Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,755 members, 7,809,900 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:52 PM

The "genotype Status" Thing In Relationships - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The "genotype Status" Thing In Relationships (2193 Views)

Reasons Why Ladies Like Sex But Pretend They Hate It In Relationships / Reasons Why Many Guys Insist On Getting Into Ladies' Pants In Relationships / Women Are Not Always The Problem In Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The "genotype Status" Thing In Relationships by folushola(f): 5:52pm On Oct 26, 2007
My friend is 'AS', he had been telling his girlfriend to go for genotype test to be sure everything was on track, sadly, she had the test and it turned out that she is 'AS' too, both of them are a bit confused about what next to do.

What do you guys think?
Re: The "genotype Status" Thing In Relationships by Bay1970(m): 6:08pm On Oct 28, 2007
I am AS and my wife is AS too, we knew because we got married. It is so wrong to bring a SS baby into this world, the pain, emotional upset and the ups and downs in it, is too much to deal with. If they are planning on marriage, it can be done. Each time they get Pregnant, they can check the baby at 10-12wks through CVS or Amio. Though, I stay in Los Angeles, where the health system is very good, but a friend of mine in Lagos is AS and his wife too. They have a daughter and she is AS, they did CVS in Lagos, and the doctor did a good job.

I have two Kids, they are AA!!!!!!!!! God is wonderful, each time we did the CVS thing.

My story shows genotype should never stop love, marriage and relationship.
Anybody who is interested in the CVS or Amio should contact me, I hv a lot of write-up on it.

The negative part of it, is that if the baby come out SS after CVS or Amio, you must abort the baby @ 14wks the result takes 2wks to come out post CVS.

1 Like

Re: The "genotype Status" Thing In Relationships by Jezzy(f): 7:13pm On Oct 28, 2007
Personally,I think this is a very important decision for any couple.If they go into a relationship now they know what they are,are they going to be willing to confront the issues that this will bring up in their marriage?If you have seen those afflicted with the sickle disease and seen what they go through in their crises,you would have second thoughts about bringing one into the world.Are they willing to abort a baby instead of bringing it into the world to be sick?
This couple have two choices,they can break up now or they can get married and resort to aborting their babies if the tests reveal that they are SS or hope that they receive a miracle.Either way,there's going to some heartbreak involved.
Re: The "genotype Status" Thing In Relationships by olskul(m): 3:44pm On Nov 05, 2007
@Bay1970
My story shows genotype should never stop love, marriage and relationship.
Anybody who is interested in the CVS or Amio should contact me, I hv a lot of write-up on it.

I thinks i'm interested. would like to know much about the CVS or Amio thing smiley
Re: The "genotype Status" Thing In Relationships by Joey82(m): 4:18pm On Nov 05, 2007
even though we expect love to conquer all, its not advisable for two carriers to marry themselves knowing fully well that there's a possibility of bringing in a sickler.

I know what these sicklers go through and since some end up dying, its as bad as never having a child in d first place.
Re: The "genotype Status" Thing In Relationships by NikkyU: 3:37pm On Dec 13, 2012
@Bay 1970! Kindly send me the write-up you have on CVS and etc!! Do you know exactly where your friend did their CVS and price ?

Thanks!!
Re: The "genotype Status" Thing In Relationships by Nobody: 7:15pm On Dec 13, 2012
it solely depends on the couples, if they can go with the conditions, they can go ahead, but is not my advice for them to get married. have seen couples with AS getting married, but can not produce children for fear of having a sickle cell child. it is very difficult to say goodbyes, but they should do it for the sakes of their unborn children cool
Re: The "genotype Status" Thing In Relationships by Nobody: 8:06pm On Dec 13, 2012
~vicky~:
it solely depends on the couples, if they can go with the conditions, they can go ahead, but is not my advice for them to get married. have seen couples with AS getting married, but can not produce children for fear of having a sickle cell child. it is very difficult to say goodbyes, but they should do it for the sakes of their unborn children cool
Same here...
Re: The "genotype Status" Thing In Relationships by confy35(f): 4:05pm On Dec 30, 2012
cry@bay, hw do I get ur number inorder to direct me where they do cvs or amino, I'm in trouble now. Thank u and God bless.
Re: The "genotype Status" Thing In Relationships by trimandtrendy(f): 5:42pm On Dec 30, 2012
not advisable, honestly. the emotional traauma the kids have to face and the financial burden on the parents isnt worth it at all. please.

(1) (Reply)

Womanizer This Is Road To Hell Bacareful. / Does A Guy Have To Be On Bended Knees While He Proposes To His Girlfriend? / Installing Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.