Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,694 members, 7,820,424 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (6740) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8156001 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6737) (6738) (6739) (6740) (6741) (6742) (6743) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by omotolanibaby(f): 3:40pm On Aug 16, 2022
Placenta Abruption

#placentalabruption

Placental abruption is an abnormal separation of the placenta to its attachment to the womb.

It is most likely to occur in the last trimester of pregnancy, most especially in the last few weeks before birth.

Classic/classic signs and symptoms of placental abruption include:

-Vaginal bleeding (may not be present at all times )
-Abdominal pain
-Uterine tenderness
-Back pain
-Rapid uterine contractions, often coming one right after another

The vaginal bleeding noticed by women with ongoing placental abruption varies , in most cases the bleeding is hidden (trapped) behind the placenta and it may not be visible.

Abdominal pain and back pain often begin suddenly.

In clinical practice, placental abruption develops slowly.

In such situations patients could notice light, intermittent vaginal bleeding.

When to see a doctor if you suspect placental abruption:

*** placental abruption is an emergency. If you experience any classic signs or symptoms of placental abruption which includes: Vaginal bleeding, Abdominal pain, Severe back pain and it Rapid uterine contractions; please see a gynaecologist ASAP. This is an emergency.

***No one knows the specific cause of placental abruption, but certain tell tale signs in a woman past and present antenatal or obstetrics history could point to a likelihood or increased chances of developing placental abruption.

Possible causes include abdominal trauma or direct injury to the abdomen — from an auto accident or fall.

Also any situation which causes a rapid gush of amniotic fluid from the womb could lead suddenly negative pressure and could potent mails cause abruption; for example, during spontaneous rupture of membranes or lack of controlled rupture of membranes ( during induction of labour : IOL).

*NB: rupture of membranes for IOL is safe when done appropriately. I am not saying you should not have IOL if indicated, I am only saying that the doctor would pay attention when this is done to reduce the risk of abruption.

Past and present antenatal or obstetrics history which could indicate possibility of increase risk of placental abruption, includes;

* Previous placental abruption. If you've experienced placental abruption before, you're at higher risk of it happening again. With 1 previous abruption this increases the risk to 4.4% risk of it happening again in the next pregnancy and if you had 2 previous pregnancies complicated by abruption : 19-25% risk of it happening again.

* High blood pressure. High blood pressure — whether chronic or as a result of pregnancy — increases the risk of placental abruption.
* Abdominal trauma. Trauma to your abdomen — such as from a fall or other type of blow to the abdomen — makes placental abruption more likely.
* Substance abuse. Placental abruption is more common in women who smoke or use cocaine during pregnancy.
* Premature rupture of the membranes.During pregnancy, the baby is surrounded and cushioned by a fluid-filled membrane called the amniotic sac. The risk of placental abruption increases if the sac leaks or breaks before labor begins.
* Blood-clotting disorders. Any condition that impairs your blood's ability to clot increases the risk of placental abruption.
* Multiple pregnancy. If you're carrying more than one baby, the delivery of the first baby can cause changes in the uterus that trigger placental abruption before the other baby or babies are delivered.
* Maternal age. Placental abruption is more common in older women, especially after age 40.

Complications

Placental abruption can cause life-threatening problems for both mother and baby.

For the mother, placental abruption can lead to:
* Shock due to blood loss
* Blood clotting problems (disseminated intravascular coagulation)
* The need for a blood transfusion
* Failure of the kidneys or other organs

For the baby, placental abruption can lead to:
* Deprivation of oxygen and nutrients
* Premature birth
* Stillbirth/death of the unborn child.

After the baby is born, bleeding from the site of the placental attachment is likely.
In the rare instance that the bleeding can't be controlled, emergency removal of the uterus (hysterectomy) might be considered and needed.
Tests and diagnosis

On suspicion of placental abruption you doctor would do a physical exam to check for uterine tenderness or rigidity,

do a vaginal examination to assess the volume to blood loss and or any other sites of vaginal bleeding.

Requests for blood tests ;like cloying profile,

Do an ultrasound, to monitor the unborn baby.

Treatments and drugs

When placental separation occurs clearly it not possible to reattach it.

Treatment options for placental abruption depend on the circumstances:
* The baby isn't close to full term. If the abruption seems mild, your baby's heart rate is normal and it's too soon for the baby to be born — generally before 34 weeks of pregnancy — you might be hospitalized for close monitoring. If the bleeding stops and your baby's condition is stable, you might be able to rest at home. In some cases, you might be given medication to help your baby's lungs mature, in case early delivery becomes necessary.
* The baby is close to full term. If your baby is almost full term — generally after 34 weeks of pregnancy — and the placental abruption seems minimal, a closely monitored vaginal delivery might be possible. If the abruption progresses or jeopardizes your health or your baby's health, you'll need an immediate delivery — usually by C-section. If you experience severe bleeding, you might need a blood transfusion.

Prevention
Placental abruption can not be prevented directly , however the risks could be significantly reduced.

As we have discussed above there are certain risk factors that make placental abruption more likely.

For example, clearly you would be advised not to smoke or use illegal drugs, such as cocaine.

Ensure you are appropriately treated when you have high blood pressure.

Following direct trauma to the abdomen following an auto accident, fall or other injury for example, should prompt urgent review due to the increased risk of placental abruption and other complications.

If you've had a placental abruption and are planning another pregnancy, talk to your health care provider to see if there are any ways you might be able to reduce the risk of another abruption before conceiving again.

Also expect (and if necessary request for) your health care provider to carefully monitor your condition throughout the pregnancy.

Edited by Dr B A Alalade
MB BS Lagos, DRCOG, DFSRH, MPH Indiana, FRSPH (UK), RICR
©Mayo Clinics, USA

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pweetiebabe(f): 3:44pm On Aug 16, 2022
Mmadimma:

Hi teamie. We are fine though I'm having some kind of pain around my navel. I havent gotten anything oo
Please, can experienced mums help us with brand of oil, lotion, diapers e.t.c
Sorry Abt d pain love, for brand of diapers I think I will be going for kisskid while I will be using jimpo Ori as body cream, black soap (Ghana soap).... Coconut oil as hair oil

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by HopefulBee: 4:37pm On Aug 16, 2022
Pweetiebabe:
Congratulations to Team August mama wey don offload welcome to the sweetest 4th trimester....

Team November mama how body? Hope our babies are turning and kicking well cos dis my small dey do acrobatics steady for here. Abeg let's try and complete our shopping soon so that we can have time to relax well before d D-Day

My body no be my own again jare. I feel so heavy and can hardly carry myself, I still go to work grudgingly, although na sleep i dey go sleep for there. How are you too? Thanks for the steady check up. It will end in praise for us all.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Gracemama: 4:47pm On Aug 16, 2022
Blessedmum:

Is the rocker still available?
Yes, pls send a dm
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ladyrachy(f): 5:00pm On Aug 16, 2022
Pweetiebabe:
Sorry Abt d pain love, for brand of diapers I think I will be going for kisskid while I will be using jimpo Ori as body cream, black soap (Ghana soap).... Coconut oil as hair oil
I second ur opinion mama,I use jimpo ori cream ,kisskids diapers,kernel oil and Ghana soap my baby no get rash,no peeling of skin and she's glowing. She only sweat on her fore head when sucking breast so we don't apply jimpo cream on her face to prevent rashes.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ladyrachy(f): 5:06pm On Aug 16, 2022
July mamas how the fourth trimester, tooth ache is disturbing me babdly and baby no send me still sucking boobs like her dad. How far diaper change I av used 100pcs+ and she's not one month yet. May God make provision for us all taking care of a newborn needs no be beans. I was changing one diaper put a new one and she just shoot out poo on it again I kukuma no wear her anything hmm I regretted it the poo she download next ehn full everywhere like egusi soup. I swear say I no go leave her bum like DAT againgrin

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Tgirltemmy(f): 5:31pm On Aug 16, 2022
Good evening mamas,

Please is pelvimetry x-ray important? What I'm reading online doesn't seems good.

I was at the clinic today and the doctor said I should carry out pelvimetry x-ray.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Brownsmoothie: 8:03pm On Aug 16, 2022
[quote author=Pweetiebabe post=115751520]Congratulations to Team August mama wey don offload welcome to the sweetest 4th trimester....

Team November mama how body? Hope our babies are turning and kicking well cos dis my small dey do acrobatics steady for here. Abeg let's try and complete our shopping soon so that we can have time to relax well before d D-Day

Thanks Cappo baby is doing acrobatics here too,back ache and leg cramps showing me shege..we are getting there
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ladyrachy(f): 8:55pm On Aug 16, 2022
Tgirltemmy:
Good evening mamas,

Please is pelvimetry x-ray important? What I'm reading online doesn't seems good.

I was at the clinic today and the doctor said I should carry out pelvimetry x-ray.
Its important if ure a first time mom,the pelvimeitry is to check if ur pelvis is wide enough for ur baby to pass thru. Some do xray,odas do clinical pelvimetry where the doc uses his fingers to measure the width. Xray is okay,not painful just like taking a snap shot of ur waist and hip area

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Brownsmoothie: 9:14pm On Aug 16, 2022
Mamas please how many doses of Fansidar are we suppose to take in total,I have taken 2 does and Doctor still gave me the 3rd dose today
And I remember taking 2 doses in my previous pregnancy. Please is it 2 or 3 doses cos I have not taken it and google is not even confusing me.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nahzyla: 9:50pm On Aug 16, 2022
StarryV:
I see you too Mama. I'm not so happy right now. I took two weeks sick leave from work hoping my baby will come before the expiration of the leave so I can apply for my maternity leave immediately as my company doesn't grant maternity leave till after delivery. Now the sick leave I applied is expiring today and no sign of labour yet. This is so annoying. I can't afford to travel back to resume work at 39wks+.
I don't even know what to do right now. Mtcheeeew. If this baby can just come today sad sad

Can't you just go ahead and take the maternity leave like that? At most it will take off two weeks from the three months actual maternity leave, better than the stress of traveling back.
Just suggesting though, I am not sure how it works.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by omotolanibaby(f): 9:51pm On Aug 16, 2022
Brownsmoothie:
Mamas please how many doses of Fansidar are we suppose to take in total,I have taken 2 does and Doctor still gave me the 3rd dose today
And I remember taking 2 doses in my previous pregnancy. Please is it 2 or 3 doses cos I have not taken it and google is not even confusing me.
It depend on the hospital procedure,for my first pregnancy,I only took 2 dose in total.one in second semester and the other third.but with my current pregnant using a different hospital ,am on the fourth dose of fasidar.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Brownsmoothie: 10:06pm On Aug 16, 2022
omotolanibaby:
It depend on the hospital procedure,for my first I only took 2 dose in total.one in second semester and the other third.but with my current pregnant am on the fourth dose of fasidar.

Wow hearing of 4th Dose for the first time...thanks mama
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Bobbyunitedfc(m): 10:55pm On Aug 16, 2022
blueandbirds:
Where is your location? And what’s your number

Abule egba ,08063470148
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by StarryV(f): 11:53pm On Aug 16, 2022
nahzyla:

Can't you just go ahead and take the maternity leave like that? At most it will take off two weeks from the three months actual maternity leave, better than the stress of traveling back.
Just suggesting though, I am not sure how it works.
it appears that's the only option I have now. I've sha mailed my Manager, I'm still waiting for his response/approval to commence. Can't kill myself abeg.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by novia22(f): 2:20am On Aug 17, 2022
BS BS BS
I remember coming here to rant about imaginary contractions a few days earlier not knowing my journey to delivery had started.
Fast forward to 12th Aug...2:15am...I started having those contractions again but this time, they were just below my tummy but no intense. Slept off and woke up by 5am, took my bath, reconfirmed my hospital stuff then woke my little daughter by 6am to take her bath so I could send her to my Sis in-laws house to allow me focus on the task ahead. Woke DH by 7am to let him know I had started contracting but at highly random intervals. Omo the guy went and showered oooo dressed up and came to sit Infront of me. I told him Oga pls just go about your day, I will let you know when it's time to go to the hospital. Oga cancelled all appointments for the day and didn't step an inch. By 9.am, all contractions had stopped so I decided to cook something so there could be food at home if nothing. While rounding up, contractions started again.....20mins interval...I could endure the pain so I stayed back at home cos I didn't want to go to the hospital and spend the whole day there.
8pm...contractions were at 5 mins interval and the pain was growing. Hubby insisted we go so we left. The hospital is about 4mins drive from my house so we got there in no time. I went into the labour ward, was checked and I was 5cm dilated and progressing fine. I was moved to Postnatal ward cos it was empty so I occupied the whole ward. Was told I will be checked again by 2am.
I started having very strong contractions back to back around past 12. Called the nurse and she said we should wait till 2am. The contractions became extremely painful for me to even think...I kept praying and calling on God to help me..by 1:57am, 13th August, I got the strong urge to poo, Hubby's cousin who was with me And I ran to the labour ward. My sight was blur and I could barely walk or see where I was going cos I was in so much pain but somehow I dashed into the labour ward screaming "The baby is coming, I want to Poo, I want to push"...the Nurse said I shouldn't cos I needed to be checked, only for her to put her fingers in and she was touching my baby's head. Then she asked me to push, I pushed. 1st push crowned the babys head then the second push brought the whole body out.

Then the battle for me started. The placenta refused to detach itself from the uterus. The nurse tried and tried, she asked me to cough, I coughed till my lips and throat were dry yet nothing. 30mins after, the placenta wasnt out. The nurse kept trying and trying, to no avail. My baby was totally fine so why would the placenta refuse to detach? I saw fear In the nurses eyes and that of my husband's cousin. I refused to be scared ooo. I told Hubby's Cous to get my phone and play Too Faithful To Fail by Moses Bliss...then I closed my eyes and begged God to show himself at that moment. I reminded him that He can't leave me halfway and I was nothing without Him.
Guys ...God showed up for me and 15mins later, the placenta came out. I kept saying Thank you Jesus, thank you Jesus! Then I was told I had a tear and the doctor was to do the stitching. I wondered why a nurse or midwife couldn't just stitch me up since it was a small tear( cos for my 1st daughter, I had an episiotomy and was stitched up by a nurse not a doctor).

The doctor who stitched me up said the nurses made a big mistake by leaving me for too long hence an inward and outward tear that almost got to my cervix...meaning I was fully dilated far before the 2am.
I was just looking at two of them like " shey both of you are mad ni" these are the same people I came to call that i needed to be checked but they refused to check me cos laziness will not allow them to be great.
Mama's pls, if your mind tells you to do something sometimes, pls obey. If I hadn't gotten up and rushed to the labour ward myself, I don't know what my fate or that of my child would have been.
When they finished arguing, they cleaned me up. I jejely came down from that their bed abi stretcher.
They were now forming caring oo..."Can you walk? Are you dizzy?" Do you need help?
I shook my head and asked to see my LO who had already been moved to the side of my bed waiting for me...
The sight of her made me almost forget everything I went through in the past hours..

Last last, I'm happy to say, I came, I saw, I conquered and I wish all bumpy Mama's a successfully delivery...

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cinderellashoes(f): 4:23am On Aug 17, 2022
Congratulations mama Novia22 and other August mamas that have put to bed.

October Mamas, how are you all doing?

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by novia22(f): 7:28am On Aug 17, 2022
Thanks a million dear and thank you for all the kind wishes from Our other Able Mama's..
God bless you all.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Tgirltemmy(f): 7:52am On Aug 17, 2022
Congratulations mama
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Tgirltemmy(f): 7:53am On Aug 17, 2022
ladyrachy:

Its important if ure a first time mom,the pelvimeitry is to check if ur pelvis is wide enough for ur baby to pass thru. Some do xray,odas do clinical pelvimetry where the doc uses his fingers to measure the width. Xray is okay,not painful just like taking a snap shot of ur waist and hip area

Thank you ma.

However, I read online and some past comment that the radiation from the scan is not good for the baby.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pweetiebabe(f): 8:32am On Aug 17, 2022
ladyrachy:

I second ur opinion mama,I use jimpo ori cream ,kisskids diapers,kernel oil and Ghana soap my baby no get rash,no peeling of skin and she's glowing. She only sweat on her fore head when sucking breast so we don't apply jimpo cream on her face to prevent rashes.
Mama u see that Ghana soap ehn na wonder especially if u mix it with coconut water just forget anything called Ela....While I started using jimpo Ori for my baby girl few months back and I love it on her body so baby is definitely using it too
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Tgirltemmy(f): 8:49am On Aug 17, 2022
Pweetiebabe:
Mama u see that Ghana soap ehn na wonder especially if u mix it with coconut water just forget anything called Ela....While I started using jimpo Ori for my baby girl few months back and I love it on her body so baby is definitely using it too

I bought the Jimpo Ori kit and it comes with the soap. Is the soap good or should I just get the Ghana soap?

For the Ghana soap, is it the raw one, I meant not the mixed one
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ladyrachy(f): 8:57am On Aug 17, 2022
Tgirltemmy:

Thank you ma.

However, I read online and some past comment that the radiation from the scan is not good for the baby.
Yes its true that's why its only done once for all pregnancy u carry. And it's done at a certain week in ur third trimester of ur pregnancy. Av worked in a diagnostic lab where xray was done BT I can't remember wat week exactly so as to prevent radiation from disturbing the baby. If u do it now u won't do it again even if u born six kids grin. BT the clinical method hmm imagine four fingers in ur vjay. That's wat my doc used and it wasn't funny I wud av preferred the xray stuff sha. Just make sure its done at the week ur doc said since he knows best, all the best ma

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ladyrachy(f): 8:58am On Aug 17, 2022
Pweetiebabe:
I use my Ghana soap with original honey,I must say it's very good better than some of these fancy soap for babies
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pweetiebabe(f): 9:38am On Aug 17, 2022
ladyrachy:

I use my Ghana soap with original honey,I must say it's very good better than some of these fancy soap for babies
Yes o is use d mix it with original honey and coconut water den store in air tight container
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pweetiebabe(f): 9:49am On Aug 17, 2022
Tgirltemmy:

I bought the Jimpo Ori kit and it comes with the soap. Is the soap good or should I just get the Ghana soap?

For the Ghana soap, is it the raw one, I meant not the mixed one
Mama have not use jimpo Ori soap before but I think it's a black soap so hopefully it should be good since d cream is good....For d soap yes I normally buy d raw ones den mix it with honey and coconut water myself
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Tgirltemmy(f): 10:22am On Aug 17, 2022
ladyrachy:

Yes its true that's why its only done once for all pregnancy u carry. And it's done at a certain week in ur third trimester of ur pregnancy. Av worked in a diagnostic lab where xray was done BT I can't remember wat week exactly so as to prevent radiation from disturbing the baby. If u do it now u won't do it again even if u born six kids grin. BT the clinical method hmm imagine four fingers in ur vjay. That's wat my doc used and it wasn't funny I wud av preferred the xray stuff sha. Just make sure its done at the week ur doc said since he knows best, all the best ma

Thanks for the clear explanation.

According to LMP I'm at 32 weeks but scan says 36 weeks. I'm not cool with the clinical method at all.

I will see the doctor today to discuss my concerns
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sweetlady4real(f): 11:03am On Aug 17, 2022
Good day belleful mamas, how is pushing? Our vigilante mamas too, how far smiley.

Just to remind you that first grade UK wears for your babies from newborn to 10.

Bodysuits, Sleepsuits, Rompers, Socks, Shawls, Mittens, Popsocks, Trousers, Dresses etc are all available at very affordable prices. You don't need to break the bank for your babies to look good.

Trendy, Quality, Stylish UK Thrift Wears you'll love. I'm based in Lagos but do delivery all over Nigeria. You can reach me on Watsapp through 0 7 0 I 2 7 2 9 3 1 3. My IG handle is @remkiddiesthrift.

There is a special discount for mamas from this thread because you are special smiley Thank you an God bless you and yours greatly, Amen.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Layormiii(f): 11:30am On Aug 17, 2022
I dey purge , my baby dey purge the more, almost after eating. My stomach dey make noise, my baby own makes hella noise cry undecided we are both using flagyl cry
They didn't give him his immunization. They say until his purging stop cry
Honestly I don't even know what I ate, if it's the beans I ate since Sunday e suppose don work finish nah.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by TOHHAN(f): 12:17pm On Aug 17, 2022
Good afternoon mama, pls I have a serious challenge and dunno if anyone here might have had the experience before.

While I was pregnant, my bp has never been high even when my leg was swollen, the bp neva enter 120 bt 2 weeks after I gave birth it increase to 132/60 which the hospital gave me a drug(dopatab) to regulate it bt I didn't finish it because my mum said it's not gud for it to b too low. I went to check again today because am having slight headache and arm pain bt surprisingly it's seeing 142/97.
What could be the cause of high bp after delivery pls and wat else can I do to bring it back to normal, am seriously confuse and tired of all dis 1thing after d oda showing up after delivery

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Trippleblessing(f): 12:29pm On Aug 17, 2022
TOHHAN:
Good afternoon mama, pls I have a serious challenge and dunno if anyone here might have had the experience before.

While I was pregnant, my bp has never been high even when my leg was swollen, the bp neva enter 120 bt 2 weeks after I gave birth it increase to 132/60 which the hospital gave me a drug(dopatab) to regulate it bt I didn't finish it because my mum said it's not gud for it to b too low. I went to check again today because am having slight headache and arm pain bt surprisingly it's seeing 142/97.
What could be the cause of high bp after delivery pls and wat else can I do to bring it back to normal, am seriously confuse and tired of all dis 1thing after d oda showing up after delivery

HBP drugs should not be stop totally, you usually wean yourself off it gradually, stopping it at once could trigger your numbers to go higher.

Please go back to your health care provider, and please do not joke with the arm pain, whatever you are doing please take it easy.

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ladyrachy(f): 12:58pm On Aug 17, 2022
TOHHAN:

A lady that gave birth same month with me had same high bp stuff even me too mine was fluctuating with swollen legs which I developed after delivery. I discovered the stress of vigilante is affecting us very well even now headache is worrying me didn't sleep from 11pm till 6am cos of baby. I was asked at the clinic if am sleeping well I said no,I just try to relax when I can. Just visit ur clinic and try to take enough water and rest well

(1) (2) (3) ... (6737) (6738) (6739) (6740) (6741) (6742) (6743) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.