Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,754 members, 7,813,484 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:54 PM

Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) (4857 Views)

Igbo In Lagos Present 7-Point Demand To Ambode / 18 Chisco Buses Bunrt Down By APC Igbo In Crucial Meeting Total War In Lagos Pix / Igbo In Lagos Endorse Agbaje (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by olayinka1987: 2:42am On Mar 19, 2012
bashr8: igbo people are not running away from igboland the population there is stil about 30 million which is approximate of our total population, we just dont want them investing in your pathetic lagos. stop posting ignorant statements.

So what do you intend to do about it? How can you stop your Igbo brothers from investing/living/committing crime in Lagos?
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by Nnenna1(f): 2:44am On Mar 19, 2012
olayinka1987:

What part of "I don't care about oyinbo" puzzled you?

Oh sorry now I understand. You don't care that they being migrants think of and treat Nigerians with disdain even though we are just as accommodating to them as we are to our fellow Nigerians. But this sort of topic gets you excited.

I wanted to give you a chance to clarify but I guess this is what it means.

Carry on - apologies for the interruption.
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by DuduNegro: 2:45am On Mar 19, 2012
bashr, stop lying to score points. If you dont have credible response shut up and stop stroking yourself to feel good.
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by olayinka1987: 2:45am On Mar 19, 2012
bashr8: Please

Compare the amount of Igbo people in Yorubaland to the amount of Yorubas in Igboland. The numbers don't even come close to matching up.If Yorubas flooded the East like Igbos have done Youbaland, Igbo people would be up in arms about it.The truth is Igbos have left Igboland undeveloped and wretched. The place is packed to the rafters with armed robbers and fraudsters. Its a horrible place. Yoruba people like to stay in Yorubaland. Imagine all these Igbo kids that speak perfect Yoruba but can't speak a word of Igbo...IS THAT A GOOD THING? It's shameful if you ask me .

another pig , remove lagos theres nothing in the southwest , no south west city or state can compete with igbo cities and states ,thats if you even have cities in southwest, igbos are in lagos because it is the commercial capital nothing more, for every igboman posted to anyother yoruba state a yoruba man will equally be posted to igboand or another part of nigeria thats how civil service, banks, nysc,public companies, military ,police etc operate olodo, you probably think people just wake up and migrate. this is why nigeria must disintegrate.

Hey, it's not me that's making articles called "Igbo in fading shadows". If Igbo cities and states are so great and a bed of roses like you make them sound, why did the author feel the need to make this article?
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by bashr8: 2:45am On Mar 19, 2012
So what do you intend to do about it? How can you stop your Igbo brothers from investing/living/committing crime in Lagos?

when the crime rate in oyo state a core yoruba state becomes lower than that of lagos the most populated state where many igbo live then i might take you seriously for now your just a fool.
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by bashr8: 2:47am On Mar 19, 2012
Hey, it's not me that's making articles called "Igbo in fading shadows". If Igbo cities and states are so great and a bed of roses like you make them sound, why did the author feel the need to make this article?

he made it because he wants igbos to stop feeding yorubas because the country is about to disintegrate.igbo money for igbos only.
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by olayinka1987: 2:47am On Mar 19, 2012
Nnenna1:

Oh sorry now I understand. [b]You don't care that they being migrants think of and treat Nigerians with disdain even though we are just as accommodating [/b]to them as we are to our fellow Nigerians. But this sort of topic gets you excited.

I wanted to give you a chance to clarify but I guess this is what it means.

Carry on - apologies for the interruption.

Oyinbo do this to other oyinbo. Americans go to other countries in Europe and look down on people. Europeans go to places in America and talk down on Americans all the time. This is nothing new.
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by olayinka1987: 2:48am On Mar 19, 2012
olayinka1987:

Oyinbo do this to other oyinbo. Americans go to other countries in Europe and look down on people. Europeans go to places in America and talk down on Americans all the time. This is nothing new. People around the world talk crap about each other. Get a back bone and deal with it.
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by DuduNegro: 2:49am On Mar 19, 2012
Lagos is not the only big city or do-well city in West. Ibadan was the pace setter before and well after Independence, not just on Nigerian scale but also on African front and as well International. Ibadan had tv while some countries in Europe were yet to know what tv was. Ibadan had electricity while some places in USA were still burning oil lamp.
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by DuduNegro: 2:50am On Mar 19, 2012
The provinces under Western Region were the first to introduce and practice free education. . . .from Oyo to Delta! Nobody has beat that record till date!!
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by bashr8: 2:50am On Mar 19, 2012
[b]Lagos is not the only big city or do-well city in West. Ibadan was the pace setter before and well after Independence, not just on Nigerian scale but also on African front and as well International. Ibadan had tv while some countries in Europe were yet to know what tv was. Ibadan had electricity while some places in USA were still burning oil lamp.[/b]dont ever cal ibadan a city again , that place dont qualify to be called a village . go to enugu ,owerri asaba and see what a city is suposed to look like
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by cantell(m): 2:51am On Mar 19, 2012
olayinka1987:

Please don't get me started on the crime rates in the East. We all know about the insane amount of armed robbers, fraudsters and drug dealers out there. The Armed robbers are one of the main reasons alot Igbo people have ran away from that place. They don't feel safe in the East!!!
And there are no armed robbers in the west?
I thought i had seen all the foools in Nl? This one seems to make the word foool sound cheap.
The congo must be high on something cheap.
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by aljharem(m): 2:53am On Mar 19, 2012
cantell:
I thought i had seen all the foools in Nl? This one seems to make the word foool sound cheap.

Ignore him, he is clearly a mumu that has no brain

daalu
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by olayinka1987: 2:53am On Mar 19, 2012
Toaskarity:

which blood pressure? Actually I understand you trying to be a bigot to get attention on NL but when you make statements, try read meaning to it. How s is Igbo giving you blood pressure? I know some of you here(especially yorubas thats not originally from lagos) normally get frustrated at Igbos about lagos espcially when you cant buy a land from there. Its only ppl that dont understand how frustrated ppl like you do online will take you serious, see hausa that are killing Igbos aint doing it out of any blood pressure but lack of education(Illitracy) which leads to idealness and religion extremist(mostly muslim). But I cant say same with yorubas in lagos cos atleast majority are educated and less religoin extremist, so stop using "we' as the ppl to get blood pressure to start killing Igbos,I[b]m not stopping you personally from killing Igbos but stop associating with others to do same [/b]

NT:I dont have a house in lagos neither do my father has any but I have been there to know about the yorubas there with the ones I met here.

I will never kill another man. What's the point? I was simply making a valid point. It would be nice if Ndigbo acknowledged how well Yoruba people treat them in Yorubaland, compared to those in the north that slaughter Igbo like sheep whenever the bloodlust comes upon them. It would be nice if the Igbos should us a bit of respect once in a while.
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by olayinka1987: 2:54am On Mar 19, 2012
cantell:

Of course there are robbers in the West.... Actually, it wouldn't surprise if most of them were Igbo lol. useless people
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by jason123: 2:55am On Mar 19, 2012
This was an interesting thread but got derailed after page 0.

Anyway, I TOTALLY agree someone's comment about a united south.
How can the South be united when we still see each other with suspicion?
2015, how are we sure the North will not be "one" then? This MB stuff, I just don't see it play out then . . .
ACN in the SW, what if they pick Fashola; will Ndigbo be happy??
So many questions, so little answers!!
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by olayinka1987: 2:55am On Mar 19, 2012
Dudu_Negro: The provinces under Western Region were the first to introduce and practice free education. . . .from Oyo to Delta! Nobody has beat that record till date!!
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by bashr8: 2:55am On Mar 19, 2012
I will never kill another man. What's the point? I was simply making a valid point. It would be nice if Ndigbo acknowledged how well Yoruba people treat them in Yorubaland, compared to those in the north that slaughter Igbo like sheep whenever the bloodlust comes upon them. It would be nice if the Igbos should us a bit of respect once in a while.

yorubas should also be grateful of how we treat them in igboland and dont kill them like they kill them in the north , infact it was not untill this present adminstration that we found out we have been giving yorubas free land and free pilgrimage something they have never done for igbos in yorubaland , i say yorubas are very ungrateful and loudmouthed.
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by aljharem(m): 2:56am On Mar 19, 2012
olayinka1987:

Of course there are robbers in the West.... Actually, it wouldn't surprise if most of them were Igbo lol. useless people

can you shut it already
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by jason123: 2:57am On Mar 19, 2012
Toaskarity:
your post is right but it seem like you thinking that southern Nigeria is divided, maybe you right but atleast its an advantage to us, just look at how SE is talking ill about their region so it can get developed, same thing can be said of ND and SW thos making it competetive but assuming if we hide under the logo of been East WEST(just like north), somebody from delta may be shouting about Enugu where else his place can be developed same thing with somebody from lokja claiming lagos where else his house can compete with lagos. This is why it seem like southern Nigeria is more develop than the North(a northerner from sokoto,kano etc always claim abuja where else his house can compete the place). If am to suggest states should be on their own it doesnt mean our various culture Igbo,yoruba,hausa will die but for an even competition to even development. Though ppl think that divided south is killing them thats why northerners keep ruling but to tell you the truth,If real good politician comes out, people will surly vote for him. I dont see any disadvantage of been divided south that yields healthy competition (moreover no one is killing the other in south, take less break of what is online)

Hmmm, very interesting point of view! Kudos!
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by DuduNegro: 2:57am On Mar 19, 2012
lmao!! Bashr. . .did you not read the article at the beginning of this post? Your own fello Igbo, who has travelled all over Naija said there is nothing worthy in East to showcase and while Lagos, PortHarcourt, Kaduna and Abuja are enjoying the limelight, East is steadily abandoned. . . by its own indigenes. Why are you mad at Yorubas? You should be mad at your own people who build mansions in Yorubaland and Hausaland. You say country should dissolve, I dont think your business brothers with 5million home in Ibadan supports your vision. What do you want him to do with a 5million Naira home when everybody go to hin papa house?
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by olayinka1987: 2:58am On Mar 19, 2012
bashr8: Hey, it's not me that's making articles called "Igbo in fading shadows". If Igbo cities and states are so great and a bed of roses like you make them sound, why did the author feel the need to make this article?

he made it because he wants igbos to stop feeding yorubas because the country is about to disintegrate.igbo money for igbos only.

Igbo money for Igbo people only? Why don't you get that "Igbo money" in IGBOland instead flooding Yorubland and the North? You Igbo people can only make noise.
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by Nobody: 2:58am On Mar 19, 2012
alj harem:

can you shut it already

Why don't you ever mind your own business. You've said worse about ibos on this website.
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by aljharem(m): 2:59am On Mar 19, 2012
Aigbofa:

Why don't you ever mind your own business. You've said worse about ibos on this website.

that was the past and i was only trying to get back at them back then but all I needed to do is understand them more
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by bashr8: 3:00am On Mar 19, 2012
mao!! Bashr. . .did you not read the article at the beginning of this post? Your own fello Igbo, who has travelled all over Naija said there is nothing worthy in East to showcase and while Lagos, PortHarcourt, Kaduna and Abuja are enjoying the limelight, East is steadily abandoned. . . by its own indigenes. Why are you mad at Yorubas? You should be mad at your own people who build mansions in Yorubaland and Hausaland. You say country should dissolve, I dont think your business brothers with 5million home in Ibadan supports your vision. What do you want him to do with a 5million Naira home when everybody go to hin papa house?

and you didnt read my first comment that i agree with him , why are you yorubas poluting this thread, lagos is to yorubas as ph is to igboseveryother yoruba state is a shit hole we are trying to bring every single igbo state to the lime lite and not just ph.
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by DuduNegro: 3:01am On Mar 19, 2012
2015, how are we sure the North will not be "one" then? This MB stuff, I just don't see it play out then . . .
ACN in the SW, what if they pick Fashola; will Ndigbo be happy??
So many questions, so little answers!!

SW or WEST? lmao!!
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by bashr8: 3:01am On Mar 19, 2012
Igbo money for Igbo people only? Why don't you get that "Igbo money" in IGBOland instead flooding Yorubland and the North? You Igbo people can only make noise.

your an illiterate , the money inlagos is not yoruba money, who dash monkey banana . every other yoruba state have people as poor as the northerners,, dont even compare youruself.
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by DuduNegro: 3:03am On Mar 19, 2012
I didnt know PH was an Igbo territory. I thought it is Ijaw land.
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by olayinka1987: 3:04am On Mar 19, 2012
Dudu_Negro: lmao!! Bashr. . .did you not read the article at the beginning of this post? Your own fello Igbo, who has travelled all over Naija said there is nothing worthy in East to showcase and while Lagos, PortHarcourt, Kaduna and Abuja are enjoying the limelight, East is steadily abandoned. . . by its own indigenes. Why are you mad at Yorubas? You should be mad at your own people who build mansions in Yorubaland and Hausaland. You say country should dissolve, I dont think your business brothers with 5million home in Ibadan supports your vision. What do you want him to do with a 5million Naira home when everybody go to hin papa house?

They will ignore this and find a way to pin the blame on Yorubas like they always do.
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by bashr8: 3:04am On Mar 19, 2012
I didnt know PH was an Igbo territory. I thought it is Ijaw land.

of course you dont know a lot, there ijaw ph though but nothing happens there commercially
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by Nobody: 3:05am On Mar 19, 2012
bashr8: Igbo money for Igbo people only? Why don't you get that "Igbo money" in IGBOland instead flooding Yorubland and the North? You Igbo people can only make noise.

your an illiterate , the money inlagos is not yoruba money, who dash monkey banana . every other yoruba state have people as poor as the northerners,, dont even compare youruself.

You have no business calling anybody illiterate! Booty scratching monkey.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Picture Of A Slaughtered Muslim Soldier In Gonin Gora, Kaduna. / Olisa Metuh Cautions Those Criticising Rev. Fr. Mbaka / Who Will Be Pdp’s Northern Presidential Candidate In 2019?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.