Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,705 members, 7,827,574 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? (6916 Views)

Feeling ‘reborn’ As A Muslim, Ex-playboy Bunny Insists On Keeping Chinese Name / Non-alcoholic Beer For Muslims, Is It Haram? / 'Islam For Muslims' Library (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? by mercenaryx(m): 11:46am On Mar 11, 2012
adaybayor: @mercenaryx.................u are a fo.ol of the highest order

an insult well recieved. Last time I checked I am entitled to my own opinions.... nO??
Re: Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? by olsmade(m): 11:47am On Mar 11, 2012
For the overwhelming majority of the knowledgeable scholars, the stricter opinion of the beard being wajib is taken. Habib Ali said that it would be despicable for a student of sacred knowledge to shave his beard as well as for anyone who sincerely wishes to follow the footsteps of our beloved Prophet (salla Allahu alayhi wa sallam).

Trimming the beard is permissible and the most recommended length is a fist-length. Be careful not to trim you beard to the point where it no longer fits the definition: the hair that *sprouts* (nabit) from the chin.

Finally, (and this is very important), Habib Ali stated that we should remember that the beard in its essence is not a criterion for taqwa. People of other religions have been known to grow very long beards, but that says nothing of their position with Allah. To look at another Muslim and judge his closeness to Allah by the length of his beard (or whether he has one for that matter) would be a grave mistake.

Culled from Sunnipath.com
Full article @ http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.asp?HD=3&ID=2238&CATE=414
Re: Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? by mercenaryx(m): 11:52am On Mar 11, 2012
Please the moderator didn't ask for the synoptic gospel of Isha Allah... He only asked a simple question so we need no religious brouhaha on some bunkum infested preachings.

1 Like

Re: Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? by emmykolz(m): 12:19pm On Mar 11, 2012
<marquee> hahahahah</marquee>

1 Like

Re: Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? by gidiMonsta(m): 1:12pm On Mar 11, 2012
mercenaryx:

an insult well recieved. Last time I checked I am entitled to my own opinions.... nO??

So calling over 1 billion human beings goat is an opinion? Your stupidity definitely knows no bounds.
Re: Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? by apacheguy: 1:18pm On Mar 11, 2012
mercenaryx: You have the correct conception. They all are goats!
Does that mean JESUS himself is a goat since he wears beards also
Abraham is also a goat
Jacob and all mentioned men of God in the Bible are all goats
...it'll be good and excellent if you can make use of your brain and see beyond the message being by the propaganda from the media
Re: Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? by moderattor: 1:19pm On Mar 11, 2012
Ojukwu is a muslim!
Disprove!

Re: Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? by gendebs(m): 1:24pm On Mar 11, 2012
na wa 4 pple on Nairaland, Jesus kept beards. Una see Jesus physical? Pls say what you know and not what you assume

1 Like

Re: Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? by gendebs(m): 1:26pm On Mar 11, 2012
na wa 4 pple on Nairaland, Jesus kept beards. Una see Jesus physical? Pls say what you know and not what you assume
Re: Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? by KINGwax(m): 1:39pm On Mar 11, 2012
kinstinct: Beard keeping is an encouraged tradition of Islam. Some school of taught consider it a must for those that have.
Common sense also tells me that God gave us a choice to keep or not to. it was not a mistake that men grow beard just like the hair on our heads.
yes,not a mistake jst like d hair of our armpits. We can leave too
Re: Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? by MeGaStReEt: 1:41pm On Mar 11, 2012
He Goat
Re: Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? by Leyelyzo: 1:42pm On Mar 11, 2012
rafhell:

more like satanic

I hope you are not reading with your nose
Re: Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? by apacheguy: 1:43pm On Mar 11, 2012
gendebs: na wa 4 pple on Nairaland, Jesus kept beards. Una see Jesus physical? Pls say what you know and not what you assume
seeing JESUS or not seeing him physical is not the issue, but in what image have you christian been presenting him...
you present him with beards that is to show nobility in keeping beards and also of other men of GOD as described in the bible, dont dear deny it, i can get you series of different versions of bible with pictures, and also in your films telling the story of these men of GOD, they are presented in the form of men wearing beards so pls make use of your senses.
if you can't take pride in looking like your prophet dont blame people who are proud of their prophet and take pride in looking like him.
Re: Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? by Leyelyzo: 1:44pm On Mar 11, 2012
moderattor: Ojukwu is a muslim!
Disprove!

He get moustache
Re: Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? by IYANGBALI: 1:48pm On Mar 11, 2012
yes o,by their fruits sorry i mean by their beards we shall know them

1 Like

Re: Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? by KINGwax(m): 1:48pm On Mar 11, 2012
kinstinct: Beard keeping is an encouraged tradition of Islam. Some school of taught consider it a must for those that have.
Common sense also tells me that God gave us a choice to keep or not to. it was not a mistake that men grow beard just like the hair on our heads.
yes,not a mistake jst like d hair of our armpits. We can leave too
Re: Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? by Leyelyzo: 1:51pm On Mar 11, 2012
ceejay80s: na who tell u say keeping beards na their religion? Point of correction: almost all Jesus christ disciples get beards so which one be say na their religion, all i know is that they all have wicked mind and taughts

Oh! so you know jesus christ desciples did have beards? Not only that even up till now, the jewish monks(rabbis) did have beards. Are they goats too?
Re: Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? by Leyelyzo: 1:59pm On Mar 11, 2012
mercenaryx: And who said Jesus Christ and the rest folks you mentioned had bears.. Did you see them in person or you just saw them in some Jehovah's witness pamphlets?. Please be wise. Beard keeping is not only "goatish" but also diabolic.

And Ojukwu, Peter Fatomilola, and the jews are goatish and diabolic. Its an overstatement liking your brain to that of a cockroach
Re: Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? by gidiMonsta(m): 2:52pm On Mar 11, 2012
gendebs: na wa 4 pple on Nairaland, Jesus kept beards. Una see Jesus physical? Pls say what you know and not what you assume

From historical reports, you would not be considered a man without beards in that period. Except you're insinuating Jesus wasn't a man.
Re: Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? by olasdot: 4:11pm On Mar 11, 2012

YOU ARE THE BIGGEST FOOL IN THIS WORLD. If you do not have something good to say, why can't you just keep mute. You are nothing but a capital FOOL. Your family na GOATS
Re: Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? by lepasharon(f): 4:11pm On Mar 11, 2012
the infamous terrorist beard grin
Re: Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? by olasdot: 4:11pm On Mar 11, 2012

YOU ARE THE BIGGEST FOOL IN THIS WORLD. If you do not have something good to say, why can't you just keep mute. You are nothing but a capital FOOL. Your family na GOATS
Re: Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? by lepasharon(f): 4:11pm On Mar 11, 2012
the infamous terrorist beard grin
Re: Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? by rezzy: 4:34pm On Mar 11, 2012
vanariso: Just like leyelyzo said It is prescribed to be an identity for muslims such that when you see someone with beards and the moustache shaved, you could easily identify them as muslims and not rabbi (a jew)
Plus there is a reward attached to that. It is sunatic
[i][/i]
My perspective......It baffles me how so many Christians dont know some very important things about Muslims and Islam.....You dont care...right.....so u prefer violating your neighbor of several years over and over again and claim he (muslims)is/are intolerant?
Simple rationale should tell you that knowing ur neigbhour inside-out will only promote peace ( like an old Yoruba proverb)...so if u want to leave in harmony....as Jesus and christianity preaches.. ..know ur neigbhours..simple.... and dont forget..these ur neigbhours are ineveitable..we meet in buses,in class, at work,every where and yet .....you dont get it...to me you just dont want to get it.....just like my in-law....
Now check this out....to those saying people with bears are goats...was Abraham Lincoln a goat..lets go deeper..would you say Moses was a goat, or Abraham,Gods friend ...was a goat or even Jesus. Just think before you talk...You say all sort of things about our wives because they cover their beauty...have u consider your nuns...who is unlike Mary, the mother of Jesus between covered Muslim women and Christian women...even the men..with beards..Muslims look more like all the prophets ..Noah, Job, Jonah..and all....
If ALexi lalas(former American football player wears a goatie(beard) he is cute ,even James Lebrom,Ojukwu,Brad pit and Justin Timbalake are celebrities with beard...but let them say they are Muslims..then they are Terrorist....i know you will twist this and say am crazy....I dont wear beard and am not a graduate but I understand this much.....Christians ... am amazed with all ur knowledge and doctorate degrees.. u just dont and cant get it...Think....sorry..stop thinking...
This thread should have been...why dont christians wear beard like Jesus...when Jews wear beards and mustache like their prophet, and Muslims wear beard like their prophet.
How do you know Jesus had beard?
Re: Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? by thedon18: 4:37pm On Mar 11, 2012
You must b a fool for calling other people goat,invarably u're calling all d prophets in the bible goat,kindly tel me a single prophet and their deciples who didnt grow beards?. We shoud not allow a simple question to cause abuses.
Re: Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? by thedon18: 4:40pm On Mar 11, 2012
You must b a fool for calling other people goat,invarably u're calling all d prophets in the bible goat,kindly tel me a single prophet and their deciples who didnt grow beards?. We shoud not allow a simple question to cause abuses.
Re: Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? by deols(f): 4:40pm On Mar 11, 2012
It can be annoying when they talk evil of Islam. They see it alright to insult Muslims and our belief. But how does the Qur'an ask us to speak of them-

And do not abuse those whom they call upon besides Allah,(i.e their gods)lest exceeding the limits they should abuse Allah out of ignorance. Thus have We made fair seeming to every people their deeds; then to their Lord shall be their return, so He will inform them of what they did. [Quran, chapter-6, Verse-108][b][/b]
Re: Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? by tbaba1234: 5:16pm On Mar 11, 2012
You will surely be tested in your possessions and in yourselves. And you will surely hear from those who were given the Scripture before you and from those who associate others with God much abuse. But if you are patient and fear God – indeed, that is of the matters [worthy] of determination. (surah 3:186)
Re: Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? by afm4ever(m): 6:05pm On Mar 11, 2012
ekwy nwa:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
this one sweet u well well lol
Re: Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? by doofanc: 6:48pm On Mar 11, 2012
rezzy:
How do you know Jesus had beard?

since it was and still is the tradition of Jews keep long beards, it logical to conclude the Jesus must have had one.
Re: Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? by mercenaryx(m): 7:25pm On Mar 11, 2012
Let me officially apologise for the impudent statement which I earlier made. It is as a result of my prejudices and hatred I have towards the Islam religion. I apologise for the mis-conduct.
Re: Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? by ziccoit: 8:41pm On Mar 11, 2012
If you people love Jesus and truly want to be like him, you would follow his very step which includes bear keeping.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Smoking Shisha Haram? / Religious Authority, Sistani Condemns Cursing Prophet Mohammed’s Companions / Why Must The Muslims Pray Towards The East?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.