Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,336 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:59 AM

Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] (6453 Views)

Happy New Month To Seun And All Nairalanders / An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members / Topic-Based [Following] & New Topic Bugfix (New Nairaland Update) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by KINGwax(m): 9:44pm On Mar 13, 2012
PurerareGold: So I am finally on nl, read almost all ya post for months. Anyways, I just want †☺ say I like killz,mrs chima,freecocoa,sigmudfreud(hope I am correct).
YOU DEY MADT MI. All those destructive critics na them you like abi. Anyway's we aint going to the old, u either help develope the new or deactivate yourself!
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by FrenchyL(m): 9:52pm On Mar 13, 2012
Hello Seun. I must commend you for the great work you're doing. I love the new interface. It is more colourful and now I can reply posts and see pictures from my Blackberry,which I couldn't do with the old interface. Keep up the great work!

1 Like

Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by Latty88(f): 10:16pm On Mar 13, 2012
I really luv dis nw look bc I can view pix on my BB unlyk d former one. Great job Seun
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by nlofficial(m): 10:34pm On Mar 13, 2012
The new interface is fuc[i]k[/i]ing childish. Trust me.
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by God2man(m): 10:38pm On Mar 13, 2012
You are doing a great Job. Oga seun. I detest stagnancy. For progress to be made, there must be movement, which is eqiuvalent to changing from the old one to the new one. It is the only way to make progress in life. God bless you. God2man.
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by ridgeman: 10:42pm On Mar 13, 2012
Not bad, takes getting used to...
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by 2mch(m): 10:46pm On Mar 13, 2012
Just change it back!!! Is this new interface cheaper? because na wa o. Seun you are trying to embezzle more money from your investors by putting up this cheap nonsense. Well the only good thing is that i cannot see the moderators threatening messages. lipsrsealed
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by BlakkBoi(m): 10:57pm On Mar 13, 2012
I honestly don't believe that after many years that Nairaland will still be running on the simplemachine and with the same old theme. The fact is that Seun is afraid of any change that might make Nairaland lose user interaction. But the fact is that there is no user interaction going on, people just post countless replies that a new visitor would probably not have the patience to read and be in tune with what's going on. Nairaland is not social, common man, we live in a social age.

You can achieve anything with open source CMS software, all you need is forward thinking creative minds and programmers. Most social media start up these days start with open source CMS and over time, make countless changes to the codes to achieve a desired result which will definitely be the beginning of something "aweomer". So my guy, embrace the future, you are already blessed with underutilized user-base.

Stop being an Ijebu man, open up and let the right minds help you get this piece to where it deserves to be.

I used to believe in sole-proprietorship until I met someone who happens to own one of the big micro finance houses in Nigeria. He proved to me that truly, one tree cannot make a forest no matter the size, and two heads are definitely better than one.

Nairaland might be your prized asset, but it's way under utilized. Good luck!
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by MarcAnthon(m): 11:01pm On Mar 13, 2012
this is so not it. really affecting my sight. everything is chaotic and compressed. some people just like change for the sake of it, but change does not always mean progress. the old site could have been optimized for phone apps, while leaving the layout as it was. With this current layout i find it really diff to stay put reading a topic for more than 10mins at a time. Not sure i've been on nl for more than 30 mins since sunday. decompress it. leave posters' info on the left side, the entire horizontal thing is not reader friendly. it's your call though, but i know you have lost me on this one. goodluck
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:23pm On Mar 13, 2012
Seriously though, have you guys given thought to the fact that some other site agent wants to bring Nairaland down and suggested this obviously very dumb website to seun?

Where the heck did my post count go? Every serious forum has that displayed no? Most people want to get really good information jsut go straight to people with a large number of posts and read their views. Now I have to calculate the bloody minutes.

SHEEEESH talk about a bad move! angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by bizybrain(m): 11:31pm On Mar 13, 2012
I tink wit time nairalanders will get used to it cos the same complaints came when Facebook was faced lifted honestly I hated it but I got used to it and 2ndly I'm more of a mobile user nw I cn view pictures which wasn't there b4. More hairs 2 ur armpit bros
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by bonetalk(m): 11:51pm On Mar 13, 2012
Ijogz K: Seun please can you just make it compulsory for people to use their Display Pictures.... This hiding of pix fin no too make sense as Majority of N/L gurls are ugly and Hide under this while disappointing expectant fine boys... angry

If we can see their faces, we would know our boundaries grin

u are funny, girls no dey 4 ur street?
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by Nobody: 1:32am On Mar 14, 2012
I would like it in vBulletin layouts like.

You can retain the present colors. The layouts lie the problem. It is not sophisticated!
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by ektbear: 3:08am On Mar 14, 2012
Basically, copy your UI from Phpbb3 or one of these other forum software packages. Your best bet is to actually hire a guy who knows how to design UIs, get him to mock up something that looks nice and then implement it in CSS/jQuery for you.

There is a distinction between backend developer and guys/gals with sense of style who know how to design UIs.

This is the major thing imo...your current UI is just hideous.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by tpia5: 4:12am On Mar 14, 2012
following the vbulletin layout isnt a bad idea.

all the topics are aligned to the left [wasnt the old nl like that btw?], which makes for an organized look and feel.
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by tpia5: 4:13am On Mar 14, 2012
btw is there less space between posts or why do the pages look jammed/crammed/cramped?

smaller font or is it my imagination?
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by lolaluv1(f): 4:15am On Mar 14, 2012
I am not averse to change and I like some features about the new nairaland. However, I think the colour separation (can I call it that) is not so eye-friendly, and the fact that the posts are so close-by also makes you stare harder at the screen, thus straining the eyes.
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by Raxxye(m): 5:57am On Mar 14, 2012
Does Seun listen to advice? I really don‘t think so. Otherwise he wouldn‘t hv brought up this crap against people‘s advice and wishes.
Just in case he has now changed: Tell him I am directing my phone away from my away from my face as I type this bc it isn‘t friendly with my eyes. If one continues to visit this site site as much as b4, one might just be at risk of going blind!
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by FabulousAutos(m): 7:03am On Mar 14, 2012
The fonts are so small that I find it difficult to read with my mobile phone.
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by CuteTj(m): 7:54am On Mar 14, 2012
NL1960:

Using Hours/minutes/seconds on a post is making it difficult to track and trace where somebody stopped in previous post. The old way of using date/time should be brought back. For instance, you now have 'Bleep hours yyy minutes zzz seconds' ago on a post. This is making it difficult. In the previous one with date/time, i can easily track and trace to the last post i read on a topic. Now, i have to start doing addition and subtraction of hours/minutes/seconds to know where i stopped previously.
Exactly!
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by CuteTj(m): 8:01am On Mar 14, 2012
bid4rich:

im sure you are not growing up, thats why you stil want
the old version. OLD SCHOOL
Check out Yahoomail, it gives u an option to choose between classic/old site and the new site. Check out Facebook. With the changes in appearance that facebook has undergone since creation, it still retains that blue theme/colour. Even the new Facebook timeline still does. Seun should adopt that green colour forever not this whitish/bright/baby colour.
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by CuteTj(m): 8:06am On Mar 14, 2012
Goodnessy: I honestly dont know why people will complain about this new NL. Checking NL on mobile now is so sweet. Its your site and you can do it as you wish even as it is for the benefit of users but they dont know yet. Seun please tweak and make the visualisation more friendly, bring out the best for us.
how about us that visit Nairaland from our Laptops? Visit it from a PC and see how it looks.
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by Nobody: 8:57am On Mar 14, 2012
I lyk d 'quote post' nd d 'lyk' buttons so so much. I've bin suggestin 4 d 'like button' nd now its here.
Ma problem wit dis new site is dat i'm used 2 d old one nd dis one luks too colourful nd lacks quality lyk d 4mer. If only u can bring bak d old site nd add d 'quote post' nd d 'lyk button' nd other changes... It'll make sense o
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by Nobody: 8:57am On Mar 14, 2012
I lyk d 'quote post' nd d 'lyk' buttons so so much. I've bin suggestin 4 d 'like button' nd now its here.
Ma problem wit dis new site is dat i'm used 2 d old one nd dis one luks too colourful nd lacks quality lyk d 4mer. If only u can bring bak d old site nd add d 'quote post' nd d 'lyk button' nd other changes... It'll make sense o
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by freecocoa(f): 9:12am On Mar 14, 2012
KINGwax: YOU DEY MADT MI. All those destructive critics na them you like abi. Anyway's we aint going to the old, u either help develope the new or deactivate yourself!
Fowl,jealous much that he didn't include your name?hediot keep sulking up to seun like he gives a hoot about you or your nonsense moniker.:p
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by neyyo: 9:17am On Mar 14, 2012
I find the new outlook cool n very beautiful on my BB, bt can't say same of the PC xperience(really not nice); maybe d PC version takes some gettin used to, bt I doubt!
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by shilling(f): 10:34am On Mar 14, 2012
I think member's location should be shown on the forum. I miss seeing that . . .

I haven't looked at it on my phone, but on my browser - it looks like a mobile site for some weird reason.
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by meetmuyiwa(m): 12:52pm On Mar 14, 2012
Please Seun, my only sugestion is that i still prefer the name of the poster to be the first thing that appears on each post. it helps to easity scan tru and know who posted what. thats. keep up the good work
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by Sugardiva(f): 4:07pm On Mar 14, 2012
[size=8pt][b]The new NL is okay. Change needs a little getting used to so pple will come around to the new interface.

Now to my suggestions:
1. Send the Moderators back to Sec. Sch. to study english all over again. The grammar they use when captioning threads on the homepage as well as punctuation marks used is to put it lightly disgraceful. For e.g putting question marks after sentences that are not questions.

2. This whole idea of censoring words posted by members is insulting. We are all adults and can censor what we read. Consider some sort of PG for underage users or do not allow underage users rather than call m.a.s.t.u.r.b.a.t.i.o.n self service or t.i.t for tat bossom for tat.

3. Moderators shld not let topics that are not constructive or topics that have already come up before scale through as new threads. For e.g the Facebook vs. Nairaland thread has come up like 6 times. Why duplicate topics? That just congests the threads archives.

What I Like Abt the New NL:
1. The new features for direct messaging btw members, Friend requests, Trending Topics et al[/b]
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
[/size][/size][size=8pt][/size][size=8pt]

2 Likes

Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by tpia5: 9:13pm On Mar 14, 2012
um, this friends thing is one of the main reasons why i'm not overly active on facebook?

cant handle the volume.

i see other people like it but its not really my cup of tea. undecided
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by yamakuza: 11:47pm On Mar 14, 2012
tpia@:
um, this friends thing is one of the main reasons why i'm not overly active on facebook?

cant handle the volume.

i see other people like it but its not really my cup of tea. undecided

its not only for "chatting" na.

Its also so that they can share the juicy topics you visit.

[s]Oya, add ppl, and watch your "user experience" go gaga![/s]
Re: Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] by tpia5: 4:11am On Mar 15, 2012
done, but i have my doubts about this. . . . . . . . . .

i'm just not inclined that way. . . . . . . . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Amazing - And Not So Amazing - Bridges From Around The World.. / Do You Agree Or Disagree With Euthanasia Or Mercy Killing? / CNN: Hospitalised Nigerian President (Umaru Yar'adua) Not Stepping Down.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.