Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,164 members, 7,818,537 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

Occupy Nairaland - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Occupy Nairaland (10798 Views)

Occupy Nairaland: Free Pagan9ja / OCCUPY NAIRALAND: Mukina Must Leave Nairaland.. / #occupy Nairaland: A Protest,if U Are Against Tribalism On Nl! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Occupy Nairaland by baslone: 11:37am On Mar 11, 2012
The only constant thing in life is CHANGE! grin
Re: Occupy Nairaland by mekaboy(m): 11:37am On Mar 11, 2012
[size=28pt]DAY 1 ON OCCUPY NAIRALAND grin grin grin grin grin grin, SEUN U BETTER REVERSE ITS GETTING HOTTER.[/size]

Re: Occupy Nairaland by kkkossy(m): 11:41am On Mar 11, 2012
Nigerians and there mindset-always critisizing someone else's good work. SMH
Seun, kudos to u. At least if it weren't for u there won't be nairaland in the first place.
Re: Occupy Nairaland by tollu: 11:47am On Mar 11, 2012
I'm finding it really hard to get used to this. Really hard
Re: Occupy Nairaland by dROC1: 11:48am On Mar 11, 2012
Seun,

I've been with this site since inception, even knew about your participation in mobilenigeria.
This is clearly a step in the wrong direction. The site now looks and feels like the defunct nairalist (we all know what happened to that site).

Facebook lost market share to twitter when the design kept being changed without carrying the actual users along.
Don't let the same be said of nairaland.
Re: Occupy Nairaland by DualCore1: 11:53am On Mar 11, 2012
Relax guys, this is a work in progress. Get ready to report lots of (disgraceful) bugs.

I'll start:

Log out of Nairaland and then view this link below as a guest:
https://www.nairaland.com/login

The page presented before you is a login form where you are expected to place your username and password.
Now don't put any username and password and hit the Login button.

What do you get?

A blank page with the word "wrong password".

Was this site someone's PHP classwork?

On that same page, before you press the login button. Do you notice there are just 2 form fields with no labels on them? It is expected that all of us should know the top if for username and the bottom is for password. How intuitive!

The error handling on the entire site is classwork standard and should not be on a live site.
if(!$login_successful){
echo "wrong password";
}

Enough kids will try all sorts of injection attempts on this site as the forms are weakly or not even validated before being processed.
What's the next surprise? Our passwords are stored in clear text. It wont surprise me though.
As a web developer, I am embarrassed.

1 Like

Re: Occupy Nairaland by dripstoil: 11:55am On Mar 11, 2012
Even the 'Page count" read from "0" zero instead of "1" one grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Seriously, the developers need to face Firing Squard

1 Like

Re: Occupy Nairaland by matrixme(m): 11:55am On Mar 11, 2012
I should know why Nigerians are generally hostile towards Change. But warts and all, since when isn't surfing an improved version of Nairaland safe? Kudos to this next idea of Nairaland!
Re: Occupy Nairaland by Nobody: 12:08pm On Mar 11, 2012
goldenval: This new nairaland hurt my eyes.. Don't like it at all, please give us back our old nairalander and the worst thing about this new design is that it took long to locate one particular topic.

Whoever suggested this idea is not a professional webmaster! sad sad
So on point...seun pls dis new nairaland z archaic in nature
Re: Occupy Nairaland by gbconcepts: 12:09pm On Mar 11, 2012
THUNDER & LIGHTNING! Where the Cuckoo is my beloved HOME button which returns me to the Front page?
How in the name of Angels Micah to Angelina Jolie are folks to deduce it is now the blighted "Nairaland Forum" above?

Now this guy has made me cuss on Sunday

WAIT!!
Did the "Nairaland Forum" background change to Blue of all colors on mouse over? Jeepers!!!

Plz,plz,plz SEUN save NL.
Re: Occupy Nairaland by ITbomb(m): 12:13pm On Mar 11, 2012
Page 0?
:-( no fit laugh
Re: Occupy Nairaland by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 12:21pm On Mar 11, 2012
Na wa for una o. Which one of una fit do wetin Seun don do for the past seven years? Abeg seun u dey try. Just continue to improve on your work

1 Like

Re: Occupy Nairaland by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 12:21pm On Mar 11, 2012
Na wa for una o. Which one of una fit do wetin Seun don do for the past seven years? Abeg seun u dey try. Just continue to improve on your work
Re: Occupy Nairaland by kokoA(m): 12:21pm On Mar 11, 2012
Like GEJ Like Seun. angryLike GEJ Like Seun. Na website be dis?
Re: Occupy Nairaland by ogbongzky(m): 12:24pm On Mar 11, 2012
Ibanga p: Pls somebody should help me, i cant find the smileys o, and am postin frm my mobile, can sombody tell me were i can find dem?

i guess you need to read the Nairaland 2.0 Userguide.
Re: Occupy Nairaland by bunmioguns(m): 12:27pm On Mar 11, 2012
i love dis new NL, it rocks well on my mobile unlike before....kip it up Man
Re: Occupy Nairaland by mcnepow(m): 12:27pm On Mar 11, 2012
Seun and his team,
PLEASE ADOPT JUST 3 COLOURS. ABEG BIKO EJOR O! Too much colouring is a huge deviation from our nairaland, e dey turn my eyes. U can add oda colours in 2019 future. Please do this for me (lemme keep my oda requestS for now).
I hav also not been able to locate my 'updated topics'.
Re: Occupy Nairaland by ceejayluv(m): 12:30pm On Mar 11, 2012
freecocoa: Give him "credit" for developing crap?mscheew,is this site for 9 years old kids?seun needs slaps not any Bleep ing credit.
Toddler's rant! Dnt worry, u'll soon get used to it.

1 Like

Re: Occupy Nairaland by mkmyers45(m): 12:35pm On Mar 11, 2012
Dual Core: Relax guys, this is a work in progress. Get ready to report lots of (disgraceful) bugs.

I'll start:

Log out of Nairaland and then view this link below as a guest:
https://www.nairaland.com/login

The page presented before you is a login form where you are expected to place your username and password.
Now don't put any username and password and hit the Login button.

What do you get?

A blank page with the word "wrong password".

Was this site someone's PHP classwork?

On that same page, before you press the login button. Do you notice there are just 2 form fields with no labels on them? It is expected that all of us should know the top if for username and the bottom is for password. How intuitive!

The error handling on the entire site is classwork standard and should not be on a live site.
if(!$login_successful){
echo "wrong password";
}

Enough kids will try all sorts of injection attempts on this site as the forms are weakly or not even validated before being processed.
What's the next surprise? Our passwords are stored in clear text. It wont surprise me though.
As a web developer, I am embarrassed.

Exactly what i noticed. The site launch was rushed because some links and functions are disjointed

1 Like

Re: Occupy Nairaland by semid4lyfe(m): 12:36pm On Mar 11, 2012
TERRIBLE!

Boycotting Nairaland until Seun comes to his senses
Re: Occupy Nairaland by namfav(m): 12:44pm On Mar 11, 2012
what it means is that seun is re-inventing the wheel? what features here can't you find in any software, why couldn't he buy a superior software, we dont care if he can add things himself the site looks now like it has aids

Sam Milla: Clmon guys, this one is a custom software. This one is nairaland. The old one was SMF on a nairaland domain. No matter how ugly this one looks, it affords us freedom to develop and add whatever feature we want. We got used to petrol at 97/L. We will get used to this.

1 Like

Re: Occupy Nairaland by DualCore1: 12:48pm On Mar 11, 2012
mkmyers45: Exactly what i noticed. The site launch was rushed because some links and functions are disjointed

And I am wondering what the rush was for. A custom-made forum application for the biggest forum in the biggest country in West Africa could not pass through a software development process or any quality assurance and testing before being released?

What? Did SMF give this place an ultimatum?

Accept this guys or just move on with your lives. If you have stayed here long enough you should know this is a one-man thing and even Ngozi Okonjomukina grin has no say in this.

Where is Mukina sef? My sweet wife wey run lemme.
Re: Occupy Nairaland by ola4yinka(m): 12:50pm On Mar 11, 2012
The search result is baaaaaad !
Re: Occupy Nairaland by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 12:52pm On Mar 11, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Something is wrong with seun.whoever told him to adopt this nonsense should be stoned.nl now looks like that becomrich site .Finding posts is stressful,no display of recent post when replying.does anyone know seun mobile number so i can talk with him ?

lol, so someone actually remembers becomrich's site. forgotten d name now, lol
Re: Occupy Nairaland by Obipat(m): 12:53pm On Mar 11, 2012
Anytin u do people must talk
Re: Occupy Nairaland by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 12:54pm On Mar 11, 2012
semid4lyfe: TERRIBLE!

Boycotting Nairaland until Seun comes to his senses

well, get ready to sustain your boycott forever
Re: Occupy Nairaland by xterra2(m): 12:57pm On Mar 11, 2012
i agree with you
i cant even see smileys
seun what the mess is wrong with you ?
Re: Occupy Nairaland by desertboom(m): 1:02pm On Mar 11, 2012
mekaboy: [size=26pt] ALL WE ARE SAYINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG, GIVE US OLD SITE grin grin[/size]
seconded
Re: Occupy Nairaland by Nobody: 1:08pm On Mar 11, 2012
The new site got more functions compared to the previous. imh, its a welcomed impoverishment
Re: Occupy Nairaland by stpat1(m): 1:10pm On Mar 11, 2012
this version is kinda too bright. will affect the eyes when looked at for too long
Re: Occupy Nairaland by stpat1(m): 1:11pm On Mar 11, 2012
though I prefer this in terms of simplicity which is what a site should be all about but he should just make it cool its too bright
Re: Occupy Nairaland by Nobody: 1:13pm On Mar 11, 2012
6 hours of boycot starts right about now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Wears Wedding Gown In A Gay Wedding ( Photo ) / Whose Forum Signature Do You Like Most? / Why The Tiger (not The Lion) Is The True King Of The Jungle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.