Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,712 members, 7,831,230 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

Are Christians The Only Holy People? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Christians The Only Holy People? (3829 Views)

Poll: Only Christians are holy enough to get to heaven. True or False

True: 28% (15 votes)
False: 71% (38 votes)
This poll has ended

“Missionary” Is The Only Holy Sexual Position - Pastor Olugbenga Oladejo / Christians: The Big Question Even Your Pastor Can't Answer / Daniel 12:7 Scatter The Power Of The Holy People. What Does It Mean? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by jerrymania(m): 9:39pm On Oct 31, 2007
So Christians beleive Muslims will make "Heaven"

@ uzzi
the simple truth is living a holy life according to the rules and regulaion that will qualify u to be a citizen of heaven.there is no religion in heaven.you must not be a christian or muslim or whatever religion u can name.my advice is obey the word of God and do his will.God will continue to bless us all.

John 14. Read it up.

@ tbk417
@Poster
u don't have work and ure just as pathetic as your post.
I have heard an Islamic cleric saying, " he who has a religion that is different from Islam won't go to heaven" so go back and start another thread about muslims that think xtians too wont go to heaven.

Only God knows who will enter heaven. Xtians are striving to enter, muslims too so whats the fuss?

I wonder where you dropped your brain. You are an example of a fanatic. If you are a christian you should believe Acts 4:12. and then if you believe why on earth will muslims o to heaven if they dont believe Jesus and dont call upon his name?

If you have nothing serious to contribute, better leave.
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by na2day2(m): 9:56pm On Oct 31, 2007
i have said it b4, if only u all know the true meaning of holiness, then all this half and half christianity we are seeing here will stop. holiness is not doing the right thing. u can do the right thing with a wrong motive. and the only one that can declare u holy is God not man, and he has said there is no one holy, no not one, so how can u be holy, simple and short, accept Jesus as ur lord and personal savior and keep God's commandment, then the blood of Jesus will atone for u; implication, God dont see u but the blood like it was for the children of israel in eygpt.

FYI: EVERYONE WAN GO HEAVEN, NOBODY WAN DIE, NOBODY WAN DIE.
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by luckyCO(m): 11:10am On Nov 01, 2007
Yes that is correct, Christians are the only people going to heaven and Osama Bin Laden is a native of Nanka in Aguata Local Government Area of Anambra State, Nigeria.

Where you get the information pj, ?
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by eezzy(f): 12:30pm On Nov 01, 2007
YES
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by mazaje(m): 1:23pm On Nov 01, 2007
The question should'nt be if christains are the only holy ones but rather if christains are the only ones that will make heaven.
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by tundefajim(m): 3:04pm On Nov 01, 2007
Hello guys,
smiley
The first thing to ask ourselves is this: what do we believe? Are we avoiding the questions or just blinding following what we know from birth?Is there an absolute truth or several posibilities,

THe world is full of diffeent ideas systems, religions, cultures, cults and ideologies. How do we sift them and is it worth it, anyway.The thing is, only proof can convince anyone. Also, the urgency of life and its shortness make the question even more necesssary. ("If there is a God, and a Heaven and Hell, I dont want to die and then find out!"wink

Why do people ask the question of life's origin and meaning? Because they need to know.It's a built in desire to make sense out of this crazy world with wars, brutality, poverty, confusion, and so on. There seem to be no answers.

Religious activity is not christianity. It has become a weak sustitute, unfortunately.

If you dont believe in the bible, like many scientists, then it will interest you to know that little by little science has begun to prove the Divinely inspired nature of the book.

The Bible says:There is a God who made the Earth(not random evolution).He desires to reveal Himself to His creation.He has done so to some people before.Man can not have peace without God. He sent Jesus Christ as the visible revelation of Himself, and as the only Way to be re-united with Him.He waits for every man, and all will meet Him at the end of their lives. He will judge our thoughts, words and actions and reward us accordingly.

Every "religion" must be able to prove its authenticity,right?Well none has been attacked more than christianity by scientists and others.Maybe because of its history and claims.
Jesus came and made statements. He made definite and recorded statements. No leader of a major religion ever made the kind of atatements he did.Essentially saying "I am God. I am the ONLY Way".
He had no power, or political influence.He didnt even live that long. He was even killed brutally and hated by his countrymen.So why has his message captured so many people and defied every plan to exterminate it, ?

Visit www.answersingenesis.com; www.halos.com , to mention a few sites,

Ask questions and seek the answers. You will eventually find them if you sincerely want to.Every thing the Bible says is true.Science can only prove the physical and biological, but Jesus alone can reveal the real core, and answer your deepest questions.

Christianity is not a religion. It may have becaome one, but it was not meant to be one.

Don't take my word for it. Find out yourself. Search and you will find. Ask and you will receive, you just need to be hungry to know the truth,

God bless you, I mean that.
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by IderaN(f): 4:03pm On Nov 01, 2007
why are you guys arguing with each other angry does it make you all enter heaven or wot?

(christens go to heaven, muslims should go to hell, budhist should go to hell and all sort of things im hearing here)

who made you all judge to decide who will go to heaven or hell?

only the Almighty, creator of heaven and earth, the only one that know what will happen now, tommorow,foreveer and so on, alone knows who will come and meet him in heaven.

people just need to draw closer to God instead of having the time to criticize others

inshort who post this mail self?
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by MasterUwem(m): 1:21pm On Nov 02, 2007
Judge not that ye may be judge grin
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by pilgrim1(f): 1:29pm On Nov 02, 2007
MasterUwem:

Judge not that ye may be judge grin

Na true! grin The equation sweet:

"Judge not" - and ye may "be judged"!

But, if we kon kukuma "judge" nko? Shall we then still "be judged"?!?

Okay, I knew you were teasing. Enjoy! cheesy
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by Oby1(f): 5:13pm On Nov 02, 2007
ONLY GOD KNOWS[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by 9ja4eva: 9:53am On Nov 04, 2007
Word but i dont think Christains are the only holy ones
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by na2day2(m): 7:09pm On Nov 04, 2007
there is a way that seems right unto a man but the end thereof is the way of death. Jesus said, " i am the way, the truth and the light, no man comes to the father but by me." that pretty much answers the question of where u shld belong. next stop is what Jesus said, " not every1 that saith to me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven" that answers the second question that not all that heads to the church, or pray, or carry a bible etc is heading to heaven. from this little bit, i hope to rest this topic make church close grin grin grin
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by sayit(f): 7:30pm On Nov 04, 2007
Firstly, dat all christains believe dat they will go to heaven and moselems and judaists will go to hell is a wrong generalisation, Becos not all christains are Holy themselve, by the way talking about Holiness, then we will be talking about JESUS only.
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by na2day2(m): 2:07am On Nov 05, 2007
are u saying that Jesus was wrong when he said " be ye holy even as your heavenly father is holy"

people like u are what the call apologetic christians which by the way are not christians because to be a true christian is to be born again and then continuing in the word of God.

sayit:

Firstly, that all christains believe that they will go to heaven and moselems and judaists will go to hell is a wrong generalisation, Becos not all christains are Holy themselve, by the way talking about Holiness, then we will be talking about JESUS only.
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by mellow(m): 12:42pm On Nov 05, 2007
If Master J himself did not know those that will go to heaven who am I then, to know?

Leave thread before I blaspheme
[/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by na2day2(m): 4:55pm On Nov 05, 2007
how come he told his disciples to rejoice because their names are written in the book of life*****CHECKMATE!*******

mellow:

If Master J himself did not know those that will go to heaven who am I then, to know?

Leave thread before I blaspheme
[/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by ndisnoopi(m): 8:31pm On Nov 05, 2007
i hate 2 say dis but i wil.even is nt 4 every1.really ppl dt thinks dey qualified 4 it are nt half way qualified.really christians do look at demselves as superior nd dey tend 2 be decetfull 2 ppl.imagine a sister in d churc pretends 2 be holy nd gts home do dods useless stuffs outside dis really brings shame 2 d name of God nd i wounder ow many more we still av hiding under dt umbrella.the truth is no 1 is qualified until GOD Says yes.
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by na2day2(m): 11:52pm On Nov 05, 2007
kindly read what u just wrote and see if it makes sense to u.

ndisnoopi:

i hate 2 say this but i wil.even is nt 4 everyone.really people dt thinks dey qualified 4 it are nt half way qualified.really christians do look at demselves as superior nd dey tend 2 be decetfull 2 people.imagine a sister in d churc pretends 2 be holy nd gts home do dods useless stuffs outside this really brings shame to the name of God nd i wounder ow many more we still av hiding under dt umbrella.the truth is no 1 is qualified until GOD Says yes.
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by Beebah(f): 5:13pm On Nov 06, 2007
U know u are very inconsistent and indesicive. U asked a question and you still answered it yourself. It showed u neva needed an answer in the first place, u were just trying to cause trouble among these pple. Man, let me give you an advice. 'Use your sense whenever you want to ask questions here again. Or betterstill, dont ask any more questions. Just observe and learn'.
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by Nobody: 12:56am On Nov 07, 2007
Beebah:

You know u are very inconsistent and indesicive. You asked a question and you still answered it yourself. It showed u never needed an answer in the first place, u were just trying to cause trouble among these people. Man, let me give you an advice. 'Use your sense whenever you want to ask questions here again. Or betterstill, don't ask any more questions. Just observe and learn'.

It wont shock me if the author of this quote is a muslim. By their posts you shall know them
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by ricadelide(m): 2:29am On Nov 07, 2007
@na2day?
na2day?:

kindly read what u just wrote and see if it makes sense to u.
What ndisnoopi said makes sense to me although i'm not 100% in agreement with his views. We all write very fast these days with the advent of phone texting and all. Let me help you paraphrase what he said; perhaps, that way, it would make sense to you.

i hate 2 say this but i wil.even is nt 4 everyone.really people dt thinks dey qualified 4 it are nt half way qualified.really christians do look at demselves as superior nd dey tend 2 be decetfull 2 people.imagine a sister in d churc pretends 2 be holy nd gts home do dods useless stuffs outside this really brings shame to the name of God nd i wounder ow many more we still av hiding under dt umbrella.the truth is no 1 is qualified until GOD Says yes.

"[/b]I hate to say this but I will. Heaven is not for everyone. Really. People that think they are qualified for it are not half-way qualified. Really. Christians do look at themselves as superior and they tend to be deceitful to people. Imagine a sister in the church that pretends to be holy and goes home to do those useless stuffs outside. This really brings shame to the name of God and i wonder how many more we still have hiding under that umbrella. The truth is: no one is qualified until God says yes.[b]"

Est-ce que vous comprenez maintenant?
Cheers.
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by na2day2(m): 2:57am On Nov 07, 2007
thanks for decoding it.

ricadelide:

@na2day?[/b]What [b]ndisnoopi said makes sense to me although i'm not 100% in agreement with his views. We all write very fast these days with the advent of phone texting and all. Let me help you paraphrase what he said; perhaps, that way, it would make sense to you.

"[/b]I hate to say this but I will. Heaven is not for everyone. Really. People that think they are qualified for it are not half-way qualified. Really. Christians do look at themselves as superior and they tend to be deceitful to people. Imagine a sister in the church that pretends to be holy and goes home to do those useless stuffs outside. This really brings shame to the name of God and i wonder how many more we still have hiding under that umbrella. The truth is: no one is qualified until God says yes.[b]"

Est-ce que vous comprenez maintenant?
Cheers.
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by Nobody: 11:39am On Nov 07, 2007
true true true guys its true shocked
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by Dios(f): 4:07pm On Nov 07, 2007
Beebah:

You know u are very inconsistent and indesicive. You asked a question and you still answered it yourself. It showed u never needed an answer in the first place, u were just trying to cause trouble among these people. Man, let me give you an advice. 'Use your sense whenever you want to ask questions here again. Or betterstill, don't ask any more questions. Just observe and learn'.
davidylan:

It wont shock me if the author of this quote is a muslim. By their posts you shall know them

Daviddylan, was that really called for. So what if she's a muslim, that was an intelligent post but are a jackass for posting the latter.
PS I'm not involved in an abrahamaic religion.
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Nov 07, 2007
Dios:

Daviddylan, was that really called for. So what if she's a muslim, that was an intelligent post but are a jackass for posting the latter.

I'm not shocked . . . that's what you expect from people who are unable to put their grey matter to better use than to trawl the net seeking to expose their lack of home training.
Learn to do much better than just post insults.
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by cgift(m): 7:26pm On Nov 07, 2007
there is no holiness outside Christ. Outside Chrst, all righteousness is as filthy rags before God. So, the true followers of Christ are the ones that can be truly called Holy. Cornelius was a devout man by all standards but God had to send Peter to him to mnister salvation in Christ Jesus. That simply shows that Christ is the bedrock of holiness. So, you cant claim God's holiness be you a muslim, hinduist, buddhist, confuscinist, etc,

Christ is THE ONLY WAY, TRUTH & LIFE, NO BODY COMES TO GOD THE FATHER, EXCEPT BY CHRIST. No other way. Even the quran says so and no other prophet ever made such claims. Jesus pass them all. No controversy.
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 9:58pm On Nov 08, 2007
Im the only holy person, the rest of yall are DAMNED!!!!
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by na2day2(m): 5:44am On Nov 09, 2007
u wish

JosBoy4Lif:

I'm the only holy person, the rest of yall are DAMNED!!!!
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by Dios(f): 6:22am On Nov 09, 2007
davidylan:

I'm not shocked . . . that's what you expect from people who are unable to put their grey matter to better use than to trawl the net seeking to expose their lack of home training.
Learn to do much better than just post insults.

Lol, Jackass.
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by MP007(m): 6:49am On Nov 09, 2007
Many are invited but few are choosen. Thats why I dont judge people cos u never can tell. The church keeps isolating itself.a Church should be a place where gays,sinners,killers, infected, the condemned are welcomed, How are we suppose to pray for their healing when we keep isolating them?We need to reach out to people.

Christians as the name implies are christ like people.Although the standard of being like christ is very high abd tough to attain and maintain we should realize that "true" christians are Gods holy people, I used "true" because not every person that claims to be a christian is a christian, May the lord have mercy , amen.
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by na2day2(m): 9:05am On Nov 09, 2007
yes, the church is a place where all is welcome but not a place where all remain unchanged. like my cousin say, the church is becoming worldly and the world becoming churchy.
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by Mantee(m): 2:56pm On Nov 09, 2007
The answer is NO and YES. No if your ideal of Christianity is for born-again and Jesus is only way stuff. Yes if you evolved spiritually to know that Christ is the image one has to develop to make heaven. An evolved being can not differentiate one religion to another and cannot make a difference from one prophet to another. When one has attained Christ consciousness he sees Christ everywhere he turned to for he knows that Christ is everywhere. He does not judge non does he condemn somebody.
Evolvement in Spirit does not mean adherence to tenets of one particular religion although religion is set up to help human being to attain Christ consciousness, being Hindu or Buddhism or Islam. Let everybody rejoice. God has not condemned anyone. One day you will attain that stage where you will know Christ in real term not has been portrayed. You will be surprised that a Sango worshipper has attained Christ consciousness and a pastor that’s claiming miracles has not. You will also be surprised that you do not need heaven but GOD himself that created everything

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Overcoming By Prayer. Sermon And Prayer Points By Pastor E A Adeboye / Short Time Sex / Why Are Gods So Powerless Nowadays?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.