Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

Yellow Fever: South Africa Apologizes Over Deportation - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yellow Fever: South Africa Apologizes Over Deportation (26933 Views)

Fashola Apologizes Over Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos State / Nigeria Warns Kenya Over Deportation Of Official / South Africa Apologizes To Nigeria Over Deportation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yellow Fever: South Africa Apologizes Over Deportation by dayokanu(m): 6:12pm On Mar 08, 2012
Good one
Re: Yellow Fever: South Africa Apologizes Over Deportation by Nobody: 6:15pm On Mar 08, 2012
@Mzekezeke

go get ur HIV grant and stop talking Poo
Re: Yellow Fever: South Africa Apologizes Over Deportation by otokx(m): 6:18pm On Mar 08, 2012
so is this how the drama ended?
Re: Yellow Fever: South Africa Apologizes Over Deportation by teskyg: 6:22pm On Mar 08, 2012
@Mr.Globe,we don't care what you think.This administration has done a good job the second time.The first one was the Arik Air and British Authority issue.Nive move GEJ.They blinks first.This has too proove that we are still the gaint of Africa.
Re: Yellow Fever: South Africa Apologizes Over Deportation by TomFord: 6:25pm On Mar 08, 2012
wesley80:

The best part of this entire episode is reading the reaction of ordinary South Africans to this apology, so refreshingly funny.

www.sowetanlive.co.za/news/2012/03/08/south-africa-apologises-to-nigeria?filter=all_comments#

I haven't read half of that page and you can tell there's so much hate
Re: Yellow Fever: South Africa Apologizes Over Deportation by Nobody: 6:26pm On Mar 08, 2012
am suprised that some citizens of that Republic of HIV/AIDS have the guts to post silly comments here, they should be careful because if we react to their comments, their minister of communication will apologize too.  UP NAIJA
Re: Yellow Fever: South Africa Apologizes Over Deportation by volcanoash(f): 6:29pm On Mar 08, 2012
Apology not accepted! Not until Zuma comes to Abuja in person to apologize to the whole nation then we know they are serious.
Re: Yellow Fever: South Africa Apologizes Over Deportation by noblegas2(m): 6:39pm On Mar 08, 2012
The Immigration officers at the O.R Tambo Airport are big jokes! people with HIV are avoiding people with Unconfirmed yellow fever, looooooooool
Re: Yellow Fever: South Africa Apologizes Over Deportation by cedrick: 6:40pm On Mar 08, 2012
@Mzekezeke
see ur english the " nigerian  is corrupt" when the subject is  plural i wonder what kinda things u guys churn outa ur universities-AIDS peddlers
Re: Yellow Fever: South Africa Apologizes Over Deportation by Nobody: 6:53pm On Mar 08, 2012
going by the status quo, no country in the world should allow southafricans into their country without a proper check up for this deadly virus they distribute. i mean this issue should be discussed in the next ecowas and AU summits. bunch of ungrateful xenophobic animals.
Re: Yellow Fever: South Africa Apologizes Over Deportation by Sike(m): 6:59pm On Mar 08, 2012
Oga na Master!
Re: Yellow Fever: South Africa Apologizes Over Deportation by Sameee1uZ: 7:04pm On Mar 08, 2012
EGO!!!! At the end of the day it all come down to EGO and that's what what MOST Nigerians have. Apolozing does not mean you are weak. It simply means you are matured enough to say "I'M SORRY."Kudos to South Africa for the apology. Now what NEXT? Will the gov't put a stop to what is going on in Nigeria currently. Even with in Nigeria their is discrimination. I hope they do the same to the U.K US etc. because Nigerians are being deported on a daily basis from these countries. Or is it because it's an African country or a governor was deported that's the reason the government chose to take action? In order to see the problems on the wall put this EGOtistical attitude aside and eat a humble pie and i mean LOTS of it. YES, what South Africa did was wrong considering we all being Africans but we should also remember the same thingwas done to GHANA. Africans need to learn to get along with one another if the people and continent is to move foeward.
Re: Yellow Fever: South Africa Apologizes Over Deportation by Nobody: 7:04pm On Mar 08, 2012
Sukamania
I notice that a lot people have reacted/are reacting to this issue from a position of ignorance and lots of emotions. There are certain important questions that need to be raised.

1. One of the valid requirements to obtain an SA visa is a yellow card showing evidence of Yellow Fever immunization. How could the SA High Commission in Nigeria issue visas to people with "fake" yellow cards?

2. What were the convincing evidence that the Yellow Cards were all fake? How can 125 people all have fake yellow cards?

3. International protocol in diplomacy requires that when u have such an issue involving large number of people from a certain country, you are expected to, at least, inform the Govt of that country through their Ambassador. SA completely ignored a basic rule of diplomacy.

4. A Nigerian Senator, which is an equivalent of a US Senator, was involved in this shameful deportation. A Senator typically travels with a Diplomatic passport and deserves all the due protocols accorded a foreign dignitary. How can SA embarrass a Nigerian Senator? Can that same treatment be given to a US Senator?

5. Why didn't the SA Govt./Immigration quarantine the people for a few hours, give them Yellow Fever immunization and charge them for it?

6. Is Yellow Fever worst than HIV? SA has one of the worst HIV records in the world and yet lots of SA people still travel to Nigeria daily.

7. Couldn't this have been handled more decently than resorting to provocative deportation?

I am a Nigerian, I live in Nigeria and I have a very decent job in Nigeria. I have travelled round the world and can't imagine travelling to SA. I have heard horrible things that happen to ordinary Nigerians that come there - armed robbery incidents and how Immigration officials collude with thieves to rob Nigerians in their hotel rooms and all that. Every country has it's own challenges, Nigeria may not be at its best now, doesn't mean u should maltreat Nigerians in your country. There are thousands of SA people living and working here.

Nigerian media this morning reports that Nigerian Govt. has given some conditions for this face-off to be resolved:
1. An official Apology from SA govt.
2. The Immigration officials who were responsible for this incident must be punished.
3. The costs (expenses) incured by the Nigerian travellers must be paid by SA govt.
4. A commitment that such incident must never happen again.

The real truth is that SA is what it is today because Nigeria paid the big price to liberate SA. Nigeria commanded huge influenced in global fora and galvanised African voices against apartheid to liberate SA. Most of the people making these comments never really experienced Apartheid - ask your fathers/mothers. Every generation of SA people should be greatful to Nigeria and Africa for the sacrifices paid in human and financial resources - Habouring ur people, training them, giving scholarships, etc. The least Nigeria expect from you is gratitude and respect rather than provocation.

@Sukamania, Good points
Re: Yellow Fever: South Africa Apologizes Over Deportation by forkadict(m): 7:37pm On Mar 08, 2012
I still do not get what exactly is making you naija guys delirious. Do you guys imagine that your leaders give a fork about you all? The only reason i repeat, the only reason why naija government took those steps was because a sinator was among the deportees.The story would have been very different had the sinator not been among the deportees. So i ask yall wetin dey sweet una belle? Mtscheeeew

@ South african govt. I have accepted your apology but make sure that this crap doesn't repeat itself. Do i make myself clear?
Re: Yellow Fever: South Africa Apologizes Over Deportation by Tropilo(m): 7:40pm On Mar 08, 2012
Where's chineloSA? Ur fon don fall inside latrine? Hahahehe!
Re: Yellow Fever: South Africa Apologizes Over Deportation by miky(m): 7:50pm On Mar 08, 2012
Mr. Globe:

Am particularly not interested in this whole faceoff thingy. The only reason it took this dimension is because one of the thieves - a senator was involved. Now the govt is acting like they care for its citizens. Is this the first time Nigerians has been wrongly deported from a country and no news? South Africa had the audacity to do this because they have been succeeding in doing so before. You guys should not always be easily decieved.

so whats the point?? well from today they will think twice before doing such callous things, and ooh this is not the first time a nigerian minister has been deported if u need a news link i can supply.
Re: Yellow Fever: South Africa Apologizes Over Deportation by Weselion1(m): 7:54pm On Mar 08, 2012
I no blame them ni.
Re: Yellow Fever: South Africa Apologizes Over Deportation by dapz: 8:02pm On Mar 08, 2012
Nigerians must move forward, corruption or no corruption.
Re: Yellow Fever: South Africa Apologizes Over Deportation by Jerros213(m): 8:29pm On Mar 08, 2012
I just gbadun dis "Okontami" guy. Freak!
Re: Yellow Fever: South Africa Apologizes Over Deportation by extension: 8:41pm On Mar 08, 2012
Very ungrateful elements.When naira is naira,not now,Nigeria sent to south africa the sum of 1.2 billion dollars in from 70s to 80s thru Gowon and Baba Iyabo.To be frank,after God ,south africa should be worshipping us.
Re: Yellow Fever: South Africa Apologizes Over Deportation by Ekiti1: 9:09pm On Mar 08, 2012
The best part of this is the "punish one, teach hundreds" effect this will have on other rogue countries that may want to emulate S.A.
Re: Yellow Fever: South Africa Apologizes Over Deportation by Ekiti1: 9:11pm On Mar 08, 2012
The best part of this is the "punish one, teach hundreds" effect this will have on other rogue countries that may want to emulate S.A.
Re: Yellow Fever: South Africa Apologizes Over Deportation by MrEverest(m): 9:35pm On Mar 08, 2012
Another bulls eye for GEJ, first was the arik air London flight slot saga in which Nigeria humbled the UK and now this were SA has to tender an unreserved apology, i think we are finally getting our acts together in terms of international relations, so to those banana republics,and yes i mean the likes of these African countries Libya, Togo, Ghana etc and even Malaysia and China that treat our nationals like shit, be on your guard because we have enacted a new law called the doctrine of reciprocity tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Yellow Fever: South Africa Apologizes Over Deportation by Yeske2(m): 9:44pm On Mar 08, 2012
Naija tire me sef, why not nationalize SA coys here before accepting any apology? Those ingrates, i been think say dem get craze but dem forget say our dada don scatter.
Re: Yellow Fever: South Africa Apologizes Over Deportation by Koikoi(m): 9:50pm On Mar 08, 2012
After all the gra gra, what's next? Nigeria must wake up to the realities on ground. The country sucks and we must face the problem and try to find a solution. What we are doing now is just postponing the evil day. Let solve the problem at home before fighting outside so that we do not get boxed in next time we fight outside
Re: Yellow Fever: South Africa Apologizes Over Deportation by Ironi: 9:52pm On Mar 08, 2012
Now, looks like you guys are getting way over yourselves.

Any country which deems you persona non grata would deport you without any fuzz.

Any country would deport Nigerians if they have to, just as Nigeria deports other nationals all the time. No big deal!

It happens everyday so get over it.

The South Africans in this case acted foolishly by not showing any respect to one of your law makers and have apoligized.

You should rather be worried about the thousands of Nigerian citizens roaming around South Africa and doing criminal activities.
Re: Yellow Fever: South Africa Apologizes Over Deportation by omoghana22: 9:53pm On Mar 08, 2012
my brethren,
this is a good move by GEJ, but should not be publicized in this way, proud never take you anywhere,  whatever the case is, the SA also has right to protect their country. if you read the SA respond to this apology, it means that is going to create problem for most Nigerian there.  trust Nigerian with pride, they may going around using this apology as insult point to south African which may result to fight.  mind you that almost 60% of Nigerian living in SA doesn't have a good business curriculum.  you can see that the SA govt. is more mature than the one of 9ja.  this apology should have gone the secrete way. , my question is,, why are you all so proud that SA apologized but you cannot be proud to defend your basic citizenship right.
Re: Yellow Fever: South Africa Apologizes Over Deportation by EmekaCovaine: 10:01pm On Mar 08, 2012
I love Nigerians very much since I had HIV and one Nigerian Pastor pray for me & I was healed. It suprised me though to hear Nigerians brothers saying HIV is not a problem in Nigeria since I watch Emannuel TV every Sunday and theres always a long que of Nigerians with HIV waiting for prayers from the man of God. Nigerians are very intelligent people look the way they reponded to derpotation, wonderful !!! 'If they deport us we deport them' what a briliiant way of doing business with Nigerians. Nigerians have proved over the years that they are very brilliant fellows, their country is the second richest country in Africa after DRC, Nigeria is far richer than South Africa, UK even US and one of the richest in the world (rated fifth supplier of oil in the world) but they leave their rich country by droves to poor but developed countries every year. With population they have nigeria supposed to be one of powerhouses not only in Africa but in the world. Now everytime they are fighting to be accepted in countries which are poor than theirs. Nigerians know everything except that if you live in another country you work for that country 1st before your family, even if u sell drugs and prostites u still pay tax one way or another and that tax is use to build World Cup stadiums, world class highways, railway lines for highspeed trains seen only in EU & US; u help to build a foreign country & will always better than yours. Finally I want to thank Nigerians brothers for taking care not only of our economy but of our unemployed sisters as well whether u are a Nigerian hate South African or vice versa the truth is theres South African-Nigerian community that is growing by the day despite all HIV problems we have in SA. I love Nigeria I'm planning to visit Jos and enjoy palm wine. Forgive my poor English I'm a ZULU
Re: Yellow Fever: South Africa Apologizes Over Deportation by Arosa(m): 10:06pm On Mar 08, 2012
^^^ grin grin grin nice one.
Re: Yellow Fever: South Africa Apologizes Over Deportation by akinmax: 10:09pm On Mar 08, 2012
@KOKOA,
Yes brother! Nigerians are the only peolpe permitted to insult Nigerian. We know how we handle ourselves Any other baggar that tries that on us, we hit them big time like U.K, like S.A. To add to that we are also the only people permitted to 'yarb' our uncle GEJ . Any foreigner that tries that, shall be deciesively delt with.

You 100 % right brother !.I like ur comment.
Re: Yellow Fever: South Africa Apologizes Over Deportation by akinmax: 10:12pm On Mar 08, 2012
@KOKOA,
Yes brother! Nigerians are the only peolpe permitted to insult Nigerian. We know how we handle ourselves  Any other baggar that tries that on us, we hit them big time like U.K, like S.A. To add to that we are also the only people permitted to 'yarb' our uncle GEJ  . Any foreigner that tries that, shall be deciesively delt with.

You 100 % right brother !.I like ur comment.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Presidential Primaries: APC May Adopt Consensus As Buhari, Governors Meet / Kano: "There Is severe hunger, I Will meet Tinubu to tell him" - Gov Yusuf / Nation Newspapers Dedicates 70 Pages To Bola Tinubu's 65th Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.