Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,789 members, 7,820,765 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (6583) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8156788 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6580) (6581) (6582) (6583) (6584) (6585) (6586) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by vic4real22: 4:30am On Apr 30, 2022
Comanche:
B.A! B.A!! B.A!!!

AlhamdulilLah!!!

My sonshine arrived 5 hours ago weighing 3.3KG.

EDD: April 26th
MPD(Mum’s Preferred Date grin): May 3rd
AWD (Allah’s Willed Date): April 29th.

Congratulations to you mama, ur baby will be a source of joy to the family.

Mothers I hail o.

I want to hail all mothers cause this journey Ko easy rara o. I know people say it’s not easy to be a woman. But guys it is NOT EASY TO BE A MOTHER!

Then I want to dedicate this special hail to mothers that give birth without an epidural. You guys deserve a special serenade o. Hahah! Hahah! Hahaa!

I want to farabale write my B.S so expect it when I’m more settled.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Teminisuccess66: 4:44am On Apr 30, 2022
Comanche:
B.A! B.A!! B.A!!!

AlhamdulilLah!!!

Mothers I hail o.

I want to hail all mothers cause this journey Ko easy rara o. I know people say it’s not easy to be a woman. But guys it is NOT EASY TO BE A MOTHER!

Then I want to dedicate this special hail to mothers that give birth without an epidural. You guys deserve a special serenade o. Hahah! Hahah! Hahaa!

Congratulations mama and welcome to LO
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tatacherie: 5:14am On Apr 30, 2022
Niyyah:
BA! BA!
Alhamdulillah!!
My prince arrived this morning, weighing 3.79kg at 39wks 2days. I'm absolutely over the moon!
@Cappo Expectantmom and my fellow May preggie mamas, I don port o! Bs later smiley
May Allah make the rest of the waddling easy for all the preggy mamas and grant you all swift deliveries. Aameen.

Ps: Pregnacare definitely works as he was born with a full curly hair wink
Congratulations!

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tatacherie: 5:18am On Apr 30, 2022
Comanche:
B.A! B.A!! B.A!!!

AlhamdulilLah!!!

Mothers I hail o.
Congratulations!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kokaiye: 5:30am On Apr 30, 2022
Comanche:
B.A! B.A!! B.A!!!

AlhamdulilLah!!!

Mothers I hail o.

my sister... Ko easy ooo... Pregnancy ooo, taking care of baby ni ooo even wen dey ve grow up, non is easy my sister!!!!!!!!!! Reason y body dey alwz do me smao wen i c anybody maltreating a baby anyhow.... E dey alwz do me lik say mk i kill d pesin... Mk i no go commit murder, i don restricted mysef frm reading news on fb cs eh d rate at which news abt people doing children anyhow too much nowadays e fit mk me commit ooo cs i too love children, i cherish dem ganni ever since i started hvin children, my maternal hormones r on d high side. Congratulation ooo, welcm to motherhood grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Hamzashaf99(f): 5:39am On Apr 30, 2022
Niyyah and Comanche, Alhamdulillah, congratulations. May Allah bless you and your bundles of joy. And may He grant safe and easy passage to all those still in line.

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 7:26am On Apr 30, 2022
Expectantmom:

Tohh!!! It pain me so I exaggerated ni o teamie.
Lol.. God will give the rest of us safe landing.. My church member was booked and had her CS at 35wks, twas then I zeroed my mind that first to get belle is not first to born undecided undecided. Safe delivery ni koko

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 7:30am On Apr 30, 2022
Comanche:
B.A! B.A!! B.A!!!

AlhamdulilLah!!!

Mothers I hail o.

Wow, congrats mama.. Was in your diary yesterday and smiling at your May 3rd date wink.. Thank God it ended it praise, shey next week is sallah na,LO say No mummy you gotta stay home tongue

P.S that our overall is kiss kiss kiss, you did a good job mama
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by miracletoday: 8:07am On Apr 30, 2022
Niyyah:
BA! BA!
Alhamdulillah!!
My prince arrived this morning, weighing 3.79kg at 39wks 2days. I'm absolutely over the moon!
@Cappo Expectantmom and my fellow May preggie mamas, I don port o! Bs later smiley
May Allah make the rest of the waddling easy for all the preggy mamas and grant you all swift deliveries. Aameen.

Congratulations. @3.7kg That's a big boy u got in your hands. May he always be your pride

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by miracletoday: 8:10am On Apr 30, 2022
Comanche:
B.A! B.A!! B.A!!!

AlhamdulilLah!!!

Mothers I hail o.

Allah's will has prevailed.it ended well. congratulations, teamie
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nky4success(f): 8:13am On Apr 30, 2022
eniedo92:
Hello everyone please is there natural remedies to bring down blood sugar it just started in this second trimester my sugar level read 159 thou doctor place me on glucophage thou am scared to use it because of the reviews online that it give some miscarriage and doctor even place me on diet
My question is that have anybody use natural remedies to bring down blood sugar level in pregnancy thanks.

Note I have not it in my life this my first time of having it really scared me and got me devastating.
intake d glucophage, it doesn't cause miscarriage, squeeze garden egg leaf and utazi leaf together and drink d juice, eat more of proteneous food. U r good to go but failure to control with will cause miscarriage and birth defeact.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mummytoo: 8:25am On Apr 30, 2022
Comanche:
B.A! B.A!! B.A!!!

AlhamdulilLah!!!

Mothers I hail o.

Congratulations mama ❤
U have a twin princess and your prince,
Mama Niyyah also had her princess today

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by miracletoday: 8:29am On Apr 30, 2022
Expectantmom:

Congratulations mama. May your prince continue to give you happinesss.
BTW, at this rate half of May mamas might port to April o.
haha. We be silent snatcher grin.
Which ever date our babies choose, mak God sha help us that day ni
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Trippleblessing(f): 8:52am On Apr 30, 2022
Congratulations to all the mum that has given birth.

To the waddling mamas, God will perfect everything that has to do with your delivery, complications free, on the day of your delivery, congratulations shall be the order of the day. Mothers and babies alive in God's name.

To the vigilante mamas, may the 4th trimester bring you more strength, may the love for your LO overcome all stress.

TTC mamas, it's 2022, and it's the year of double, may we be visited with double in all aspect of our life positively.

Mamas that yaff given birth, please drop BS ooo, some of us are here for the BS.

17 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Niyyah(f): 9:15am On Apr 30, 2022
My BS
This was an eventful pregnancy for me. I'll try to keep it as comprehensive as much as possible.
We decided to start trying for baby no 3 after our youngest 4th birthday. It took a few months before it finally happened.
My first trimester was a very calm one, I had mild nausea, vomited like 3times and I could eat the food for the whole house!!
2nd Trimester came, and at exactly 17weeks, I woke up with some nasty chicken pox rashes, I had no idea how I contracted it at all, probably at work and it wasn't what I had as a child too, so it was such a dangerous one for my baby, apparently the baby can be born with so many defects because of the virus, so I was moved from my community midwife to the consultant team at the hospital, as soon as the spots scabbed over. I started having monthly scans and extra checks just to be sure my baby wasn't affected by the virus and thankfully everything looked OK. Then at 24 weeks, I caught covid again! Kolohun shaanu! It was a very horrible cold, headache, blocked nose and every joints in my body were sore. I was so sad as I didn't know why everything was happening during the pregnancy �.
Covid done and gone, third trimester came with the pains/waddling and discomforts, then I started getting extremely thirsty, like I could drink LOTS of water in a day! I told my midwife at my next appointment and she sent me for a GTT ( glucose tolerance test) and when the result came back positive for gestational diabetes, it was as if my freedom and pregnancy was snatched away from me!! My sugar level was so high which was very bad for me/ baby as so many things could go wrong during the pregnancy/ childbirth, if my levels wasn't managed. Especially when I was told about the risk of shoulder dystocia/ stillbirth and all, it was so overwhelming.
I had an appointment with the diabetic team, where I had a chat with a dietician on my diet and food that I need to start eating, I had to cut all sugars from my diet and I was given my glucose monitor, where I had to be jabbing my fingers and be checking my sugar levels 4times a day! So my freedom to eat whatever I wanted was snatched away from me at 28weeks.
I cried so much the first time I did the finger prick as it was just too much for me. Dh went grocery shopping and I started my GD( gestational diabetes) diet the next day. At this point, I asked God for strength and put everything in his capable hands.
For weeks I was eating the same food everyday, and despite everything, my sugar levels were fluctuating so I was started on Metformin and as the pregnancy was progressing, my levels started rising again around 37weeks ish so I had no choice than to let the diabetic team know and I was started on night time Insulin at 38weeks.

After my 36weeks growth scan, induction was discussed as they were worried the baby could get too big if I reached 40weeks and there was a risk of shoulder dystocia. We agreed on me, getting induced at 40weeks exactly but to have stretch and sweep from 38weeks. The first one didn't work as my cervix was posterior and thick, so I started walking, doing more house chores and bouncing loads on my birth ball as I was hoping that could make a difference. Fortunately, when I went for my second sweep on the 28th April, my midwife was able to give me a nice sweep and contractions started few hours later. I still wasn't sure if it was the real deal starting, so I decided to manage and see if there'll be a progress. I couldn't sleep at all during the night because of how painful the contractions were, and when we woke up for Suhur( Ramadan pre dawn meal), I had to call the maternity triage unit and was asked to come in ASAP. When I got there and I was examined, the midwife said I was already 6cm! But my contractions were still irregular and sac was still intact. When the drama started, I asked for some sort of pain relief so I was given gas and air, which took an edge off the pain. It wasn't enough for me as the contractions were getting more intense, so I asked for for an epidural and before they could call the anesthesiologist, the midwife decided to check me and saw that I was fully dilated so it was too late for any epi. My sac was broken and after pushing for almost 47mins( wallahi), my prince came out, very chunky, screaming his lungs out, weighing 3.79kg! And every pain, tears, needle pricks, insulin injections, all the aches, the tears, the fears and the emotional roller coaster floated away like it never happened. I calculated it and saw that I jabbed my fingers more than 250 times during the course of my GD diagnosis, and that's minus the insulin I had to inject on my thigh every night as well. Kasha ma dupe.
Alhamdulillah Robbil ahlameen.
I wish all the waddling mamas easy and swift deliveries. May Allah Azzawajal answer all the prayers of our gtc mamas. Gbogbo wa lama Jere omo wa lagbara olohun. Aameen
Cappo@Expectantmom.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ihavethingstodo: 9:26am On Apr 30, 2022
Wow!!! @Mama Niyyah what a BS!

You really went through a lot!
Allah be praised for safe delivery!!!
Congratulations!!!!

I wish all the waddling mamas easy and swift deliveries. May Allah Azzawajal answer all the prayers of our gtc mamas. Gbogbo wa lama Jere omo wa lagbara olohun. Aameen

Amen o!

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Layormiii(f): 9:29am On Apr 30, 2022
Niyyah:
My BS
This was an eventful pregnancy for me. I'll try to keep it as comprehensive as much as possible.
We decided to start trying for baby no 3 after our youngest 4th birthday. It took a few months before it finally happened.
My first trimester was a very calm one, I had mild nausea, vomited like 3times and I could eat the food for the whole house!!
2nd Trimester came, and at exactly 17weeks, I woke up with some nasty chicken pox rashes, I had no idea how I contracted it at all, probably at work and it wasn't what I had as a child too, so it was such a dangerous one for my baby, apparently the baby can be born with so many defects because of the virus, so I was moved from my community midwife to the consultant team at the hospital, as soon as the spots scabbed over. I started having monthly scans and extra checks just to be sure my baby wasn't affected by the virus and thankfully everything looked OK. Then at 24 weeks, I caught covid again! Kolohun shaanu! It was a very horrible cold, headache, blocked nose and every joints in my body were sore. I was so sad as I didn't know why everything was happening during the pregnancy �.
Covid done and gone, third trimester came with the pains/waddling and discomforts, then I started getting extremely thirsty, like I could drink LOTS of water in a day! I told my midwife at my next appointment and she sent me for a GTT ( glucose tolerance test) and when the result came back positive for gestational diabetes, it was as if my freedom and pregnancy was snatched away from me!! My sugar level was so high which was very bad for me/ baby as so many things could go wrong during the pregnancy/ childbirth, if my levels wasn't managed. Especially when I was told about the risk of shoulder dystocia/ stillbirth and all, it was so overwhelming.
I had an appointment with the diabetic team, where I had a chat with a dietician on my diet and food that I need to start eating, I had to cut all sugars from my diet and I was given my glucose monitor, where I had to be jabbing my fingers and be checking my sugar levels 4times a day! So my freedom to eat whatever I wanted was snatched away from me at 28weeks.
I cried so much the first time I did the finger prick as it was just too much for me. Dh went grocery shopping and I started my GD( gestational diabetes) diet the next day. At this point, I asked God for strength and put everything in his capable hands.
For weeks I was eating the same food everyday, and despite everything, my sugar levels were fluctuating so I was started on Metformin and as the pregnancy was progressing, my levels started rising again around 37weeks ish so I had no choice than to let the diabetic team know and I was started on night time Insulin at 38weeks.

After my 36weeks growth scan, induction was discussed as they were worried the baby could get too big if I reached 40weeks and there was a risk of shoulder dystocia. We agreed on me, getting induced at 40weeks exactly but to have stretch and sweep from 38weeks. The first one didn't work as my cervix was posterior and thick, so I started walking, doing more house chores and bouncing loads on my birth ball as I was hoping that could make a difference. Fortunately, when I went for my second sweep on the 28th April, my midwife was able to give me a nice sweep and contractions started few hours later. I still wasn't sure if it was the real deal starting, so I decided to manage and see if there'll be a progress. I couldn't sleep at all during the night because of how painful the contractions were, and when we woke up for Suhur( Ramadan pre dawn meal), I had to call the maternity triage unit and was asked to come in ASAP. When I got there and I was examined, the midwife said I was already 6cm! But my contractions were still irregular and sac was still intact. When the drama started, I asked for some sort of pain relief so I was given gas and air, which took an edge off the pain. It wasn't enough for me as the contractions were getting more intense, so I asked for for an epidural and before they could call the anesthesiologist, the midwife decided to check me and saw that I was fully dilated so it was too late for any epi. My sac was broken and after pushing for almost 47mins( wallahi), my prince came out, very chunky, screaming his lungs out, weighing 3.79kg! And every pain, tears, needle pricks, insulin injections, all the aches, the tears, the fears and the emotional roller coaster floated away like it never happened. I calculated it and saw that I jabbed my fingers more than 250 times during the course of my GD diagnosis, and that's minus the insulin I had to inject on my thigh every night as well. Kasha ma dupe.
Cappo@Expectantmom.
wow! What a BS!
Glad it ended in praise.
May he bring lots of joy and happiness to your lives ijn.
Honestly I've not been able to control my sugar intake, God help me, I've been reading about sugar level here lately. God help me oo

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Vivi01(f): 9:30am On Apr 30, 2022
Niyyah:
BA! BA!
Alhamdulillah!!

Congratulations teamie.So this how I end up not porting to April despite my exercises ,ok o.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 9:33am On Apr 30, 2022
Niyyah:
My BS

Cappo@Expectantmom.
Amen to the prayer ma'am. Thanks to God for taking control all through, its really a testimony..

Can you please share the name and location of your hospital as it could help those in that location. They really did a good job

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Vivi01(f): 9:34am On Apr 30, 2022
Expectantmom:

You've said it all, safe delivery is what we pray for and God has done it for porters and He will do it for us all in Jesus name. There shall be no loss amongst us or our little ones.
Amen cappo

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Niyyah(f): 10:32am On Apr 30, 2022
Omakraid:

Amen to the prayer ma'am. Thanks to God for taking control all through, its really a testimony..

Can you please share the name and location of your hospital as it could help those in that location. They really did a good job

Thanks mama.

It's a local hospital here in the UK

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 10:40am On Apr 30, 2022
Niyyah:

Thanks mama.

It's a local hospital here in the UK
Oh, wow.. local ke? I thought as much though wanted to give it the benefit of doubt incase it's here in naija

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ladyrachy(f): 11:08am On Apr 30, 2022
Comanche:
B.A! B.A!! B.A!!!

AlhamdulilLah!!!

Mothers I hail o.

Congrats mama
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Expectantmom: 11:09am On Apr 30, 2022
Niyyah:
My BS

Cappo@Expectantmom.
You're a strong woman and I'm happy it all ended well. Take care of yourself mama.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by voucher(f): 11:21am On Apr 30, 2022
Please do some people spit till they deliver? I feel better now ( morning sickness isn’t much again) but I’m still spitting.. nothing seems to be working and i hate it soo much! God please it should stop as soon as i enter 2nd trimester �

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ladyrachy(f): 11:45am On Apr 30, 2022
MGeey:

Abeg leave that pregnacare and its low iron ish jor. Baby that will have hair will have.

Congratulations Niyyah. God bless you and yours.

Our expectantmom cappo, howdy? sorry i have been missing in action. Working at a 8 to 6, taking care of a 6 and 2 year old with no househelp, running a post graduate programme at NOUN and hubby only being around at weekends hmmm, i salute myself. I was hoping Dr. will book me for CS 3rd week of May but he's shifting me to last week. God has the wheel.
gringrin Me that is doing advert for pregnacare na only once I even use am for this pregnancy, as for the hair make I no lie na gene determine dat hair oo,my friend took it for her first baby see full long hair,and she is very hairy and has long ,full hair.now she haff born girl with bald half plot like her father and she still use the pregnacare so na gene matters.

12 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by omotolanibaby(f): 11:46am On Apr 30, 2022
Niyyah:
My BS

Cappo@Expectantmom.
congratulations

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ladyrachy(f): 11:47am On Apr 30, 2022
voucher:
Please do some people spit till they deliver? I feel better now ( morning sickness isn’t much again) but I’m still spitting.. nothing seems to be working and i hate it soo much! God please it should stop as soon as i enter 2nd trimester �
Some spit till they deliver but mine stopped at second trimester ma,so stay positive
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by waistbead: 12:43pm On Apr 30, 2022
Hehehehehe! God punish the devil!!

When em call you barren,and you come out with bump,rocking bum short sampling fresh succulent legs cool going for ANC..

GOD CAN NEVER BE MOCKED!

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by voucher(f): 1:13pm On Apr 30, 2022
ladyrachy:

Some spit till they deliver but mine stopped at second trimester ma,so stay positive

Thank you, i tap into this.. mine will stop soon cos it’s not funny at all
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kokaiye: 1:39pm On Apr 30, 2022
Niyyah:
My BS

Cappo@Expectantmom.
wow!!! Only u carry all dis preggy buhaha!!! U tried... Congratulations ma

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bigbird: 1:42pm On Apr 30, 2022
Hello everyone,
I was a member of this thread in 2018 and had my baby, I got pregnant again last year with my second baby but unfortunately lost my baby after birth in January this year.
The holy spirit has been ministering to me to give out everything I bought to a mother in need, so I am ready to do that but i need someone who is really in need and has not bought a single thing so i can give them all I have.
But i will need the group's help in choosing who i should give them to, i have things like car seat, dryer etc and other neccessities. Please anybody can reach out to me with the best way to choose or if there is already someone on this thread who needs it please let me know.
May you all deliver safely in Jesus name.

20 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6580) (6581) (6582) (6583) (6584) (6585) (6586) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Blissfultee and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.