Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,742 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? (34213 Views)

Igbos Have Developed And Own 80% Of Lagos / Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? / A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by tchituz(m): 9:09pm On Mar 16, 2012
I served at imo state..owerri municipal τ̅☺ be precise..buh I grew up in PH city..owerri is a nys place seriousli buh ph beat dem shaa...
Ðε̲̣̣̣̥Ÿ got hotels clubs nyt life nd stuFf..buh here in PH at anoda level...
Moreova ðε̲̣̣̣̥Ÿ hardli speak english at owerri Õoooº°˚ ˚°º.. ..ðε̲̣̣̣̥Ÿ imagine Ųя an igbo boi nd start blastin Ʊ..TGIF...yipeeeee
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Mar 16, 2012
Ejiné: More on Anambra. . .

This is AWKA! shocked shocked shocked shocked

Follow this link to find out more! shocked http://www.elombah.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3882:the-anambra-tragedy&catid=36:pointblank

that is not awka
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by Ejine(m): 9:14pm On Mar 16, 2012
Peter Obi's world-class achievements:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
http://afripol.org/afripol/itemlist/tag/Onitsha.html

Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by Ejine(m): 9:15pm On Mar 16, 2012
Let the truth be known cool
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by Okijajuju1(m): 9:16pm On Mar 16, 2012
Port -Harcourt & Owerri?! Nigga please!!!!

Their is no room for comparison. . . Owerri is light years behind PH in terms of everything. Economically, Developmentally, infrastructurally, culturally and every other 'rally' you can think up.

The day Owerri can boast of having half the population density of PH, then we can talk.

My advice to Owerri is 'stay in your lane'. PH is like a Mack Truck to your Picanto. I would have suggested comparing with Uyo but who are we kidding, even Uyo sef pass Owerri. Try Ebonyi or Ekiti
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by Ejine(m): 9:17pm On Mar 16, 2012
re@lchange:

that is not awka

Follow the link. The article tags it clearly as Awka!
On top of that, the title of the picture itself is Awka2.jpg
I know that place! I have BEEN there!! angry
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by Ejine(m): 9:18pm On Mar 16, 2012
re@lchange:

looks like orumba, not awka
una don start again

The first picture, I clearly stated as Awka, while the second picture is Orumba.
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by MrGlobe(m): 9:19pm On Mar 16, 2012
Danigmatic: now I see,,calling hotels eva heard of presidential hotels?,,,,clubs eva heard of cassablanca?,,eddie's wine bar,? †ђξ list is endless,,
You are not ashamed to rep presidential hotel in a public forum. A 17th century hotel. Cassablanca, the den of dirty harlotry you mean? Enter the clubs and all you hear is irrelevant music and the feel by the people that they are balling. LoL. I dont have anything against ph but ph is overrated
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Mar 16, 2012
Ejiné:

The first picture, I clearly stated as Awka, while the second picture is Orumba.

i am posting what a reader of that site commented:

Dear Daniel,
I happen to be a regular visitor to your site because of the constructive criticism on burning national and local issues. This particular article on Anambra State is not particularly true because it is mixed with truth, half truth, and falsehood. I will particularly suggest that proper investigation be done before such serious publication is published. It is offensive in some areas as any negative issue on Anambra State is believed by people even when they are not true. Please do take time to investigate your reports before publishing so as not to lose confidence of the reading public.
Thanks all the same for your bringing to the fore burning issues.

mr daniel elomba is not particulary fair because obi dropped etiaba -elombas fellow nnewi woman in his second term
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Mar 16, 2012
anoda reader:

there are some exagirated falsehood in this article. please there's no need 2 exagerate a story for the sake of it, especially when you are aware that people are most likely 2 believe any negative news about anambra state!
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Mar 16, 2012
@ejine

that story is even 2 years old shocked
una too dey desperate to win
shame on you people
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Mar 16, 2012
another:

Your article blamed Governor Obi for both his own failings and the failings of the federal government. Moreover, it is full of half-truths and falsehood. Do you truly believe that the Governor bribed Iwu so as to declare him the winner of the last election? We all would love to see the proof. Please verify your facts before making blanket accusations because people might believe them.
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Mar 16, 2012
yet another:

This is very very far from what is happening in Anambra State. You dont have to blame the gov of a failed federal security agencies. Robbery and kidnap is not only in Anambra, for your information my in law was kidnapped in Kano and huge sum was paid for his release.

What you said about schools and health care in Anambra is outright falsehood because I know that gov Obi has done far better than any other gov in those areas.

Please be sure of your write up, unless you are dancing to a drum from the bush
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Mar 16, 2012
too many idiots on this thread basically
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by Ejine(m): 9:26pm On Mar 16, 2012
re@lchange:

i am posting what a reader of that site commented:

Dear Daniel,
I happen to be a regular visitor to your site because of the constructive criticism on burning national and local issues. This particular article on Anambra State is not particularly true because it is mixed with truth, half truth, and falsehood. I will particularly suggest that proper investigation be done before such serious publication is published. It is offensive in some areas as any negative issue on Anambra State is believed by people even when they are not true. Please do take time to investigate your reports before publishing so as not to lose confidence of the reading public.
Thanks all the same for your bringing to the fore burning issues.

mr daniel elomba is not particulary fair because obi dropped etiaba -elombas fellow nnewi woman in his second term

Now, the problem is, the guy disagreeing with the article failed to state which areas had the 'truths and half truths', so should we take his opinion seriously? Does the fact that he posted it make his words gospel? I have constantly told all of you that Obi is completely clueless, and I can cite over 30 occasions out the top of my head.
So, until that brother goes to give us proof regarding the truths and half truths? I won't be taking his opinion seriously either.
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by MrGlobe(m): 9:27pm On Mar 16, 2012
Okija_juju: Port -Harcourt & Owerri?! Nigga please!!!!

Their is no room for comparison. . . Owerri is light years behind PH in terms of everything. Economically, Developmentally, infrastructurally, culturally and every other 'rally' you can think up.

The day Owerri can boast of having half the population density of PH, then we can talk.

My advice to Owerri is 'stay in your lane'. PH is like a Mack Truck to your Picanto. I would have suggested comparing with Uyo but who are we kidding, even Uyo sef pass Owerri. Try Ebonyi or Ekiti
we not talking population, we talking city planning, decorum and advancement. Which of you guys have even been in rumuomasi, choba and the rest? Take aba road out of ph and ph is dead! Everything in ph is centered around aba rd
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by Ejine(m): 9:29pm On Mar 16, 2012
re@lchange:
@ejine

that story is even 2 years old shocked
una too dey desperate to win
shame on you people

That is the POINT! I stand bold to tell you that those issues have STILL not been ADDRESSED! THAT is the FREAKING point!
Now, do you want me to post a recent one? Cuz I gat it too!
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Mar 16, 2012
Ejiné:

Now, the problem is, the guy disagreeing with the article failed to state which areas had the 'truths and half truths', so should we take his opinion seriously? Does the fact that he posted it make his words gospel? I have constantly told all of you that Obi is completely clueless, and I can cite over 30 occasions out the top of my head.
So, until that brother goes to give us proof regarding the truths and half truths? I won't be taking his opinion seriously either.

you post a 2 year old article written by a very angry biased man who peter obi dropped his towns woman from being his deputy
and you hope to get truth? everything in that article is a lie that you can foist on any state in nigeria
there are bad spots all over nigeria

you are biased
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Mar 16, 2012
Ejiné:

That is the POINT! I stand bold to tell you that those issues have STILL not been ADDRESSED! THAT is the FREAKING point!

that is not the point because you haven't posted new information
obi may have fixed some of those roads and you are here crucifying him
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by razznaija(f): 9:32pm On Mar 16, 2012
Portharcourt is much more developed than Owerri and its much more dirtier than Owerri.
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by MrGlobe(m): 9:34pm On Mar 16, 2012
SMFH... Where is chino11? Come and defend your backward Awka. They say pictures dont lie yet one confused individual is trying to tell us pictures lie because of paid comments he 'fished' from the post. Anambra must never forgive peter obi for leaving the state in this shameful condition
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by Ejine(m): 9:40pm On Mar 16, 2012
Mr. Globe:
SMFH... Where is chino11? Come and defend your backward Awka. They say pictures dont lie yet one confused individual is trying to tell us pictures lie because of paid comments he 'fished' from the post. Anambra must never forgive peter obi for leaving the state in this shameful condition

You dey mind am.
I understand RealChange probably thinks I'm attacking Anambrans, but that is a very big lie, and anyone with a clear and open mind can see the motive behind my comments. you see him picking out contrary views in the blog's talkback, and using it as a way of saying Obi is really working. Isn't that just laughable?
Ah well. . . Looks like the brotha's mind is well made up, so I won't stand on his way wink
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by MrGlobe(m): 9:41pm On Mar 16, 2012
Ejiné:

abeg, its better heard than seen. Since the chief strategist to peter obi in nairaland chino no wan reject the pictures
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by Ejine(m): 9:47pm On Mar 16, 2012
Now, as a parting shot at my brother RealChange. . .
If your logic on the Opposing Belief theory is to hold sway, I guess that should make the words of failed Ohakim internet lackeys (like T.Collins, Iudoagwu, Andrewnwa) gospel, yeh? Since all they have to do is come in on an Ohakim attack and simply denounce the laid-out points as false, no?
Here's a link properly describing what I mean:

https://www.nairaland.com/660023/who-really-rochas#8259417
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by ikogigodgi: 9:57pm On Mar 16, 2012
ph 2 make sence...na Placess like enugu u go tak compear ph
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by MrEverest(m): 9:58pm On Mar 16, 2012
Honestly speaking both cities are beautiful and always endears visitors to them.it is always a huge contrast whenever i travel to Aba from any of these cities, its as if moving from first world country to a third world country. in terms of aesthetics, serenity and neatness, i give to Owerri but PH is more cosmopolitan and fast paced. Again when it comes to groove n flexing it appears that Owerri is fast leaving PH behind,to understand what i'm saying you can go to Portharcourt road on friday evening and see the huge volume of cars entering Owerri from PH.
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by Tinyemeka(m): 10:01pm On Mar 16, 2012
Ejiné: More on Anambra. . .

This is AWKA! shocked shocked shocked shocked

Follow this link to find out more! shocked http://www.elombah.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3882:the-anambra-tragedy&catid=36:pointblank

In the meantime, ‘the very processes of government are reduced to hollow rituals for rent seeking and glorified indolence. Nothing gets done except in the service of a very corrupt officialdom. Salaries of workers have remained unpaid. Pensioners have forgotten when last they got paid. The most elementary responsibilities of government are everywhere in abeyance. Teachers do not get paid. Hospitals have neither drugs nor personnel. Existing manpower in state institutions is so demoralized that the threat of mass suicide looms. Local governments see only a fraction of their statutory allocation’[/i]."

I hope you guys are having a look at the TRUE realities that are on ground. Don't let this pompous idiiotic sycophant foool you. Instead of rolling up his sleeves and actually getting to work on the shocking things happening in that dead zone, he's here on the internet trying to denigrate Owerri - a city that is far more progressive than he and his gang of underfed lackeys can ever think of competing with.

Eh! I think he has fled the scene. Dede biko mee re ya ebere, for he knoweth not what he says.
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Mar 16, 2012
Mr. Globe:

don run when chino11 comes with his own pictures of owerri
una no dey learn
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by Machini(m): 10:03pm On Mar 16, 2012
While going thru dis thread and seeing the OP's (Mr. Globe abi Mr. Local Champion) comments, I just started wondering why he started dis thread in d first place, since he already had his mind made up bout d answer to his silly question.
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by bestview: 10:09pm On Mar 16, 2012
Freaking eddiot called ejine, your frustration has overtaken you to the extent that you are now calling me chino. There is nobody on NL that does not know that am from Omoku in Rivers state.
Maybe this chino has really murdered you on NL, because you dream about this guy/girl every minute you spend on NL. The fear of chino is the beginning of wisdom for ejine lol. Yea I read where Onlytruth and Chino linched you on NL. grin

If I may ask what is your frustration and fear about Anambra and Peter Obi. You go about spewing rubbish and fake news about other people's state while your home state is in tetters, kidnapping infested and ungovernable. maybe an Anambra girl frustrated and dumped you poor nigger; who knows. grin grin grin grin

As for me I prefer a state like River, Lagos and Anambra where development is evenly spread than a small locked up land called owerre. Its an insult to the sensibility of we Rivers people for us to be compared with harlotry infested owerre and imo state. We are having swell time @ Casablanca. cheesy
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by Abagworo(m): 10:10pm On Mar 16, 2012
Dede1:

Wow!!! Bros, even if Port Harcourt is Lagos, it could not be compared with Owerri that stretched to Orlu. Port Harcourt has not yet engulfed Umuebula, Iriebe and Obigbo. In fact, Owerri is stretching faster than Port Harcourt. However, I do not wish to get into argument between Owerri and Port Harcourt. By the way, Port Harcourt (Igwe-ocha) was originally designed to be beautiful hence Garden City. I honestly believed Owerri is designed to look like Port Harcourt without the benefit of the Sea.

Port Harcourt is more developed from the infrastructural view point than Owerri but Owerri is better planned landscape wise than Port Harcourt.

Dede I know Owerri and Port Harcourt so well that I know the entire streets in both towns. Iriebe, Umuebule, Igbo-Etche, Obigbo, Afam, Akpajo, Alesa, Nchia, Onne, Choba, Umuosi, Alakahia, Nkpolu , Rumuolumeni, Eagle Island , Abuloma, Borokiri, Okrika, Omuagwa, Igwruta are my cutting edges of greater Port Harcourt.

There is no greater Owerri as Owerri itself is not fully built up from amakohia/Akwakuma to Otamiri/Mechanic village to Umuguma to Arugo park to Orji to Trans-Egbu to Nekede/Nazi. My mother is from Port -Harcourt while my father is from Owerri per say. Oguta and Ikwerre precisely.
Re: Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? by MrEverest(m): 10:10pm On Mar 16, 2012
we not talking population, we talking city planning, decorum and advancement. Which of you guys have even been in rumuomasi, choba and the rest? Take aba road out of ph and ph is dead! Everything in ph is centered around aba rd GBAM cool cool cool you said it all bro, PH almost starts and ends with Aba road which on its own is a continuation of Enugu-PH exp way

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Shagari's Burial ‘Reunites’ Buhari And Tambuwal (Photos) / Residents Protest As EFCC Storms Ambode’s House (Photos) / Unknown Gunmen Hideout Exposed By Joint Forces In Oba, Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.