Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,841 members, 7,813,831 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:24 PM

Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) (4858 Views)

Igbo In Lagos Present 7-Point Demand To Ambode / 18 Chisco Buses Bunrt Down By APC Igbo In Crucial Meeting Total War In Lagos Pix / Igbo In Lagos Endorse Agbaje (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by olayinka1987: 2:12am On Mar 19, 2012
afam4eva:

Yourubas are warmth no doubt,just like Igbos and others but it's unfortunate when people go about saying that Igbos are in lagos because Yorubas are welcoming. That's absolute bunkum. I guess the northerners are also welcoming since you have millions of Igbos there that there lives are been threatened daily. Also, how are the Yorubas in the east faring? Are they been maltreated?

Please lipsrsealed

Compare the amount of Igbo people in Yorubaland to the amount of Yorubas in Igboland. The numbers don't even come close to matching up.If Yorubas flooded the East like Igbos have done Youbaland, Igbo people would be up in arms about it.The truth is Igbos have left Igboland undeveloped and wretched. The place is packed to the rafters with armed robbers and fraudsters. Its a horrible place. Yoruba people like to stay in Yorubaland. Imagine all these Igbo kids that speak perfect Yoruba but can't speak a word of Igbo...IS THAT A GOOD THING? It's shameful if you ask me lipsrsealed.
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by joeyfire(m): 2:16am On Mar 19, 2012
olayinka1987:

Yes and we've all seen how Hausa people treat the Igbos up there haven't we? Just wait until the next time the Northerner wakes up feeling thirsty for Igbo blood..You'll see what will happen cool

O boy no deceive yourself. Its obvious u either know nigeria via the internet or just looking for something that sounds smart to say. Northern mobs will murder ANY non northerner they find. You better pray that none of your own kinsmen are butchered when the nonsense you are praying for happens. It has been happening but I guess your twisted pseudo-sexual fantasy for an igbo person dying outweighs the sense of loss when a yoruba man is murdered. Dude u need counselling
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by Nnenna1(f): 2:19am On Mar 19, 2012
olayinka1987: [/b]

Please lipsrsealed

Compare the amount of Igbo people in Yorubaland to the amount of Yorubas in Igboland. The numbers don't even come close to matching up.If Yorubas flooded the East like Igbos have done Youbaland, Igbo people would be up in arms about it.The truth is Igbos have left Igboland undeveloped and wretched. The place is packed to the rafters with armed robbers and fraudsters. Its a horrible place. Yoruba people like to stay in Yorubaland. Imagine all these Igbo kids that speak perfect Yoruba but can't speak a word of Igbo...IS THAT A GOOD THING? It's shameful if you ask me lipsrsealed.

This is also a comment (or variants of it) I see often from Non-Igbos regardless of tribe. Igbos do this as well, don't get me wrong. I guess we're not as in your face with it as we are the most "evident" migrants and it would seem hypocritical.

Off-topic, but Africans seem to be very territorial. You see this a lot Ghana, South Africa etc.

The hostility doesn't extend to non-Blacks though.
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by Nnenna1(f): 2:20am On Mar 19, 2012
bashr8: igbos are in yorubaland the same way yorubas are in igboland these dumb yorubas sould get off this thread and stop polluting it, these yorubas are all over onitsha ,aba and ph we igbos accomodate them in our land we dont harrass them in any way like they use opc to harras non yorubas yet these ungratefull dogs want to boast about accomodating people even when they dont contribute anything to the economy of igboland . ungratefull ofemmanus. meanwhile get off this thread it has nothing to do with you. your still poorer than igbo anyway even with our massive investments outside igboland.

This is beyond Igbo-Yoruba.

I think that this is a Black or African thing. We would do this as well if we were in their shoes, I think.
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by Nobody: 2:23am On Mar 19, 2012
bashr8: Please

another pig , remove lagos theres nothing in the southwest , no south west city or state can compete with igbo cities and states ,thats if you even have cities in southwest, igbos are in lagos because it is the commercial capital nothing more, [b]for every igboman posted to anyother yoruba state a yoruba man will equally be posted to igboand or another part of nigeria thats how civil service, banks, nysc,public companies, military ,police etc operate olodo

I guess all those Igbo traders in Ekiti were posted there by the Federal Government grin You learn new things everyday.
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by bashr8: 2:24am On Mar 19, 2012

I think that this is a Black or African thing. We would do this as well if we were in their shoes, I think.

i dont get their point i dont see us complaining about yorubas in onitsha ,aba,ph, enugu ,asba,etc, have you been to onitsha main market , that place is flooded with yoruba traders, go to eko awka in awka yorubas have taken over a large section. banks , teaching etc let me not even talk about ph and aba yet we dont complain , na only them get mouth to complain, Bleep them they should go f..uck themselves, i cant wait for this cursed nation to divide.
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by bashr8: 2:25am On Mar 19, 2012

i dont get their point i dont see us complaining about yorubas in onitsha ,aba,ph, enugu ,asba,etc, have you been to onitsha main market , that place is flooded with yoruba traders, go to eko awka in awka yorubas have taken over a large section. banks , teaching etc let me not even talk about ph and aba yet we dont complain , na only them get mouth to complain, Bleep them they should go f..uck themselves, i cant wait for this cursed nation to divide.i wish massob will start harrasing them like opc harras non yorubas, infact yorubas since they are tired they should start kicking out igbos in yorubaland that is exactly what we need to have igbos start investing in igboland only.
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by bashr8: 2:26am On Mar 19, 2012
aigbofa
I guess all those Igbo traders in Ekiti were posted there by the Federal Government You learn new things everyday.

and i guess all the yoruba traders in aba where posted by federal govt too olodo.
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by bashr8: 2:27am On Mar 19, 2012
this is not about who lives more in where it is about igbos investing all their money in igboland and no where else.
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by olayinka1987: 2:28am On Mar 19, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^Igbos do not suffer from a "self hatred complex", or you care to show proof to support your claim? Is your assertion based on the fact that Igbo are to be found in most parts of Nigeria more than any other group? If so, then how can you term such a trend "self hatred" when an equally large number of Igbos can be found in China, USA, South Africa, Etc? If your argument is that they develop other places rather than Alaigbo, i would agree with you to the extent that it's a problem born out of misplaced priorities, and not a 'calculated attempt' to wilfully deny Alaigbo of any investment funds they may have; it's a problem that arises from having too much faith in this 'one Naijeria' project; a fact which i've already alluded to in my previous post. So you see, you've used the wrong term/phrase to try and convey your thoughts on the issue, which may have been a genuine mistake on your part, or an attempt to 'try' and ridicle Ndigbo wink. Maybe we should try and be a bit more insular (regarding Nigeria) don't you think?; a bit more like you guys.

You say we're "FLOODING Yoruba land" do you? Would that happen to be Lagos (the commercial capital of a FREE Nigeria), or are you refering to the whole of Yorubaland? If you're refering to Lagos, all i can say is you just have to deal with it, as it's the price you pay for "one Naijeria"; i thought some peeps fought a civil war to keep us one undecided? Abi you no like am as e be so?

On some of the diasporan Igbos you've met not being able to speak Igbo, i agree it's a shameful thing; it's also shameful in the UK and US where you find Yoruba and Igbo youths with the same problem. I can assure you such a situation would either not arise, or would have been barely noticeable if an independent Igbo Nation had ever existed. These problems are part of what growing up and living in diaspora come with. Annoying innit?

The main reason why you don't see yorubas running off to Alaigbo (besides the fact they aren't that adventurous like Igbos are) is b'cos Lagos (the commercial/industrial capital of Nigeria) is in the South West. No other reason mate.
Nigeria has configured the economic set-up in such a way (through the wuruwuru of certain cliques/groups over the decades) that they've not given each region (as defined by those we had just after independence) equal resources/opportunities to make the most of their natural/human resources: everything has either been targeted at Lagos or Abuja. A fair situation would be for each geo-political zone to have a city which would get commensurate attention/allocation of resources as Lagos did, and Abuja now gets. Then if you see Igbos "FLOODING" your neck of the woods, you'd have a right to complain.

The "noise making" you speak of would be termed as such by a monumental bigot and tribal champion such as your sorry sel[b]f, but would be seen as a just and timely demand for nothing but our due [/b]by fair-minded neutrals who thankfully outnumber your ilk comfortably. There are certain individuals/groups we [b]DO NOT [/b]want respect from, and scum like you personify such.

Ciao wink.

What "due" are you referring too? If Igbos want their due they should go back to the East and work for it. Put hand back in your pocket son. This is Nigeria, there are no handouts here for moochers and crybabies. Keep banging on about your "Independent Igbo Nation" lol. How will that work? So many Igbo people are too lazy to even speak the language. They'd rather speak Yoruba instead. grin. But hey, if by some stroke of luck you people do start this "Igbo Utopia" please remember to take your drug dealers, prostitutes, yahoo boys and layabouts with you. Don't leave them here in Yorubaland for us to deal with. Thank you grin
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by aljharem(m): 2:28am On Mar 19, 2012
^^^^

New tribalist, hmmmmmmm
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by aljharem(m): 2:29am On Mar 19, 2012
olayinka1987:

What "due" are you referring too? If Igbos want their due they should go back to the East and work for it. Put hand back in your pocket son. This is Nigeria, there are no handouts here for moochers and crybabies. Keep banging on about your "Independent Igbo Nation" lol. How will that work? So many Igbo people are too lazy to even speak the language. They'd rather speak Yoruba instead. grin. But hey, if by some stroke of luck you people do start this "Igbo Utopia" please remember to take your drug dealers, prostitutes, yahoo boys and layabouts with you. Don't leave them here in Yorubaland for us to deal with. Thank you grin

what do you think you are doing ? We are trying to build bridges not break them,
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by bashr8: 2:31am On Mar 19, 2012
there are more yoruba efulefus than igbos efulefus, all the igbos in igboland speak igbo but lots of yorubas in yorubaland cant speak yoruba and understand only english same with lots of yorubas in igboland they cant speak yoruba, yorubas should get off this thread even when we complain we are still better than you. there are more crime rate in oyo state than in the whole southeast so lets not even talk of crime.
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by olayinka1987: 2:31am On Mar 19, 2012
Nnenna1:

This is also a comment (or variants of it) I see often from Non-Igbos regardless of tribe. Igbos do this as well, don't get me wrong. I guess we're not as in your face with it as we are the most "evident" migrants and it would seem hypocritical.

Off-topic, but Africans seem to be very territorial. You see this a lot Ghana, South Africa etc.

The hostility doesn't extend to non-Blacks though.

Don't be silly. very race deals with this. Ask how pakis/Asians in England are treated. Or how Mexicans are treated in the US by White Americans. Humans are naturally territorial. It has nothing to do with skin color!
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by Nobody: 2:32am On Mar 19, 2012
bashr8: aigbofa
I guess all those Igbo traders in Ekiti were posted there by the Federal Government You learn new things everyday.

and i guess all the yoruba traders in aba where posted by federal govt too olodo.

I merely repeated your idio.tic statement. So, you are the olodo.
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by DuduNegro: 2:32am On Mar 19, 2012
It's just like saying the part of Abuja that is the capital is the FCT and not other parts of Abuja or it's like saying the part of Ikeja that is the capital of lagos is Alausa and not Ogba, Allen Avenue, Maryland and co. You see how silly this statement you guys have been saying.

Lagos was a colony first until 1899 when it became a protectorate. In 1900 it became a part of the Southern protectorate while still retaining its colony status. In 1914, when South and North were almagamated, it retained its colony and protectorate status. When the regions were created, Lagos was part of Western State and Region, except for the Lagos colony. In 1960. at Independence, the part of it that was a colony became FCT, the other parts were under Western Region. In 1966, first coup, Ironsi labeled it Federal Capital of Nigeria. In 1966, second coup, Gowon reverted its status back to FCT. 1967 he carved out a small portion of Western State (lower part of Ogun State) and created Lagos State. The capital of Lagos State and the capital of the Federal Government were coincidentally located on Lagos Island. The two shared capitals untill 1976 when when FCT was relocated to Abuja. The same year that Lagos State relocated its capital to Ikeja.

The affairs of the Federal Government were conducted in Independence House, at Odan (later became Tafawa Balewa Square) and adjacent to the main entrance into King's College. The building was later turned to Defence Hdqrts after FCT relocated. The Lagos Government conducted its own administrative business out of City Hall on Oil Mill Strt, adjacent to the residence hall entrance of King's College. I shared this to give you a visual of the proximity of the two levels, Fed and State, and to counter your quoted response above.

Up until when Abuja became FCT, Lagos had two strata of Administration. . . .Federal Government was a tenant on the land. If you want to know why Lagos remained a colony, limited only to Island and Ikoyi (which was grandfathered to become the FCT) you will have to study the treaty of cessesion of Lagos. Oba Oyekan was highly displeased with Ironsi's attempt to make Federal Govt a Land Owner in Lagos and this displeasure was registered in Western House which played a major role into Gowon's decision to reverse Ironsi's action.

Don;t make me school you on Lagos History. lol!!
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by Nnenna1(f): 2:33am On Mar 19, 2012
One example is the website at Oyibos Online. The members there (who are foreign expatriates based in Nigeria) say the most derogatory things about their hosts, and act on their prejudices in several instances in real life.

Yet none of us burns 1 calorie discussing them with as much fervor and passion as I see here.

Crabs in a bucket mentality?
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by bashr8: 2:33am On Mar 19, 2012
what do you think you are doing ? We are trying to build bridges not break them,

Bleep bridges burn them down everybody should go back to their region ,nigeria should break up for good so that the yorubas can remain backward like they are now
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by olayinka1987: 2:33am On Mar 19, 2012
bashr8: there are more yoruba efulefus than igbos efulefus, all the igbos in igboland speak igbo but lots of yorubas in yorubaland cant speak yoruba and understand only english same with lots of yorubas in igboland they cant speak yoruba, yorubas should get off this thread even when we complain we are still better than you. t[b]here are more crime rate in oyo state than in the whole southeast [/b]so lets not even talk of crime.

Please don't get me started on the crime rates in the East. We all know about the insane amount of armed robbers, fraudsters and drug dealers out there. The Armed robbers are one of the main reasons alot Igbo people have ran away from that place. They don't feel safe in the East!!!
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by olayinka1987: 2:34am On Mar 19, 2012
Nnenna1: One example is the website at Oyibos Online. The members there (who are foreign expatriates based in Nigeria) say the most derogatory things about their hosts, and act on their prejudices in several instances in real life.

Yet none of us burns 1 calorie discussing them with as much fervor and passion as I see.

Crabs in a bucket mentality?

I don't care about oyinbos.
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by Nnenna1(f): 2:35am On Mar 19, 2012
olayinka1987:

Don't be silly. very race deals with this. Ask how pakis/Asians in England are treated. Or how Mexicans are treated in the US by White Americans. Humans are naturally territorial. It has nothing to do with skin color!

I don't think you understand what I was getting at.
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by Nnenna1(f): 2:36am On Mar 19, 2012
olayinka1987:

I don't care about oyinbos.

You'd have to define what "don't care" means.
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by bashr8: 2:36am On Mar 19, 2012
Please don't get me started on the crime rates in the East. We all know about the insane amount of armed robbers, fraudsters and drug dealers out there. The Armed robbers are one of the main reasons alot Igbo people have ran away from that place. They don't feel safe in the East!!!

i see you are new, better ask your yoruba brothers we can start pulling out statistics now and not beer palour rumours without source, oyo state have more crime than 2/3 southeast states , and more crime than lagos . donmt make me disgrace you here
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by olayinka1987: 2:37am On Mar 19, 2012
joeyfire:

O boy no deceive yourself. Its obvious u either know nigeria via the internet or just looking for something that sounds smart to say. Northern mobs will murder ANY non northerner they find. You better pray that none of your own kinsmen are butchered when the nonsense you are praying for happens. It has been happening but I guess your twisted pseudo-sexual fantasy for an igbo person dying outweighs the sense of loss when a yoruba man is murdered. Dude u need counselling

Yes I'm very aware of that. Yoruba do not get a free pass from murder mobs of savage Northerners but it's mainly the Igbo that the Northerners hate. You know it and I know it.
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by bashr8: 2:39am On Mar 19, 2012
igbo people are not running away from igboland the population there is stil about 30 million which is approximate of our total population, we just dont want them investing in your pathetic lagos. stop posting ignorant statements.
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by aljharem(m): 2:39am On Mar 19, 2012
Una don start with your rubbish again

Who the hell is this Olayinka mumu pesin
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by olayinka1987: 2:40am On Mar 19, 2012
Nnenna1:

You'd have to define what "don't care" means.

What part of "I don't care about oyinbo" puzzled you?
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by aljharem(m): 2:40am On Mar 19, 2012
bashr8: igbo people are not running away from igboland the population there is stil about 30 million which is approximate of our total population, we just dont want them investing in your pathetic lagos. stop posting ignorant statements.

About time you stop paying him attention.
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by bashr8: 2:40am On Mar 19, 2012
Yes I'm very aware of that. Yoruba do not get a free pass from murder mobs of savage Northerners but it's mainly the Igbo that the Northerners hate. You know it and I know it.

keep deluding yourselves, more yorubas where killed than anny other group during the post election riot , infact aboks come all the way to yorubaland to kill you in your own land, fool. from ogun to oyo to kwara they have been slaughtering you , i guess you are new here to realise than .i dey laugh your stupidity.
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by Nobody: 2:41am On Mar 19, 2012
olayinka1987:

This is hardest part for insecure Igbo people too admit. Igbo people know good and well that if Lagos was in the North the Northerners would NEVER allow that many Igbos to live there. The fact that Lagos is in Yorubaland has been a blessing in disguise for ungreatful Ndigbo. We Yoruba people are beyond welcoming too these people. The fact we don't kill them everytime our blood pressure rises like the Northerners do says it all. It wouldn't hurt if noise making Ndigbo acknowledged this once and showed a bit of respect once in a while.

which blood pressure? Actually I understand you trying to be a bigot to get attention on NL but when you make statements, try read meaning to it. How s is Igbo giving you blood pressure? I know some of you here(especially yorubas thats not originally from lagos) normally get frustrated at Igbos about lagos espcially when you cant buy a land from there. Its only ppl that dont understand how frustrated ppl like you do online will take you serious, see hausa that are killing Igbos aint doing it out of any blood pressure but lack of education(Illitracy) which leads to idealness and religion extremist(mostly muslim). But I cant say same with yorubas in lagos cos atleast majority are educated and less religoin extremist, so stop using "we' as the ppl to get blood pressure to start killing Igbos,Im not stopping you personally from killing Igbos but stop associating with others to do same

NT:I dont have a house in lagos neither do my father has any but I have been there to know about the yorubas there with the ones I met here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Happy New Year To Politics Section Members! – Lets Discuss 2014! / PDP Has Failed Nigeria, Let Us Try APC / Nigeria And IBOPHOBIA - Fear Of The Ibo Tribe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.