Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,949 members, 7,824,977 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? (24572 Views)

Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church / Catholic Church Collapses In Enugu, Five Dead / Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Nobody: 8:01am On Mar 17, 2012
I attend a catholic church currently, I don't follow their TRADITIONS though (as long as it's unbiblical), now let's say the priest should scan the members for their faith in the traditions, am afraid: I'll must obey God rather than men!
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Nobody: 11:32am On Mar 17, 2012
@docjay487

U cannot be a partial RC,you either believe in the church or u donot.By the way do you mind enumerating their " traditions" which u think r unbiblical
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Rich4god(m): 12:45pm On Mar 17, 2012
Docjay487: I attend a catholic church currently, I don't follow their TRADITIONS though (as long as it's unbiblical), now let's say the priest should scan the members for their faith in the traditions, am afraid: I'll must obey God rather than men!
Why is everybody forming a former catholic or partial catholic... Na wa o. You dont have to lie before you can point out anything you feel is wrong with RCC.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Ogamgil(f): 12:52pm On Mar 19, 2012
Docjay487: I attend a catholic church currently, I don't follow their TRADITIONS though (as long as it's unbiblical), now let's say the priest should scan the members for their faith in the traditions, am afraid: I'll must obey God rather than men!
if i may ask what year were you born. And if i may guess in the 70s 80s. Who are u 2 say a religion as old as Christ is unbiblical. Catholic is the first church on earth and every thing they practise in the church is in an orderly manner in accordance 2 christ teaching. Jesus made Peter the head of the Church and said on this rock i build my church and the Gate of hell shall not prevale against it.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by JohnnieZM(m): 4:47pm On Mar 23, 2012
Rich4god: @ Johnnie ZM. Its obvious that you are out to attack the catholic church. I just SMH at what you have been saying. You claim to be a former catholic, but all what you say are far from the truth. You said catholics dont read the bible, the 1st & 2nd reading, psalm and Gospel that is been read during mass, where is it taken from?. You again said that we worship Mary, starting with the mass or any other catholic prayer, plz tell me how/where we worship Mary?. With the issue of purgatory, plz read 1 John 5:16 and tell me your own point of view. About asking saints(dead christians) to pray for us, have you not in your life ever asked some1 to pray for you in other to succeed in something?, and remember, our God is the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacoh, all of whom are dead, what does that mean to you?. With regards to exhuming of deads saints, have you 4goten in the O.T where a man was brought back to life just because his body touched the bone of a dead prophet?, i guess you also know that Mary magdalene and co were about entering the tomb of Jesus the day He ressurected. Does that ring a bell to you? or will say its occultic. About the image, is the ark of convenant not an image?, what abt the bronze snake molded by Moses?. No 1 knows the true church, but as for me, i remain a catholic till death. Moreover its not your church that will lead you to heaven, just live an upright life. Peace be with you.

I'm sorry I've been very busy that is why I've gone for so long a time, I hope my comment is not too late.

Rich4god! Rich4god!! Rich4god!!! How many times did I call you? ......Look let me tell you being an Ex-Catholic, I did not just attend mass, I was a member of the Legion of Mary, Leader of the Block Rosary, Candidate of the Catechism, received First Holy Communion, Confirmation…..need I say that I was a stanch Catholic! So don’t sit there and tell me about Catholicism as if you are an authority in it. I don’t attack Catholics but I tell them the truth, for you shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free says the Lord! Let me enumerate one after the other:

Catholics Vs The Bible: Catholics don’t read the bible should not be taken literarily; meaning that they read the bible but like any-other book. Reading the bible in this context is reading it meditatively with understanding and getting the rhema and the logos of the word, well you don’t happen to understand that I’m sure. The Word of God is hidden to you (II Cor 4:3-4) it is a stumbling block to many Christians. Therefore reading selected chapters from the bible in the name of 1st, 2nd and Gospel is not the issue, Catholics should learn to open the complete BIBLE searching from Genesis to Revelation if need be. For God’s sake the Bible is the constitution of a believer how can you not read to know what is in it? Tell me does a lawyer only read selected provisions of the Nigerian Constitution?

Worship of Mary: Catholics claim to be honouring Mary and not worship her but the prayer goes: “……..through Mary the Mother of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.” Why? Mary is dead and in heaven in the bosom of the LORD, so why waste your time on a human like yourself after Jesus said categorically that he is the way the truth and the life and that no one goes to the Father except by him (John 14:6) Why all the emphasis on Mary being a virgin as if it’s a big deal…infact Mary was not the only virgin in Israel when Jesus was to be born. She was only a vessel (worthy one) through which the Saviour must come, besides it was a law and tradition in Isreal in the law of Moses that a woman must be a virgin before marriage (see Deut 22:20-21). Also, it was ordained by God and was prophesied that Jesus must come from the lineage of David, so since Joseph was from the house of David and betrothed husband of Mary, then no other woman could have been chosen but Mary the wife-to-be of Joseph. So you see Mary was chosen because of Joseph and it was ordained by to be by God Almighty. (Matt. 1:1-25)

Catholics Vs Purgatory: Now 1 John 5:16 did not in any way support the existence of purgatory though it talks about sin unto death which Catholics tagged ‘mortal sin,’ but this is not anyway referring to purgatory it is talking about sin against the Holy Ghost which can never be forgiven according to Jesus in Matt 12:31. Now let’s look at this critically, Catholics believe in three state of after life:
1. Heaven
2. Purgatory – which is a temporary condition for the purification of souls who although saved are not free from sin to enter directly into heaven. Souls in purgatory may be aided in reaching heaven by the prayers of the faithful on earth and by the intercession of saints.
3. Final Damnation
Beloved, do not be fooled there are only two ways which Jesus our Saviour painted vividly to us in Matt 7:13-14 and Luke 13:24-30; the narrow way which leads to life eternal (heaven) and the broad way which leads to destruction (damnation or hell). See if there is another way Jesus would have told us expressly! Remember now the story of the rich man and Lazarus? Two places – Abraham’s bosom (Heaven) and Hell – no purgatory! (Luke 16:19-31) Need not say more; just read the book of Revelations and you’ll see that purgatory does not exist!!!!

Catholics Vs. Dead Christian (Saints): There is no record in the bible that we read that the living people ask the dead to pray for them. Even Isaac never asked his dead father Abraham (the father of nations and friend of God) to pray for him. Jesus never ask any saint to pray for him neither did Paul, Peter nor anyone in bible history that I know of. God being the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob doesn’t mean we should ask them to pray for us. God gave us mouths to pray for ourselves (that was why the Lord’s Prayer was given) and even for others – but not for dead people, because after death there is no repentance in the grave. Even if you spend a life time praying for a dead relative it will not nullify God’s Judgment over such.

Catholics Vs. Dead bodies: Exhuming the dead is occultism and not to be practiced in church. Elisha was a prophet who received double portion of Elijah’s anointing, so the fact that his bones raised a dead man was to complete the miracles he was ordained to perform. He had to perform more than Elijah due to his double portion edge….so his bones raised the dead man and it was his last miracle and that was all. There was no record that the bones raised any-other dead man apart from the one raised. So stop practicing cultic art in church.
Furthermore, it is the practice in Jewish custom to anoint their dead with spices after a couple of days, this was what Mary and co. went to do before discovering that Jesus had resurrected. They place dead people in tombs and cover the door-like entrance of such with stones to prevent odour and give privacy to the dead corpse; they don’t exhume or bring out dead corpse to perform any kind of ritual or sacrifice. It is somewhat called defiling oneself with the dead in Lev. 21:1 and Num 5:2. See also necromancer – which is related art of consulting the dead in Deut. 18:10-12. Images and statues are not to be worshipped too (Deut 16:21-22)

I hope I’ve been able to open your eyes a little and I pray that the Holy Spirit will illuminate your spiritual eyes to see the truth in what I just said. I’m sorry if I offend you in anyway, but it is the truth…it is bitter!
God bless you.

Shalom!
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Mar 24, 2012
Ogamgil: if i may ask what year were you born. And if i may guess in the 70s 80s. Who are u 2 say a religion as old as Christ is unbiblical. Catholic is the first church on earth and every thing they practise in the church is in an orderly manner in accordance 2 christ teaching. Jesus made Peter the head of the Church and said on this rock i build my church and the Gate of hell shall not prevale against it.
I did not say the catholic is a religion, but christianity somewhat seasoned with tradition like:
1. Jesus is the way but Mary is the way to the way
2.we have Christ AND PRIESTS as mediatorS.
Was Baptised a lutheran, has been a catholic for since '98, an Altar boy till school. Because of the catholic, I've been headache to JW's...and lots more.
Hence am yet to be a catholic if and only if my n will answer all my questions on their traditions with a KJV bible.
@all who quote me
We can discuss a lot via mail you know.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Nobody: 4:57am On Mar 25, 2012
Catholics Vs The Bible: Catholics don’t read the bible should not be taken literarily; meaning that they read the bible but like any-other book. Reading the bible in this context is reading it meditatively with understanding and getting the rhema and the logos of the word, well you don’t happen to understand that I’m sure. The Word of God is hidden to you (II Cor 4:3-4) it is a stumbling block to many Christians. Therefore reading selected chapters from the bible in the name of 1st, 2nd and Gospel is not the issue, Catholics should learn to open the complete BIBLE searching from Genesis to Revelation if need be. For God’s sake the Bible is the constitution of a believer how can you not read to know what is in it? Tell me does a lawyer only read selected provisions of the Nigerian Constitution?
@johnZm

If you don't study your bible,don't always conclude everyone is like u.I have been 2 other churches and I tell u not one of them studies d bible like d RCC.Like I posted earlier the RCC has a three year bible study plan designated year A,B and C respectively within which all portions of the bible r covered.So your assertions of reading a selected portions of the bible do not hold water.

I have attended some pentecostal churches and followed some on Tv ,I am yet to see one who will read up the entire bible everyday.Like the catholic church they also read up selected bible portions that pertains to the subject there r discussing.

Besides so many catholics like any other christians on their own carry out personal bible studies little wonder the best biblical scholars in istory had being scholars like Origen,st Jerome and St Augustine.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Nobody: 5:22am On Mar 25, 2012
[q
[/quote]uote]
Worship of Mary: Catholics claim to be honouring Mary and not worship her but the prayer goes: “……..through Mary the Mother of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.” Why? Mary is dead and in heaven in the bosom of the LORD, so why waste your time on a human like yourself after Jesus said categorically that he is the way the truth and the life and that no one goes to the Father except by him (John 14:6) Why all the emphasis on Mary being a virgin as if it’s a big deal…infact Mary was not the only virgin in Israel when Jesus was to be born. She was only a vessel (worthy one) through which the Saviour must come, besides it was a law and tradition in Isreal in the law of Moses that a woman must be a virgin before marriage (see Deut 22:20-21). Also, it was ordained by God and was prophesied that Jesus must come from the lineage of David, so since Joseph was from the house of David and betrothed husband of Mary, then no other woman could have been chosen but Mary the wife-to-be of Joseph. So you see Mary was chosen because of Joseph and it was ordained by to be by God Almighty. (Matt. 1:1-25)

Ol boy as we alreay told u we do not worship Mary but rather venerate her.we do this by honouring her as d mother of Jesus and asking her to pray 4 us.No body is going to the father thru mary rather we are going to Jesus thru her.Mind you this privilege is not just restricted to mary but to all the saints as well.u can as well claim we worship all d saints.This is not differant 4rm what is obtainable in pentecostal churches where their members equally ask their pastors to pray 4 them.

On the other issue u raised mary was not the only virgin heaven in heaven but was the only one who could give birth 2 Jesus.If your father had married another woman then someone else and not u would be born.we all have our own distinct features.

You also claimed Mary was chosen because of Joseph,this is ridiculous to say the least.FYI St Joseph did not play any role in the incarnation of Jesus and therefore could not have been a deciding factor.He had not yet slept with his wife and thus did not father Jesus.The incarnation arose as a result of the infusion of the Virgin Mary with the Holy spirit
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Nobody: 5:39am On Mar 25, 2012
[/quote]
Catholics Vs Purgatory: Now 1 John 5:16 did not in any way support the existence of purgatory though it talks about sin unto death which Catholics tagged ‘mortal sin,’ but this is not anyway referring to purgatory it is talking about sin against the Holy Ghost which can never be forgiven according to Jesus in Matt 12:31. Now let’s look at this critically, Catholics believe in three state of after life:
1. Heaven
2. Purgatory – which is a temporary condition for the purification of souls who although saved are not free from sin to enter directly into heaven. Souls in purgatory may be aided in reaching heaven by the prayers of the faithful on earth and by the intercession of saints.
3. Final Damnation
Beloved, do not be fooled there are only two ways which Jesus our Saviour painted vividly to us in Matt 7:13-14 and Luke 13:24-30; the narrow way which leads to life eternal (heaven) and the broad way which leads to destruction (damnation or hell). See if there is another way Jesus would have told us expressly! Remember now the story of the rich man and Lazarus? Two places – Abraham’s bosom (Heaven) and Hell – no purgatory! (Luke 16:19-31) Need not say more; just read the book of Revelations and you’ll see that purgatory does not exist!!!
[quote]

My dear friend purgatory exists and it is implied in several bible passages.
In 1 pet 3:19 it is called prison.Souls of some of those who perished in Noah's flood where kept in dis prison till the time Jesus died when He came 2 preach 2 them as clearly indicated in 1 pet 3:19-21,W pet 4:6

U will also find inferences like in 1 cor 15:29,2cor 1:18 and 1 john 5:17 where prayers and baptism for the dead were encouraged as u can see st Paul praying for mercy for his dead friend Onesiphorous
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Nobody: 5:50am On Mar 25, 2012
[/quote]Rich4god: @ Johnnie ZM. Its obvious that you are out to attack the catholic church. I just SMH at what you have been saying. You claim to be a former catholic, but all what you say are far from the truth. You said catholics dont read the bible, the 1st & 2nd reading, psalm and Gospel that is been read during mass, where is it taken from?. You again said that we worship Mary, starting with the mass or any other catholic prayer, plz tell me how/where we worship Mary?. With the issue of purgatory, plz read 1 John 5:16 and tell me your own point of view. About asking saints(dead christians) to pray for us, have you not in your life ever asked some1 to pray for you in other to succeed in something?, and remember, our God is the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacoh, all of whom are dead, what does that mean to you?. With regards to exhuming of deads saints, have you 4goten in the O.T where a man was brought back to life just because his body touched the bone of a dead prophet?, i guess you also know that Mary magdalene and co were about entering the tomb of Jesus the day He ressurected. Does that ring a bell to you? or will say its occultic. About the image, is the ark of convenant not an image?, what abt the bronze snake molded by Moses?. No 1 knows the true church, but as for me, i remain a catholic till death. Moreover its not your church that will lead you to heaven, just live an upright life. Peace be with you.

Catholics Vs. Dead Christian (Saints): There is no record in the bible that we read that the living people ask the dead to pray for them. Even Isaac never asked his dead father Abraham (the father of nations and friend of God) to pray for him. Jesus never ask any saint to pray for him neither did Paul, Peter nor anyone in bible history that I know of. God being the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob doesn’t mean we should ask them to pray for us. God gave us mouths to pray for ourselves (that was why the Lord’s Prayer was given) and even for others – but not for dead people, because after death there is no repentance in the grave. Even if you spend a life time praying for a dead relative it will not nullify God’s Judgment over such.
[quote]
Ol boy read ur bible again there is nothing like dead saints.The saints are alive and kicking in heaven and can therefore intercede for us in heaven.As Jesus clearly says in the Gospel of Luke 20:34-38 all are infact alive as he is God of the living and not of the dead.

In Revelation 8:4 u see the prayers of people ascend from the hands of the angel before God so also do d saints intercede 4 us.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Rich4god(m): 11:36am On Mar 25, 2012
@Johnnie ZM... Lets discuss this one after the other.
1st of all lets start with WORSHIP OF MARY.
You claim to be a "former" LEGIONARY and a ROSARIAN, plz i want you to explain vividly how RCC worship Mary.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by JohnnieZM(m): 2:59pm On Mar 26, 2012
Rich4god: @Johnnie ZM... Lets discuss this one after the other.
1st of all lets start with WORSHIP OF MARY.
You claim to be a "former" LEGIONARY and a ROSARIAN, plz i want you to explain vividly how RCC worship Mary.

O'l boy after everything I explained up....I suggest you read and digest so that you have a better question to ask me.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by JohnnieZM(m): 3:08pm On Mar 26, 2012
[quote author=chukwudi44]

Ol boy as we alreay told u we do not worship Mary but rather venerate her.we do this by honouring her as d mother of Jesus and asking her to pray 4 us.No body is going to the father thru mary rather we are going to Jesus thru her.Mind you this privilege is not just restricted to mary but to all the saints as well.u can as well claim we worship all d saints.This is not differant 4rm what is obtainable in pentecostal churches where their members equally ask their pastors to pray 4 them.

On the other issue u raised mary was not the only virgin heaven in heaven but was the only one who could give birth 2 Jesus.If your father had married another woman then someone else and not u would be born.we all have our own distinct features.

You also claimed Mary was chosen because of Joseph,this is ridiculous to say the least.FYI St Joseph did not play any role in the incarnation of Jesus and therefore could not have been a deciding factor.He had not yet slept with his wife and thus did not father Jesus.The incarnation arose as a result of the infusion of the Virgin Mary with the Holy spirit

Guy now I know you are just emotional and don't even know the bible.....so Joseph played no part in the life of Jesus.....he was the husband to be of Mary....so Jesus took his surname (Son of David)....he stood his ground to prevent Mary from being disgraced for getting pregnant our of wedlock...Joseph played a very important role. He is from the lineage of David and the prophesy said Jesus would be born in the lineage of David! Read the bible man.

Also man....you said, "FYI St Joseph did not play any role..., so you are now angry to use "FYI" on me so you think I don't know the meaning? You don't have to be insultive....that's what you people do and after you'll go to the reverend father to confess "Father forgive for I have sin...I told someone FYI on nairaland....."

Peace man.

God will open your eyes.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Mar 26, 2012
@JohnieZM,

Do you u have any problem compreending simple english? Where did u read me write that Joseph played no role in the life of Jesus here on earth? What I actually wrote was that Joseph played no role in the INCARNATION of Jesus.The incartnation of Jesus whiech defied any biological explaination arose 4rm the conception of Mary by the Holy spirit without having slept with any man or any artificial insemination.Could you please tell me any role Joseph played in all these?

Joseph definitely played a role in the life of Jesus here on earth as he was the fatherly figure who brougt him up.

FYI simply means "for your information". I am typing with my phone hence the need 2 use short forms
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Mar 26, 2012
Could you please tell me how the sobriquet FYI could be insultive? It is obvious u have run out of ideas?
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by JohnnieZM(m): 4:11pm On Mar 26, 2012
chukwudi44: Could you please tell me how the sobriquet FYI could be insultive? It is obvious u have run out of ideas?

Then my guy define FYI in the context in which you used it.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Rich4god(m): 7:07pm On Mar 26, 2012
Johnnie ZM:

O'l boy after everything I explained up....I suggest you read and digest so that you have a better question to ask me.
You see yourself... I think you are a little bit confused and your claim of being a former catholic is false. All the proofs that you provided to show that catholics worship Mary can equally be applicable to other saints of the catholic church. In other words, catholics worship not only Mary, but all other saints. Thats why am asking you to explain vividly how we worship Mary. Do we worship Her during the Holy Mass, while praying or what?. Plz enlighten me.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by JohnnieZM(m): 12:29pm On Mar 27, 2012
Rich4god:
You see yourself... I think you are a little bit confused and your claim of being a former catholic is false. All the proofs that you provided to show that catholics worship Mary can equally be applicable to other saints of the catholic church. In other words, catholics worship not only Mary, but all other saints. Thats why am asking you to explain vividly how we worship Mary. Do we worship Her during the Holy Mass, while praying or what?. Plz enlighten me.

Guy don't take this personal but I have highlighted my points up, it is up to you to read and deduce whatever you want from it, I told before and saying it again and again for the 1,000th time Catholics worship Mary in theory but practically they are worshipping the Queen of Heaven (A demonic goddess)....worship also all saints, dead reverend fathers etc. PURE IDOLATRY! So there is nothing you can ever tell me about Catholic Church that I don't know....Take it or leave it. I

I AM SPEAKING AS AN INSIDER!

I rest my case!
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Rich4god(m): 2:57pm On Mar 27, 2012
Johnnie ZM:

Guy don't take this personal but I have highlighted my points up, it is up to you to read and deduce whatever you want from it, I told before and saying it again and again for the 1,000th time Catholics worship Mary in theory but practically they are worshipping the Queen of Heaven (A demonic goddess)....worship also all saints, dead reverend fathers etc. PURE IDOLATRY! So there is nothing you can ever tell me about Catholic Church that I don't know....Take it or leave it. I

I AM SPEAKING AS AN INSIDER!

I rest my case!
You are speaking as an insider that doesnt knw the teaching of the church. 1st, you started by generalizing that catholics dont read the Bible where as it is you as an individual who dont read yours. Queen of heaven ke Demonic goddess ni... Peace be with you.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by JohnnieZM(m): 3:25pm On Mar 27, 2012
Rich4god:
You are speaking as an insider that doesnt knw the teaching of the church. 1st, you started by generalizing that catholics dont read the Bible where as it is you as an individual who dont read yours. Queen of heaven ke Demonic goddess ni... Peace be with you.

Oga you see you don't know the bible....3 year plan? Have you ever heard of 1 year plan? Forget it! Did you even read your bible today?

Anyway for your information the demon behind your Mary Worship is the Queen of Heaven portrayed in Jeremaih 44:19-20

19 The women added, “When we burned incense to the Queen of Heaven and poured out drink offerings to her, did not our husbands know that we were making cakes impressed with her image and pouring out drink offerings to her?”

20 Then Jeremiah said to all the people, both men and women, who were answering him, 21 “Did not the LORD remember and call to mind the incense burned in the towns of Judah and the streets of Jerusalem by you and your ancestors, your kings and your officials and the people of the land? 22 When the LORD could no longer endure your wicked actions and the detestable things you did, your land became a curse and a desolate waste without inhabitants, as it is today. 23 Because you have burned incense and have sinned against the LORD and have not obeyed him or followed his law or his decrees or his stipulations, this disaster has come upon you, as you now see.”

You guys are not really worshipping Mary you are worshipping the demon called the Queen of heaven! Read up http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_of_heaven_(antiquity)
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Rich4god(m): 3:36pm On Mar 27, 2012
Johnnie ZM:

Oga you see you don't know the bible....3 year plan? Have you ever heard of 1 year plan? Forget it! Did you even read your bible today?

Anyway for your information the demon behind your Mary Worship is the Queen of Heaven portrayed in Jeremaih 44:19-20

19 The women added, “When we burned incense to the Queen of Heaven and poured out drink offerings to her, did not our husbands know that we were making cakes impressed with her image and pouring out drink offerings to her?”

20 Then Jeremiah said to all the people, both men and women, who were answering him, 21 “Did not the LORD remember and call to mind the incense burned in the towns of Judah and the streets of Jerusalem by you and your ancestors, your kings and your officials and the people of the land? 22 When the LORD could no longer endure your wicked actions and the detestable things you did, your land became a curse and a desolate waste without inhabitants, as it is today. 23 Because you have burned incense and have sinned against the LORD and have not obeyed him or followed his law or his decrees or his stipulations, this disaster has come upon you, as you now see.”

You guys are not really worshipping Mary you are worshipping the demon called the Queen of heaven! Read up http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_of_heaven_(antiquity)
Hmmm... Kant stop laughing. Is it because of the 3 year plan that makes you think we dont read the bible, now i knw ur problem.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by JohnnieZM(m): 3:51pm On Mar 27, 2012
Rich4god:
Hmmm... Kant stop laughing. Is it because of the 3 year plan that makes you think we dont read the bible, now i knw ur problem.

I'm rolling on the floor myself....you can't even tell me you read you bible today....ahhahaah grin cheesy tongue........Trying to form Bible Scholar! Do you know how many Reverend Fathers have given their lives to Christ? The first one started the First Charismatic Movement...before the church hijacked and corrupt it....(That is the topic for another day)....I have names of the Reverend Fathers and I'm ready to reveal them to you. Guy I have bullets in my guns! I don't fire blanks!

Cheers!
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Mar 27, 2012
[/quote
]179. Johnnie ZM(m): Quote Post

Rich4god:

[quote]

There is no penterascal church which has a compreensive bible study plan like d catholic church.Most penterascal churches hardly read most parts of the scriptures but rather concentrate on those parts which dwell on prosperity.

They only bring up prosperity topics in their sermon and twist selected portions of the scriptures 2 justify their greed.
181. Johnnie ZM(m): Quote Post

Rich4god:

I'm rolling on the floor myself....you can't even tell me you read you bible today....ahhahaah   ........Trying to form Bible Scholar! Do you know how many Reverend Fathers have given their lives to Christ? The first one started the First Charismatic Movement...before the church hijacked and corrupt it....(That is the topic for another day)....I have names of the Reverend Fathers and I'm ready to reveal them to you. Guy I have bullets in my guns! I don't fire blanks!

I can see u have run out of ideas.4rm catholics worshipping mary to now reverend fathers leaving d church
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by JohnnieZM(m): 4:56pm On Mar 27, 2012
[quote author=chukwudi44][/quote]

Speaking of who ran out of ideas, you have not written half of what I wrote and you are saying I'm out of ideas......my friend I have a lot to tell you.....I only have limited time! I can write a book on my belief..... I don't read bible that speaks only on prosperity....I read it from precept unto precept, line unto line, a little here and a little there to keep me equipped! Why do you think I'm so vast and ready to fire back......
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Rich4god(m): 5:31pm On Mar 27, 2012
Really... were you expecting me to answer that your question and wait, when did i tell you or form that am a bible scholar. That was how you concluded that Chukwudi44 insulted you by writing "FYI" in his post... SMH. Its now i know that you are not out for the truth. Peace be with you.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Mar 27, 2012
@JohnieZM

I can see how vast u re.Why don't you interpret those Bible passages I pasted 2 refute ur purgatory assertions.You will only make one claim and when confronted wit d truth will jump 2 another ridiculous assertion.

@Richgod

It is obvious this guy is just being miscievious.How on earth can someone who claimed to have been a devoted catholic claim that catholics don't read bible @ mass what fallacy!!!

When confronted with refutals he changed it to reading selected passages only and finally he is now into the three year bible study plan.

He quoted Jeremiah where the isrealites worshipped the "queen of heaven" as claim that catholics worship Mary.This is d height of stupidity.

The Jeremiah passage occured centuries either Mary ot the RCC existed and has absolutely nothing 2 do with them
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Ogamgil(f): 7:37am On Mar 28, 2012

1. Heaven
3. Final Damnation
Beloved, do not be fooled there are only two ways which Jesus our Saviour painted vividly to us in Matt 7:13-14 and Luke 13:24-30; the narrow way which leads to life eternal (heaven) and the broad way which leads to destruction (damnation or hell). See if there is another way Jesus would have told us expressly! Remember now the story of the rich man and Lazarus? Two places – Abraham’s bosom (Heaven) and Hell – no purgatory! (Luke 16:19-31) Need not say more; just read the book of Revelations and you’ll see that purgatory does not exist!!!!

Catholics Vs. Dead bodies: Exhuming the dead is occultism and not to be practiced in church. Elisha was a prophet who received double portion of Elijah’s anointing, so the fact that his bones raised a dead man was to complete the miracles he was ordained to perform. U talk as if u see nothing gud in the catholic church. Hav u head of this sayn " soldier go soldier come barrak must remain" u wer formerly a catholic as u claim, and uve left "SO WHAT" as people ar living more are entering. The tin is what we catholics belive in works 4 us. If u hav a problem with it hug transformer ul see ul get better. I WAS born a catholic brought up a catholic and by Gods grace die as a catholic.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Ogamgil(f): 7:39am On Mar 28, 2012

1. Heaven
3. Final Damnation

Catholics Vs. Dead bodies: Exhuming the dead is occultism and not to be practiced in church. Elisha was a prophet who received double portion of Elijah’s anointing, so the fact that his bones raised a dead man was to complete the miracles he was ordained to perform. U talk as if u see nothing gud in the catholic church. Hav u head of this sayn " soldier go soldier come barrak must remain" u wer formerly a catholic as u claim, and uve left "SO WHAT" as people ar living more are entering. The tin is what we catholics belive in works 4 us. If u hav a problem with it hug transformer ul see ul get better. I WAS born a catholic brought up a catholic and by Gods grace die as a catholic.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Rich4god(m): 8:17am On Mar 28, 2012
Hmmm... Ogamgil easy abeg.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by JohnnieZM(m): 10:34am On Mar 28, 2012
chukwudi44: @JohnieZM

I can see how vast u re.Why don't you interpret those Bible passages I pasted 2 refute ur purgatory assertions.You will only make one claim and when confronted wit d truth will jump 2 another ridiculous assertion.

@Richgod

It is obvious this guy is just being miscievious.How on earth can someone who claimed to have been a devoted catholic claim that catholics don't read bible @ mass what fallacy!!!

When confronted with refutals he changed it to reading selected passages only and finally he is now into the three year bible study plan.

He quoted Jeremiah where the isrealites worshipped the "queen of heaven" as claim that catholics worship Mary.This is d height of stupidity.

The Jeremiah passage occured centuries either Mary ot the RCC existed and has absolutely nothing 2 do with them

Guy none of ur claim is true....baseless...in time I will answer you, just that I'm kinda busy but before evening expect my reply. You are quoting me wrong....not reading the bible like I said in not to be taken litrarily.....deep reading. Come on you guys read the bible like story book!!!!! Be realistic!
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by JohnnieZM(m): 10:38am On Mar 28, 2012
Rich4god: Really... were you expecting me to answer that your question and wait, when did i tell you or form that am a bible scholar. That was how you concluded that Chukwudi44 insulted you by writing "FYI" in his post... SMH. Its now i know that you are not out for the truth. Peace be with you.

Running away is a very good defencive mechanism when you are defeated! Read his comment and why didn't he answer me when I asked him? I was once like you always looking for means of defending my Catholic beliefs with baseless arguments!
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Rich4god(m): 10:54am On Mar 28, 2012
Hmmm... Am not running away, infact, its you who is running away. I have been singing to you to tell me how we worship Mary... Is it during the mass, during our prayers, or is it by our actions?, but you went ahead and started quoting Jeremiah and the queen of heaven. And now, you are saying that we read the bible like a story book... SMH, i thought you said that we dont read the bible at all. Well, as a brother in Christ, plz teach me how to read the bible deeply since am sure that since you left RCC you have found the way/method of reading it deeply. Peace be with you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? / My Experience With The Jehovah's Witnesses Organization / The Worrying State Of House Of The Rock Cathedral Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.