Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th (18247 Views)

How To Increase Your Internet Speed With TP Link Router / Nigeria Leads West Africa In Internet Speed / How To Run Internet Speed Test With Dos Command (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by EPOMA(m): 2:49pm On May 18, 2012
Nkonkonsa:

Once again Nigerians taking credit were none is due. What is your basis for saying MOST of the internet in Ghana is provided by Nigerians? Are you insane? Why do you assume mainone accounts for most? Is it because it's Nigerian? Any facts to support that assertion? None! Just a mindless arrogrant Nigerian rant if you ask me. Am tired of hearing baseless arguments about how ALL the banks in Ghana our owned by Nigerians, How Nigerians run the Ghanaian economy - when you cannot even run your own.

A couple of Nigerian companies, hardly represents MOST! That Nigerians invest in Ghana is a testament to how Ghanaians have built - on their own, a conducive business environment ion their country - for all - Nigerians, Ghanaians, Lebanese etc.!

stop using one or two successful Nigerians companies in Ghana to stroke your egos. Its getting old! Face it, Ghana is doing something right and you are not! Bad belle!
I mentioned the name of companies that supplies bandwidth to Ghana, I thought after all your rant you were going to come up with a company name but you couldn't. this is why i don't post here becos it is just bullshit
Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by EPOMA(m): 2:50pm On May 18, 2012
LeoMax: All these nonsense you idiots spew out here, can you not relate that Nigeria has triple the number of internet users than Ghana ? It all boils down to shared bandwidth morons, allow same number of users in Ghana to use Nigeria infrastructures and the speed will skyrocket.
please tell them
Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by walcolm(m): 2:58pm On May 18, 2012
LeoMax: All these nonsense you idiots spew out here, can you not relate that Nigeria has triple the number of internet users than Ghana ? It all boils down to shared bandwidth morons, allow same number of users in Ghana to use Nigeria infrastructures and the speed will skyrocket.

you're wrong...this is supposed to be population independent.

if Ghana has a population of 100 and a 1GB bandwidth for that population to share, Nigeria with a population of 1000 should provide at least 10GB of bandwidth to be at par. the onus is on Nigeria to provide enough bandwidth per user

the US has at least 2ce the population of Nigeria yet they are still ranked higher than Ghana with less than half the population of Nigeria...

1 Like

Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by Guapo(m): 3:00pm On May 18, 2012
You might want to check this rank that is based on population.
www.africapedia.com/INTERNET-BANDWIDTH-IN-AFRICA-COUNTRIES
Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by Ideasroole: 3:03pm On May 18, 2012
Am I surprised? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by mjconcept(m): 3:05pm On May 18, 2012
manny4life: Imagine the difference, almost 2.5x the speed of Nigeria, undecided undecided undecided

Giant of Africa my foot. Giant ONLY in corruption and nothing else.
Guy how do you know your name?
Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by Nobody: 3:14pm On May 18, 2012
Am sick and tired of all this frequent nonsensical comparisons. How many internet users are in Ghana for crying out loud!
Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by mjconcept(m): 3:18pm On May 18, 2012
freechat: Am sick and tired of all this frequent nonsensical comparisons. How many internet users are in Ghana for crying out loud!
No mind them this is what we nigerians like hearing and if you ask me i will tell you that seun and his moderators are all bunch of cowards and bigots. cry
Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by Afam4eva(m): 3:20pm On May 18, 2012
This should not surprise anyone as everything in this country is just a reflection of the political realities. We're been ripped off by these internet companies for mediocrity.
Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by OkijaPriest: 3:23pm On May 18, 2012
Unfair!!

85% of Nairalanders are browsing with free hacked internet..

Nigeria's internet user population is prolly bigger than that of Ghana and Kenya put together...

Thirdly, Internet in Nigeria sucks monkey balls.. And even top dollar dosent even get you fast Internet.
Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by Jomiliny(m): 3:25pm On May 18, 2012
Ah! Nigeria yaff scatter pata pata is like i will relocate. If i see the chance to move out of this bleeping country, i don't think i will come back here oooo cos all this things is discouraging someone. I hate Nigeria
Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by emmke(m): 3:32pm On May 18, 2012
U guys whine about everything.
Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by mjconcept(m): 3:33pm On May 18, 2012
Jomiliny: Ah! Nigeria yaff scatter pata pata is like i will relocate. If i see the chance to move out of this bleeping country, i don't think i will come back here oooo cos all this things is discouraging someone. I hate Nigeria
Let me ask you a question; how will you solve a problem Is it by running away from the problem or fighting it even it means death for your generations unborn to have a better, brighter future.
Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by amosy007: 3:33pm On May 18, 2012
Kunle-A:
Ghana is surely making its strides. i was surprised when i visited about 2 yrs ago. The cell phone service is great and MUCH CHEAPER than Nigeria. Not to mention RELIABLE!

I haven't visited lately to test their internet services compared to Nigeria (with extensive use from the US as my background) it will be nice to know the difference.

I am certain that i will be impressed. I remember that we go to cybercafe all day everyday to watch Nigerian movies on youtube without any delay. We pay like 1 Ghana Cedi for like 1hr 30mins.

Power is quite much stable too in the Accra area. While it goes off occasionally, WE DID NOT SPEND THE NIGHT IN DARKNESS FOR THE ENTIRE 2 MONTHS I SPENT THERE. If there is power failure, the maximum is 4hrs and by 6.30pm or 7pm its already back

I am not sure of any cybercafe in Nigeria where you can do that without any issues.

Way to go Ghana. Proud of you
u are saying absolute rubbish
Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by Afam4eva(m): 3:34pm On May 18, 2012
emmke: U guys whine about everything.
Even with the whining things are no changing, at least not as fast as we want them to change. So, are you suggesting that we keep mute when we see what we don't like?
Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by timbros(m): 3:36pm On May 18, 2012
freechat: Am sick and tired of all this frequent nonsensical comparisons. How many internet users are in Ghana for crying out loud!
And how many internet users are in US for crying out loud! Compare Ghana to US, which country is ahead?
Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by talk2cj08(m): 3:36pm On May 18, 2012
xanadu333: and we pay the highest for subscription. u see what GEJ has brought to us >:
OLODO is Gej an internet service porvider or NNC
Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by amosy007: 3:43pm On May 18, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

As expected.

So Nigeria provides Ghana's internet service, yet they're still wayyy ahead. Are you not ashamed of yourself for even bringing this up as an excuse explanation?
u neva say anytin reasonable since i knw u on this forum... And am quite sure u are not in nigeria.... Am not disputin d fact that internet speed in ghana may be high... Buh have u carried out ur own statistics to knw its higher than nigeria s own... The last time i check nigeria still supply internet to ghana... We still have satelite that is yet to be fully operational...
So how can u believe a ranking done by unknown scam site...
Was the ratin done by forbes or allafrica?

What if i build a site and put somalia first as the country that have highest speed... U are still guna believe it init?

Why are u thinking like a dumb?

1 Like

Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by burhanu(m): 3:43pm On May 18, 2012
that is nigeria no wonder about that, We need help from Allah (s.w.A) to solve our problem
Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by mjconcept(m): 3:46pm On May 18, 2012
xanadu333: and we pay the highest for subscription. u see what GEJ has brought to us >:
Guy if you don't have anything to say go wash plate.
Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by justsmile(f): 3:46pm On May 18, 2012
Jomiliny: Ah! Nigeria yaff scatter pata pata is like i will relocate. If i see the chance to move out of this bleeping country, i don't think i will come back here oooo cos all this things is discouraging someone. I hate Nigeria
pls jet out! who cares?! in fact we need you guys to leave and give us some space! yes, we knw that our 9ja has got some serious issues.... but no matter what, its still our country! you don't you be the change we need first. and what if Ghana is topping the list on internet speed?! so what?! enough of the comparison pls! let each and everyone of us do our part in making our country better. shikena!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by amosy007: 3:47pm On May 18, 2012
Empero1: These statistics from Ookla’s NetIndex is noting but a big crap , I'm of the opinion that they based their statistics on fiction . I have been to more than 16 African countries ( inclusive of all the countries listed herein ), none of them in this list has faster internet speed/connection more than Senegal .
imagine sum1 that wrote fictional statistics from inside is room... And some m0rons believed it
Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by mjconcept(m): 3:51pm On May 18, 2012
amosy007:
u neva say anytin reasonable since i knw u on this forum... And am quite sure u are not in nigeria.... Am not disputin d fact that internet speed in ghana may be high... Buh have u carried out ur own statistics to knw its higher than nigeria s own... The last time i check nigeria still supply internet to ghana... We still have satelite that is yet to be fully operational...
So how can u believe a ranking done by unknown scam site...
Was the ratin done by forbes or allafrica?

What if i build a site and put somalia first as the country that have highest speed... U are still guna believe it init?

Why are u thinking like a dumb?
Everybody knows that Ileke-Idi is a natural born lunatic and back to the topic i talk am before say one day some lunatics will list Somalia as a European country.
Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by amosy007: 3:52pm On May 18, 2012
apart from that the statistics is not buh crap...
Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by amosy007: 3:55pm On May 18, 2012
i wonder o... Have noticed this ghanaians always wana compete with nigeria.. Thats why they flood every nigerian forum with their baseless stat
Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by mjconcept(m): 3:57pm On May 18, 2012
justsmile:
pls jet out! who cares?! in fact we need you guys to leave and give us some space! yes, we knw that our 9ja has got some serious issues.... but no matter what, its still our country! you don't you be the change we need first. and what if Ghana is topping the list on internet speed?! so what?! enough of the comparison pls! let each and everyone of us do our part in making our country better. shikena!!!!!!
No mind them even John F Kennedy once said and i quote "IS NOT WHAT YOUR COUNTRY CAN DO FOR YOU BUT WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR YOUR COUNTRY"
They think fleeing will solve their problems but they are wrong it will only compound their problems.

1 Like

Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by london2lasgidi(m): 3:58pm On May 18, 2012
Why are we always comparing Nigeria with Ghana? Do you guys know the difference in population, and how difficult it is to cater for the huge population??

Tired of the Ghana comparisons, please compare Ghana with Lagos..

What's the internet speed in Lagos compared to Ghana?

What's the growth of the Ghanaian economy compared to Lagos??

If you compare America, or the UK to either Switzerland, or Luxembourg; you will find out that they're better than both the UK and America in every index...

Seriously, Nigerians need to grow up.

1 Like

Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by omenziate(m): 3:59pm On May 18, 2012
cyril83: If u like go die....dats just the gospel truth

I over concur. D guy dey hate like say BB browsing no fast pass some internet cafes for naija. jor
Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by london2lasgidi(m): 4:00pm On May 18, 2012
Comparing apple to oranges.. Why can't you compare Congo/Somalia to Afghanistan? grin

1 Like

Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by brightleave(m): 4:00pm On May 18, 2012
Akwasi:
According to latest statistics from Ookla’s NetIndex, Ghana has been ranked with the fastest broadband Internet speed in Africa.

Ookla is the global leader in broadband testing and web-based network diagnostic applications. Based on millions of recent test results from Speedtest.net, the NetIndex compares and ranks consumer download speeds around the globe.

From the results, Ghana currently has download speeds of up to 5.14 Mbps, ranking it 73rd in the world. The country is closely followed by Kenya with 4.94 Mbps, Angola with 4.53 Mbps, Rwanda with 3.28 Mbps and Zimbabwe with 2.98 Mbps in that particular order.

Other African countries with the fastest broadband speed include South Africa with 2.98 Mbps, ranked 6th in Africa and 105th in the world; Libya with 2.94 Mbps, ranked 7th in Africa; Morocco with 2.77 Mbps, ranked 8th; Nigeria with 2.30 Mbps, ranked 9th in Africa and 129th in the world; and Tunisia ranked 10th with 2.12 Mbps.

http://techloy.com/2012/03/12/africa-top-broadband-speed/
we are used to it already
Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by Nobody: 4:02pm On May 18, 2012
When you have close to 60 million individuals using limited broadband, it is bound to be slower compared to a place where 10 million individuals are using it. Simple logic.

Nigerians are known in Africa as some of the highest internet portal users. That means that more websites are accessed, more softwares are downloaded and more data are uploaded and since broadband is limited, you are bound to have slower internet speed in countries with large population of which a huge chunk of it make use of the internet often.

There is a good reason why Finland has the fastest broadband speed compared to Germany.

You people amaze me with how dull you are. A known ghanaian nationalist posts an article and you begin heaping insults on your home country. No one cares to apply his/ her sixth sense. Dullards
Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by Dejohnbull: 4:05pm On May 18, 2012
Fresh air is steal blowing. Fresh cake & honey in 2015..........

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Crazy Laptop Won't Stop Draining My Data (help!!!!!!) / How To Control Windows 8 Data Usage / SOLD. USA Used Lenovo T420 Core I5 For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.