Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,796 members, 7,813,625 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:12 PM

Are Christians The Only Holy People? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Christians The Only Holy People? (3808 Views)

Poll: Only Christians are holy enough to get to heaven. True or False

True: 28% (15 votes)
False: 71% (38 votes)
This poll has ended

“Missionary” Is The Only Holy Sexual Position - Pastor Olugbenga Oladejo / Christians: The Big Question Even Your Pastor Can't Answer / Daniel 12:7 Scatter The Power Of The Holy People. What Does It Mean? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Christians The Only Holy People? by jerrymania(m): 9:46pm On Oct 29, 2007
All Christians believe they are meant for heaven. Moslems and Judaists will go to hell. That means Christians are the only holy ones. Is that true?
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by luvchild(f): 2:07am On Oct 30, 2007
There is a book called the book of life, no one, no one knows the names of the individuals in it. Not even Christ at this time knows. So what man can point a finger at another man and say you are doomed to hell. Nowhere in the bible will you find a man with this kind of power. As for the type of people who will go, think about john the baptist and others who were not christians where do you think they are now? Or what was Gods view of them, these where people who in gods eyes were righteous. It burns me up when you hear any faith or religion looking down on another religion simply because their views or interpretation of bible is different. Like for instance one faith says jesus died on cross and another says stake, and they argue over this and say you are going to hell because you have lied or you preach false doctrine. Yet, the bible is a book that no man will fully understand with his own mine. Thats why it clearly says lean not on your own understand, so in conclusion we are all screwed up.
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by Nobody: 8:04am On Oct 30, 2007
NO SINGLE HUMAN IS HOLY, BUT THE ALMIGHTY ALONE IS

1 Like

Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by jagunlabi(m): 12:38pm On Oct 30, 2007
jerrymania:

All christians believe they are meant for heaven. moslems and judaism will go to hell. That means Christians are the only holy ones. is that true?
The christians that believe such nonsense are grossly delusional.That is all i will say on this.
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by grafikdon: 1:44pm On Oct 30, 2007
jerrymania:

All Christians believe they are meant for heaven. Moslems and Judaists will go to hell. That means Christians are the only holy ones. Is that true?

Yes that is correct, Christians are the only people going to heaven and Osama Bin Laden is a native of Nanka in Aguata Local Government Area of Anambra State, Nigeria.
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by tkb417(m): 1:45pm On Oct 30, 2007
@Poster
u dont have work and ure just as pathetic as your post.
I have heard an Islamic cleric saying, " he who has a religion that is different from Islam won't go to heaven" so go back and start another thread about muslims that think xtians too wont go to heaven.

Only God knows who will enter heaven. Xtians are striving to enter, muslims too so whats the fuss?
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by odenomare: 1:59pm On Oct 30, 2007
i don't believe so, just be good and do the right thing, we all know what the right thing is.
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by mekoyo(m): 2:52pm On Oct 30, 2007
Not everyone you see going to church on sundays are called christians. The bible clearly tells us that the disciples where first called Christians in Antioch. That is to tell you that after going for missionary journeys in Jerusalem and the rest, they were not known as christians until they saw the Chrislike life in them, they saw the way to salvation inthem, the goodworks and the love for the word of God in their lives, these prompted the name CHRISTIANS. So what are we saying here? If you are a true Christian, you believe in the word of God, you do his will and obey his word then you are sure to make it to heaven, not everyone called christians in these delapating world of ours that is HOLY or heaven bound but those who truly obey the word of god and believe that JESUS died for our sins on the cross of calvary. He bore our sins on calvary, he carried the cross just to set us free from the slave of sin.

Do you believe that JESUS died for you on the cross of calvary? Are you born again? Have you accepted him into your life? If you haven't then make a decision today cause no one knows when HE will be coming to take us home. The bible clearly tells us that HE will come as a thief in the night.

HEAVEN IS REAL HELL IS REAL
Choose you thisday whom you will serve.

Be watchful and Prayerful.
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by chuckdee4(m): 3:25pm On Oct 30, 2007
tkb417:

@Poster
u don't have work and ure just as pathetic as your post.
I have heard an Islamic cleric saying, " he who has a religion that is different from Islam won't go to heaven" so go back and start another thread about muslims that think xtians too wont go to heaven.

Only God knows who will enter heaven. Xtians are striving to enter, muslims too so whats the fuss?

Very jobless fellow indeed, it would be an utter waste to engage in an argument. Like tkb said, we're all striving to make it to heaven irespective of our religion
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by NihilceM: 4:10pm On Oct 30, 2007
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

THIS IS A JOKE RIGHT?

WHEN HAVE XTIANS BECOME HOLY TALKLESS OF THE ONLY HOLY PEOPLE?

AS FOR ME THEY ARE NOT DIFFERENT FROM ANY HUMAN BEING.

IN SOME CASES THEY ARE THE WORST HIDING UNDER THE SO-CALLED RELIGION!
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Oct 30, 2007
think about it. .  .

Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by JeSoul(f): 5:19pm On Oct 30, 2007
mekoyo:

Not everyone you see going to church on sundays are called christians. The bible clearly tells us that the disciples where first called Christians in Antioch. That is to tell you that after going for missionary journeys in Jerusalem and the rest, they were not known as christians until they saw the Chrislike life in them, they saw the way to salvation inthem, the goodworks and the love for the word of God in their lives, these prompted the name CHRISTIANS. So what are we saying here[b]? If you are a true Christian, you believe in the word of God, you do his will and obey his word then you are sure to make it to heaven[/b], not everyone called christians in these delapating world of ours that is HOLY or heaven bound but those who truly obey the word of god and believe that JESUS died for our sins on the cross of calvary. He bore our sins on calvary, he carried the cross just to set us free from the slave of sin.

Do you believe that JESUS died for you on the cross of calvary? Are you born again? Have you accepted him into your life? If you haven't then make a decision today cause no one knows when HE will be coming to take us home. The bible clearly tells us that HE will come as a thief in the night.

HEAVEN IS REAL HELL IS REAL
Choose you thisday whom you will serve.

Be watchful and Prayerful.

Word my brotha, word! Well spoken.
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by na2day2(m): 8:04pm On Oct 30, 2007
@ poster

do u know the definition of Holy?
well, i grew up in northern nigeria and most muslims there definitely think they are the only ones heading to heaven so they term those that call themselves christians or jews as infidel, and thats why they have most of the religious riots. so i guess ur post is unguided and self destructive. also i strongly recommend that u find out who truly is a christian. the fact ur name is john, mary, abraham etc dont make u a christian, and church going dont make u one either.
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by Purist(m): 9:46pm On Oct 30, 2007
@tkb417 & chuckdee4

Give the guy a break! He was only asking a question. If you have been following events on the Religion board of this forum closely, then you'll know why such question is pertinent.

See related topics:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-3885.0.html
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-28824.0.html

Cheers.
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by NihilceM: 10:02pm On Oct 30, 2007
Purist:

@tkb417 & chuckdee4

Give the guy a break! He was only asking a question. If you have been following events on the Religion board of this forum closely, then you'll know why such question is pertinent.

See related topics:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-3885.0.html
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-28824.0.html

Cheers.

Purist

Uhmmmmmmmm!

How far?
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by Comfort86(f): 11:26pm On Oct 30, 2007
Holy: saintly; godly; pious; devout; having a spiritually pure quality

"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter into the Kingdom of Heaven; but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. "
That speaks for itself.

There is a Bible passage that talks about how one cannot be judged from a standard (Christ's standard) unknown; and how Christ will not return until all have had the opportunity to hear about him and make him their Lord and Savior.

kiss "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."  kiss
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by 9ja4eva: 12:06am On Oct 31, 2007
@Thread

Dt is nt right, Some christains are not holy and like someone said only the almighty is holy,

I dont think the visa to heaven is being a christain,
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by WarfyBoy(m): 2:15am On Oct 31, 2007
somtimes we need to consida the wrath of God b4 postin topics like this, wts d meanin of this topic anyways?

rubbish

d fie of God is d beginning of wosdom
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by twixstars(m): 2:25am On Oct 31, 2007
well, whatever religion you belive in, i think the best thin is to try as much as possible be free from sin. I think no mater your riligion you just have to be good and do whatever your riligon wants you to do and desist from whatever your riligion forbids. thats the only way you can assure yourself of being favored by God
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by Dios(f): 3:48am On Oct 31, 2007
I don't know about other religions but Xtians and muslims claim their religion is the only part to heaven? Lol. In my humble opinion, both camps are crazy.
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by na2day2(m): 4:23am On Oct 31, 2007
make una continue to talk wetin una no understand, una hear?! for judgement day, all man go give hin own account. na God know hin children. one thing i know, God is not the author of confusion. wetin hin don set as a path to heaven, nothing can change. all man go answer hin own name when the time reach.
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by Adedigold(f): 9:22am On Oct 31, 2007
THe bible made me understand that there is no one that is Holy, he even went further to say that all have sinned and come short of His glory let's just know who will believe and don't just jump into conclusions. May God help us all. Don't judge so that you will not be judge.
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by Smigel: 9:34am On Oct 31, 2007
stumbles into thread shocked

Im my humble opinion, the Hindus are quite pure in heart
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by usix: 10:06am On Oct 31, 2007
[color=#550000][/color]
the simple truth is living a holy life according to the rules and regulaion that will qualify u to be a citizen of heaven.there is no religion in heaven.you must not be a christian or muslim or whatever religion u can name.my advice is obey the word of God and do his will.God will continue to bless us all.
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by patto01(f): 10:18am On Oct 31, 2007
God is the  revealer of all truth.  I suggest that all you are confused about this issue should sincerely seek God in prayer with this special request and I believe God whose desire is to see everyone of us make heaven will reveal the truth to such one.

Please, we should desist from making blasphemy statements.
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by cyprianjr(m): 11:27am On Oct 31, 2007
none is holy but god for he is the greatest now and forever more
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by tkb417(m): 12:05pm On Oct 31, 2007
@Purist
This thread will just add to those on board before, nothing will be achieved
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by na2day2(m): 1:31pm On Oct 31, 2007
THANK U JARE

patto01:

God is the revealer of all truth. I suggest that all you are confused about this issue should sincerely seek God in prayer with this special request and I believe God whose desire is to see everyone of us make heaven will reveal the truth to such one.

Please, we should desist from making blasphemy statements.
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by olabowale(m): 3:29pm On Oct 31, 2007
@Comfort86: In your entry on the topic, you indicated that Jesus standard is not known. Why is that? Is it because, there is no writing about his standard as a prophet, because there is no accurate material about him, directly from him or any of his 12 apostles? What really is the condition of his standard?

If we do not know, for sure what his standard is on any matter and indeed on all relevant matters to our lives, then what is the porpose of following him relative to Moses, a prophet who came before him or Muhammad, the one who came after him?

If Jesus spoke about the will of the father being the superior and the only will to be done, not even that of jesus, if that is differenet from that of the father, is this enough to indicate to us that Jesus was aonly a prophet? Is it not that every prophet before Jesus and the only after him, spoke about the same will, as in WORSHIP GOD ALONE and do not associate partnership? If its all christains will enter paradise, is the purpose of death on the cross not invain then? Are we sure that everyone in paradise, from the time of christianity onward to the end of time will be christians? Please let me hear your view on this matter.
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by cgift(m): 4:11pm On Oct 31, 2007
Uncle Ola,

you have come with these incohrent traumas of yours. Let me help you a bit

olabowale:

@Comfort86: In your entry on the topic, you indicated that Jesus standard is not known. Why is that? Is it because, there is no writing about his standard as a prophet, because there is no accurate material about him, directly from him or any of his 12 apostles? What really is the condition of his standard?

We really need to know the meaning of that statement cos Christ was as definitive and explicit on any subject matter and very consistent unlike some other so-called prophets.

olabowale:

If we do not know, for sure what his standard is on any matter and indeed on all relevant matters to our lives, then what is the porpose of following him relative to Moses, a prophet who came before him or Muhammad, the one who came after him?

You are simply seeing stars! What matter are you talking about? Look at a thief calling the houseowner a thief and turning the table around! A blind illiterate knows that Christ floors your Mohammad on all fronts of human endavour except in violence, sex-attacks, discrimination, and all other vices. Se fi ni?

olabowale:

If Jesus spoke about the will of the father being the superior and the only will to be done, not even that of jesus, if that is differenet from that of the father, is this enough to indicate to us that Jesus was aonly a prophet? Is it not that every prophet before Jesus and the only after him, spoke about the same will, as in WORSHIP GOD ALONE and do not associate partnership? If its all christains will enter paradise, is the purpose of death on the cross not invain then? Are we sure that everyone in paradise, from the time of christianity onward to the end of time will be christians? Please let me hear your view on this matter.

Th mystery of Godliness is too much for you to bear. One can only pray for you.
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by Comfort86(f): 8:20pm On Oct 31, 2007
@Olabowale
Unknown to oneself.
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by jerrymania(m): 9:25pm On Oct 31, 2007
@tkb417 and other apologetics

Stop being sentimental. Christians need to give room for reason. When Jesus said he is the only way the truth and the life, that categorically places CHRISTIANS heaven bound. So why do some of you say that if you are not a Christian you can still go to heaven? why are you people contradicting yourselves? the "Holy" Muslims wont go to heaven because they dont beleive Jesus is the way, the truth and the life? right?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Jerusalem Shopkeeper's Assertion: What Really (matters In) Religion. / Muhammad Was An Abolitionist. He Purchased The Freedom Of Slaves / What Do Christians Believe About Dinosaurs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.