Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,129 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th - Computers (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th (18248 Views)

How To Increase Your Internet Speed With TP Link Router / Nigeria Leads West Africa In Internet Speed / How To Run Internet Speed Test With Dos Command (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by samir101ng(m): 2:56pm On May 22, 2012
No where !!! grin grin

LOL @ TKO. Reminds me of Street Fighter II on SNES.
Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by naturalwaves: 3:33pm On May 25, 2012
PetroDolla:

Heheheheheheheh.... i dey laugh for Swahili...

Look at this naija goat. Comot for road make serious people talk, huh? If na serious Ghanaman dey talk you want follow? Your country is a joke and an embarrassment! Can you imagine the most pervasive job in nigeria today is charging mobile phones! I approached a young phone vendor on the street of Lagos (precisely at Amowo Odofin) in April to buy a recharge card and couldn’t believe what I saw. He was sitting by a busy road in front of nearly a dozen make-shift restaurants, with a small generator humming in the background. Connected to the generator was a board with about 12 or 15 charging points for mobile phones. So customers drop their phone or batteries for charging. What that means is that most users have two batteries-they drop one for charging while using one with the phone for the day and drop by in the evening to pick up the charged and drop the used one for charging. Can you imagine that in the year 2012? And this is the country whose citizens are throwing their weight all over and pesin no fit hear word again? I don’t even think things are that bad in Somalia, Niger and or even Liberia! Is that the country you want people to take seriously? Damn!
People are talking rubbish because Nigeria is 9th in Internet speed? The assessors were overly generous. What do you expect from a country that cannot provide reliable power to its citizens? Your country is cursed and the sooner you wake up to that reality the better it’ll be for you, dunce. How else can you explain the fact that your country is the 7th largest producer of crude oil in the world and has one of the largest gas reserves and yet cannot provide regular electricity? How do you explain the fact that your country has four refineries yet you import all your refined fuel? How do you explain the fact that your country used to send crude to Ivory Coast to refine and bring back to your country for domestic use? How do you explain the fact that more than 90% of you survive on less than $2 a day despite your so-called oil wealth? How do you explain the fact that no serious academic activity is going on at any Nigerian university? Your female students are prostitutes and your male students are either armed robbers or cult members. All you need do is bribe your lecturer, sleep with them or simply intimidate or harass them and you are a guaranteed a university degree in your miserable nigeria! Why do you think they are all flocking to Ghana to seek better quality education? It is only in Nigeria that a university graduate cannot write in English. I know one such lady at NTA Abuja. She can’t write English and can barely speak it.
How many of you in Nigeria can go to sleep at night with your two eyes shut? How many per capita have access to potable water compared with Ghanaians? How many in comparative terms have access to sound education? What is the infant and maternal rate in nigeria compared with Ghana?
Can you imagine a clueless bombastic slowpoke saying Ghana’s is equal to Lagos in size and GDP or some rubbish like that? Now in terms of size, Nigeria is 3.8 times the size of Ghana. That one is not difficult to establish, or is it? So tell me is lagos one quarter the size of Nigeria? You need to get your heads examined, morons! Do you know the number of airlines flights per day between Accra, lagos and Abuja. Go and find out and you’ll be amazed. And while your fragile brain is seeking that answer, also find out how many trips per day Nigerian transporters like ABC,Cross Country,Ikene de Chukwu etc etc make to Ghana daily. Thousands of your people come every single day to Ghana. Nigerians are all over the place some buying stuff to take back to Nigeria.

I kinda find it very demeaning responding to a mentally deficient slowpoke like you. By characterisation and definition you are an armed robber, a rapist, kidnapper, terrorist, ritualist, an occultist, an extortionist or a 419ner.
Come back and talk to me when you are able to start providing electricity and clean water to your people, when you can organise free and credible elections-every election in nigeria is like war! Come back and talk to me when your schools start producing literate students. Come back to me when you country begins to show signs that it can be taken seriously, and it is no more a joke or an embarrassment! Yippee. Nigeria jagajaga abi na BBC? Yeye pipple!

1 Like

Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by naturalwaves: 4:28pm On May 25, 2012
@PetroDolla. Lol. Truth,they say,is bitter. I'm a Nigerian,and I can boldly say dat,most of d things U said are so so true.Well,dat's Nigeria 4 U & it's a problem of leadership. Moreova,most of us suffer 4rm superiority complex as a result of past glories witout looking out 2 see ow much other countries av developed.Although, Nigeria is more populated dan Ghana and d speed will be slower as d bandwidth will be divided by d no of users,the questn is Y is d population strength not used in xpanding d bandwidth cos countries lyk China av alot f populatn and still maintains fast internet speed.It's a problem f 'planning'. See,I'm not sure dat d speed quoted 4 Nigeria ( i.e 2+mbps) is even correct.I think it shuld be stated as,'the highest obtainable speed' because I dnt think up to 20% of internet users in Naija ever gets up to dat speed.Infact,I was so happy d day I got almost 1mbps and dat was fast.One can only imagine wat higher speeds will be like. Nigeria used 2 be beta dan China but almost evry household in China is a manufacturer /producer ryt now no mata ow small-may be bras,pants and even ceramics.Look at Qatar, they won d 2022 bid 4 d world cup.During d tym d world cup wil take place,it is observed dat it will be slightly hot so their govt has started building frames dat will encase air conditioners on d streets so dat visitors can feel comfortable.Dis is 2012 4 goodness sake and they still av 10 years grace.Naija has numerous problems and d solution to our problem is DELIVERANCE.
However,I disagree wit ur point of view abt Nigeria wrt education.Those vices exist in some quatres but it doesn't apply 2 most universities in Nigeria.Fine,there may be some half baked grads out there as Nig is home 2 diff.things and pple but NIGERIA IS A BASE FOR INTELLECTUAL GANGIAS as well wich cannot b matched by Ghanaians. D best cardiovascular surgeon in India is a Nigerian,look at Phillip Emeagwali(African's Bill gates), Okonjo-Iweala,Odaro Omusi e.t.c just 2 mentn a few.Ofcourse,U av Kofi Annan.lol.Nig even has d highest % of WASSCE's best results since d inception of WAEC. Ghana may be beta dan Nigeria economically e.t.c. BUT WEN IT COMES 2 INTELLECT,SHE IS NO MATCH 4 NIGERIA. OK?
Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by akutam: 8:58pm On Jul 13, 2012
o
Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jul 13, 2012
Akwasi:
According to latest statistics from Ookla’s NetIndex, Ghana has been ranked with the fastest broadband Internet speed in Africa.

Ookla is the global leader in broadband testing and web-based network diagnostic applications. Based on millions of recent test results from Speedtest.net, the NetIndex compares and ranks consumer download speeds around the globe.

From the results, Ghana currently has download speeds of up to 5.14 Mbps, ranking it 73rd in the world. The country is closely followed by Kenya with 4.94 Mbps, Angola with 4.53 Mbps, Rwanda with 3.28 Mbps and Zimbabwe with 2.98 Mbps in that particular order.

Other African countries with the fastest broadband speed include South Africa with 2.98 Mbps, ranked 6th in Africa and 105th in the world; Libya with 2.94 Mbps, ranked 7th in Africa; Morocco with 2.77 Mbps, ranked 8th; Nigeria with 2.30 Mbps, ranked 9th in Africa and 129th in the world; and Tunis
http://techloy.com/2012/03/12/africa-top-broadband-speed/
grin[quote author=Akwasi]
According to latest statistics from Ookla’s NetIndex, Ghana has been ranked with the fastest broadband Internet speed in Africa.

Ookla is the global leader in broadband testing and web-based network diagnostic applications. Based on millions of recent test results from Speedtest.net, the NetIndex compares and ranks consumer download speeds around the globe.

From the results, Ghana currently has download speeds of up to 5.14 Mbps, ranking it 73rd in the world. The country is closely followed by Kenya with 4.94 Mbps, Angola with 4.53 Mbps, Rwanda with 3.28 Mbps and Zimbabwe with 2.98 Mbps in that particular order.

Other African countries with the fastest broadband speed include South Africa with 2.98 Mbps, ranked 6th in Africa and 105th in the world; Libya with 2.94 Mbps, ranked 7th in Africa; Morocco with 2.77 Mbps, ranked 8th; Nigeria with 2.30 Mbps, ranked 9th in Africa and 129th in the world; and Tunis
http://techloy.com/2012/03/12/africa-top-broadband-speed/
[/quote
Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by samfibby(m): 4:05am On Jul 16, 2012
@ naturalwaves. Your type will not bring progress to the human race. Yes, nigeria has its own challenges and so what. It is u and is responsibility to make something good out of a country that looks like its not going to work. Even the americans say: dont think of what ur country can do 4 u, but what u can do 4 ur country. If u had been born in america 200 years ago, giving your insane and disgraceful mentality, your type would have killed all dreams an american citizen would have. With ur way of thinking and comments by u, i am sure ghanians, kenyans and the rest of other africans would view u as a disgrace. You think by venting ur anger on an online forum would make u look b4 everyone, GUY U ARE TOTALLY WRONG. In short u are a total loser who wouldnt get anything right in the course of ur existence. I am sure your family and friends would view u as a DISGRACE angry tongue embarassed. cryif they read ur comments. If truly, u are nigerian, i advice u to get a rope now and hang urself from a ceiling angry grin cheesy . DAMN LUNATIC.
Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by EPOMA(m): 10:22pm On Jul 16, 2012
akutam: nkwaiasem, do u mean to tell me that nigerians are intelligent than ghanaians. abua taa. have u ever had a man like nkrumah,or kofi annan or Dr. Busia. the first black man to do heart transplant is a ghanaian. do u know about FID konotey, or go to NASA and ask them about Ghanaians. We tracked the russian satelitte sputnik in legon when the Americans could not even do that. Fool. Do you know that Ghanaians taught in your schools and alot of your leaders schooled in ghana. kwasia. because some nigerians have done well in waec does not mean you are better, first, you present more students and second, you are corrupt people who do not value hardwork, it could very much mean you buy the papers for your students. fool. Ghanaians have on several occasion won the best student. Countries are built by humans and very much their intelligence, compare the two countries and it will tell you the difference in intelligence. ahhh, look this fool. Ghana has the highest literacy rate in West Africa. Abua taa. What country is this that you talk of its intelligence when boko haram is blasting prisons by heart. kwasia. Come to Ghana, you will know that the work reserved for nigerians for selling of pirated dvds. Ahhhhhh. nigeria nii kwasia paa wa ma mi bu afu paa. Do you know how much we helped you gain independence, or you dont call that intelligence. The best black doctors in Africa are mostly from Ghana, thats is why all Africans run to Ghana for their medical care. Do you know the quality of research carried out in Ghanaian Universities, have u heard of Noguchi institute, find out. Abua. You say you are intelligent, hmmm, 20 million Ghanaians, [b]we have produced world acclaimed people that 150 million nigerians. AHHHHHHHHHH, look at them, you dont even trust your universities so u will even kill to be in our [/b]universities. So you dont think universities are what they are because of intelligence of its people. Am not saying you dont have brains, you have, even members of your prestigious boko haram that forbids education have brains, but intelligence is different, it is what you do with your brain, let it reflect, just because one or two nigerians have made it does not mean you are intelligent, abuaa

Nigeria would have had independence since 1952 but it was agreed by azik to wait for the north to get educated more.Stop reading crap and posting it here,

In your dreams, acclaimed people like who, a.ss leaker, you think is Kofi annan was married to a ghananian , white people would trust him?, I dey laugh, UN houseboy.

It is hunger that sent most of your doctors,teacher around africa and shoe polisers to lagos

The internet that you are talking about is mostly funded by Nigerian and vodafone,
I still remeber all you ghananian struggling to to common sardine back home in the 80, so I can never look up you charlie
Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by naturalwaves: 5:59am On Jul 18, 2012
akutam: nkwaiasem, do u mean to tell me that nigerians are intelligent than ghanaians. abua taa. have u ever had a man like nkrumah,or kofi annan or Dr. Busia. the first black man to do heart transplant is a ghanaian. do u know about FID konotey, or go to NASA and ask them about Ghanaians. We tracked the russian satelitte sputnik in legon when the Americans could not even do that. Fool. Do you know that Ghanaians taught in your schools and alot of your leaders schooled in ghana. kwasia. because some nigerians have done well in waec does not mean you are better, first, you present more students and second, you are corrupt people who do not value hardwork, it could very much mean you buy the papers for your students. fool. Ghanaians have on several occasion won the best student. Countries are built by humans and very much their intelligence, compare the two countries and it will tell you the difference in intelligence. ahhh, look this fool. Ghana has the highest literacy rate in West Africa. Abua taa. What country is this that you talk of its intelligence when boko haram is blasting prisons by heart. kwasia. Come to Ghana, you will know that the work reserved for nigerians for selling of pirated dvds. Ahhhhhh. nigeria nii kwasia paa wa ma mi bu afu paa. Do you know how much we helped you gain independence, or you dont call that intelligence. The best black doctors in Africa are mostly from Ghana, thats is why all Africans run to Ghana for their medical care. Do you know the quality of research carried out in Ghanaian Universities, have u heard of Noguchi institute, find out. Abua. You say you are intelligent, hmmm, 20 million Ghanaians, we have produced world acclaimed people that 150 million nigerians. AHHHHHHHHHH, look at them, you dont even trust your universities so u will even kill to be in our universities. So you dont think universities are what they are because of intelligence of its people. Am not saying you dont have brains, you have, even members of your prestigious boko haram that forbids education have brains, but intelligence is different, it is what you do with your brain, let it reflect, just because one or two nigerians have made it does not mean you are intelligent, abuaa
Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by naturalwaves: 7:03am On Jul 18, 2012
@AKUTAM.Your country that just gained independence 3 years earlier helped Nigeria gained independence?(Are U alright?) And u had to tun to our country(which u helped gained independence like u claim) lateron for solutions to ur numerouss economic problems.Is that logical?I suggest U check the dictionary meaning of INDEPENDENCE ok?at least u should av one.What this shows is that u gained a YEYE INDEPENDENCE-U claim to be independent yet u still suffered from slavery.What a shame!
I am sure a lot of Nigerians will not still forget d havoc u guys rained on Naija.Ur women introduced. Prostitution into our country and up till now , any prostitute is usually referred to as a Ghanaian prostitute.With regards to the teaching job,a lot of u got that not cos u are good but cos back in d days,teaching is on d lowest cadre of professions in Nigeria and u couldn't av gotten a better professional job ok?
I referred to the WASSCE cos that is basically d only exam relating the two countries amd d records of performance are there for u to see.U can consult WAEC.U agreed we perform better but u said it is cos we av more candidates presented for d exams,this is ignorance of the highest order.I guess ur so called schools forgot to teach u ow to reason logically and avoid obnoxious fallacies cos going by ur argument,then China is supppsed to be winning the world cup almost every time cos they av a higher number of persons to chose from to make the team.Ur reasoning is indeed a poor one.Aside that,go and check the SAT statistics and u will see that Nigerians av one of the best peeformances or ow many Ghanains av nearly perfect scores in it?
Intelligence is an inborn thing over here in Nigeria.
Can u see that u are an ingrate?U sold puff puff on my street,hawked a whole lot of things,u were a shoe cobbler,u did prostitution as ur women av no moral dignity and virtue which is evident in d senseless movies u chunning out and which is being banned over here.Now,u raising ur shoulders high to d fingers that fed u.U indeed have no respect.Listen Mr Ingrate,if u wanna raise hands,do that to the likes of Somalia,Liberia etc not to ur Master and saviour.
Hardly had u made ur point than u started calling me a fool.Is that ow u were taught to argue?If intelligence is what u do with ur brain like u said,then u are d greatest fooooooooool.Moreover,this is Nairaland,a Nigerian brand.What are u doing here?With d whole of ur intelligence and brilliance u cluldn't design something as good as this forum which has nearly 1 million users.Hmmmmm,Now I really know that intelligence is what u do with ur brains and urs and that of d Ghanains lacks concept and has been lying empty and unused.Wake up from ur slumber greatest fool!
Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by naturalwaves: 8:27am On Jul 18, 2012
samfibby: @ naturalwaves. Your type will not bring progress to the human race. Yes, nigeria has its own challenges and so what. It is u and is responsibility to make something good out of a country that looks like its not going to work. Even the americans say: dont think of what ur country can do 4 u, but what u can do 4 ur country. If u had been born in america 200 years ago, giving your insane and disgraceful mentality, your type would have killed all dreams an american citizen would have. With ur way of thinking and comments by u, i am sure ghanians, kenyans and the rest of other africans would view u as a disgrace. You think by venting ur anger on an online forum would make u look b4 everyone, GUY U ARE TOTALLY WRONG. In short u are a total loser who wouldnt get anything right in the course of ur existence. I am sure your family and friends would view u as a DISGRACE angry tongue embarassed. cryif they read ur comments. If truly, u are nigerian, i advice u to get a rope now and hang urself from a ceiling angry grin cheesy . DAMN LUNATIC.
Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by Nobody: 8:29am On Jul 18, 2012
otumfour: is this why nigerians call themselves light skin

lets stop tht black & light skin talk cuz its really embarrassing

It really is.

LMAO!!

Anywaz, I find Taiye Taiwo (the picture you posted) a very sexy man. . . . that's my Yoruba bros. Mwah!
Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by naturalwaves: 8:58am On Jul 18, 2012
O@Samfibby,I think it is time Seun and d Nairaland Admin started conducting mental tests for persons on d forum.I am sure u would av failed the test.Why are u vexing ur personal issues on a public forum.
Back to the main issue,the first step towards providing a solution to any prob is knowing d prob amd acknowledging it first all.U av failed to acknowledge that we av a problem and it is u that can never bring progress.Ow long is it gonna take for us to see the desired change.It is ur own mentality that is disgraceful.U said U are sure I won't get anything right and am a disgrace to my family and friends.Have we met before?Why are u talking out of context.Well,only few of my mates are better ok?If I tell U my age with respect to my achievements,U myt commit suicide when u compare it with ur life but that is a topic for another day and I wouldn't like to av ur blood hanging on my neck.Anytime U want to type,always let ur head run ur fingers and don't let ur fingers run ur head.Stop being a pretender and liar.U angry cos I said d truth!Truth,they say,is bitter! Listen,inasmuch as I won't take any shit from a bloodly Ghanaian,that doesn't mean that I should pretend that things are really fine and d saving grace for pple like u is that u can seat in one corner of ur house and type nonesence and insult pple like u like cos we can't see.Well,lucky u cos am sure u won't be able to move ur mouth wen u see me.Hmmmmmmmmmm Nairalan gave even insane persons a chance to air their insane opinions.
Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by SmoothCrim: 4:49pm On Jul 18, 2012
This thread is too long but, I will just state one thing:

Boko's and 419 men don't need fast internet!!! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by NetAxisMSP: 11:48pm On Jul 21, 2012
We are one of the only two re-sellers of the HyNet product in Abuja, the HyNet Wimax service is part of a new MTN suite of product called, the MyOffice, please Call NetAxis MSP Solutions Limited on 08092656727 to acquire and setup yours. TRY IT
Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by halfcastt: 1:29am On Jun 11, 2013
GHANA MIGHT BE TOPPING THE CHAT EITHER ECONOMY OR ANYTHING ELSE BUT THEY DONT HAVE CASH, WE NIGERIANS WE DO WITH RAW CASH WE HAVE MONEY I AM TALKING OF REAL CASH NONE OF ANY OF GHANIAN LEADER WOULD HAD THE GUT TO DOWNGRADE US WHERE WAS GHANA IN THE LAST TWO DECADES .....50% OF GHANIAN CITIZEN MIGRATED TO NIGERIA...THEY SURVIVED WITH #SHOE MAKING## I AM NOT DISPUTING THE FACT THAT THEY ARE DOING WELL NOW BUT THEY ARE STILL BEHIND US ........WE MADE THEM....WE WIFED THEM.....LOL
Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by ijasada: 10:34pm On Jun 11, 2013
Well it is fair enough even thou with such a massive population as ours, atleast our ISP's bandwidth can manage us all. They should run a statistics on internet users, 9ja will surely top the list.
ABEG FLOOD MARKET WITH MORE MAGIC SIMS
grin grin
Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jun 12, 2013
What a shame to the zoo.
Re: Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th by otumfour(m): 2:43pm On Jun 12, 2013
halfcastt: GHANA MIGHT BE TOPPING THE CHAT EITHER ECONOMY OR ANYTHING ELSE BUT THEY DONT HAVE CASH, WE NIGERIANS WE DO WITH RAW CASH WE HAVE MONEY I AM TALKING OF REAL CASH NONE OF ANY OF GHANIAN LEADER WOULD HAD THE GUT TO DOWNGRADE US WHERE WAS GHANA IN THE LAST TWO DECADES .....50% OF GHANIAN CITIZEN MIGRATED TO NIGERIA...THEY SURVIVED WITH #SHOE MAKING## I AM NOT DISPUTING THE FACT THAT THEY ARE DOING WELL NOW BUT THEY ARE STILL BEHIND US ........WE MADE THEM....WE WIFED THEM.....LOL

stupidity is ur name, now say "present sir" nkwasias3m paa'nie

grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Crazy Laptop Won't Stop Draining My Data (help!!!!!!) / How To Control Windows 8 Data Usage / SOLD. USA Used Lenovo T420 Core I5 For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.