Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,142 members, 7,821,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (6502) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8159054 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6499) (6500) (6501) (6502) (6503) (6504) (6505) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MorningStar233: 11:15am On Mar 30, 2022
Mamas that have delivered their babies how are you all managing colic pls?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Bloomingbud(f): 1:06pm On Mar 30, 2022
threegees:

Solid Rock is a good one.
Once lived with someone who used the hospital.
Her experience has been excellent

Thank you ma.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Bloomingbud(f): 1:24pm On Mar 30, 2022
tikkykay:

My LMP is Jan 19 and I am about 10 weeks+

You are my team mate.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugarcoatted(f): 2:15pm On Mar 30, 2022
Bloomingbud:
Good morning mamas.

Second time mum in the house, I was team Feb 2018 and now team Oct 2022 though unplanned but God gave his it his own way and I'm happy to be having another baby. Anybody used Solid rock hospital Ojodu for delivery? That's my HMO so I want to know if I can use them for delivery or just change to Mother and Child.

I had my baby at Mother and Child. Will still use them for the next....excellent services
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by omotolanibaby(f): 2:25pm On Mar 30, 2022
Jackie2021:
Good morning fellow mothers . Please I need your advise o as I am a ftm. I am 41 weeks and 3 days yet no sign of labour. My hospital is saying I will be induced at 42 weeks if I don’t go into labour. Some people have been telling me 41weeks plus is to late that I should have been induced by now. What do you think about this as I am panicking badly.
I was about to be induced at 41weeks plus when labour came natural,so it's not late.thats why they say -2weeks or +2weeks

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sassy256(f): 2:45pm On Mar 30, 2022
aderebecca:
. Amen.

Good evening mummies. Please I am abit confused. My period has been regular for like 6 month which is 10nth of every month uptil December which came on the 10 . By January my period was 6 days late which came on the 16nth of January and it as if I was spotting, it was just light and scanty flow for two days. February I missed my period and I tested positive. I went for scan today, scan shows I am 11weeks 4 days pregnant, will my last Menstrual period be January 16 or December 10?
From Ur scan dates, Ur LMP should be sometime in January not december
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by miracletoday: 3:16pm On Mar 30, 2022
April is here. March mamas halloooo.To call my teamie out is hungrying me.May mamas, don't worry, nah small remain.Teamies, how are u doing. Esp those with EDD in the first 2weeks,how body they do una? Pls show face
I didn't know I can get this heavy, and tired. I tot I will slay all thru.even with all my packaging, my back don bend and it really pushed my tummy outside.Bfore now, I just want April to land,but now I m seeing I will miss somtins
1. I will miss my belle o. The rolling, back and forth movement of my baby, so soothing to watch. No mind me I m a FTM."mi o bikan ri"
2.i will miss being served food in bed. When I want to be lazy, all i need to do for dh is to say, I wish to cook o, but if I cook,a salt or Maggi disaster can happen, or my taste bud is not working.or baby is disturbing me. who born me before preggie
3. I will miss saying it is pregnancy hormone for every unfair things I do, like farting,snoring
4. I rmbr the day policemen caught me driving pass limit.I forgot to share the story here. Immediately they saw my bump, they change story,na dem dey pity me,.when i saw their reaction, I just shoot out the bump more.they just spoke grammar,I no even hear them well sef, ask if it is boy or girl etc. i  would have been fined mercilessly.Mo jee lo grin
I hop I m not the only one who belle has favoured

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by formidablefunmi(f): 3:41pm On Mar 30, 2022
Mama's please help on this it keeps spreading

I don't know why I can upload pictures it's like rashes its water filled on the face of a 4 years old it keeps spreading Fr the forehead to the nose and jaw.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by formidablefunmi(f): 4:15pm On Mar 30, 2022

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kokaiye: 5:22pm On Mar 30, 2022
shutupareyouGOD:
I also didn’t have fibroid till I took clomid….thankfully it was small and outside the uterus…never taking clomid again
so clomid causes fibroid shocked shocked.. I gaz warn a friend
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ladyrachy(f): 5:26pm On Mar 30, 2022
miracletoday:
April is here. March mamas halloooo.To call my teamie out is hungrying me.May mamas, don't worry, nah small remain.Teamies, how are u doing. Esp those with EDD in the first 2weeks,how body they do una? Pls show face
I didn't know I can get this heavy, and tired. I tot I will slay all thru.even with all my packaging, my back don bend and it really pushed my tummy outside.Bfore now, I just want April to land,but now I m seeing I will miss somtins
1. I will miss my belle o. The rolling, back and forth movement of my baby, so soothing to watch. No mind me I m a FTM."mi o bikan ri"
not the only one who belle has favoured
Am going to miss buying something' and someone saying don't worry I will pay or being given special treatment in vehicles,went to market to buy dry fish had just #100 left the mama said its #200 I just stood dre looking at the fish later she divided it into two and sold for me,something this mama never does I smiled and said to my baby thank u.will miss my bump ooo

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kokaiye: 5:48pm On Mar 30, 2022
miracletoday:
2.i will miss being served food in bed. When I want to be lazy, all i need to do for dh is to say, I wish to cook o, but if I cook,a salt or Maggi disaster can happen, or my taste bud is not working.or baby is disturbing me. who born me before preggie
3. I will miss saying it is pregnancy hormone for every unfair things I do, like farting,snoring
4. I rmbr the day policemen caught me driving pass limit.I forgot to share the story here. Immediately they saw my bump, they change story,na dem dey pity me,.when i saw their reaction, I just shoot out the bump more.they just spoke grammar,I no even hear them well sef, ask if it is boy or girl etc. i  would have been fined mercilessly.Mo jee lo grin
hmmm... My dear, right now... I missed been pregnant but omo!!! D pain i went through wen i tink about it, it shakes me bk to reality... Pregnancy is sweet but hmmmm!!! Pain n ache ooooo chai!!!! Congrats in advance we ve one more day to enter April cheesy... Shey u b early april or late april? Cs i tell u, d wait go stil.long if u b late april undecided

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MamaDG: 5:50pm On Mar 30, 2022
[quote author=Funky123 post=111486962][/quote]Thanks mama. I will
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MamaDG: 5:53pm On Mar 30, 2022
Omakraid:

For the ibotan (the one at the point where the thighs meet), I suggest you start wearing tight and let go of panties(if joining both makes you uncomfortable) but you can bare it all when you are at home.. I as a person can't go anywhere without wearing tight since teenagehood cos of ibotan.

As per tubal ligation that the elderly gynaecologist was trying to dissuade you against, our people say what an elderly person sees while sitting, a child cannot see even after climbing an iroko tree... He must have his reasons for dissuading you... If that's what you want and your hubby is consenting to it, then go ahead
Thanks mama.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MamaDG: 5:55pm On Mar 30, 2022
Smartriya:

So this is my 4th and since i have been booked for ECS ( pih, panic and anxiety attacks) and the way this belle show me ... i requested for BTL. In short i have always shouted it while on admission early this year.
Yes, they would sèek your husband's consent. Mine was okayed by the First OB cos he calculated based on my age, number and gender of kids... it gives a score tgeyvuse to chk if its ok. The second wanted to kick against it saying i was young but explained there was no side effects.

I really why they don't ask men to do the famil planning thgy sef.
I wonder too.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MamaDG: 6:04pm On Mar 30, 2022
kennyjoy:
Respect to All Mummies in the house,

It is my second time here on this platform, my first time was when my wife had a two repeated Miscarriage last year, (One @7weeks and the other one @6weeks) but we thank God she’s 15weeks pregnant now.

Pls mummies I need help with this urgently,

Yesterday she having a little abdominal pain at her left Tommy, the pain will relieve her a bit and start again, she couldn’t sleep last night….We quickly get across to our Gynecologist and she told her to take paracetamol last night, the pain subside and start again in the mid night…..we planned to register for ANC today so we quickly head out very early so as to see doctor and Scan too. Getting to the hospital a paracetamol injection was given to her and the pain subside again. So we went for the Scan as our Gyna & Doctor instruct. The scan shows everything is fine, and the Baby is fine too after the Doc & our Gyna see the results, they said everything is fine that nothing to worry about.. So we went back home & she had a sound sleep, when she wake this evening the pain started again…..Our Gyna said she can take paracetamol but she’s still feeling the pain as am typing now…….Pls mummies What can we do, is there any home remedy aside from medication coz our Doc & Gyna said she can’t take anything else than paracetamol.

Thanks in anticipation.
I had pain that feels like labor pain during my first trimester. I was given paracetamol tablets which couldnt help the pain till I was admitted. All I know was I was given ibuprofen plus paracetamol injections and I was placed on bed rest.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kennyjoy(m): 6:32pm On Mar 30, 2022
@Omakraid, @AbleGoddidit, @MorningStar233, @MamaDG. Thanks for your contribution and prayers. I’m grateful.

So we went to hospital today as today is also ANC visit, she was admitted, the pain as been relieve and everything is fine now & will be discharge today too. Series of test was carried out and we were told she had a Malaria. She was given an injection and drip too..

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 6:34pm On Mar 30, 2022
kennyjoy:
@Omakraid, @AbleGoddidit, @MorningStar233, @MamaDG. Thanks for your contribution and prayers. I’m grateful.

So we went to hospital today as today is also ANC visit, she was admitted, the pain as been relieve and everything is fine now & will be discharge today too. Series of test was carried out and we were told she had a Malaria. She was given an injection and drip too..
Praise God she is getting relieved... It is well with us all
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by phaya(f): 6:35pm On Mar 30, 2022
miracletoday:

Ha! able cappo I miss my old self o, before I can climb mountain now to even raise leg up na WA... As people dash me things during pregnancy that's how they will still dash me things when they see new born baby. So glad that April is here!!! God is too good

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 6:38pm On Mar 30, 2022
formidablefunmi:
Mama's please help on this it keeps spreading

I don't know why I can upload pictures it's like rashes its water filled on the face of a 4 years old it keeps spreading Fr the forehead to the nose and jaw.
It looks like alefo, when one bursts, the fluid from it makes it grow in other parts.. I'll suggest you use cacatin as I don't know if prickly heart powder works for it..

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MorningStar233: 7:20pm On Mar 30, 2022
kennyjoy:

Thank God for his mercies... Weldon..

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by formidablefunmi(f): 7:48pm On Mar 30, 2022
[quote author=Omakraid post=111508441]
It looks like alefo,

Yes mama that's what it does. I was thinking about taking him to a pharmacist maybe they could give him Antibiotics
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by miracletoday: 9:08pm On Mar 30, 2022
ladyrachy:

Am going to miss buying something' and someone saying don't worry I will pay or being given special treatment in vehicles,went to market to buy dry fish had just #100 left the mama said its #200 I just stood dre looking at the fish later she divided it into two and sold for me,something this mama never does I smiled and said to my baby thank u.will miss my bump ooo
omo , nothing as sweet as somebody paying for you and d attention outside, is sweeter.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by miracletoday: 9:11pm On Mar 30, 2022
phaya:

Ha! able cappo I miss my old self o, before I can climb mountain now to even raise leg up na WA... As people dash me things during pregnancy that's how they will still dash me things when they see new born baby. So glad that April is here!!! God is too good
see my Sister o, dashing no go end? I beg if I were you nah to get belle asap after some months. (Let me run before u read this). Meanwhilly,no be only u cant gbe body again. But I still plan to dance and record mysef
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MamaDG: 9:21pm On Mar 30, 2022
formidablefunmi:
This
This looks like a Alefo. When my baby had it then, I took him to see a Paediatrician and he was given an antibiotics and a tube cream and It disappeared so quickly. Just take him to see a paed.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by miracletoday: 9:25pm On Mar 30, 2022
kokaiye:
hmmm... My dear, right now... I missed been pregnant but omo!!! D pain i went through wen i tink about it, it shakes me bk to reality... Pregnancy is sweet but hmmmm!!! Pain n ache ooooo chai!!!! Congrats in advance we ve one more day to enter April cheesy... Shey u b early april or late april? Cs i tell u, d wait go stil.long if u b late april undecided
My sister,ayam 22nd o. can't wait to be like u jare.d pain is something else.nah just d attention part sweet
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Xman12345goat: 9:26pm On Mar 30, 2022
MorningStar233:
Mamas that have delivered their babies how are you all managing colic pls?

Using a pacifier.
Taking your infant for a car ride or on a walk in a stroller.
Walking around with or rocking your baby.
Swaddling your baby in a blanket.
Giving your baby a warm bath.
Rubbing your infant's tummy or placing your baby on the tummy for a back rub.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MorningStar233: 9:47pm On Mar 30, 2022
Xman12345goat:

Using a pacifier.
Taking your infant for a car ride or on a walk in a stroller.
Walking around with or rocking your baby.
Swaddling your baby in a blanket.
Giving your baby a warm bath.
Rubbing your infant's tummy or placing your baby on the tummy for a back rub.

Thanks dear
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by GenyEbere(f): 10:05pm On Mar 30, 2022
BS

This pregnancy was the toughest for me,I hardly sleep well,seeing that I needed the baby to properly heal from the death of my mum and mum in-law I hanged on. I started ANC early I never missed my appointment,getting closer date was picked but I wasn't comfortable with it reason I can't explain. Some weeks ago we changed the date to 28/3,I went to the hospital got prepared and went into the theater after some minutes baby was delivered, his cry was loud enough.

Waking up Dr told me that upon opening me up he discovered the cord was almost strangling the baby of which no one knows how long it has been there. Within 3hrs after the birth he started changing color if the oxygen is removed because he was placed on oxygen as the near strangling might have caused shortage of oxygen in his system. He was monitored for 24hrs with no improvement rather he was having fast breathing with noise and his heart was as if it will jump out of his skin,we quickly took him to LifeLine Children Hospital Surulere but unfortunately we lost him on the way to the hospital. They said he had congenital heart disorder which if the surgery is successful the chances of living a normal life will be near impossible. I can't question God all I ask is for strength to move on with the leaking boobs and baby things staring at me and no baby to use them. I have questions but no one can answer me.

I pray we will not cast our young,no pregnant woman here will carry pregnancy and not nurse the child.

May you all carry to them and deliver successfully and to our GTC sisters fear not for your testimony is here.

10 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by TOHHAN(f): 10:26pm On Mar 30, 2022
kennyjoy:
Respect to All Mummies in the house,

It is my second time here on this platform, my first time was when my wife had a two repeated Miscarriage last year, (One @7weeks and the other one @6weeks) but we thank God she’s 15weeks pregnant now.

Pls mummies I need help with this urgently,

Yesterday she having a little abdominal pain at her left Tommy, the pain will relieve her a bit and start again, she couldn’t sleep last night….We quickly get across to our Gynecologist and she told her to take paracetamol last night, the pain subside and start again in the mid night…..we planned to register for ANC today so we quickly head out very early so as to see doctor and Scan too. Getting to the hospital a paracetamol injection was given to her and the pain subside again. So we went for the Scan as our Gyna & Doctor instruct. The scan shows everything is fine, and the Baby is fine too after the Doc & our Gyna see the results, they said everything is fine that nothing to worry about.. So we went back home & she had a sound sleep, when she wake this evening the pain started again…..Our Gyna said she can take paracetamol but she’s still feeling the pain as am typing now…….Pls mummies What can we do, is there any home remedy aside from medication coz our Doc & Gyna said she can’t take anything else than paracetamol.

Thanks in anticipation.
Had this same pain but not 11weeks, ct remember the week bt within 5-6months sha. The pain won't go at once, it's gradual. Was gvn paracetamol to be taken 3tyms daily till the pain go too and an injection but my mum advice 3tyms daily is too much as paracetamol shdnt be too much too. The pain didnt go and I went to the hospital again but saw another doctor which gave me Cocoderm to be taken for 3days, was scared to use it at first because it has codine nd I notice it makes me sleep when I used it but afta that 3days of using it, I feel more and more relieved till the pain went.
If she didn't see changes, make she go complain again and not just consuming paracetamol everyday please.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Smartriya: 11:03pm On Mar 30, 2022
GenyEbere:
BS

This pregnancy was the toughest for me,I hardly sleep well,seeing that I needed the baby to properly heal from the death of my mum and mum in-law I hanged on. I started ANC early I never missed my appointment,getting closer date was picked but I wasn't comfortable with it reason I can't explain. Some weeks ago we changed the date to 28/3,I went to the hospital got prepared and went into the theater after some minutes baby was delivered, his cry was loud enough.

Waking up Dr told me that upon opening me up he discovered the cord was almost strangling the baby of which no one knows how long it has been there. Within 3hrs after the birth he started changing color if the oxygen is removed because he was placed on oxygen as the near strangling might have caused shortage of oxygen in his system. He was monitored for 24hrs with no improvement rather he was having fast breathing with noise and his heart was as if it will jump out of his skin,we quickly took him to LifeLine Children Hospital Surulere but unfortunately we lost him on the way to the hospital. They said he had congenital heart disorder which if the surgery is successful the chances of living a normal life will be near impossible. I can't question God all I ask is for strength to move on with the leaking boobs and baby things staring at me and no baby to use them. I have questions but no one can answer me.

I pray we will not cast our young,no pregnant woman here will carry pregnancy and not nurse the child.

May you all carry to them and deliver successfully and to our GTC sisters fear not for your testimony is here.

Sending u lots of love and a big hug.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sassy256(f): 11:26pm On Mar 30, 2022
GenyEbere:
BS

This pregnancy was the toughest for me,I hardly sleep well,seeing that I needed the baby to properly heal from the death of my mum and mum in-law I hanged on. I started ANC early I never missed my appointment,getting closer date was picked but I wasn't comfortable with it reason I can't explain. Some weeks ago we changed the date to 28/3,I went to the hospital got prepared and went into the theater after some minutes baby was delivered, his cry was loud enough....
...I can't question God all I ask is for strength to move on with the leaking boobs and baby things staring at me and no baby to use them. I have questions but no one can answer me.
So sorry sis cry cry.
God will wipe your tears and give your reasons to smile again. Hang on, It's well

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6499) (6500) (6501) (6502) (6503) (6504) (6505) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.