Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,751 members, 7,813,478 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:47 PM

Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) (4856 Views)

Igbo In Lagos Present 7-Point Demand To Ambode / 18 Chisco Buses Bunrt Down By APC Igbo In Crucial Meeting Total War In Lagos Pix / Igbo In Lagos Endorse Agbaje (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by Onlytruth(m): 3:54am On Mar 19, 2012
Dudu_Negro: so why isnt igbo money relocated to Igboland? I will tell you why Igbo money is not in Igboland for sure. Alaigbo is indeed worse to its own indigenous sons and daughters than Yoruba or Hausa will ever be. There are two classes of Igbos let me tell you. The land owner and the wealth owner. Most of the wealth owner are osus and they have rebelled against the land and its owners. . . .they find comfort and bonding and brotherhood with foreigners and foreign lands than they do their own birthsoil where their fundamental birthrights are denied.

You cannot develop Alaigbo without first doing away with osu caste system of discrimination and stereotypes.

Negro, you were onto something important earlier before you derailed. Your bolded question is a sad one and we live with it everyday. However, I don't think that Osu has anything to do with Igbo "dessertion" of Igboland. I put it in quotes because it is not really as huge as people say when you factor in lack of an international airport in the SE. A lot of businesses locate in lagos just because of that airport.
But let me return to the point you raised earlier about Igbo confining themselves to the SE. Frankly, I am always livid with rage anytime I see some of my brothers talk about SE as if it is the only home of ndigbo, when we are also in SS. Self defeatist pride is the main culprit of such mindset. Basically, for me, Igbo region is the EASTERN NIGERIAN REGION.
Yes, you are right that aboki is smart enough to still retain one North even though the region has three geopo-zones now. So, whenever you see an Igbo person limiting himself to SE, or a SS person trying to claim exclusive ownership of SS, just laugh and shake your head. cool
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by DuduNegro: 5:42am On Mar 19, 2012
Basically, for me, Igbo region is the EASTERN NIGERIAN REGION.
Yes, you are right that aboki is smart enough to still retain one North even though the region has three geopo-zones now. So, whenever you see an Igbo person limiting himself to SE, or a SS person trying to claim exclusive ownership of SS, just laugh and shake your head.

True talk! I will police and try my best to correct when I see this, whether it's done for my region in West or for yours in East.

On derailing, I try my best to shun bashr, but the dude is mental case. He should go with TA Orji next time the Gov go to Okija so they can sacrifice chicken blood to cleanse him and cure his mental issue. Where is Nchara? tell that rascal I say onye oshi! . . . and he needs to stop talking about my people.
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by Hardunnii(f): 8:38am On Mar 19, 2012
Ibos even hate ibos,let them just leave ibadan, am tired of seeing them on the street causing menace to society
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by Nobody: 8:52am On Mar 19, 2012
But okoro are not fading in crime na ?
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by maclatunji: 9:27am On Mar 19, 2012
strangerf: Igbo in fading shadows
By Ikenna Emewu
Saturday, March 17, 2012

I run the risk of somebody accusing me of tilting towards ethnic interest. But I am ready to carry the cross, but with a different name. I choose to call it personal interest. What one might call championing ethnic interest I rightly call championing my interest. I don’t know any law or rule or tradition that frowns at self-preservation. Even at the height of altruism, even in suicide, the personal interest is paramount. The one that takes to this does so in the interest of the self-gaining recognition or purging self of prevailing pains.
It gives me concern that the Igbo nation of Nigeria is fading away in so many respects and we don’t seem to care about this extermination. The most astonishing truism is that the end that stares Igbo in the face is self-destruction. It is not a case of anyone throwing blames across at other people on why he is not recognised.
It looks to me like the Igbo has hit a kind of strange psychosis where the self does not matter any longer. I think it is a good case in sado/masochism where the individual inflicts pains on self and makes no attempt to do otherwise because he enjoys it.

You might have noticed this commerce triangle that exists in Nigeria? I think it was unintentionally created by certain factors over time. From today, take your observation to the fact that when there is any business or outstanding event in Nigeria and places are mentioned, what you hear is Lagos/Port Harcourt/Abuja. I think it is only when there is all these funny drink-cough-shout-and win promo and concerts that someone mentions anywhere in the South East as a location of an event of national appeal. If it is about some corporate business – electronic warehouse, automobile sales outlets, aviation, trainings, services, telephone stuff, etc, you can’t hear a place mentioned in the South East.
The self-immolation comes in when you think of factories owned by people from the region in other places in Nigeria and none in the region they come from. Think of a situation where Zinox Computers, Coscharis Motors, Globe and First Motors and so many others have their outlets in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt and none in Igboland. But ironically, a good percentage of the people that patronise these businesses in the chosen fertile lands are people from Igboland. Does it convey the message of one hating and working against himself?

Now the cloud is gathering in the nation. Soon and very soon, the debate about true federalism will gather momentum in one form or the other. Already, the situation in the North has forced people who love others more than the self back into their hated region. They had all their life earnings and sweat in other places, and they head homeward to grapple with empty space. Does that development send any signal?

But for instance, there is no threat to Nigeria’s corporate existence, would that be justification for the abandonment of this region that is not lacking in factors of development? Why didn’t a people learn from their history even after fighting a bitter war for existence? I am baffled indeed.
Recently, I have been hearing and reading of the South West agenda. The focus comes in economic, cultural and political forms. Awareness is growing among the people because the signs in the horizon don’t seem to encourage anyone that the overcast sky might hold its moisture for a longer time. Last week and indeed as in the weeks and months past, the North, through all sorts of platforms, has been articulating its agenda. They come in form of new revenue sharing formula agitation by governors and other self-preservation antics by other bodies. And it seems in Igboland, everything is at ease, and there is no need for any action to set agenda and agitate the people into action like others do.

Between 1999 and today, I have seen three Aviation ministers from the Igbo enclave. Maybe by design or whatever, they have all been women. Prudent and calculative as women pride themselves to be, the South East remains the only geo-political zone without an international airport. The last time pilgrims left the zone, they were airlifted from the new Akwa Ibom airport. So, where is the place of Enugu airport and the promise of upgrade? I was a child growing up in Onitsha when I saw work commence on what they said was to be a seaport in that city. But where is it now?

I keep asking many questions and none gets an answer even when more questions nag my mind. If we had direction, there should have been a platform within the states in the region to organize the returning Igbo natives from the North into something cohesive and tap into their potentials so they can replicate effectively in Igboland those exploits they made in the places that pushed them out.

So, even within the context of a stable nation, is there any need for a regional plan of action to develop and empower the Igbo nation? In a situation where the nation you live in gets shakier with every passing day, won’t there be more compelling need to get one’s act right and think of survival? I am really scared my people are fading into oblivion. I might be wrong, but I need superior argument to be persuaded otherwise.
When others – South South, South West, North, etc are busy expressing their love for the nation by preserving themselves, the Igbo profess and express their love for the same nation by destroying self.

The last time I heard of any ruler from the region canvass self-preservation was what Dr. Emeka Ezeife articulated as think-home-philosophy in his days as Anambra State governor.

In about 2006, I attended the World Igbo Congress in Owerri as a reporter. At the press briefing, a reporter from the Igbinedion TV in Benin, and of course a non-Igbo woman asked the chairman of Ohanaeze then, Prof. Joe Irukwu what the body was doing about their kinsmen and wealth scattered all over Nigeria even in the face of threats to their existence.

And Irukwu started: “We are happy about it. In fact, I don’t see anything wrong with that because we are strong believers in the oneness of the nation.” Before he could go further, the governor of Ebonyi State then who was sitting next to him, Dr. Sam Egwu literally snatched the microphone from the elder and answered the question in the opposite direction. His position was that Nd’Igbo should come home and develop their land like others do. But I have some confusion here while balancing action with words. I read that actors, actresses and producers in the Nollywood sector once visited Egwu as governor in Abakaliki and demanded a place to build a films village. Egwu made them promises from the moon and it ended there. Nothing is there, not even [b]words, in Abakaliki to give life to those promises. Yet the city needs development badly. If by tomorrow, the largesse in Abuja to states and LGAs stops flowing, I bet you that Igbo will be the first to die of hunger because our governments never think of self-survival. Otherwise, a Theodore Orji as governor of Abia State would [/b]not have seen firing workers from other Igbo states as means of generating revenue when he has a goldmine in Aba, which he won’t tap into.

Onitsha, with all the money there, is a mad house. No person that loves order will take any organized business to Onitsha. Yet the potentials are there. The money is a sea that never dries. What do we have today in Onitsha? Asaba, the neighbouring city that has some order reaps the dividends. People come to Onitsha for serious business and live in Asaba to visit Onitsha for the business. It is also that way for workers in corporate organisations in the city. The bankers, media men, telecoms workers and others posted to Onitsha live in Asaba and we care not. Governor Peter Obi has not shown any difference in bringing order to the chaos called Onitsha. Nnewi that is just developing is worse with factories haphazardly located all over the place. No road design, no city mapping, nothing to attract good and elevated business and that way the existing businesses suffer and we never rise beyond the pedestrian status. So, where is the Igbo think tank to articulate something to recreate this part of the nation because the night is fast coming on the Igbo nation.

Will the average Igbo man's almost insatiable taste for recognition and luxury allow them spend heavy amounts of money to develop their homeland?
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by Nobody: 4:09pm On Mar 19, 2012
Hardunnii: Ibos even hate ibos,let them just leave ibadan, am tired of seeing them on the street causing menace to society

I would have asked the ones in ife/ilesha to vacate so as to develop their homeland as well, but my best friend at uni some years ago is an ilesha born igbo who evens speaks more Yoruba than I can, the only home he knows is yorubaland or my igbo friend in the UK who speaks Akure dialect and claims he is from Ondo not Enugu.

Soon, there would be more igbo in egun badagry than yoruba. The writer was bold to speak his mind.
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by strangerf: 4:13pm On Mar 19, 2012
saxywale:

I would have asked the ones in ife/ilesha to vacate so as to develop their homeland as well, but my best friend at uni some years ago is an ilesha born igbo who evens speaks more Yoruba than I can, the only home he knows is yorubaland or my igbo friend in the UK who speaks Akure dialect and claims he is from Ondo not Enugu.

Soon, there would be more igbo in egun badagry than yoruba. The writer was bold to speak his mind.

if they dont want to go back, we know what to do . . . starve their a/s/s out like we did some years back. Bunch of lazy mudafuuukers.
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by phantom(m): 7:53pm On Mar 19, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin lagos=yorubaland built by yorubas...... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
these people should just go on their knees and thank God for awolowo(dude was a f**kin genius)
from my dealings with this "special" group of people its obvious they were extremely lucky to have that man.....in fact,the chances of having someone like that again would be about the same as holding a lottery ticket while getting struck by lightening TWICE!!
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by phantom(m): 8:02pm On Mar 19, 2012
.......and err...for the record...the only thing that gives igbos the 'hard-on' in lagos,is OUR COLLECTIVE 'ONLY FUNCTIONAL' seaport AND airport(y'all did'nt think it was your chicks now did ya? or your oily soup?*throws up*grin grin).
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by strangerf: 8:05pm On Mar 19, 2012
^^^

I agree, Awo was a phocking genius, unlike Ojuku and Azikiwe.
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by RoadStar: 8:29pm On Mar 19, 2012
This writer is talking rubbish !
He completely neglected certain factors in play.
Like The Geopolitical structures at play.
Is he talking about the Igbos as an ethnic group or is he talking as Igbo as in South-East.
Which I think are not quite the same.

He talks of Lagos, Portharcourt and Abuja.
The question is this
Is the Ikwere(Potharcourt) ethnic group more different to the igbos more than
The Ekos, Ilajes, Awonris, Eguns etc who are indegeneous to lagos ?

eg https://www.nairaland.com/890572/makoko-not-repeat-not,a-yoruba
But while many will call lagos a Yoruba city the same will want to look at PH as a non Igbo city.

As far is the clueless writer is concerned, the hausa-fulani are doing well also because they got Abuja.
Not even aware that the indegenes of Abuja (the gwaris) are not even remotely related to the Hausa.

The writer even looked as Asaba as a non-Igbo city when comparing to Onitsha.
As far as i'm concerened, Igbo towns inclue
Enugu, Onitha, Nnewi, Aba, Owerri, Asaba and Portharcourt
Which in terms of total economy is comparable to that of any ethnic group in Nigeria period.

1 Like

Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by OneNaira6: 8:30pm On Mar 19, 2012
Honestly the yoruba on this forum are just as annoying as it comes. Desperate for attention, when noone is speaking of them, they must and always will pull themselves into any conversation as if anyone gives a fu2k about them. Pitiful bunch if una ask me. As many have asked and will continue to ask, APART FROM LAGOS, WHERE ELSE ON SW ARE IGBO? Do una honestly think we've never traveled around Nigeria at all or is lagos the only SW state in this cess-pole called Nigeria or our una that much embarrassed of other SW state that una cannot speak of it? Chest beating constantly WITH ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO SHOW FOR IT. Stop pulling Lagos and claiming they reside all over SW when we all know that is bullsh1t.

If anything, get una lazy asses out of Asaba? Let everyone go back to him papa land. Lets make a trade, Yoruba on Asaba, the ones wey dey for Enugu and ontisha begging for handouts, etc return back to SW and the Igbo on Lagos should return back to East. Every should go home, all in favor say aye. I scream AYE.
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by RoadStar: 8:33pm On Mar 19, 2012
This writer is talking rubbish !
Is he talking about the Igbos as an ethnic group or is he talking as Igbo as in South-East.

The question is this

But while many will call lagos a Yoruba city the same will want to look at PH as a non Igbo city.

As far is the clueless writer is concerned, the hausa-fulani are doing well also because they got Abuja.
Not even aware that the indegenes of Abuja (the gwaris) are not even remotely related to the Hausa.

Which in terms of total economy is comparable to that of any ethnic group in Nigeria period.

Some people just pick up their pens and chat shhhit!
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by OneNaira6: 8:45pm On Mar 19, 2012
RoadStar: This OP is talking rubbish !

The question is this

Some Igbo still disregard Asaba as if we aren't part of Igbo land. I don't understand why, if they know Asaba people,they would have realized we are very proud to be Igbo and whatever is in our city belongs to the entire Igbo community. sometimes I shake my head on how some Igbo think but then I realize this is just how we are. We like disregarding our advancement and focus on our shortcomings, this is the way of development.

Anyway, the OP is right. Nigerians rejoice way too much over mediocre and we all know Igbo do not like mediocre, neither do we admire laziness. The entire Nigeria is mediocre actually, one region rejoice over one area which is advance and disregard the rest of the sh1t-hole in their region. I'll use the same example you used Abuja for North. Why should we follow that footstep? If anything, rather than speaking of the cities on Igbo land that can boast of advancement, we should continue to disregard them and continue riddle the rest until some Igbo fools realize we have the ability to make the entire Igbo community more advance than we can ever dream of thus come home. Do you know how many Ebonyians that reside in Asaba or Enugu or even outside of east, imagine that same people living in Ebonyi, imagine what they can do for Ebonyi. Instead of speaking of Enugu, Owerri, Asaba, etc. and beaming over it imagine speaking about the entire Igbo community in that same manner. Our ancestor never like mediocre, we should still follow those footstep.
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by ijaya1: 9:20pm On Mar 19, 2012
Heading to the next one.
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by EkoIle1: 10:16pm On Mar 19, 2012
These AGIPA clowns care less ,about their future or their grand kids. The writer wrote what we've stated on NL times uncountable, but the only thing they care about is tribalism, hate, pettiness, finger pointing and gross laziness.
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by aljharem(m): 10:17pm On Mar 19, 2012
Hardunnii: Ibos even hate ibos,let them just leave ibadan, am tired of seeing them on the street causing menace to society

Omo Ibadan, O fine gann niii o !!!

Bawo ni things ?
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by SailorXY: 11:16pm On Mar 19, 2012
if they dont want to go back, we know what to do . . . starve their a/s/s out like we did some years back. Bunch of lazy mudafuuukers

undecided dont get so excited or are u stroking ur c.ock? obvoiusly u are still living in 1967 cry wake up this is 2012... wink
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by namfav(m): 12:15pm On Apr 18, 2012
big mouths no action, says it all about the east, i have nothing further to add

strangerf: Igbo in fading shadows
By Ikenna Emewu
Saturday, March 17, 2012

I run the risk of somebody accusing me of tilting towards ethnic interest. But I am ready to carry the cross, but with a different name. I choose to call it personal interest. What one might call championing ethnic interest I rightly call championing my interest. I don’t know any law or rule or tradition that frowns at self-preservation. Even at the height of altruism, even in suicide, the personal interest is paramount. The one that takes to this does so in the interest of the self-gaining recognition or purging self of prevailing pains.
It gives me concern that the Igbo nation of Nigeria is fading away in so many respects and we don’t seem to care about this extermination. The most astonishing truism is that the end that stares Igbo in the face is self-destruction. It is not a case of anyone throwing blames across at other people on why he is not recognised.
It looks to me like the Igbo has hit a kind of strange psychosis where the self does not matter any longer. I think it is a good case in sado/masochism where the individual inflicts pains on self and makes no attempt to do otherwise because he enjoys it.

You might have noticed this commerce triangle that exists in Nigeria? I think it was unintentionally created by certain factors over time. From today, take your observation to the fact that when there is any business or outstanding event in Nigeria and places are mentioned, what you hear is Lagos/Port Harcourt/Abuja. I think it is only when there is all these funny drink-cough-shout-and win promo and concerts that someone mentions anywhere in the South East as a location of an event of national appeal. If it is about some corporate business – electronic warehouse, automobile sales outlets, aviation, trainings, services, telephone stuff, etc, you can’t hear a place mentioned in the South East.
The self-immolation comes in when you think of factories owned by people from the region in other places in Nigeria and none in the region they come from. Think of a situation where Zinox Computers, Coscharis Motors, Globe and First Motors and so many others have their outlets in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt and none in Igboland. But ironically, a good percentage of the people that patronise these businesses in the chosen fertile lands are people from Igboland. Does it convey the message of one hating and working against himself?

Now the cloud is gathering in the nation. Soon and very soon, the debate about true federalism will gather momentum in one form or the other. Already, the situation in the North has forced people who love others more than the self back into their hated region. They had all their life earnings and sweat in other places, and they head homeward to grapple with empty space. Does that development send any signal?

But for instance, there is no threat to Nigeria’s corporate existence, would that be justification for the abandonment of this region that is not lacking in factors of development? Why didn’t a people learn from their history even after fighting a bitter war for existence? I am baffled indeed.
Recently, I have been hearing and reading of the South West agenda. The focus comes in economic, cultural and political forms. Awareness is growing among the people because the signs in the horizon don’t seem to encourage anyone that the overcast sky might hold its moisture for a longer time. Last week and indeed as in the weeks and months past, the North, through all sorts of platforms, has been articulating its agenda. They come in form of new revenue sharing formula agitation by governors and other self-preservation antics by other bodies. And it seems in Igboland, everything is at ease, and there is no need for any action to set agenda and agitate the people into action like others do.

Between 1999 and today, I have seen three Aviation ministers from the Igbo enclave. Maybe by design or whatever, they have all been women. Prudent and calculative as women pride themselves to be, the South East remains the only geo-political zone without an international airport. The last time pilgrims left the zone, they were airlifted from the new Akwa Ibom airport. So, where is the place of Enugu airport and the promise of upgrade? I was a child growing up in Onitsha when I saw work commence on what they said was to be a seaport in that city. But where is it now?

I keep asking many questions and none gets an answer even when more questions nag my mind. If we had direction, there should have been a platform within the states in the region to organize the returning Igbo natives from the North into something cohesive and tap into their potentials so they can replicate effectively in Igboland those exploits they made in the places that pushed them out.

So, even within the context of a stable nation, is there any need for a regional plan of action to develop and empower the Igbo nation? In a situation where the nation you live in gets shakier with every passing day, won’t there be more compelling need to get one’s act right and think of survival? I am really scared my people are fading into oblivion. I might be wrong, but I need superior argument to be persuaded otherwise.
When others – South South, South West, North, etc are busy expressing their love for the nation by preserving themselves, the Igbo profess and express their love for the same nation by destroying self.

The last time I heard of any ruler from the region canvass self-preservation was what Dr. Emeka Ezeife articulated as think-home-philosophy in his days as Anambra State governor.

In about 2006, I attended the World Igbo Congress in Owerri as a reporter. At the press briefing, a reporter from the Igbinedion TV in Benin, and of course a non-Igbo woman asked the chairman of Ohanaeze then, Prof. Joe Irukwu what the body was doing about their kinsmen and wealth scattered all over Nigeria even in the face of threats to their existence.

And Irukwu started: “We are happy about it. In fact, I don’t see anything wrong with that because we are strong believers in the oneness of the nation.” Before he could go further, the governor of Ebonyi State then who was sitting next to him, Dr. Sam Egwu literally snatched the microphone from the elder and answered the question in the opposite direction. His position was that Nd’Igbo should come home and develop their land like others do. But I have some confusion here while balancing action with words. I read that actors, actresses and producers in the Nollywood sector once visited Egwu as governor in Abakaliki and demanded a place to build a films village. Egwu made them promises from the moon and it ended there. Nothing is there, not even [b]words, in Abakaliki to give life to those promises. Yet the city needs development badly. If by tomorrow, the largesse in Abuja to states and LGAs stops flowing, I bet you that Igbo will be the first to die of hunger because our governments never think of self-survival. Otherwise, a Theodore Orji as governor of Abia State would [/b]not have seen firing workers from other Igbo states as means of generating revenue when he has a goldmine in Aba, which he won’t tap into.

Onitsha, with all the money there, is a mad house. No person that loves order will take any organized business to Onitsha. Yet the potentials are there. The money is a sea that never dries. What do we have today in Onitsha? Asaba, the neighbouring city that has some order reaps the dividends. People come to Onitsha for serious business and live in Asaba to visit Onitsha for the business. It is also that way for workers in corporate organisations in the city. The bankers, media men, telecoms workers and others posted to Onitsha live in Asaba and we care not. Governor Peter Obi has not shown any difference in bringing order to the chaos called Onitsha. Nnewi that is just developing is worse with factories haphazardly located all over the place. No road design, no city mapping, nothing to attract good and elevated business and that way the existing businesses suffer and we never rise beyond the pedestrian status. So, where is the Igbo think tank to articulate something to recreate this part of the nation because the night is fast coming on the Igbo nation.
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by antartica(m): 1:22pm On Apr 18, 2012
This is really mind-boggling and something the igbos have to start considering.Nigeria is a fragile state that could disappear anytime.

Naturally,the adventurous igbo mind is always on the quest to colonize economically but that could only be applicable in developed or developing societies not in nigeria that is developing backwards with religious fundamentalism and gross moral decadence.
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by SamIkenna: 1:24pm On Apr 18, 2012
namfav: big mouths no action, says it all about the east, i have nothing further to add

I feel compelled to ask you - What is the action of North East and North West? I'm happy that at least Imo State is enrolling thousands of under-grads as we speak and last time I checked Imo is in the East. Dont get it twisted because we like to discuss our problem in the open, we do it because its a powerful way to nudge ourselves in the right direction. Like I said - dont get it twisted.
Re: Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) by SamIkenna: 1:33pm On Apr 18, 2012
antartica: This is really mind-boggling and something the igbos have to start considering.Nigeria is a fragile state that could disappear anytime.

Naturally,the adventurous igbo mind is always on the quest to colonize economically but that could only be applicable in developed or developing societies not in nigeria that is developing backwards with religious fundamentalism and gross moral decadence.

You're right. Like my people say - a fly that fails to heed to wise counsel accompanies the corpse to the grave. I feel sorry for those brothers who put their money anywhere they see "vacant office space to let" in Nigeria, I only hope they're right.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buy Novelty Fake Passports,ids,drivers License,visas And City Permit. / Why We Can’t Proceed With Election – Jega / Nigeria And IBOPHOBIA - Fear Of The Ibo Tribe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.