Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,810 members, 7,820,836 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (6738) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8157006 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6735) (6736) (6737) (6738) (6739) (6740) (6741) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by omotolanibaby(f): 6:25pm On Aug 13, 2022
#Team semptember#just checking on you all.hope you are all good.just few more weeks to go.We shall not mourn over any of us. #team September for no loss#team September for supernatural and fast delivery#

Team September roll call
NAME.....................EDD....................SEX

1.omotolanibaby...Sept14..XY(boy)
2. Flourishing19... Sept 29....xy(boy)
3.Mr HighSea..... Port to August.B.A seen
4.1stymom... sept 2 ... XX(girl)
5.nahzyla ....sept 25... unknown
6.suzzyrims.......sept 16.... unknown
7.Ummufarrah......sept 21.... XX(girl)
8.teebee22....sept 15.... XY(boy) port to
August.B.A seen
9.ohfenrami .....sept 29.... unknown
10.heebah.……..sept 22...... XY(boy)
11.firstpregnancy.....sept 19..... XX(girl)
12.minmin2323.....sept27 .... unknown
13.fortune01...…sept6....xx(girl)
14.omobola121....sept 29 xx(girl)

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by omotolanibaby(f): 6:28pm On Aug 13, 2022
Doctor Jide , I was told I needed a membrane sweep? Pls What is Membrane sweep?
#atgsweep #atgmembranesweep

Sweeping the membranes is a way to get your labour started as you approach or get past your due date.

For the doctor or midwife to do a membrane sweep a finger is inserted through the cervix making a firm, circular, sweeping movement.

The membranes are gently peeled off the lower segment of the womb internally therefore stimulating the release of prostaglandins, which could get your labour started.

Sweeping of the membranes, also known as stripping of the membranes, is a relatively simple technique, and it can usually be performed without admission to hospital.

During vaginal examination, the clinician's finger is introduced into the cervical os.

Then, the lower part of the membranes accessed through the vagina is detached from the lower uterine segment by a circular movement of the examining finger.

This intervention has the potential to initiate labour by increasing local production of prostaglandins and, thus, reduce pregnancy duration or pre-empt formal IOL with either oxytocin, prostaglandins or amniotomy.

The benefits and the Risks are:
• No increased risk of caesarean section
• Membrane sweep reduces the duration of pregnancy
• Membrane sweep reduces the frequency of pregnancy continuing beyond 41 and 42 weeks of gestation
• No increase in the risk of maternal or neonatal infection
• Discomfort during vaginal examination and other adverse effects (bleeding, irregular contractions) are more frequently reported by women who undergo membrane sweep.

Edited and copied from RCOG, UK

By Dr. Babajide Alalade
MBBS DRCOG DFSRH RICR MPH Indiana FRSPH
Obstetrics & Gynaecology; Family, Sexual & Reproductive Health, Clinical Epidemiologist and Author
Founder, AsktheGynaecologist Group Nigeria
Co- Founder, Ogadoki Medical Group Nigeria
Jidoba Global Medical Services UK & Nigeria
babajidealalade.com
https://m.facebook.com/officiallybabajidealalade/
about.me/Alalade

#CSGSCW

Finalists for 2018 Zenith Global Health Awards, London UK

AsktheGynaecologists, OUTSTANDING TEAM

Babajide Alalade, INTERNATIONAL HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS

8 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MrHighSea: 7:02pm On Aug 13, 2022
omotolanibaby:
#
3.Mr HighSea..... sept 7... unknown
I don port to August.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by omotolanibaby(f): 7:13pm On Aug 13, 2022
MrHighSea:

I don port to August.
I saw it earlier,no wahala
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Gracemama: 8:04pm On Aug 13, 2022
Hello All, I have some neatly used baby items for sale at a giveaway price. Location : Mainland Lagos. DM for more details
Toddler toilet seat : 5k
High chair: 6k
Baby rocker: 10k
Mosquito net (New) 4*6 : 5k

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Gracemama: 8:08pm On Aug 13, 2022
Hello All, I have some neatly used baby items for sale at a giveaway price. Location : Mainland Lagos. DM for more details
Toddler toilet seat : 5k
High chair: 6k
Baby rocker: 10k
Mosquito net (New) 4*6 : 4k
Black chest drawer: 30k
White wardrobe: 50k
Baby bath : 5k
Graco play and pack : 7k

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Layormiii(f): 8:15pm On Aug 13, 2022
TOHHAN:

All the food am eating is not making me add too. Malt no work, yogurt NO, junks error, dunno wat to eat again as na carb plenty in our diet..... Mum say make I go buy Bunto, Cod liver oil and feed fine bt am being reluctant because I dunno if a breastfeeding mum can take that feed fine
I was really glad when I started loosing the pregnancy weight grin was even bragging on my WhatsApp status, snapping fine pictures.. but I don dey look my weight now with corner eye.. like broo don't u know when to stop ? I no wan over lean ooo undecided undecided undecided
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by TOHHAN(f): 11:12pm On Aug 13, 2022
Gracemama:
Toddler toilet seat : 6k
High chair: 7k
Baby rocker: 11k
Mosquito net (New) 4*6 : 5k
Does the rocker sing and swing? How much last and where in mainland. U can mail me to discuss
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by TOHHAN(f): 11:15pm On Aug 13, 2022
Layormiii:
I was really glad when I started loosing the pregnancy weight grin was even bragging on my WhatsApp status, snapping fine pictures.. but I don dey look my weight now with corner eye.. like broo don't u know when to stop ? I no wan over lean ooo undecided undecided undecided
I fat for belle and now am lean pass wen I neva gt belle, all yansh don go inside, neck con long and I don't wanna resume wit dat trait abeg make dem no think say person use 3months go do stressful work. Tell broo to stop oo abeg
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Xscape1993(m): 12:47am On Aug 14, 2022
Mamas in the house please, where can I get a good gynaecologist in Alimosho, Lagos?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Flourishing19(f): 1:30am On Aug 14, 2022
omotolanibaby:
#Team semptember#just checking on you all.hope you are all good.just few more weeks to go.We shall not mourn over any of us. #team September for no loss#team September for supernatural and fast delivery#

Team September roll call
NAME.....................EDD....................SEX

1.omotolanibaby...Sept14..XY(boy)
2. Flourishing19... Sept 29....xy(boy)
3.Mr HighSea..... sept 7... unknown
4.1stymom... sept 2 ... XX(girl)
5.nahzyla ....sept 25... unknown
6.suzzyrims.......sept 16.... unknown
7.Ummufarrah......sept 21.... XX(girl)
8.teebee22........sept 15..... XY(boy)
9.ohfenrami .....sept 29.... unknown
10.heebah.……..sept 22...... XY(boy)
11.firstpregnancy.....sept 19..... XX(girl)
12.minmin2323.....sept27 .... unknown
13.fortune01...…sept6....xx(girl)
14.omobola121....sept 29 xx(girl)
Cappo, thanks for the mention. Amen to the prayers. Indeed we are getting closer. I missed my antenatal appointment last week because I wasn't in the mood angry but I'll be there this week by God's grace.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AbleGodDidIt(f): 5:16am On Aug 14, 2022
I just dey abeg!
The Lord is our strength always!
novia22:
August Cappo/ Mama's How Far Now..
Why are we so quiet? I know the handshake don dey pass elbow but God pass them all......
How are we kicking oooo. My doctor told me to go home and expect labour after my appointment on Tuesday. It's the waiting I'm waiting like this...
God will see us through.

ROLL CALL
NAME.................................EDD....................SEX
1. Starry v. ............................21st....................xy
2. Sassy256...........................25th.....................xy
3. Dunpredictable...............22nd ...................xy
4. Pyzdan...............................23rd.................... --
5. Waistbead.........................28th...................... --
6. Exclusiveoloori................. --............................ --
7. novia22.............................13th..Team surprise
8. Dijah07............................ 30th ...Team surprise
9. Girl040...............................--...................... xx
10. Fisayomi1......................12th....P.July 20th...... xx
BA seen
11. AbleGodDidIt..................25th.......................xx
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by omotolanibaby(f): 6:42am On Aug 14, 2022
Flourishing19:

Cappo, thanks for the mention. Amen to the prayers. Indeed we are getting closer. I missed my antenatal appointment last week because I wasn't in the mood angry but I'll be there this week by God's grace.
it is well with you

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Gracemama: 6:52am On Aug 14, 2022
TOHHAN:

Does the rocker sing and swing? How much last and where in mainland. U can mail me to discuss

No, it doesn't sing or swing, just a manual rocker
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by novia22(f): 10:07am On Aug 14, 2022
B.A! B.A!! B.A!!!
I welcomed my second Princess on 13th August via VD weighing 3.4kg with tear.
Edd was 13TH too.
My BS will come later.....It wasn't easy but it was all Worth it.
August Cappo...I hail oo

39 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ogiq: 10:10am On Aug 14, 2022
novia22:
B.A! B.A!! B.A!!!
Edd was 13TH too.
August Cappo...I hail oo

Congratulations Mama
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ogiq: 10:12am On Aug 14, 2022
Goodmorning Mamas,

Please my Gynae is saying he will have to perform cervical cerclage for me because of the triplets.
We are just 10 weeks plus gone and he said it will be performed by the 13th week.

I am scared. How is it done? Does he have to cut me open?

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by omotolanibaby(f): 11:47am On Aug 14, 2022
novia22:
B.A! B.A!! B.A!!!
Edd was 13TH too.
August Cappo...I hail oo
congratulations.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by callola: 1:33pm On Aug 14, 2022
novia22:
B.A! B.A!! B.A!!! I welcomed my second Princess on 13th August via VD weighing 3.4kg with tear. Edd was 13TH too. My BS will come later.....It wasn't easy but it was all Worth it. August Cappo...I hail oo
congrats mama, and God bless our new princess
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by StarryV(f): 2:02pm On Aug 14, 2022
novia22:
B.A! B.A!! B.A!!!
Edd was 13TH too.
August Cappo...I hail oo
Novia22 don born o. Where's the dancing emoji grin
Congratulations mama. My regards to the cute princess. Ayam the next to testify cheesy cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Trippleblessing(f): 2:04pm On Aug 14, 2022
Ogiq:
Goodmorning Mamas,

Please my Gynae is saying he will have to perform cervical cerclage for me because of the triplets.
We are just 10 weeks plus gone and he said it will be performed by the 13th week.

No, the Dr won't cut you open.

Just like the name cervical cerclage is a procedure performed on the cervix so as to prevent it from ripping open prematurely as the pregnancy progress due to foetus weight or other medical condition.

It is common for a cerclage to be put in place for multiple pregnancies, this is to prevent you from loosing your babies.

If you ask me, it's a good procedure that you need, above all, pray and pray.

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AbleGodDidIt(f): 2:40pm On Aug 14, 2022
novia22:
B.A! B.A!! B.A!!!
Edd was 13TH too.
August Cappo...I hail oo
awwwnnnnn I’m soooo happy for you!!!! Congratulations momma! A big welcome to our Princess!
Oluwa I’m next in line ,,,, make this Congratulations reach me too!!!! cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cinderellashoes(f): 3:08pm On Aug 14, 2022
novia22:
B.A! B.A!! B.A!!!
Edd was 13TH too.
August Cappo...I hail oo

Congratulations mama

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Blessedmum(f): 3:19pm On Aug 14, 2022
novia22:
B.A! B.A!! B.A!!!
Edd was 13TH too.
August Cappo...I hail oo
Congrats mama, we await more good news.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dijah07: 4:52pm On Aug 14, 2022
Congratulations Mama @novia22...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Bloomingbud(f): 6:18pm On Aug 14, 2022
Ogiq:
Goodmorning Mamas,

You dont have to be scared, your Gynea is just been proactive to prevent any form of loss. It's a very simple procedure mostly done under general anaesthesia (mine was general) it does not take more than an hour and I wa discharged to go home that same day.

Happy bumping and save delivery to you.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by novia22(f): 7:03pm On Aug 14, 2022
Thanks a million my lovely Mama's ooo. My God who was with me all the way will surely stand by each and every one of you....
@StarryV.....I see you oooo....
My BS go long sha....I have started compiling it small small so pls bear with me my Able Mama's.

8 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by missviva(f): 8:45pm On Aug 14, 2022
novia22:
Thanks a million my lovely Mama's ooo. My God who was with me all the way will surely stand by each and every one of you....
My BS go long sha....I have started compiling it small small so pls bear with me my Able Mama's.

Congratulations mama ooo
God bless you and your family plenty
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by omotolanibaby(f): 8:45pm On Aug 14, 2022
novia22:
can't wait to read it,take care of the lil bundle of joy

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by missviva(f): 8:46pm On Aug 14, 2022
Ogiq:
Goodmorning Mamas,

Please it's very important ma...try to get it done ASAP
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by TOHHAN(f): 9:33pm On Aug 14, 2022
Gracemama:

No, it doesn't sing or swing, just a manual rocker
Ooooh, OK. I want the one dat sing

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ogiq: 9:39pm On Aug 14, 2022
Trippleblessing:

No, the Dr won't cut you open.

Just like the name cervical cerclage is a procedure performed on the cervix so as to prevent it from ripping open prematurely as the pregnancy progress due to foetus weight or other medical condition.

It is common for a cerclage to be put in place for multiple pregnancies, this is to prevent you from loosing your babies

If you ask me, it's a good procedure that you need, above all, pray and pray.

Thanks a lot mama. This really helps

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6735) (6736) (6737) (6738) (6739) (6740) (6741) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.