Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,085 members, 7,957,052 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:00 AM

Occupy Nairaland - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Occupy Nairaland (10943 Views)

Occupy Nairaland: Free Pagan9ja / OCCUPY NAIRALAND: Mukina Must Leave Nairaland.. / #occupy Nairaland: A Protest,if U Are Against Tribalism On Nl! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Occupy Nairaland by DualCore1: 2:52pm On Mar 11, 2012
Missy_B: Why can't I find the 200+ messages in my inbox and outbox? Some of them are important to me, please. Can I have 'em back.
#OccupyNairaland grin **Waves the old nairaland flag** cheesy

You! Don't reply please angry
I no know why I to dey love babes wey no get heart. angry
Re: Occupy Nairaland by Dyt(f): 2:54pm On Mar 11, 2012
Anoda ish s sm posts even comes 4tyms
Smh at d new development
Re: Occupy Nairaland by MissyB3(f): 3:10pm On Mar 11, 2012
Dual Core: Day 1 and we are already having serious problems with load. If the poor graphics don't chase people away the fact that they have to wait longer for pages to load will.
This cant be just my connection. I loaded 3 other (uncached) sites in the time I was waiting for this page to load.

Enjoy.
I thought I was the only one having the problem.
The site is slow, it take time for pages to load.
#OccupyNairaland grin

Dual Core:

You! Don't reply please angry
I no know why I to dey love babes wey no get heart. angry
Yori yori! Na you steal my heart na, so you suppose love me even with the void. tongue
I've missed you eh. kiss
Re: Occupy Nairaland by Nobody: 3:12pm On Mar 11, 2012
This new site is not good at all. Everything is scattered and everywhere. Seun, how can you do this naw? Other sites are upgrading gracefully and this one is getting more inferior. Abeg, change it before I come back next time...mschew.
Re: Occupy Nairaland by ProfJYK(m): 3:50pm On Mar 11, 2012
OCCUPY NAIRALAND!
OCCUPY NAIRALAND!!
OCCUPY NAIRALAND!!!

wait o, hope this steam won't fizzle out like every other Naija "Occupy" movement
Re: Occupy Nairaland by Idowuogbo(f): 3:58pm On Mar 11, 2012
freecocoa: Take time o,who is a toddler,don't even get me started.

hehehehehehe

It dey pain u ni?

Asanwa mummmy grin grin grin grin
Re: Occupy Nairaland by Idowuogbo(f): 3:58pm On Mar 11, 2012
freecocoa: Take time o,who is a toddler,don't even get me started.

hehehehehehe

It dey pain u ni?

Asanwa mummmy grin grin grin grin
Re: Occupy Nairaland by cantell(m): 4:01pm On Mar 11, 2012
Osiris.212:
. . . .And the herd mentality symdrome continues! "Its hurts my eyes","I couldn't cum while self servicing cos of the new theme", shocked shocked. . . .. "My dad just divorced my mom cos of the new nairaland". Nigerians are really funny.
There's no herd mentality in this.
The new look is horrible and it strains the eye.
It's not friendly especially to people who read a lot on the forum.
I'm a member in some other forums who changed their site design and graphics. Their new look, beats the hell out of the old one.
I can't say the same about this one. I love the direct quote and the like button, aside from that, the rest is crap.
Re: Occupy Nairaland by http(m): 4:12pm On Mar 11, 2012
Seun, this might be my last reply or post in Nairaland, a word is enough for the wise, revert to the old site or i jettison ur site angry Don't go the way of ur broda Uncle Jona...
Re: Occupy Nairaland by http(m): 4:12pm On Mar 11, 2012
Seun, this might be my last reply or post in Nairaland, a word is enough for the wise, revert to the old site or i jettison ur site angry Don't go the way of ur broda Uncle Jona... Is this a sort of Blackmail, if u think we can't leave ur site, then u must be on a cheap weed angry angry angry
Re: Occupy Nairaland by kosovo(m): 4:16pm On Mar 11, 2012
So i was forced to make a comment on this induco indux inductum development.

Obviously Nairaland was 7 years some few days ago, using the default and discredited smf forum script, which perhaps had alot of bugs and gave constant laboro to the guys who manage and curo the site. Still, they were undetered and came up with this masterpiece. Honestly, the Supreme Military Commander of Nairaland took a step in the right direction, it has become more social and from my findings after reading all the posts, most people are only angered by the load time, forsit forsan forsitan because it is new. I expect the Load time to improve within the comming days.

I must say that I am dumbfounded by the very dumb and unintelligent posts I read here, but as I know the supreme military commander of Nairaland, he wont buldge for any reason.

Bravo!

1 Like

Re: Occupy Nairaland by cantell(m): 4:18pm On Mar 11, 2012
http: Seun, Don't go the way of ur broda Uncle Jona... Is this a sort of Blackmail, if u think we can't leave ur site, then u must be on a cheap weed angry angry angry
Lwkmd! I don die! Crazy people plenty for Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Occupy Nairaland by cantell(m): 4:19pm On Mar 11, 2012
Re: Occupy Nairaland by Killz3(m): 4:32pm On Mar 11, 2012
dustydee: [size=19pt]He hasnt said anything because you guys don't matter. tongue He's got ya'll hooked on NL.[/size]
Re: Occupy Nairaland by Mobinga: 4:35pm On Mar 11, 2012
I approve of the powerful new look.
Re: Occupy Nairaland by Idowuogbo(f): 4:39pm On Mar 11, 2012
Mobinga: I approve of the powerful new look.

Liar!

I bet u've rolled over to Naijapal for shares.

Nansense! angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Occupy Nairaland by Mobinga: 4:44pm On Mar 11, 2012
Hahaha I sent you a friend request. cool

It's about time we finally smashed.
Re: Occupy Nairaland by Weselion1(m): 4:47pm On Mar 11, 2012
If he can add more features to this one like signature,friend request etc and also change the themes,this one looks as if i'm suffering from colour blindness.
You can also add a switch to old version button at the top of the page.

1 Like

Re: Occupy Nairaland by Esinwaju: 4:49pm On Mar 11, 2012
Where is the NLC(Nairalander's labour congress)?

1 Like

Re: Occupy Nairaland by manny4life(m): 5:04pm On Mar 11, 2012
This new site is just straining my eyes, I can't even deal with the font blueish colors, like wtf? Anyway, Seun carry on, only time will tell about your traffic stats. Change is good but what's the use of change when the majority detest it? Take a cue from Google (successful) and Yahoo (failure), these two companies offer the same services, however, one failed woefully to listen to its audience and for that reason, they are in serious limbo today.

I love changes, but changes has to be about implementing what the people want. I'm no expert in website designing so I don't know about the SMF version (like many have said), but what I do know is, you failed in the execution of "Planning"; one of the four functions of management. NL was 7years old few days ago, based upon corrective opinions, if you planned 2/3 years ago, for this day such as collecting random data ( I mean you don't have robust analytics to gather internet behavioral activities like Google does), trust and believe, you would have come a long way in understanding what exactly the Nairaland community wants.

This is perfect failure in execution of planning, which led to the next part; Organizing. The total flaw of the organization and transition of NL spoke volume; as you can see, the organization of the whole site is nothing to write home about. Now with time, while you're trying to correct the organization of the whole thing due to negative opinion and bad reaction, you may think you are, you will flaw in the leading and controlling part of the entire project. This will crumble the entire project IF corrective measures are not in place to ensure such DO NOT happen. I love NL and I hate to see it fail because it did not PLAN and execute it's priorities well.

1 Like

Re: Occupy Nairaland by MrResource(m): 5:16pm On Mar 11, 2012
Lol @ comments. . .we'll eventually get used to it cool

Lol @ Viewing this Topic grin grin grin
Re: Occupy Nairaland by kemiola89(f): 5:27pm On Mar 11, 2012
my eyes hurts, i think the old colour is far more better than dis, oga seun pls do something about it
Re: Occupy Nairaland by omokidew: 5:29pm On Mar 11, 2012
tongue

1 Like

Re: Occupy Nairaland by onyengbu: 5:33pm On Mar 11, 2012
[size=28pt]All I am sayinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg give me old siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite[/size]

Thats how you occupy!
Re: Occupy Nairaland by jmaine: 5:43pm On Mar 11, 2012
[size=16pt] Wetin be this[/size]
Re: Occupy Nairaland by jmaine: 5:44pm On Mar 11, 2012
Double Post Edited
Re: Occupy Nairaland by Idowuogbo(f): 5:54pm On Mar 11, 2012
jmaine: Double Post Edited

Hehe u get time to edit post o, at dis stage posting 50 times is allowed. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Occupy Nairaland by onyengbu: 5:56pm On Mar 11, 2012
jmaine: [size=16pt] Wetin be this[/size]

You mean this:?
[size=18pt]
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt[/size]

guess Seun Didnt see this one coming. he can truncate long text or he forgot?
Re: Occupy Nairaland by jmaine: 6:05pm On Mar 11, 2012
Idowuogbo:

Hehe u get time to edit post o, at dis stage posting 50 times is allowed. grin grin

[size=16pt]Where the occupy Nairaland rally go hold na . . .[/size]
Re: Occupy Nairaland by jmaine: 6:05pm On Mar 11, 2012
Idowuogbo:

Re: Occupy Nairaland by Idowuogbo(f): 6:08pm On Mar 11, 2012
jmaine:

In Jos grin grin grin
Re: Occupy Nairaland by jmaine: 6:11pm On Mar 11, 2012
onye_ngbu*:

You mean this:?
[size=18pt]
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt[/size]

guess Seun Didnt see this one coming. he can truncate long text or he forgot?

Actually was referring to our new inglorious site . . .Though am planning on getting used to it . . .for the mean time pending sweeping changes. . .If they should ever arrive

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Reported New DSTV Channel 240 Because Of Cr7's Move To Saudi Arabia False / Pictures ; Human/dog Hybrid / Four Storey Mall Collapses In Accra, Ghana.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.