it... D tin will dry up immediately n come right off.... I used dis spirit below to clean baby's cord, n its off d forth day.

In love with Johnson's cottontouch. Trying vanilla oat this time around.

Once you get a good methylated spirit with regular clean the cord comes off earlier.
I get spirit from the hospital after my firat experience with fake spirit.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by TOHHAN(f): 8:22pm On Mar 26, 2022
miracletoday:

grin grin grin Clipper ke? U get mind o. The vibration of the thing no dey totori u? Ur clitoris nko?qnd those two standing walls? I beg dey use shaving stick o.
I had to tell him to stop wen the vibration dey do me sumhw oo. Shaving stick always gimme boil datz y I accept the clipper o but NO for now again

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by TOHHAN(f): 8:50pm On Mar 26, 2022
Abeg am I the only team June feeling weak already? I guess the stress of 1st and 2nd trimester is just telling on me at 3rd trimester, was just sleeping throughout today, asin sleep, eat, sleep again, eat and datz all, the food self na small small nt like 2nd trimester that I can finish a bowl in one sitting. ORS has been my water since 2days nw.
My tummy jt dey heavy asif dem b 2 inside me, abi 1 dey hide ni grin mamas with big bump dey try oooo because I can't imagine turning on bed, the load in the stomach while lieing and walking...
I just feel like June should come quickly abeg

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Hamzashaf99(f): 9:13pm On Mar 26, 2022
TOHHAN:
Abeg am I the only team June feeling weak already? I guess the stress of 1st and 2nd trimester is just telling on me at 3rd trimester, was just sleeping throughout today, asin sleep, eat, sleep again, eat and datz all, the food self na small small nt like 2nd trimester that I can finish a bowl in one sitting. ORS has been my water since 2days nw.
My tummy jt dey heavy asif dem b 2 inside me, abi 1 dey hide ni grin mamas with big bump dey try oooo because I can't imagine turning on bed, the load in the stomach while lieing and walking...
I just feel like June should come quickly abeg
No. I've been weak since 3 days ago. I still like food especially well prepared ones.

Then that's heaviness, it is well. It really feels like it's two inside there. Then this evening my skin was feeling stretched like there's no space to expand anymore but it wants to by force. I'm just wondering how it will be at 9 months.
And we still have April, May and June to go
sad

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by TOHHAN(f): 9:25pm On Mar 26, 2022
Hamzashaf99:

No. I've been weak since 3 days ago. I still like food especially well prepared ones.

Then that's heaviness, it is well. It really feels like it's two inside there. Then this evening my skin was feeling stretched like there's no space to expand anymore but it wants to by force. I'm just wondering how it will be at 9 months.
And we still have April, May and June to go
sad
Nawa ooo, attyms I feel like no space to expand too o and under burst will be paining me sumhw due to the heaviness.
To cook is now war for me because I can't eat it as I want.
Just praying April and May will be super fast o.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sassy256(f): 9:46pm On Mar 26, 2022
exclusiveoloori:

Team August here.

I have been a little worried mamas. I had malaria at 11 weeks and the doctor prescribed armatem. After using for 3 days , I started feeling contractions, pull and bites. ....
Welcome teamie.
Others have already answered you on the drug issue, just don't worry everything will be alright with your LO. kiss

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kunmisola(f): 9:47pm On Mar 26, 2022
Toopee:
For the mums that were medically induced for labor, can you please share your experiences? The process, pain ratio, how long it took…

I requested to be medically induced when I have passed the two due dates given to me by scan. That fateful day around 2pm I jejely carried myself to the hospital because hubby was not around and I didn't even want to tell anyone for fear of discouragement cos I already zero my mind. I was induced around 2p.m in the afternoon, after the induced I insisted on going home to eat and rest since the hospital is a stone throw to my house. I started having on and off contraction after 4p.m and after eating, I showered and walk down to the.hospital around 7p.m. The nurse on duty tested me and said I have a long way to go na so I mellow and lie down on the bed. At exactly 8:30 pm, I had this very sharp pain down my tummy and from there serious labour started ooo. My sister I went to heaven and came back but I thank God for his mercies because I gave birth around 10:21pm that same night.

Two things helped me
1. I zeroed my mind that pain na pain o because my tired is already tired.
2. God's grace and mercy.

17 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:48pm On Mar 26, 2022
Hello pretty preggy Mamas,how are you all doing and coping? Safe delivery

11 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by suzzyrims: 10:06pm On Mar 26, 2022
Mamas please can I take paracetamol
I have serious headache and running nose
What drug can I take for the running nose
I am sixteen weeks gone

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by waistbead: 10:34pm On Mar 26, 2022
Sassy256:
My beloved August teamies, we don dey plenty o grin
Starryv
dunpredictable
Pyzdan
Sure we're doing great. Please more August mama's you can quote me let's know ourselves better. April is here already kiss

Flips my 26 inches bone straight cool cool

Team August

17wks 5days today
EDD 29-08-22

Barren woman is preggers grin grin

MY GOD IS NOT YOUR MATE

33 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Toopee: 10:39pm On Mar 26, 2022
My own induction experience with my first took about 2 hours because I was already 6cm but not dilating any further for many hours, but in that short time, I saw stars, them no dey describe am.
Just do it if that's what you've been advised to do, you will be alright when you see your baby.[/quote] Thank you for sharing mama, now I know what to expect if I’m to follow through.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Toopee: 10:47pm On Mar 26, 2022
kunmisola:

I requested to be medically induced when I have passed the two due dates given to me by scan. That fateful day around 2pm I jejely carried myself to the hospital because hubby was not around and I didn't even want to tell anyone for fear of discouragement cos I already zero my mind. I was induced around 2p.m in the afternoon, after the induced I insisted on going home to eat and rest since the hospital is a stone throw to my house. I started having on and off contraction after 4p.m and after eating, I showered and walk down to the.hospital around 7p.m. The nurse on duty tested me and said I have a long way to go na so I mellow and lie down on the bed. At exactly 8:30 pm, I had this very sharp pain down my tummy and from there serious labour started ooo. My sister I went to heaven and came back but I thank God for his mercies because I gave birth around 10:21pm that same night.

Two things helped me
1. I zeroed my mind that pain na pain o because my tired is already tired.
2. God's grace and mercy.
It’s the tiredness o. Thank you for sharing ma
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sassy256(f): 11:24pm On Mar 26, 2022
waistbead:

Team August
17wks 5days today
EDD 29-08-22
MY GOD IS NOT YOUR MATE
Hahahaha welcome teamie!
Ahn ahn!

Just few days ago richwife abi wetin dem call her, called you barren on TTC thread!!! I remember clearly!
Ah!
What God cannot do does not exist indeed.
Welcome jare!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by TOHHAN(f): 12:01am On Mar 27, 2022
suzzyrims:
Mamas please can I take paracetamol
I have serious headache and running nose
What drug can I take for the running nose
I am sixteen weeks gone
Please complain to them at the clinic, learnt they don't take anyhw drug for catarrh/running nose. I do use hot water alone sha because I hate drugs to the brim, I massage my nose with it and drink attyms. The paracetamol self,
am always careful about it, if they told me 3times a day, I do reduce it to 2times a day.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Azaebere: 12:19am On Mar 27, 2022
Omakraid:
Good morning mamas here, May God make the rest of this journey easy for us all by his grace.

Azaebere mama triplets hope you and the boys are doing good.....
Funky123 how's you and Baby Zee..... Vigilante don finally hold cappo kokaiye, she don dey leave us small small cheesy.... Other march mamas yet to submit BA/BS, God is with you all and your LOs..

My fellow team May mummies and mums in other teams, God is with us as our ministry marches ahead to the permanent site.. There shall be no loss by his grace, our celebration shall be full.

Yes we are doing great mama. Thanks for checking on us. Vigilante no be here
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Xoxobull: 1:00am On Mar 27, 2022
Mummytoo:

Wow

Fast fast delivery

Praise the Lord

Congratulations❤
Thanks mama
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Xoxobull: 1:01am On Mar 27, 2022
Amen oooo wishing you same to your bundle of y
Omakraid:

Amen.... Congratulations ma, May your boy be a continuous source of joy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Xoxobull: 1:03am On Mar 27, 2022
Amen ma thank you, wishing you same to your LO
Layormiii:
congratulations mama. May the baby boy bring lots of happiness to your home ijn
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Bunny19: 8:28am On Mar 27, 2022
waistbead:

Team August

17wks 5days today
EDD 29-08-22

MY GOD IS NOT YOUR MATE
. If this is not an epic entrance I wonder what is! You will carry to term and deliver safely. Massive congratulations to you dear sis. I'm elated with this news smiley

8 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by exclusiveoloori: 8:36am On Mar 27, 2022
mzMerci:
Artemether lumefantrine is safe in all trimesters according to recent studies. It’s not the reason for the contractions u felt, in fact malaria is most likely the culprit. It is generally prescribed at the teaching hospital here. I’ve used it thrice in this pregnancy and my scans are perfect. There’s no cause for alarm.

This is very relieving thanks mama.

Happy Sunday
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Trippleblessing(f): 9:08am On Mar 27, 2022
waistbead:

Team August

17wks 5days today
EDD 29-08-22

MY GOD IS NOT YOUR MATE

You did not even have swag at all.

You need that picture of that woman in a wedding gown sitting at the window of a car shouting to the whole village.

Congratulations mama, What God can not do does not exist, welcome, you shall carry to term in Jesus name, and return sharperly. Don't worry about shopping stress, Zaynie can handle that.

To all TTC mama, 2022 is surely the year of our remembrance.

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by waistbead: 9:32am On Mar 27, 2022
Trippleblessing:

You need that picture of that woman in a wedding gown sitting at the window of a car shouting to the whole village.

Congratulations mama, What God can not do does not exist, welcome, you shall carry to term in Jesus name, and return sharperly.

Don't worry about shopping stress, Zaynie can handle that.

Trippleblessing joon ! I der slay baje baje grin RIri (Rihanna) own na smor grin if my baby wan dull me I speak to her (hey babes calm down because momma gat to slay and show/tell them that God of ATCM IS NOT THEIR MATE.....

Iya Moyo,@zaynie bring golden chair make I siddon,if not I no go buy baby things from you o grin grin grin

God punish the DEVIL

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by waistbead: 9:50am On Mar 27, 2022
Bunny19:
. If this is not an epic entrance I wonder what is! You will carry to term and deliver safely. Massive congratulations to you dear sis. I'm elated with this news smiley

Bunny19 joon,I know your first handle grin Bunny there's no barren woman,hang on sisterly HE''ll visit you home..

Mrs L waited for 16 yrs before she had her first BB after 10yrs again God OF ATCM visited yet again @49 not assisted.She 's due next month......Chukwudinsor

Singing grin grin

Bia lele bia lele ekwensu etiele isi na Bab wire oo...

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 11:50am On Mar 27, 2022
Azaebere:

Yes we are doing great mama. Thanks for checking on us. Vigilante no be here
Vigilante for one baby is not beans, how much more for three babies? You are doing well ma, weldone

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 11:55am On Mar 27, 2022
waistbead:

Team August

17wks 5days today
EDD 29-08-22

MY GOD IS NOT YOUR MATE
Hallelujah!!!! There's no barren woman anywhere only women waiting for God's perfect timing and thank God yours has come...

Congratulations mama, please flip that bone straight well because time wey weaving go rough wella for your head dey come... Congratulations again ma

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 11:58am On Mar 27, 2022
Trippleblessing:

Congratulations mama, What God can not do does not exist, welcome, you shall carry to term in Jesus name, and return sharperly. Don't worry about shopping stress, Zaynie can handle that.

Amen and Amen
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pweetiebabe(f): 11:59am On Mar 27, 2022
Toopee:
For the mums that were medically induced for labor, can you please share your experiences? The process, pain ratio, how long it took…
I have been induced twice for two pregnancy, and I can say both times were first cos from beginning Till having my babies took like maximum of 6hours both times....But for d pain Hmmmmmm, though I can compare with natural labour as i have never fall into labour naturally. Bit I believe u will forget all d pains wen u see ur bundle of joy

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 12:00pm On Mar 27, 2022
waistbead:

Trippleblessing joon ! I der slay baje baje grin [/b]RIri (Rihanna) own na smor[b] grin if my baby wan dull me I speak to her (hey babes calm down because [/b]momma gat to slay and show/tell them that God of ATCM IS NOT THEIR MATE[b].....

Iya Moyo,@zaynie bring golden chair make I siddon,if not I no go buy baby things from you o grin grin grin

God punish the DEVIL
We don't get slay mama oo... Slay your slay, na God give you joy and you Joy is permanent in Jesus name.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6492) (6493) (6494) (6495) (6496) (6497) (6498) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Hollyb(f) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.