Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,967 members, 7,825,023 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? (24573 Views)

Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church / Catholic Church Collapses In Enugu, Five Dead / Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by yommy2sure(m): 9:45am On Apr 06, 2012
Wow...so much debate.. Its not just the catholic church but even mainstream christianity that practice stuffs that are not biblical. Sabbath was originally saturday, Jesus wasnt born on chritmas day, he did not die on friday evenn to rise up on monday morning (that isnt a complete 3 days and three nights)the original festivals in the old and new testaments are passover, feast of terbanacles,etc. All these were fused into christianity by the emperor constaintan wen he accepted christianity, he wanted to unit christinty and all the pegan religeon then hence he created a hybrid christianity mixed wit pegan symbols and theories. Sunday was originally for the worship of the sun-god in exchange for the son-of-God hence the name sun-day. The mary and jesus images were to replace a goddess nd her son...and many more, and pls the church Jesus talked abt wasnt a physical building built on Peter's grave, he meant he will be the head of those that will preach the gospel to the ends of the earth...people shld learn to read and find out things for themselves abeg... The basic thing is a personal relationship with God 2tru his son Jesus Christ not Mary or any other 'saint'
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by JohnnieZM(m): 4:34pm On Apr 06, 2012
yommy2sure: Wow...so much debate.. Its not just the catholic church but even mainstream christianity that practice stuffs that are not biblical. Sabbath was originally saturday, Jesus wasnt born on chritmas day, he did not die on friday evenn to rise up on monday morning (that isnt a complete 3 days and three nights)the original festivals in the old and new testaments are passover, feast of terbanacles,etc. All these were fused into christianity by the emperor constaintan wen he accepted christianity, he wanted to unit christinty and all the pegan religeon then hence he created a hybrid christianity mixed wit pegan symbols and theories. Sunday was originally for the worship of the sun-god in exchange for the son-of-God hence the name sun-day. The mary and jesus images were to replace a goddess nd her son...and many more, and pls the church Jesus talked abt wasnt a physical building built on Peter's grave, he meant he will be the head of those that will preach the gospel to the ends of the earth...people shld learn to read and find out things for themselves abeg... The basic thing is a personal relationship with God 2tru his son Jesus Christ not Mary or any other 'saint'
Yommy my guy that is what have been telling for weeks that this thread started but spiritual blindness and brainwash have kept them away from the truth. Now we are 3 nw, me, u and Joe!
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Adaeze003(f): 4:51pm On Apr 06, 2012
Hmm!!!
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by JohnnieZM(m): 5:15pm On Apr 06, 2012
Ogamgil:

@jeo4christ i can see dat u and ur brother jonnie do not want 2 learn. critics lik u pple hav come and gone so please in ur best intrest liv d church alone cus i personaly knw what happen to people lik u 2. Do u remember in d bible wer it is writn "notn unclean shal enter into the kingdom of heaven" and it is also writn d holyest man in d world sin seven times in a day". So in conclusion no body is worthy of entern heaven. Dats wer paugatory comes in. Catholic did not just start a day and mind what u say d holy spirte told u cus no body shld tel a lie about d holy spirit
Which Holy Spirit? Abeg don't even let us go to that area...is the Holy Spirit in the Catholic Church? Purgatorian doctrine is one from the pit of hell, Jesus died for all of us so that we can live a holy life through him. God says in Lev 11:44 and 1 Peter 1:15-16 that be ye holy as your father in heaven is holy, so it means your purgatory is void if the Lord can say that. Let me sound this again unless you give your life to Christ and live holy, if you die in your sins hell is your home- a place of torment where their worms and flames die not. Again you said the Catholic Church has been around for long, but do you know that witchcraft is as old as the world itself even older than Christianity and the Catholic church? Then does that make witchcraft good? By no means! Being an Ex-catholic I have no problem with the church since they gave me my first foundation about God, but my problem with it is that there are many beliefs that have no biblical legal backing that they preach and teach people-more like brainwash and hypnotism. God save the Catholic Church members.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by JohnnieZM(m): 5:30pm On Apr 06, 2012
Sucre#:
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Johnnie ZM(m): 3 minutes & 36 seconds

italo:

So how do you know that Catholics are under the deception of satan? Is it the Holy Spirit that revealed that to you?

It's very simple: the Catholic doctrine does include repentance from works of sin infact you celebrate sin! Bowing to all of statues and communion is idolatry, worship or veneration of Mary, watered down preaching and economising the truth of the gospel, to crown it all up purgatorial belief is anti-Christ and pouring souls into hell...I'll like pause here because I don't even want to open the can of worm of what goes on in the Catholic Convents! And why is it that all false doctrine of Catholics are all implied in d bible? Reactions please.

Ma advise is dnt say things u av no proof abt, if u left d catholic church is at ur own wil. U dats blaspheming , u were neva a catholic. Dnt allow d wrath of God 2 fall on u...

Wrath of God fall on me for saying the truth? I have proof my guy rock solid ones! Even St Paul after his conversion faced the Pharisees because he was once a pharisee. I was born a Catholic but unlike you refuse to die a Catholic, I attended Catechism, took first Holy Communion, did Confirmation, almost got listed to be a priest by dad, member of the legion of Mary, foundational leader of block rosary in my local area then, a staunch Catholic...what other proof do you want?
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by JohnnieZM(m): 5:40pm On Apr 06, 2012
italo: @ Johnnie ZM,

What's your problem with communion precisely? That there shouldn't be anything like communion or that there could be but it should not be bowed to?
Non actually! But it should not be bow to because it is not the real body of Christ! It only symbolises it and it's in remembrance of him! Not to be bowed to.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by italo: 8:32pm On Apr 06, 2012
Johnnie ZM:
Non actually! But it should not be bow to because it is not the real body of Christ! It only symbolises it and it's in remembrance of him! Not to be bowed to.

Jesus said "this is my body...this is my blood"

Johnnie ZM says 'this is a symbol his body...this is a symbol of his blood'

We Catholics choose to listen to Jesus, not you. Sorry about that!
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by JohnnieZM(m): 11:02pm On Apr 06, 2012
italo:

Jesus said "this is my body...this is my blood"

Johnnie ZM says 'this is a symbol his body...this is a symbol of his blood'

We Catholics choose to listen to Jesus, not you. Sorry about that!

What's with Catholics self? Everything about the Catholics is ceremony.....worshipping the creature rather than the Creator! Now when Jesus said the Holy Communion is his body which we eat in faith did he told us to bow to the unleavened bread or the wafer as case may be? Guy Catholicsm is rooted in Roman Paganistic Idolatry! God save you all and I thank you God saving me from Cathocism because it easier to convert 10 unbelievers than 1 Catholic!
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by JohnnieZM(m): 11:02pm On Apr 06, 2012
cheesy
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by PastorAIO: 11:22pm On Apr 06, 2012
Johnnie ZM:
What's with Catholics self? Everything about the Catholics is ceremony.....worshipping the creature rather than the Creator! Now when Jesus said the Holy Communion is his body which we eat in faith did he told us to bow to the unleavened bread or the wafer as case may be? Guy Catholicsm is rooted in Roman Paganistic Idolatry! God save you all and I thank you God saving me from Cathocism because it easier to convert 10 unbelievers than 1 Catholic!

It might help if you could show us the particular roman pagan ritual that is being practiced.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by JohnnieZM(m): 1:42am On Apr 07, 2012
italo: Taking it one after the other: you said bowing to statues is idolatory. That's one lie. A bow is meaningless if you are not worshipping that object as God or a god. What if I bowed to a spoon or a fork, would that necessarily be idolatory? Of course not.

Secondly, there's a difference btw bowing IN FRONT OF a statue and bowing TO a statue. Maybe you should keep a dictionary handy next time you read the Bible. When Catholics are before a statue of Jesus, Mary or any of the Angels and Saints, it helps them lift their minds to God who has been glorified through the life of the Saint. Let me give you an example: I want St. Jude to pray to Jesus for me. So I go to his statue (which has been blessed and is therefore a spiritual point of contact between me and God). I kneel because I'm in God's presence and I say to St. Jude (not the statue): "Pls pray for Johnnie ZM that he may find the truth of The Catholic faith". It doesn't mean that statue is being worshipped or talked to. Otherwise it would mean that pentecostals who go to their church and kneel and pray are worshipping the church building and talking to it, wouldn't it? What about those who listen to Christian music and start to pray to God? Does that mean they are worshipping the music?

Don't forget that, the statue, church building and music are all works of art. The art is meant to help us lift our hearts to God whom we pray to.
My guy did I hear you say a bow is meaningless if you are not worshipping d object as God or a god? I hope your bible is complete? See Ex. 20:4-5, Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
Thou shalt not BOW DOWN thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me. (See also Ex 23:24, Lev 26:1 & Deut 4:16) You see my friend you Catholics are in volation of God's law! You are not expected to make, BOW talkless of worship. Now bowing in some part of the world and this country is a sign of respect or form of greeting bt it is only for people; you can't tell me that you are bowing to an inanimate object as a sign of respect or greeting no way it will not fly.

Secondly, Guy bowing infront of a statue or bowing to a statue, what difference does it make- the act is bowing and the word of God is against it! Now why will you want to use the image or statue of Jesus or others as a channel to pray? Jesus said in John 4:24 that God is a Spirit: and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth. If so then why do you need a statue when there is a big God in heaven and inhabiting the heart of man through His Spirit? Have you ever read in the bible that Jesus stood before the statue of Abraham or others to pray? He simply lift up his face to heaven and talk to God so also the Apostles. God is alive and powerful.

Now let's see how St Paul puts it in Rom 1:22-23 & 25; Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man.......
Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshiped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen (see also Acts 17:29)
Concluding with all the facts before you now I believe you are not trying to negate God's word. I love art myself I'm a singer in church but God is above all no art should take His glory, no image, statue or what have you it is pure IDOLATRY! I rest my case.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by JohnnieZM(m): 1:49am On Apr 07, 2012
Pastor AIO:

It might help if you could show us the particular roman pagan ritual that is being practiced.
Oga just go to my profile and check out my posts on this issue I have dicussed extensively on it. Don't have time for people that like to play devil's advocate. I've said it before you never take a stand Pastor AIO or whatever your name is.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Ogamgil(f): 2:03pm On Apr 08, 2012
yommy2sure: Wow...so much debate.. Its not just the catholic church but even mainstream christianity that practice stuffs that are not biblical. Sabbath was originally saturday, Jesus wasnt born on chritmas day, he did not die on friday evenn to rise up on monday morning (that isnt a complete 3 days and three nights)the original festivals in the old and new testaments are passover, feast of terbanacles,etc. All these were fused into christianity by the emperor constaintan wen he accepted christianity, he wanted to unit christinty and all the pegan religeon then hence he created a hybrid christianity mixed wit pegan symbols and theories. Sunday was originally for the worship of the sun-god in exchange for the son-of-God hence the name sun-day. The mary and jesus images were to replace a goddess nd her son...and many more, and pls the church Jesus talked abt wasnt a physical building built on Peter's grave, he meant he will be the head of those that will preach the gospel to the ends of the earth...people shld learn to read and find out things for themselves abeg... The basic thing is a personal relationship with God 2tru his son Jesus Christ not Mary or any other 'saint'

This is according 2 ur own reasoning. U hav a long way 2 go.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Ogamgil(f): 2:08pm On Apr 08, 2012
Johnnie ZM:
Which Holy Spirit? Abeg don't even let us go to that area...is the Holy Spirit in the Catholic Church? Purgatorian doctrine is one from the pit of hell, Jesus died for all of us so that we can live a holy life through him. God says in Lev 11:44 and 1 Peter 1:15-16 that be ye holy as your father in heaven is holy, so it means your purgatory is void if the Lord can say that. Let me sound this again unless you give your life to Christ and live holy, if you die in your sins hell is your home- a place of torment where their worms and flames die not. Again you said the Catholic Church has been around for long, but do you know that witchcraft is as old as the world itself even older than Christianity and the Catholic church? Then does that make witchcraft good? By no means! Being an Ex-catholic I have no problem with the church since they gave me my first foundation about God, but my problem with it is that there are many beliefs that have no biblical legal backing that they preach and teach people-more like brainwash and hypnotism. God save the Catholic Church members.

i wont blame u. Do u know why? Cus ur just a Child.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Ogamgil(f): 2:27pm On Apr 08, 2012
Johnnie ZM:
Wrath of God fall on me for saying the truth? I have proof my guy rock solid ones! Even St Paul after his conversion faced the Pharisees because he was once a pharisee. I was born a Catholic but unlike you refuse to die a Catholic, I attended Catechism, took first Holy Communion, did Confirmation, almost got listed to be a priest by dad, member of the legion of Mary, foundational leader of block rosary in my local area then, a staunch Catholic...what other proof do you want?

Am not surprised, ur lik Judas Iscariot who sold him Jesus.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by italo: 3:50pm On Apr 08, 2012
Johnnie ZM:

Jesus "took the bread...and said 'this is my body'" [Luke 22:19]

Johnnie ZM says 'this is still bread'

We Catholics still choose to listen to Jesus. Sorry.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by yommy2sure(m): 5:43pm On Apr 08, 2012
Ogamgil:

This is according 2 ur own reasoning. U hav a long way 2 go.
thanks you very much, @ least you ackwonledge that i reason. Yes i reason and search for the truth myself as the Bible enjoins us to be like the berean christians in the book of acts 17:10-11 who not only accept what they were taught but will go back and research to confirm them. Yes i might not have gone far...but im far better than you that just accept the trash they pass unto you which contracts what is in the Book that ought to be the Standard. I wont asnwer you again @ least you have internet to browse nairaland...use it to update yourself!
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Ogamgil(f): 7:26pm On Apr 08, 2012
yommy2sure: thanks you very much, @ least you ackwonledge that i reason. Yes i reason and search for the truth myself as the Bible enjoins us to be like the berean christians in the book of acts 17:10-11 who not only accept what they were taught but will go back and research to confirm them. Yes i might not have gone far...but im far better than you that just accept the trash they pass unto you which contracts what is in the Book that ought to be the Standard. I wont asnwer you again @ least you have internet to browse nairaland...use it to update yourself!
;-

ur just a child u dont knw what ur say. May God forgive u.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by JohnnieZM(m): 10:49pm On Apr 08, 2012
Ogamgil:

My dear you were a baby when I started attending Catholic Church! I was born into the Catholic got baptised as a baby, spent 21years in the Catholic church b4 leaving the church in 1996 nw as a Pentecostal I am in my 15th year as a member! So you are the child nt me you don't even knw what it takes to be a Catholic. You have not even made any intelligent comment since! My dear you are the baby, because in terms of experience I have the edge, age wise too, knowledge wise you don't knw a fraction of what I know...
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by JohnnieZM(m): 10:50pm On Apr 08, 2012
Ogamgil:

Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by JohnnieZM(m): 10:55pm On Apr 08, 2012
Ogamgil:

Am not surprised, ur lik Judas Iscariot who sold him Jesus.
The truth is bitter! I'm sorry 4 you.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by JohnnieZM(m): 11:02pm On Apr 08, 2012
italo:

Jesus "took the bread...and said 'this is my body'" [Luke 22:19]

Johnnie ZM says 'this is still bread'

We Catholics still choose to listen to Jesus. Sorry.
Emotions not even a sensible answer to my question. The question is did Jesus instruct us to BOW to the communion? Answer with biblical refrences.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by zikaengee(f): 12:41am On Apr 09, 2012
@ZM, u claimed that u have answered all the questions thrown to u but in real sense,ur answers are not making any sense. Ur answers are full of accuastion that is baselee. U said u were a cthloic for 21yrs nd a protestant for 16 but u still argue like a small child. U don't sound like a cordinated person,jumping from one accusation to another without making any tangible point. U said is more hard to convert 1 catholic than to convert 10unbeliver.jst wondering how ur convertion was so easy since u said u were once a catholic or are u jst a sunday sunday goer. Remove emotion anytime u are arguing cos is clouding ur judgement and makes u look like a fool. My 50cents pls
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Ogamgil(f): 9:35am On Apr 09, 2012
Johnnie ZM:
My dear you were a baby when I started attending Catholic Church! I was born into the Catholic got baptised as a baby, spent 21years in the Catholic church b4 leaving the church in 1996 nw as a Pentecostal I am in my 15th year as a member! So you are the child nt me you don't even knw what it takes to be a Catholic. You have not even made any intelligent comment since! My dear you are the baby, because in terms of experience I have the edge, age wise too, knowledge wise you don't knw a fraction of what I know...

those are d attribute of judas. U left catholic who cares u culd go to blazes who cares its a free world. Why ar u getn al worked up over catholic if ur not an Anti christ.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Ogamgil(f): 9:38am On Apr 09, 2012
Johnnie ZM:
The truth is bitter! I'm sorry 4 you.

sory 4 ur self. Judas
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by doublecross(m): 9:42am On Apr 09, 2012
991: born in a catholic family though I disbelieve all religions now.
i can tell you instinctively that everything thought in catholic churches is absolutely crap. no offense intended, reason it yourself, others aren't better because religion is a SCAM.

holy marry, mother of god, pray for them
Michael and Joseph, pray for them,
holy st. peters , pray for them
all the dead faithfuls, pray for them

and you see mind-questioning pictures and drawings all over the walls of catholic churches, not to mention roman sculptures etc,
finally the most silly act of any reasonable youth is to tell his or her misdeeds to a catholic priest and believes that their god has forgiven them.
perfectly stated. Yar adua will pray for them someday. hahahahaha
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by JohnnieZM(m): 11:03am On Apr 09, 2012
doublecross: perfectly stated. Yar adua will pray for them someday. hahahahaha
Maybe Bin Ladin hahaha
They never pray for themselves...I'll more comfortable if they ask the priest to pray for them.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by JohnnieZM(m): 11:08am On Apr 09, 2012
Ogamgil:

those are d attribute of judas. U left catholic who cares u culd go to blazes who cares its a free world. Why ar u getn al worked up over catholic if ur not an Anti christ.

Anti-Christ? You don't understand the bible neither do you understand English! I'm never against Christ, I'm against Catholics so call me ANTI-CATHOLIC! Olodo.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by JohnnieZM(m): 11:19am On Apr 09, 2012
zikaengee: @ZM, u claimed that u have answered all the questions thrown to u but in real sense,ur answers are not making any sense. Ur answers are full of accuastion that is baselee. U said u were a cthloic for 21yrs nd a protestant for 16 but u still argue like a small child. U don't sound like a cordinated person,jumping from one accusation to another without making any tangible point. U said is more hard to convert 1 catholic than to convert 10unbeliver.jst wondering how ur convertion was so easy since u said u were once a catholic or are u jst a sunday sunday goer. Remove emotion anytime u are arguing cos is clouding ur judgement and makes u look like a fool. My 50cents pls
You have the floor Professor Labamba ask me your questions (as if you care to know truth) and I'm ready to answer you. It was the grace of God that drag me out of the dungeon of Catholicsm and God have to use my elder brother after many attempts by others. I will shout it on the roof top Catholics are bunch of brainwashed believers! Quote me or arrest me. I'm sorry I have to offend you guys.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Ogamgil(f): 9:08am On Apr 10, 2012
Johnnie ZM:
Anti-Christ? You don't understand the bible neither do you understand English! I'm never against Christ, I'm against Catholics so call me ANTI-CATHOLIC! Olodo.

As am seen it i dont think u wer once a catholic as u clam cus this shows u wer not brought up wel. u hav a very low thinkn faculty and ur very insultive or is it wen u left that u became such. U clam uve seen d light but ur character is moraly bad.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by JohnnieZM(m): 10:00am On Apr 10, 2012
Ogamgil:

As am seen it i dont think u wer once a catholic as u clam cus this shows u wer not brought up wel. u hav a very low thinkn faculty and ur very insultive or is it wen u left that u became such. U clam uve seen d light but ur character is moraly bad.

What?! Who is doing all the insulting? You started it....saying I have low thinking faculty and ANTI-CHRIST doesn't sound like good moral behaviour to me, or is that the new way of greeting now? How can you call your fellow brother anti-christ because he does not believe in your style of worship? Judge and jury sorry ooo. After you've been shown that your believe system is wrong instead of accepting the fact even when it is staring at you in the eyes you chose to insult me. My dear I have said my own take it or leave it...I am not forcing you no one forced me, I only saw the truth. Please would you mind staying on the subject. Thanks.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by italo: 9:09am On Apr 12, 2012
Johnnie ZM:
Emotions not even a sensible answer to my question. The question is did Jesus instruct us to BOW to the communion? Answer with biblical refrences.

So since communion is Jesus-God's' "body", I will bow to it, lie prostrate before it and adore it.

I can't believe a 36year old is asking me to show him where the Bible said "you can bow to Jesus' body". No wonder you left the Catholic Church. With these level of reasoning its obvious you never knew a thing in the Church.

But I will still show you the Bible references if you show me where the Bible said "don't bow to Jesus-God's body.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? / My Experience With The Jehovah's Witnesses Organization / The Worrying State Of House Of The Rock Cathedral Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.