Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,505 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th - Computers (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th (18249 Views)

How To Increase Your Internet Speed With TP Link Router / Nigeria Leads West Africa In Internet Speed / How To Run Internet Speed Test With Dos Command (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by london2lasgidi(m): 8:00pm On May 18, 2012
PetroDolla:

A demented ewu. I understand your frustration- tethered to an eternally hopeless country, bottom dwelling thing they call nigeria is no joke oooh. The last time I checked they said every nigerian will suffer from insanity in their lifetime. I guess yours has started early,huh? shameless bigot!

Little Ghana, prick.. Your fufu country will always play catch-up...

You can't even compete with a state in Nigeria.

Keep naija out of your mouth before we annex you smelly fufu eaters. grin
Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by london2lasgidi(m): 8:03pm On May 18, 2012
Let's compare Lagos to Ghana.. They both have similar populations..

GDP - Lagos has a higher GDP than Ghana.
Internet speed rank - The internet speed in Lagos is higher than Ghana.
Cost of living - The cost of living in Lagos is higher than Ghana..

I can go on and on.. grin

1 Like

Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by Nobody: 8:21pm On May 18, 2012
amosy007:

hahahahaha bloody black cocoa nigge'r self wan compete with better people...abeg pack well jor make u pass the mic

better people they talk ghanaian self dey talk...what an insult up on injury
ghana of all country? choi laff don kill me finish for here grin
FYI khaki can only pretend like leather but can never be leather tongue tongue

fooooooooooooooooooooool cheesy cheesy cheesy grin tongue

Nigerians are lightskin people last time I checked. Ghana is a better country than Nigeria in all aspects. If you don't believe it put to a test. We smash nigeria in all types of development. Ask your country men in Ghana and they will tell you

1 Like

Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by truefact: 8:51pm On May 18, 2012
Nigerians are lightskin people last time I checked. Ghana is a better country than Nigeria in all aspects. If you don't believe it put to a test. We smash nigeria in all types of development. Ask your country men in Ghana and they will tell you

u lie paa paah...ebi like say akpitesi dey worry u kraaaaaaaaa
Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by Kolade9(m): 9:28pm On May 18, 2012
I think d best way 2 handle these ghanaians,is ignorin them. They're jst jealous of Nigerians and d jealousy has turned 2 hatred. Who knws if d rankin is correct. I can jst create a website and put anything on it
Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by dukila: 10:35pm On May 18, 2012
solomon111: RUBBISH!!
grin grin grin grin
Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by amosy007: 11:12pm On May 18, 2012
PetroDolla: The Ghana haters are at it again,huh? Pure crap!

U foool does this place look cedisland or ghanaland?....are ghanaian too dumb to create forum for ghanaians instead of coming here to spit trash ..go to ghana forum ...Jeeees
Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by amosy007: 11:20pm On May 18, 2012
Bigo8291:

Okay we have heard u...can u leave nairaland for nigerians and go to ghana forum....for goodness what is wrong with this ghamaian fooools ....jeees....I think ghana must go on this forum too....why do ghanaiams love to pollute everywhere they go with their bad blood grin they polluted nigeria in the 80s uhari chased them back to their shiit....we gave them ghalywood ..ghanaian turns it p0rn industry.....they always wanna be us ...but instead of them to sit and learn they wanna jump ahead ...psssi *disgusted*
Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by amosy007: 11:23pm On May 18, 2012
Kolade9: I think d best way 2 handle these ghanaians,is ignorin them. They're jst jealous of Nigerians and d jealousy has turned 2 hatred. Who knws if d rankin is correct. I can jst create a website and put anything on it

I guess that what am gunna be doing now....I think the more I answer them the more they will feel important ...I just blame d mode that brought the topic to hompage in d first place mtchewww
Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by jidewash(m): 11:30pm On May 18, 2012
amosy007:
u neva say anytin reasonable since i knw u on this forum... And am quite sure u are not in nigeria.... Am not disputin d fact that internet speed in ghana may be high... Buh have u carried out ur own statistics to knw its higher than nigeria s own... The last time i check nigeria still supply internet to ghana... We still have satelite that is yet to be fully operational...
So how can u believe a ranking done by unknown scam site...
Was the ratin done by forbes or allafrica?

What if i build a site and put somalia first as the country that have highest speed... U are still guna believe it init?

Why are u thinking like a dumb?
u make sense.leave those fool.
Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by otumfour(m): 12:24am On May 19, 2012
jidewash: u make sense.leave those fool.
cry cry cry

muthafucka! did u have to kill the sentence like tht plural/singular remix grin grin
Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by otumfour(m): 12:27am On May 19, 2012
is this why nigerians call themselves light skin

lets stop tht black & light skin talk cuz its really embarrassing

Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by ak47mann(m): 12:39am On May 19, 2012
Bandit C.:
When you have close to 60 million individuals using limited broadband, it is bound to be slower compared to a place where 10 million individuals are using it. Simple logic.

Nigerians are known in Africa as some of the highest internet portal users. That means that more websites are accessed, more softwares are downloaded and more data are uploaded and since broadband is limited, you are bound to have slower internet speed in countries with large population of which a huge chunk of it make use of the internet often.

There is a good reason why Finland has the fastest broadband speed compared to Germany.

You people amaze me with how dull you are. A known ghanaian nationalist posts an article and you begin heaping insults on your home country. No one cares to apply his/ her sixth sense. Dullards
that make a lot of sense cool
Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by Nobody: 1:52am On May 19, 2012
amosy007:

Okay we have heard u...can u leave nairaland for nigerians and go to ghana forum....for goodness what is wrong with this ghamaian fooools ....jeees....I think ghana must go on this forum too....why do ghanaiams love to pollute everywhere they go with their bad blood grin they polluted nigeria in the 80s uhari chased them back to their shiit....we gave them ghalywood ..ghanaian turns it p0rn industry.....they always wanna be us ...but instead of them to sit and learn they wanna jump ahead ...psssi *disgusted*

Put a lock on nairaland and give Nigerians a key. Foolish Nigerians are all over Ghanaweb and in Ghana. Agbada wearing fools why don't you all leave my country before you ask me to leave this stinking website. Y'all wants to be Ghanaians but y'all can't . Shameful people
Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by Next2Bezee(m): 3:12am On May 19, 2012
Whats with all this? Aren't we all Africans?? You guys shouldn't fight like this. I'm proud to be Nigerian and will love to visit Ghana whenever i can because i know its a great country. Please lets all be mature about this. cool
Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by Nobody: 4:22am On May 19, 2012
How does the name sound? and you use a blogging site as reference? Common, Nigerians are not daft like you thinmk.

Check out this li8nks first

Internet Usage Statistics for Africa
( Africa Internet Usage and Population Stats )
http://www.internetworldstats.com/stats1.htm

Internet users > TOP 10
Rank Country Internet users
1 China 389,000,000
2 United States 245,000,000
3 Japan 99,182,000
4 Brazil 75,982,000
5 Germany 65,125,000
6 India 61,338,000
7 United Kingdom 51,444,000
8 France 44,625,000
9 Nigeria 43,989,000
10 Russia 40,853,000

http://www.indexmundi.com/g/r.aspx?t=10&v=118
Source: CIA World Factbook - Unless otherwise noted, information in this page is accurate as of January 1, 2011

Akwasi:
According to latest statistics from Ookla’s NetIndex, Ghana has been ranked with the fastest broadband Internet speed in Africa.

Ookla is the global leader in broadband testing and web-based network diagnostic applications. Based on millions of recent test results from Speedtest.net, the NetIndex compares and ranks consumer download speeds around the globe.

From the results, Ghana currently has download speeds of up to 5.14 Mbps, ranking it 73rd in the world. The country is closely followed by Kenya with 4.94 Mbps, Angola with 4.53 Mbps, Rwanda with 3.28 Mbps and Zimbabwe with 2.98 Mbps in that particular order.

Other African countries with the fastest broadband speed include South Africa with 2.98 Mbps, ranked 6th in Africa and 105th in the world; Libya with 2.94 Mbps, ranked 7th in Africa; Morocco with 2.77 Mbps, ranked 8th; Nigeria with 2.30 Mbps, ranked 9th in Africa and 129th in the world; and Tunisia ranked 10th with 2.12 Mbps.

http://techloy.com/2012/03/12/africa-top-broadband-speed/
Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by gbokukueba(m): 5:33am On May 19, 2012
Was in Accra early this month i didnt enjoy my internet experience... But a few times it was supper fast especially the mobile internet but the wifi was a total mess so slow and it kept going on and off.
Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by Butoneday2(m): 5:47am On May 19, 2012
''And it came to pass?'' so now are we still d Giant of Africa? Am asking cos we alwayz came last in evry rating. Giant in deed.
Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by Butoneday2(m): 5:50am On May 19, 2012
But_one_day: ''And it came to pass?'' so now are we still d Giant of Africa? Am asking cos we alwayz came last in evry rating. Giant in deed.
Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by cynthiafred67(f): 7:10am On May 19, 2012
Next2Bezee: Whats with all this? Aren't we all Africans?? You guys shouldn't fight like this. I'm proud to be Nigerian and will love to visit Ghana whenever i can because i know its a great country. Please lets all be mature about this. cool

^^^ well said#
Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by DoctorMcgruff: 8:06am On May 19, 2012
Abeg make we just annex these ghanaians and make them the 37th state smh, they truly love us too much

1 Like

Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by Nobody: 9:09am On May 19, 2012
Nigeria as a country is so overated imaging 9th position
Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by Nobody: 9:54am On May 19, 2012
Bigo8291:

Put a lock on nairaland and give Nigerians a key. Foolish Nigerians are all over Ghanaweb and in Ghana. Agbada wearing fools why don't you all leave my country before you ask me to leave this stinking website. Y'all wants to be Ghanaians but y'all can't . Shameful people
hey u fuccked up double-faced epileptic beast of ghana wil u shut the fucckk up!...we dont give a hoot abt ur cesspit called ghana...must u guys b obessed with us...from using us in u guys songs to cooking up fake stories abt us...hvnt d smol attention we hv givn u guys enuf to fill y'all purging bellies..y'all shud go get a life and dats if u stillborns know wot a life z all abt...silly retardeed gays
Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by jumobi1(m): 11:15am On May 19, 2012
Why are you guys bringing population into the equation?
Is internet bandwidth limited? Is internet free? If Ghana has 100 people paying $10 dollars for internet and Nigeria has 200 paying $10. Nigeria should use the extra $1000 to improve the internet experience for its users. Putting fixed cost into account, Nigeria should have more $ resource to provide faster internet due to the higher revenue and profits ISP's make in Nigeria.
With you guys reasoning, India and China should have slower internet speed than Nigeria. Please let us be honest with ourselves.

The truth is Ghana is actually interested in developing. Nigeria?....not so much

Ghana has a higher GDP per Capita than our beloved Nigeria by the way.
Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by Litmus: 11:55am On May 19, 2012
Ghana is an African country. As an African you should be praying that African nations succeeds in all things, so good for them. As a Nigerian, though, i feel that Nigeria is a little too large and powerful to be mired in being compered to other Black African nations. It is kind of embarrassing. Nigeria should be pushing for industrialization at this point and along with South and a few others like Kenya, we should be vying to challenge Nations like Brazil and China. Aim for the highest at all times, that's they way to go.
Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by obraye: 5:42pm On May 19, 2012
"Ye shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free". Until we tell ourselves the truth we will continue to carry last and think we are carrying first.Our population should be our strength.Government should provide steady power, fight corruption in this sector,hold people accountable; then you will see improvement in the broadband (internet services)
Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by kcool2(m): 9:39am On May 20, 2012
when i wz little i always asked ma mum why we pursued ghanians nd now i know.......why hate full una mind lyk dis......d only thing i like about ghana iz their gurls showin dere black ass on tv
Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by PetroDolla: 6:55pm On May 20, 2012
lalaosky:
hey u fuccked up double-faced epileptic beast of ghana wil u shut the fucckk up!...we dont give a hoot abt ur cesspit called ghana...must u guys b obessed with us...from using us in u guys songs to cooking up fake stories abt us...hvnt d smol attention we hv givn u guys enuf to fill y'all purging bellies..y'all shud go get a life and dats if u stillborns know wot a life z all abt...silly retardeed gays

Heheheheheheheh.... i dey laugh for Swahili...

Look at this naija goat. Comot for road make serious people talk, huh? If na serious Ghanaman dey talk you want follow? Your country is a joke and an embarrassment! Can you imagine the most pervasive job in nigeria today is charging mobile phones! I approached a young phone vendor on the street of Lagos (precisely at Amowo Odofin) in April to buy a recharge card and couldn’t believe what I saw. He was sitting by a busy road in front of nearly a dozen make-shift restaurants, with a small generator humming in the background. Connected to the generator was a board with about 12 or 15 charging points for mobile phones. So customers drop their phone or batteries for charging. What that means is that most users have two batteries-they drop one for charging while using one with the phone for the day and drop by in the evening to pick up the charged and drop the used one for charging. Can you imagine that in the year 2012? And this is the country whose citizens are throwing their weight all over and pesin no fit hear word again? I don’t even think things are that bad in Somalia, Niger and or even Liberia! Is that the country you want people to take seriously? Damn!
People are talking rubbish because Nigeria is 9th in Internet speed? The assessors were overly generous. What do you expect from a country that cannot provide reliable power to its citizens? Your country is cursed and the sooner you wake up to that reality the better it’ll be for you, dunce. How else can you explain the fact that your country is the 7th largest producer of crude oil in the world and has one of the largest gas reserves and yet cannot provide regular electricity? How do you explain the fact that your country has four refineries yet you import all your refined fuel? How do you explain the fact that your country used to send crude to Ivory Coast to refine and bring back to your country for domestic use? How do you explain the fact that more than 90% of you survive on less than $2 a day despite your so-called oil wealth? How do you explain the fact that no serious academic activity is going on at any Nigerian university? Your female students are prostitutes and your male students are either armed robbers or cult members. All you need do is bribe your lecturer, sleep with them or simply intimidate or harass them and you are a guaranteed a university degree in your miserable nigeria! Why do you think they are all flocking to Ghana to seek better quality education? It is only in Nigeria that a university graduate cannot write in English. I know one such lady at NTA Abuja. She can’t write English and can barely speak it.
How many of you in Nigeria can go to sleep at night with your two eyes shut? How many per capita have access to potable water compared with Ghanaians? How many in comparative terms have access to sound education? What is the infant and maternal rate in nigeria compared with Ghana?
Can you imagine a clueless bombastic slowpoke saying Ghana’s is equal to Lagos in size and GDP or some rubbish like that? Now in terms of size, Nigeria is 3.8 times the size of Ghana. That one is not difficult to establish, or is it? So tell me is lagos one quarter the size of Nigeria? You need to get your heads examined, morons! Do you know the number of airlines flights per day between Accra, lagos and Abuja. Go and find out and you’ll be amazed. And while your fragile brain is seeking that answer, also find out how many trips per day Nigerian transporters like ABC,Cross Country,Ikene de Chukwu etc etc make to Ghana daily. Thousands of your people come every single day to Ghana. Nigerians are all over the place some buying stuff to take back to Nigeria.

I kinda find it very demeaning responding to a mentally deficient slowpoke like you. By characterisation and definition you are an armed robber, a rapist, kidnapper, terrorist, ritualist, an occultist, an extortionist or a 419ner.
Come back and talk to me when you are able to start providing electricity and clean water to your people, when you can organise free and credible elections-every election in nigeria is like war! Come back and talk to me when your schools start producing literate students. Come back to me when you country begins to show signs that it can be taken seriously, and it is no more a joke or an embarrassment! Yippee. Nigeria jagajaga abi na BBC? Yeye pipple!
Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by omenziate(m): 9:54am On May 21, 2012
PetroDolla:

Look at this naija goat. Comot for road make serious people talk, huh? If na serious Ghanaman dey talk you want follow? Your country is a joke and an embarrassment! Can you imagine the most pervasive job in nigeria today is charging mobile phones! I approached a young phone vendor on the street of Lagos (precisely at Amowo Odofin) in April to buy a recharge card and couldn’t believe what I saw. He was sitting by a busy road in front of nearly a dozen make-shift restaurants, with a small generator humming in the background. Connected to the generator was a board with about 12 or 15 charging points for mobile phones. So customers drop their phone or batteries for charging. What that means is that most users have two batteries-they drop one for charging while using one with the phone for the day and drop by in the evening to pick up the charged and drop the used one for charging. Can you imagine that in the year 2012? And this is the country whose citizens are throwing their weight all over and pesin no fit hear word again? I don’t even think things are that bad in Somalia, Niger and or even Liberia! Is that the country you want people to take seriously? Damn!
People are talking rubbish because Nigeria is 9th in Internet speed? The assessors were overly generous. What do you expect from a country that cannot provide reliable power to its citizens? Your country is cursed and the sooner you wake up to that reality the better it’ll be for you, dunce. How else can you explain the fact that your country is the 7th largest producer of crude oil in the world and has one of the largest gas reserves and yet cannot provide regular electricity? How do you explain the fact that your country has four refineries yet you import all your refined fuel? How do you explain the fact that your country used to send crude to Ivory Coast to refine and bring back to your country for domestic use? How do you explain the fact that more than 90% of you survive on less than $2 a day despite your so-called oil wealth? How do you explain the fact that no serious academic activity is going on at any Nigerian university? Your female students are prostitutes and your male students are either armed robbers or cult members. All you need do is bribe your lecturer, sleep with them or simply intimidate or harass them and you are a guaranteed a university degree in your miserable nigeria! Why do you think they are all flocking to Ghana to seek better quality education? It is only in Nigeria that a university graduate cannot write in English. I know one such lady at NTA Abuja. She can’t write English and can barely speak it.
How many of you in Nigeria can go to sleep at night with your two eyes shut? How many per capita have access to potable water compared with Ghanaians? How many in comparative terms have access to sound education? What is the infant and maternal rate in nigeria compared with Ghana?
Can you imagine a clueless bombastic slowpoke saying Ghana’s is equal to Lagos in size and GDP or some rubbish like that? Now in terms of size, Nigeria is 3.8 times the size of Ghana. That one is not difficult to establish, or is it? So tell me is lagos one quarter the size of Nigeria? You need to get your heads examined, morons! Do you know the number of airlines flights per day between Accra, lagos and Abuja. Go and find out and you’ll be amazed. And while your fragile brain is seeking that answer, also find out how many trips per day Nigerian transporters like ABC,Cross Country,Ikene de Chukwu etc etc make to Ghana daily. Thousands of your people come every single day to Ghana. Nigerians are all over the place some buying stuff to take back to Nigeria.

I kinda find it very demeaning responding to a mentally deficient slowpoke like you. By characterisation and definition you are an armed robber, a rapist, kidnapper, terrorist, ritualist, an occultist, an extortionist or a 419ner.
Come back and talk to me when you are able to start providing electricity and clean water to your people, when you can organise free and credible elections-every election in nigeria is like war! Come back and talk to me when your schools start producing literate students. Come back to me when you country begins to show signs that it can be taken seriously, and it is no more a joke or an embarrassment! Yippee. Nigeria jagajaga abi na BBC? Yeye pipple!

Baba, take am easy na. Na my country u finish so? God dey see u o. But two of us b friends na.
Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by samir101ng(m): 11:39am On May 21, 2012
PetroDolla:

Wow !!! shocked shocked It's a bitter pill to swallow but you are correct on most points. Am a Nigerian and it pains me to admit it but we have some serious issues to tackle first here in Nigeria before we start pointing accusing fingers at Ghana. Back to the topic, Ghana has the same access to international submarine cables as Nigeria has;

1. SAT3/WASC (Consortium)

2. Main One (Nigerian)

3. Glo 1 (Nigerian)

4. WACS (Consortium)

5. ACE (Consortium)

So, from the above information, only two Nigerian companies (Main One & Glo 1) supply bandwidth to Ghana. Don't forget, Nigeria no longer has SAT3 access with the death of Nitel. Secondly, Ghana still has a functional National Operator Vodafone Ghana that provides Fixed Lines and ADSL Broadband which is non existent in Nigeria http://www.vodafone.com.gh/Internet-Cafes/Fixed-broadband.aspx. You guys should please calculate the tariffs and speeds offered. I dare anybody to show me a Nigerian ISP offering 20Mbps ADSL Broadband Internet. P.S N1000 = c11.86. Do the math. There are many Ghanian ISP's registered on main one's client list. On our side, just 3, discontinuing the telecom operators. More than 80% of Nigeria's internet users use their phones to browse or a USB modem connected to a telecom operator. We all know their Quality of Service is very poor. Population does not translate to faster internet speed and so we should forget about that. That's why Ghana with a fewer population but better infrastructure is faster. So, to me this ranking is a wake up call to Nigerian ISP's and Telecom operators to improve upon their services and make Nigeria's footprint on the internet felt.
Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by DisGuy: 9:40pm On May 21, 2012
PetroDolla:

Chei chei chei

TKO

SMH

where can i hide?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Crazy Laptop Won't Stop Draining My Data (help!!!!!!) / How To Control Windows 8 Data Usage / SOLD. USA Used Lenovo T420 Core I5 For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.