Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,776 members, 7,810,025 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:49 PM

Behold, Nigeria's New Police Uniform - See Pix - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Behold, Nigeria's New Police Uniform - See Pix (27454 Views)

Rivers Rerun: Thug With Military-Police Uniform Arrested / Behold Nigeria’s Silver Spoons In The North! / Behold Nigeria’s Silver Spoons In The North! (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Behold, Nigeria's New Police Uniform - See Pix by shadrach77: 12:02am On Mar 14, 2012
IGP displays new police camouflage

The Inspector General of Police, Alhaji M. D. Abubakar, has said his appearance in the new police camouflage is a process of mock display of the uniform, as one of the operational outfits of the Nigerian Police.

The president, Dr Goodluck Jonathan, has approved a mock display of a camouflage dress for the police as one of their operational attires.

Alhaji Abubakar, on Tuesday, said the new dress was in line with the transformation agenda of the Federal Government and the desire of the police management team to reform the security outfit.

The camouflage, which is an admixture of black, white and ash colours, will serve as an operational dress for the police, with some inherent advantages when fully integrated and confirmed as one of the official police outfits

The new police camouflage is cost effective, durable, customised with security features to forestall impersonation and environmentally friendly.

The IGP called on the general public to constructively criticise the new police camouflage, so that public opinion would be given adequate consideration.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/37593-igp-displays-new-police-camouflage

what do you think?

2 Likes

Re: Behold, Nigeria's New Police Uniform - See Pix by Idowuogbo(f): 12:09am On Mar 14, 2012
nonsense dem 4 sew ankara na undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

4 Likes

Re: Behold, Nigeria's New Police Uniform - See Pix by tunnytox(m): 12:15am On Mar 14, 2012
Idowuogbo: nonsense dem 4 sew ankara na undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Lol grin grin Idowu ogbo abi kere leti, how body now?

1 Like

Re: Behold, Nigeria's New Police Uniform - See Pix by Idowuogbo(f): 12:17am On Mar 14, 2012
tunnytox:

Lol grin grin Idowu ogbo abi kere leti, how body now?
Am gud o

how u doing?

1 Like

Re: Behold, Nigeria's New Police Uniform - See Pix by kelz88(f): 12:22am On Mar 14, 2012
More like army. . . .

1 Like

Re: Behold, Nigeria's New Police Uniform - See Pix by tunnytox(m): 12:28am On Mar 14, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Am gud o

how u doing?

I'm doing well o listening to Ebenezer Obey's music (I'm an addict) remember your Alaba o ££££ $$$$ grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Behold, Nigeria's New Police Uniform - See Pix by Idowuogbo(f): 12:32am On Mar 14, 2012
tunnytox:

I'm doing well o listening to Ebenezer Obey's music (I'm an addict) remember your Alaba o ££££ $$$$ grin grin grin
Certified razzinga cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Behold, Nigeria's New Police Uniform - See Pix by cashmentor(m): 12:52am On Mar 14, 2012
I see more fights between the Police and Army! The Army guys are too self centered when it comes to their uniform.... This looks more of; trying to make d people fear the Police just like they fear the Army! Bad Strategy if u ask me....

2 Likes

Re: Behold, Nigeria's New Police Uniform - See Pix by Nobody: 1:12am On Mar 14, 2012
shadrach77: what do you think?

_
Hawt!!!

1 Like

Re: Behold, Nigeria's New Police Uniform - See Pix by BlackPikiN(m): 1:26am On Mar 14, 2012
As long as say the new uniform gather pocket, bribe tasking no go stop.

2 Likes

Re: Behold, Nigeria's New Police Uniform - See Pix by OAM4J: 2:43am On Mar 14, 2012
Not bad at all.

1 Like

Re: Behold, Nigeria's New Police Uniform - See Pix by vowiski(m): 2:53am On Mar 14, 2012
Why would camouflage become a daily inform?! This type of uniform is ONLY synonymous with special Forces or SWAT team. This mentality and orientation should be changed first before wasting billions of naira on new uniforms

1 Like

Re: Behold, Nigeria's New Police Uniform - See Pix by Nobody: 3:14am On Mar 14, 2012
I would agree for the top as camouflage but the trousers could have been better plain. Maybe black colored trousers with green stripe by the side would look better.

2 Likes

Re: Behold, Nigeria's New Police Uniform - See Pix by KayDee4: 3:18am On Mar 14, 2012
This looks horrible but whether they change it or not means little or nothing if they don't improve their services and make their operations more effective.

They should better focus on training these clowns properly and not sewing 'Christmas clothes' for them grin grin .

1 Like

Re: Behold, Nigeria's New Police Uniform - See Pix by musiwa43: 5:22am On Mar 14, 2012
he looks good in the uniform, but i think a military type of boot is better with that uniform.

But I think the new police college in ilorin should be a police university. With a work force of 300,000 . they are more than the army. The army has a university, they too should. It will give the police a good moral and help them perform. If I was president, that is what i will have done. there are many department in law enforcement. there is Korean National Police University

Police university offers degree in course like just to name a few , including science related courses.

Dept. of Police Administration
The goals of the Department:
1. To cultivate leaders of police administration.
2. To study the law system of policing and public security.

Dept. of Criminal Investigation
To train students to be specialized in scientific methods and techniques of criminal investigation and to enhance efficiency in criminal investigation.

Dept. of Forensic Science
To train students to be specialized in forensic science, to be familiar with relevant theory and research and to develop new forensic skills.

Dept. of Public Security
To train students to be specialized in national security law enforcement and social security protection.

Dept. of Crime Prevention & Correction
To train students to be specialized in crime prevention, corrections, prison administration as well as crime prevention theory and research.

Dept. of Fire Science
To train students to be specialized in fire technology and fire science.

Dept. of Traffic Science
To train students to be specialized in traffic administration and traffic law enforcement as well as traffic safety theory and research.

Dept. of Information Management
To train students to be specialized in police information system and technology.

Dept. of Foreign Affairs Police
To train students to be specialized in management of cases involving alien tourists and residents in Taiwan.

Dept. of Border Police
To train police officers who will maintain border security and also be in charge of immigrant and non-immigrant control upon departure from and entry to Taiwan.

Dept. of Administrative Management
To train students in professional knowledge, such as police administration as well as research ability to elevate the academic standards and operational effectiveness in police administraion.

Dept. of Maritime Police
To train law enforcement officers who will maintain maritime safery, strike on crime at sea, protect oceanic ecology and secure the rights of our fishermen.

Dept. of Law
To promote advanced studies on police legal aspects and jurisprudence; to protect human rights and maintain public order.

General Education Center

2 Likes

Re: Behold, Nigeria's New Police Uniform - See Pix by olaak1(m): 6:16am On Mar 14, 2012
I don't mind this uniform at all, this is one is by far better than the present black on black uniForm.

1 Like

Re: Behold, Nigeria's New Police Uniform - See Pix by Nobody: 6:17am On Mar 14, 2012
This will be a case of chicken thinking its an eagle, the police will think they are now soldiers and I then fear for the civil populace!

2 Likes

Re: Behold, Nigeria's New Police Uniform - See Pix by Andrew3(m): 7:18am On Mar 14, 2012
[size=14pt][/size]WHY DID THE UNIFORM STILL HAVE POCKET? THEY SHOULD HAVE A POCKETLESS UNIFORM angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Behold, Nigeria's New Police Uniform - See Pix by ITbomb(m): 7:30am On Mar 14, 2012
we are trying to remove 'Force' from the Nigerian Police and they are intimidating us the more with armed force uniform

1 Like

Re: Behold, Nigeria's New Police Uniform - See Pix by Nobody: 8:22am On Mar 14, 2012
How many billions will this cost the taxpayers?

2 Likes

Re: Behold, Nigeria's New Police Uniform - See Pix by arrived(m): 9:14am On Mar 14, 2012
Idowuogbo: nonsense dem 4 sew ankara na undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
good advice!

1 Like

Re: Behold, Nigeria's New Police Uniform - See Pix by Nobody: 9:17am On Mar 14, 2012
Whats is this, Police is now "WANNABE ARMY" even if they sow armoured tank to their uniform they will still remain Olopa tongue

3 Likes

Re: Behold, Nigeria's New Police Uniform - See Pix by eprynce(m): 9:26am On Mar 14, 2012
Oh my God! It'll be a license for the current men in black to start behaving like soldiers. The aim is to intimidate us. We are in real trouble here!
We must reject this!

1 Like

Re: Behold, Nigeria's New Police Uniform - See Pix by oderemo(m): 9:26am On Mar 14, 2012
is this not the same uniform the Afghanistan military have, i have seen it somewhere tho. Most certainly.

1 Like

Re: Behold, Nigeria's New Police Uniform - See Pix by freecocoa(f): 9:29am On Mar 14, 2012
OAM4J: Not bad at all.
You see am well so?

@Topic,it would have been a lot better if the trouser na pencil mouth.

1 Like

Re: Behold, Nigeria's New Police Uniform - See Pix by eprynce(m): 9:29am On Mar 14, 2012
Oh my God! It'll be a license for the current men in black to start behaving like soldiers. The aim is to intimidate us. We are in real trouble here!
We must reject this!

1 Like

Re: Behold, Nigeria's New Police Uniform - See Pix by kokoA(m): 9:30am On Mar 14, 2012
Those hungry-looking terrorists don't deserve anything good. Leave them with their present black uniform which is a true reflection of their hearts.

2 Likes

Re: Behold, Nigeria's New Police Uniform - See Pix by dagboss(m): 9:30am On Mar 14, 2012
It is not a bad idea at all. Nigerians are free to criticize it if they want that is the essence of the modelling by the IGP. and for those that care to know the IGP is living to his image as a modern day IGP, this is the internationally accepted operational uniform for Police just as the sky blue shirt over black or navy blue trousers is the recommended office wear by International Police Organization and above all i can boldly say here that this same uniform is worn by Formed Police forces of Nepal, Jordan and some others. Above all Nigeria Police is one of the few Police Forces that do not have operational uniforms. Please can somebody tell me how this is going to cause friction between the Army and NPF?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari And Saraki Are Not On Speaking Terms - The Cable / Godswill Akpabio Held Hostage By Crowd After His Court Of Appeal Victory. Pics / Dino Melaye: I Am Like The Scrotum Of A Ram, It Will Dangle But Will Never Fall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.