Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,646 members, 7,813,172 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:10 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (6693) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8133083 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6690) (6691) (6692) (6693) (6694) (6695) (6696) ... (6955) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omobithousand(f): 6:27am On Jun 29, 2022
Please Mamas I'm always having this hot or burning feeling on my palm and feet,is there anything I can use or do cos paracetamol is not working and the feeling is bad
Please help

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by untamedd(f): 7:24am On Jun 29, 2022
Goldie50:
Yes mama! I had back cramps in my first pregnancy. Hubby was always massaging. You can try to rest more. But, if you're worried, see your gynae

Thanks sis
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by omotolanibaby(f): 8:24am On Jun 29, 2022
PAST YOUR DUE DATE? #ATGPostDatePregnancy #ATGLaborInduction
By Dr Attah Essien

One of the first things a woman wants to know from her doctor is when is her due date when she presents for Antenatal booking.
The Expected Day of Delivery (EDD) is the date often given. This date is usually calculated from a woman's last menstrual period(LMP) which is expected to be more uniform and easier to remember than extrapolating the date she actually conceived.
This EDD is important for planning delivery for both the Doctor and the expectant couple. A woman needs this date to plan for her maternity leave and put her house in order before giving birth while the Doctor needs this date to provide a guide on when best a patient should deliver.
The EDD is not an exact date but more of an estimate and infact only 20 to 30% of women actually deliver on that date.
Usually a range of two weeks before and two weeks after is the range in which 80% of women will deliver a baby that is well matured and capable of independent existence.
An early ultrasound is also important for it gives a more accurate EDD than calculating from the LMP. An ultrasound done within the 1st 5months of pregnancy gives a more accurate EDD. Hence women are currently encouraged to do an early scan for if done later this scan is less accurate due to the influence of the mother's diet, mother's weight, partner's height, gender of the baby and genetic make up which all influence the size of the baby after the first 5 months when all babies, irrespective of race and other factors all grow at the same rate.
Now when a woman passes her due date there is an initial worry about her not going into labour.
One must first ensure that the EDD is correct and this by making reference to an early scan or her LMP. If indeed she has gone beyond her date the clock starts ticking.
Once a woman goes 1 week to 10days beyond her due date the placenta starts to fail hence the nutrition to the baby starts to drop as well. And if delivery is not affected anytime after 2 weeks past the due date the baby can die in the womb.
This is a very unfortunate situation thus a pregnant woman should be delivered before she hits the 2 weeks after her due date mark when the risks to the baby start to climb significantly.
Hence when you are pass your due date there is no need to be afraid but walk up to your doctor and work out which day you will come in for delivery if labour doesn't start in time.
There is room for induction which is the medical artificial kick starting of labour. This hopes to give a woman a chance for a vaginal delivery however this process can fail hence the option of a CS should be readily available at the facility.
There is no point going for induction in a hospital or health centre where they have to call a doctor a million miles away when something goes wrong. Induction is an elective event hence all staff must be on deck to watch and monitor the woman closely to ensure she has a safe delivery.
On the flipside a woman who has had a CS previously and is planned for a Vaginal birth after a CS may not be induced if she goes past her date due to the added risk of her womb tearing open along the line of the previous CS scar.
In this situation a repeat CS is in order.
Going pass one's date shouldn't be a cause of worry with good management and a meticulous approach to care all will be well. Thank you and remain blessed.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by shiller(f): 8:32am On Jun 29, 2022
Omobithousand:
Please Mamas I'm always having this hot or burning feeling on my palm and feet,is there anything I can use or do cos paracetamol is not working and the feeling is bad
Please help
Nothing to be done,how many paracetamol u wan take,its part of the package,I do experience d hand own,I tnk dey call it capal syndrome..try nd keep ur hand nd leg straight,avoid it bending or curving sort off

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cinderellashoes(f): 8:44am On Jun 29, 2022
Omobithousand:
Please help

Sorry, I think its capal tunnel. You can just rest your hand or feet until it stops.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Stenvee: 10:35am On Jun 29, 2022
voucher:
My bump is very big for someone that will born in November.. people now call me mama Ejima,I’m sure they think i will put to bed next month Loool,.
It’s making me shy o
Is this your first teamie?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by khaleesi(f): 11:57am On Jun 29, 2022
Amakapritty:
Pls o mamas
I just want to ask of headache is part of second trimester package because I get it everyday despite being hydrated with enough rest

I also get constant and severe headaches too but I am still in my first trimester. I went to the hospital yesterday and they did test. The result says I have malaria 1+ and I was given malaria drugs. I am a bit worried if it is safe to take malaria drugs at this stage. Any experience mama on this?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by voucher(f): 2:06pm On Jun 29, 2022
Stenvee:

Is this your first teamie?

No, my third pregnancy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Stenvee: 2:26pm On Jun 29, 2022
voucher:

No, my third pregnancy
Chai, that's why grin
It's my first and I'm hardly showing. I always look like I'm overfed grin
So people don't even know if it's food or a baby cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by voucher(f): 4:29pm On Jun 29, 2022
Stenvee:

Chai, that's why grin
It's my first and I'm hardly showing. I always look like I'm overfed grin
So people don't even know if it's food or a baby cheesy

grin grin Before they know what’s happening, you will just born..

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Stenvee: 5:38pm On Jun 29, 2022
voucher:

asin ehn grin grin
Easy peasy delivery to us

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mmadimma(f): 6:15pm On Jun 29, 2022
voucher:

It's my first and I'm showing already. I'm wondering how big It will get from 7 to 9 months
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by PumpumPrince: 8:26pm On Jun 29, 2022
bimberry1307:

Honestly, it fails most of the time. Abeg, me don shred boots tey tey. No belle for this buhari period o. Na fp sure pass as per say I never start menstruate. I don't want to be caught unaware.
BTW, we're preparing for our first birthday. We're currently standing unsupported, we hope to walk before the big day. Kisses to your LO
How much please?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by voucher(f): 10:04pm On Jun 29, 2022
Mmadimma:

It's my first and I'm showing already. I'm wondering how big It will get from 7 to 9 months

It’s normal to be showing by now teamie grin
No matter how big it gets by then, we will carry it Lool
May God strengthen us all
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by StarryV(f): 1:08am On Jun 30, 2022
Today is the last day of June cheesy.
Shebi it's after June we'll see August abi? I talk am grin

June mamas no do us well with BS o. We're hungry for BS. June Cappo you've gat to query ya teamies o.

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by StarryV(f): 1:19am On Jun 30, 2022
Meanwhile I was planning to resign from my work place by the end of July when I'll commence my maternity leave following the advice of some mamas here to take off from 36weeks. Now the funny thing that happened yesterday 29/6/2022 was that I received a promotion letter o with almost double of my current salary with effect from this July that's starting tomorrow. (Promotion I've been expecting since 2019 before I got married sef and it refused to come).
Right now, ayam confused o. Don't know if to accept the new position and enjoy increased pay or to re-unite with my husband from the maternity leave and enjoy my young family. The matter tire me. I have till 1st July to accept or decline the new position.

13 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by shiller(f): 6:10am On Jun 30, 2022
StarryV:
Meanwhile I was planning to resign from my work place by the end of July when I'll commence my maternity leave following the advice of some mamas here to take off from 36weeks. Now the funny thing that happened yesterday 29/6/2022 was that I received a promotion letter o with almost double of my current salary with effect from this July that's starting tomorrow. (Promotion I've been expecting since 2019 before I got married sef and it refused to come).
Right now, ayam confused o. Don't know if to accept the new position and enjoy increased pay or to re-unite with my husband from the maternity leave and enjoy my young family. The matter tire me. I have till 1st July to accept or decline the new position.
Wow,congratulations oooo

lease don't resign ooo,you and oga should plan am well..

I wish sef I dey work before I marry,buh na student tns..

Now to see a work na war cos i have to consider my kids first

Please check well before Una decide

11 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by omotolanibaby(f): 6:42am On Jun 30, 2022
DIZZINESS IN PREGNANCY
By Dr Esther Oluwadeyi
#ATGDizziness #ATGFaintingSpell #dizzinessinpregnancy

It’s common to experience dizziness during pregnancy. Dizziness can make you feel like the room is spinning — called vertigo— or it may make you feel faint, unsteady, or weak.
You should always discuss dizziness and other symptoms with your doctor. In some cases, you may require immediate medical attention.
Read on to learn about the possible reasons for dizziness in pregnancy, and what you can do to manage this symptom.

�Dizziness in early pregnancy

Several factors may contribute to dizziness in the first trimester.

��‍♀️Changing hormones and lowering blood pressure
As soon as you become pregnant, your hormone levels change to help increase the blood flow in your body. This helps the baby develop in utero.
Increased blood flow can cause your blood pressure to change. Often, your blood pressure will drop during pregnancy, also known as hypotension or low blood pressure.
Low blood pressure can cause you to feel dizzy, especially when moving from lying down or sitting to standing.
Your doctor will check your blood pressure at your prenatal appointments to monitor your blood pressure. Generally, lower blood pressure is not a cause for concern and it will return to normal levels after pregnancy.

�Hyperemesis gravidarum
Dizziness could occur if you have extreme nausea and vomiting in your pregnancy, known as hyperemesis gravidarum. This often occurs early in pregnancy because of your changing hormone levels.
If you have this condition, you may be unable to keep down food or water, resulting in dizziness and weight loss.
To treat this condition, your doctor may:
• recommend a particular diet
• hospitalize you so you can receive extra fluids and be monitored
• prescribe a medication
You may experience relief from this condition during your second trimester or encounter symptoms throughout your pregnancy.

�Ectopic pregnancy
Dizziness can result from an ectopic pregnancy. This occurs when a fertilized egg implants itself in your reproductive system outside of the uterus. Many times, it implants in your fallopian tubes.
When this condition occurs, the pregnancy isn’t viable. You may experience dizziness as well as pain in your abdomen and vaginal bleeding. Your doctor will have to perform a procedure or prescribe a medication to remove the fertilized egg.

�Dizziness in the second trimester

Some of the reasons you experience dizziness in the first trimester may carry over to the second trimester, like low blood pressure or hyperemesis gravidarum. There are other conditions that may arise as your pregnancy progresses.

�Pressure on your uterus

You may experience dizziness if the pressure from your growing uterus presses on your blood vessels. This can occur in the second or third trimester, and is more common when the baby is large.
Lying on your back can also cause dizziness. That’s because lying on your back later in pregnancy can cause your expanding uterus to block blood flow from your lower extremities to your heart. This can cause dizziness as well as other concerning symptoms.
Sleep and rest on your side to prevent this blockage from occurring.

�Gestational diabetes

You may experience dizziness with gestational diabetes if your blood sugar gets too low. Gestational diabetes occurs when your hormones affect the way your body produces insulin.
Your doctor will likely recommend testing for gestational diabetes between weeks 24 and 28 of your pregnancy. If diagnosed with the condition, you’ll have to monitor your blood sugar regularly, and stick to a strict diet and exercise plan.

Dizziness, along with other symptoms like sweating, shakiness, and headaches, may indicate that your blood sugar is low. To boost it, you’ll need to eat a snack like a piece of fruit or a few pieces of hard candy. Check your sugar levels after several minutes to make sure they’re in the normal range.

�Dizziness in the third trimester

Many of the causes of dizziness in the first and second trimesters can cause the same symptom later in your pregnancy. It’s important that you see your doctor regularly in the third trimester to monitor potentially dangerous conditions that can cause dizziness.

Watch for signs of feeling faint to avoid falling, especially during your third trimester. Stand up slowly and reach for support to avoid lightheadedness, and make sure to sit as often as you can to avoid long periods of standing.

�Dizziness throughout pregnancy

There are some causes that may cause dizziness at any time during your pregnancy. These conditions aren’t tied to a specific trimester.

�Anemia

You may have a reduced number of healthy red blood cells from pregnancy, causing anemia. This occurs when you don’t have enough iron and folic acid in your body.

In addition to dizziness, anemia may cause you to feel tired, become pale, or feel short of breath.

You may develop anemia at any time during pregnancy. If you do, your doctor can take blood tests throughout your pregnancy to measure your iron levels and monitor the condition. They may recommend iron or folic acid supplements.

�Dehydration

Dehydration can occur at any point in your pregnancy. You may experience it in the first trimester if you’re nauseous or vomiting. You may encounter dehydration later in pregnancy because your body requires more water.

You should drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water a day in early pregnancy, and increase that amount as you add more calories to your diet, generally in the second and third trimesters. This may increase your water intake by 300 milliliters per day.

�Managing dizziness in pregnancy

There are several ways you can avoid or lessen dizziness when pregnant:

✔️Limit long periods of standing.
✔️Make sure to keep moving when you’re standing to increase circulation.
✔️Take your time getting up from sitting or lying down.
✔️Avoid lying on your back in the second and third trimester.
✔️Eat healthy food frequently to avoid low blood sugar.
✔️Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration.
✔️Wear breathable, comfortable clothing.
✔️Take supplements and medications as recommended by your doctor to treat conditions that cause dizziness.

�When to seek help

Always let your OB-GYN know about any dizziness you experience during pregnancy. That way your doctor can take necessary steps to diagnose any conditions causing the symptom.

If the dizziness is sudden or severe, or if you experience other symptoms with dizziness, seek medical help immediately.

Dr Esther Oluwadeyi
Culled from healthline.com

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Layormiii(f): 7:23am On Jun 30, 2022
StarryV:
Today is the last day of June cheesy.
Shebi it's after June we'll see August abi? I talk am grin

June mamas no do us well with BS o. We're hungry for BS. June Cappo you've gat to query ya teamies o.
some of my teamies no try true true but we mooovvee grin
Make una no worry, July people go treat una better.
How's waddling going mama
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Layormiii(f): 7:31am On Jun 30, 2022
StarryV:
chaiii.. serious dilemma.
Congratulations on the promotion mama.

Before arriving at a conclusion think of these points:
Have you saved enough money for yourself? Like personally do you have any money to fall back on ? Atleast if e bad too much u can start a small biz with it.

Is hubby staying in a place where getting work is easy? I mean the town he is living. Eg if you're moving from lag to lokoja, u know getting job there go hard small.

Is it possible to accept the offer and then go for your 3months leave at the end of July, so u use that opportunity to think we'll and weigh your options? If it's possible then I think to should try it

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kokaiye: 7:55am On Jun 30, 2022
StarryV:
i wont leave my job if i were u bcs its Nigeria we r talking about dt job no dey... Shebi dey wil give u maternity leave... Use dt plan ursef wella... Let ur mom or mom inlaw come help u wen u go bk to work or ur sister... I wont advice u gt a maid... I can nva trust those pipu but trust ur family, dey can nva harm ur baby.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Duduke: 8:20am On Jun 30, 2022
BA!!!!!!!!!
My princess arrived via elective CS on Tuesday
Edd: June 29
Dob: june 28
Mama and baby doing great
Bs coming soon!

Pls help me tag June cappo

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Chili89: 8:30am On Jun 30, 2022
Duduke:
BA!!!!!!!!!
Bs coming soon!

Congratulations to your household.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sassy256(f): 8:45am On Jun 30, 2022
StarryV:
Wow congratulations dearie, this is great news .
Please really consider if you still want to resign. You and hubby consider the financial implications very well.
If you weigh the options and Oga can carry the family for an extended period of time for you to get stronger after the birth of baby and get another job, then after your maternity leave you can resign, I'm sure you will have enough time to think about this and properly weigh it during that time.
So if I were you I will accept it now while the offer is open.
God's wisdom in your decision dear❤️

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sassy256(f): 8:46am On Jun 30, 2022
Duduke:
BA!!!!!!!!!
Bs coming soon!

Congratulations mama.
Welcome princess.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 8:59am On Jun 30, 2022
StarryV:
Congratulations mama, may you continue to go higher in all your endeavours...
I don't know what to advise on your job cos I'm typing from "my husband's house" but I believe you and hubby will make the best decision cos family is everything
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 9:00am On Jun 30, 2022
Duduke:
BA!!!!!!!!!
Bs coming soon!

Congratulations ma, God will keep him and the family
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 9:06am On Jun 30, 2022
Omobithousand:
Please help
Try putting your palms and feet in cold water maybe it will help

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dacblogger: 9:15am On Jun 30, 2022
Duduke:
BA!!!!!!!!!
Bs coming soon!

Congratulations Mama. Welcome little princess.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Layormiii(f): 11:31am On Jun 30, 2022
Duduke:
BA!!!!!!!!!
Bs coming soon!

congratulations mama. May God watch over her ijn.

June is going going going going...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Goldie50: 1:01pm On Jun 30, 2022
Present Ma! kiss

ifyonline:

My January/ New year Mamas

1. ifyonline Jan 6. Unknown
2. ABG2222. Jan 19. Unknown
3. Oluwasemiloba. Jan 25. Unknown
4. Goldie50. Jan 16th Unknown

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nirwaarun: 1:07pm On Jun 30, 2022
With the help of IVF treatment, the female who is suffering from infertility problems can achieve their dream of parenthood. Gomti Thapar is the best hope to get the treatment of IVF in Punjab, certified and professional gynecologists will provide you with effective treatments at a low treatment cost. So without any late visit and get a consultation with professionals.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6690) (6691) (6692) (6693) (6694) (6695) (6696) ... (6955) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: verize3(f) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.