Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,946 members, 7,835,143 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:00 AM

Are Christians The Only Holy People? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Christians The Only Holy People? (3836 Views)

Poll: Only Christians are holy enough to get to heaven. True or False

True: 28% (15 votes)
False: 71% (38 votes)
This poll has ended

“Missionary” Is The Only Holy Sexual Position - Pastor Olugbenga Oladejo / Christians: The Big Question Even Your Pastor Can't Answer / Daniel 12:7 Scatter The Power Of The Holy People. What Does It Mean? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by Backslider(m): 3:14pm On Nov 09, 2007
100% Yes

Go and read the 3 epistle of John.
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by tkb417(m): 3:54pm On Nov 09, 2007
@tkb417 and other apologetics

Stop being sentimental. Christians need to give room for reason. When Jesus said he is the only way the truth and the life, that categorically places CHRISTIANS heaven bound. So why do some of you say that if you are not a Christian you can still go to heaven? why are you people contradicting yourselves? the "Holy" Muslims wont go to heaven because they don't beleive Jesus is the way, the truth and the life? right?

whoever wrote this must be a mumu. I tried to say xtians and muslims are claiming rights but who knows so where is ur brain?

@Jerrymanic
Yeah right, its either your father didnt send you to school or you are a product of a storey building called polythecnic in your village. Lemme break something for you pedophile

I said according to we xtians, if you don't accept Jesus as your Lord and personal saviour, u can't get to HEAVEN, i also said, that ive heard an islamic cleric who said, he who doesnt take Islam as a religion wont go to HEAVEN. and i summarized that the two camps are claiming the ultimate. Both have holy books and blah blah blah

ure a gay for spewing hogwash about what i said. F'cking retard
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by jerrymania(m): 10:57pm On Nov 09, 2007
tkb417:

whoever wrote this must be a mumu. I tried to say xtians and muslims are claiming rights but who knows so where is your brain?

@Jerrymanic
Yeah right, its either your father didnt send you to school or you are a product of a storey building called polythecnic in your village. Lemme break something for you pedophile

I said according to we xtians, if you don't accept Jesus as your Lord and personal saviour, u can't get to HEAVEN, i also said, that ive heard an islamic cleric who said, he who doesnt take Islam as a religion wont go to HEAVEN. and i summarized that the two camps are claiming the ultimate. Both have holy books and blah blah blah
ure a[b] gay [/b] for spewing hogwash about what i said. F'cking retard

Emphasis mine. yeah you are a christian my ass,pedophile,gay,retard, then on sunday u take ur sorry ass and stink the chairs in the church. You are a really confused fellow. So Muslims will go to Heaven too through who? Jesus or your dumb ass brain?
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by tkb417(m): 8:54am On Nov 13, 2007
@jerrymania
Read well and dont be a NINNY. . . i claimed xtians will go to Heavean and i never said muslims will go or not go but they claim they will go and we wont go. . . can you spot the difference and who is dumb now?

Get real and dont be a retard.

PS: Are you a xtian? urs must be Rev. King kinda church where only the violent take it by force even with guns and matchete grin grin, ure dumbo and cant even comprehend Contextual writeups.Im sure your drivel is as a result of the milieu you found urself, not your fault. But, do urself a lotta good but enrolling at the Open UNI.
Olodo rabata. Bloody Schmuk!!!
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by cgift(m): 9:36am On Nov 13, 2007
tbk and jerrymania,

why are u guys so vulgar? Plase let peace reign supreme. We want intellectuals comments here not these derogs. Ok? Please sheat your swords.
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by somze(f): 10:02am On Nov 13, 2007
tkb417
I noticed you have changed a lot from your posts, you're beginning to sound like some other folk up in manU thread.

Take it easy, try your possible best to keep it clean. wink
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by tkb417(m): 10:09am On Nov 13, 2007
tkb417
I noticed you have changed a lot from your posts, you're beginning to sound like some other folk up in manU thread.

Take it easy, try your possible best to keep it clean

@Somze
my brother, i dont do such things, if you read my previous posts and the counter-posts by some people, ull know i was only replying the tone they gave it to me.

I gave my honest views and somebody somewhere felt aggrieved and started yarning rubbish. Cant people respect other peeps opinions on NL? This topic is as sentimental and volatile as anything else and i kept it neutral as much as i could, but bigots in our midst felt otherwise.

I had to do what i gotta do may brother. Somze, you know me, i aint into stuffs like dat grin grin grin
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by somze(f): 10:15am On Nov 13, 2007
Ok bro, just be slow to reply then wink
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by cgift(m): 10:59am On Nov 13, 2007
ok then. back to the topic.
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by degbads(m): 1:26pm On Nov 13, 2007
hi y'all
i've read all ur comments on this ery controversial topic. i'll like to take a purely 'academic' or 'professional' point of view
i'm quite familiar with both the bible and the quran also i've my own personal beliefs but what i believe is irrelevant here.
having studied the two books i've come to this inevitable conclusions and as i am sure anybody who studies the subject objectively will

1.) Either the bible or the Quran or both are fake. Both are not true, the bible unequivocally claims only xtians will be in heaven and the Quran too says only muslims so at least one or both are fake
2.) True Christians and True muslims won't both be in heaven, one or both groups will be in hell. scary ain't it for the same reason above

So what then? as this is a very important matter, i mean this is eternity we're talking about,it is necessary for each one to find a way of determining or discovering d truth.
reading the posts here i find most of us believe we should just do our best and hope 4 d best, i find this unacceptable the stakes are too high for that.imagine u were going for an exam and the lecturer told u ahead that a certain question was coming out worth 70 marks i doubt any of us would be content to sit back and hope for the best u'll seek to be able to solve that question at all costs.
brothers and sisters this is a serious matter we must study and cry out to God for his help
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by na2day2(m): 1:45pm On Nov 13, 2007
WORD!

degbads:

hi y'all
i've read all your comments on this ery controversial topic. i'll like to take a purely 'academic' or 'professional' point of view
i'm quite familiar with both the bible and the quran also i've my own personal beliefs but what i believe is irrelevant here.
having studied the two books i've come to this inevitable conclusions and as i am sure anybody who studies the subject objectively will

1.) Either the bible or the Quran or both are fake. Both are not true, the bible unequivocally claims only xtians will be in heaven and the Quran too says only muslims so at least one or both are fake
2.) True Christians and True muslims won't both be in heaven, one or both groups will be in hell. scary ain't it for the same reason above

So what then? as this is a very important matter, i mean this is eternity we're talking about,it is necessary for each one to find a way of determining or discovering d truth.
reading the posts here i find most of us believe we should just do our best and hope 4 d best, i find this unacceptable the stakes are too high for that.imagine u were going for an exam and the lecturer told u ahead that a certain question was coming out worth 70 marks i doubt any of us would be content to sit back and hope for the best u'll seek to be able to solve that question at all costs.
brothers and sisters this is a serious matter we must study and cry out to God for his help
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by cgift(m): 3:10pm On Nov 13, 2007
Which word? The guy just yearned dust! Opata!. Nada!

His conclusion is not fertile. He carries two books and is confused as to which is right or wrong. How I'm I sure he can even read ? grin Why dont you go a step further and demonstrate through your scholarship, the on which is right or wrong? That's the only way yu would have added value.

Cheers!
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by na2day2(m): 3:56am On Nov 14, 2007
he made a point, intellectual reason dont bring u to the spiritual truth. God has revealed, and he revealed thro his son, the true way, thats y i said word.

cgift:

His conclusion is not fertile. He carries two books and is confused as to which is right or wrong. How I'm I sure he can even read ? grin Why don't you go a step further and demonstrate through your scholarship, the on which is right or wrong? That's the only way yu would have added value.

Cheers!
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by ricadelide(m): 4:12am On Nov 14, 2007
cgift:

His conclusion is not fertile. He carries two books and is confused as to which is right or wrong. How I'm I sure he can even read ? grin Why don't you go a step further and demonstrate through your scholarship, the on which is right or wrong? That's the only way yu would have added value.
Lol @cgift . . . bros, take am easy. The guy didn't yarn dust at all; he made some very cogent points. Let me restate (paraphrase) just a few of them:

- the claims of both religions are mutually exclusive, therefore both CANNOT be right at the same time
- it is possible that one or the other is right (and it is also possible that neither is right)
- it is better, rather than live your life under a "pascal wager" philosophy, to have a conviction as to which path is right
- ultimately, its an individual issue and it's best each person take time out to seek God for himself; by so doing, such a one will SURELY find

which one be opata for that one? Just because he didn't try to express his own beliefs? Abeg, sometimes its not necessarily giving people fish that is important; telling them how to fish also matters. You can "add value" by stimulating people to seek deeper - not only by telling them what YOU have found.

FYI, the guy is a saved christian - i can infer from his other posts.
Cheers wink
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by tkb417(m): 10:30am On Nov 14, 2007
the claims of both religions are mutually exclusive, therefore both CANNOT be right at the same time
- it is possible that one or the other is right (and it is also possible that neither is right)
- it is better, rather than live your life under a "pascal wager" philosophy, to have a conviction as to which path is right
- ultimately, its an individual issue and it's best each person take time out to seek God for himself; by so doing, such a one will SURELY find
for this my guy, i need to have your email. Sometimes i wonder where you brilliant people on Nairaland are? why do you guys allow people like Jerrymania to just yarn dusts.

My take is
im a xtian and i believe im right- Cos the Bible told me with Christ, ill be in Heaven; meaning the Muslims wont go to heaven

The Muslims believe, if you have another religion apart from Islam, you cannot enter heaven.Then, how can we be so sure either is right because both of them have holy books!!!!!

Your verdict is worldclass and im going to send you a bottle of wine for that.
Seek God your own way and do good to others is my recipe for Heaven my brother.
Thanks a bunch man
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by teckzilla(m): 8:43pm On Nov 14, 2007
I usually try not to contribute to anything sensitive religion especially but this is my take on it,
what about jehovah's witnesses?? I have a book called SEARCHING FOR GOD which analysed all the known religions in the world and according to JWs,They are the chosen people,they even went on to classify other xtian denominations as CHRISTENDOM RELIGIONS, JWs dont believe in xmas,believed that Jesus came to power(in Heaven) in 1940(i still cant figure this out,even though I read the book cover to cover), in the book JWs denounced the other denominations or should I say rather pointed out the pros and cons
Please what do the xtians think of this?

this is fact, please if u got a JW friend ask him/her about the book,very very insightful and makes you just wonder

NB-am not a JW

Question
Is there a difference between the Injel (Gospel) that Jesus received and the Bible? If so, what has happened to the original Injil? Is it comparable to the Qur'an ? In what way former Prophets did receive their Books?

Answer Wa`alaykum As-salam

Thank you for your question.

There is a lot of difference between the original Injil Jesus received from Allah and the Bible. In fact the Bible is a big volume containing two sections. The first section is the Old Testament and the second one is the New Testament. The Injil received by Jesus can be seen partly in the four Gospels of the New Testament. There is no record that the original Injil as received by Jesus was dictated by Jesus and kept safe from corruption. What we have now is the story of Jesus composed chiefly from hearsay or from scraps of writings by different narrators decades after Jesus’ time. But in these records we have portions of Injil and the explanations of Jesus himself.

The Gospel narratives can at best be compared to the Hadiths (the Prophet's traditions) and not to the Holy Qur’an. Because the Holy Qur’an consists of ONLY the Words of Allah Almighty, while the Gospels contain the words of Jesus and possibly words of God quoted by Jesus, combined with the words of the narrators. However, unlike Gospels, the Hadith literature was thoroughly checked by successive generations of scholars and according to meticulous methodology to sift through the original hadiths from the fabricated ones.

All the prophets of God received their books through revelation just as the Last Prophet received the Qur’an.

And Allah knows best.
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by teckzilla(m): 8:53pm On Nov 14, 2007
Strive in the way of God as you ought to strive (with sincerity and discipline). (God) has chosen you (to carry His message) and has imposed no hardship in the observance of your faith - the faith of your father Abraham. It is He who named you 'those who have surrendered themselves to God' both before (in prior scriptures) and in this (Quran), so that the Apostle may bear witness to the truth for you, and that you may bear witness to it for all mankind. So establish regular prayer, give regular charity and hold fast to God."

The Holy Quran, 22:78

by the way muslims belive in Jesus,we just don't believe he died on the cross that's all and yeah sure its in the Holy Qúran that he's returning for the second coming,

Just my take, One love to man,woman and child
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by Backslider(m): 9:08pm On Nov 14, 2007
@post

Christ is the Only Holy Man that was ever to walk the face of the earth because of this if /when we believe in him as our GOD then we by his living earth we have his blood in us will not sin.

So if you see a "Christian" INSULTING YOU KNOW THE BLOOD OF JESUS IS NOT IN HIM, EVEN THOUGH IF HE CARRIES A BIG CROSS ON HIS NECK.
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by jerrymania(m): 10:33pm On Nov 14, 2007
teck-zilla:

I usually try not to contribute to anything sensitive religion especially but this is my take on it,
what about jehovah's witnesses?? I have a book called SEARCHING FOR GOD which analysed all the known religions in the world and according to JWs,They are the chosen people,they even went on to classify other xtian denominations as CHRISTENDOM RELIGIONS, JWs don't believe in xmas,believed that Jesus came to power(in Heaven) in 1940(i still can't figure this out,even though I read the book cover to cover), in the book JWs denounced the other denominations or should I say rather pointed out the pros and cons
Please what do the xtians think of this?

this is fact, please if u got a JW friend ask him/her about the book,very very insightful and makes you just wonder

NB-am not a JW

We all know these about Jehovah's Witnesses. They are just another group. anyway they claim Jesus came to power in heaven in 1914 not 1940.
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by jerrymania(m): 10:48pm On Nov 14, 2007
tkb417:

for this my guy, i need to have your email. Sometimes i wonder where you brilliant people on Nairaland are? why do you guys allow people like Jerrymania to just yarn dusts.

My take is
im a xtian and i believe im right- Cos the Bible told me with Christ, ill be in Heaven; meaning the Muslims wont go to heaven

The Muslims believe, if you have another religion apart from Islam, you cannot enter heaven.Then, how can we be so sure either is right because both of them have holy books!!!!!

Hey stupid, u tot i was done on u? ehn?
Now fool, let me show you how confused u are.
Ask pilgrim.1 and davidylan,(i know they are more advanced and knowledgable than u spiritually and otherwise) if the Koran is an Holy Book compared to the Bible. Now the Bible you own(if ever u have one) is not holy because u are confused which one is holy?
u would rather be ignored or given a slap (gbshhhh) Now let me rephrase u dullard----- how can we be so sure either is right because both of them have holy books!!!!!, i guess that was a question right? Now u made it clear here that you are still wondering if christianity is right or islam is right?
and stupidly u say again------

Then u must be a serious retard.
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by Nobody: 8:25am On Nov 15, 2007
grin grin grin JESUS IS THE WAY THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE, FOR FURTHER DOUBT SEE THE STORY OF A SELF RIGHTEOUS MAN

[b] There was a certain man in Caesarea called Cornelius, a centurion of the band called the Italian band,
2 A devout man, and one that feared God with all his house, which gave much alms to the people, and prayed to God alway.
3 He saw in a vision evidently about the ninth hour of the day an angel of God coming in to him, and saying unto him, Cornelius.
4 And when he looked on him, he was afraid, and said, What is it, Lord? And he said unto him, Thy prayers and thine alms are come up for a memorial before God.
5 And now send men to Joppa, and call for one Simon, whose surname is Peter:
6 He lodgeth with one Simon a tanner, whose house is by the sea side: he shall tell thee what thou oughtest to do.
7 And when the angel which spake unto Cornelius was departed, he called two of his household servants, and a devout soldier of them that waited on him continually;
8 And when he had declared all these things unto them, he sent them to Joppa.
9 On the morrow, as they went on their journey, and drew nigh unto the city, Peter went up upon the housetop to pray about the sixth hour:
10 And he became very hungry, and would have eaten: but while they made ready, he fell into a trance,
11 And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending unto him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth:
12 Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air.
13 And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat.
14 But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean.
15 And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.
16 This was done thrice: and the vessel was received up again into heaven.
17 Now while Peter doubted in himself what this vision which he had seen should mean, behold, the men which were sent from Cornelius had made inquiry for Simon's house, and stood before the gate,
18 And called, and asked whether Simon, which was surnamed Peter, were lodged there.
19 While Peter thought on the vision, the Spirit said unto him, Behold, three men seek thee.
20 Arise therefore, and get thee down, and go with them, doubting nothing: for I have sent them.
21 Then Peter went down to the men which were sent unto him from Cornelius; and said, Behold, I am he whom ye seek: what is the cause wherefore ye are come?
22 And they said, Cornelius the centurion, a just man, and one that feareth God, and of good report among all the nation of the Jews, was warned from God by an holy angel to send for thee into his house, and to hear words of thee.
23 Then called he them in, and lodged them. And on the morrow Peter went away with them, and certain brethren from Joppa accompanied him.
24 And the morrow after they entered into Caesarea. And Cornelius waited for them, and had called together his kinsmen and near friends.
25 And as Peter was coming in, Cornelius met him, and fell down at his feet, and worshipped him.
26 But Peter took him up, saying, Stand up; I myself also am a man.
27 And as he talked with him, he went in, and found many that were come together.
28 And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath showed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.
29 Therefore came I unto you without gainsaying, as soon as I was sent for: I ask therefore for what intent ye have sent for me?
30 And Cornelius said, Four days ago I was fasting until this hour; and at the ninth hour I prayed in my house, and, behold, a man stood before me in bright clothing,
31 And said, Cornelius, thy prayer is heard, and thine alms are had in remembrance in the sight of God.
32 Send therefore to Joppa, and call hither Simon, whose surname is Peter; he is lodged in the house of one Simon a tanner by the sea side: who, when he cometh, shall speak unto thee.
33 Immediately therefore I sent to thee; and thou hast well done that thou art come. Now therefore are we all here present before God, to hear all things that are commanded thee of God.
34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.
36 The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of allsmiley
37 That word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judaea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached;
38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.
39 And we are witnesses of all things which he did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they slew and hanged on a tree:
40 Him God raised up the third day, and showed him openly;
41 Not to all the people, but unto witnesses chosen before of God, even to us, who did eat and drink with him after he rose from the dead.
42 And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead.
43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.
44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,
47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?
48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.
[/b]
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 11:08pm On Jan 06, 2008
na wa oh, 30% of people said only Christians are destined for the pearly gates.
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by akarich007(m): 1:58pm On Feb 23, 2009
if anyone can obey the commandments of the bible which is the only book that can make u holy then you are a holy christian.
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by Maykelly(f): 4:20pm On Feb 24, 2009
Are Christians The Only Holy People? Yes 100% for real christian
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by pinkylady1(f): 11:37am On Mar 04, 2009
for one to be holy, the person must first believe in the Lord Jesus christ, follow his step, though one connot be holy
by his power but through the grace of God. so the first step of being holy is to confess Christ as your Lord and personal saviour
and thereafter keep his commandment.
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by coolruler(m): 3:43pm On Mar 05, 2009
@t Poster,
I think you need to define which "heaven" you are talking about.
Is it the "Christian" heaven to which Muslims and all others are not invited?
or the "Muslim" heaven to which Christians and all others are definitely not invited?
or the Buddhist heaven? or Hindu heaven? e.t.c

One interesting thing about religions is that each lay claim to being the only sure way to God, while all others arre deceitful.

Coming back to the topic, If you define "holiness" as obedience to the Mosaic law and its derivatives, then Christians are definitely not the only holy people. Muslims too are "holy" as Islam derives from the same source. Note also, that the Ten Commandments is almost an exact copy of the ancient Code of Hamurrabi, the guidelines for worshippers of an ancient religion that predates Christianity by hundreds of years. Methinks worshippers of that religion too can lay claim to being the "genuine" ones abi?

In my own humble opinion(and as someone rightly said), just live right with your God while on earth(be you Christian, Muslim, e.t.c), and do right by your fellow human beings too.
As for what comes after, who can tell?
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Mar 05, 2009
Here's my take.
If you do good in this life and believe in God, you will make it to heaven. You don't need any religion.
The two major religions were introduced to us by the slave takers/colonialists.
Whenever "Christians" preach and say one will not make it to heaven without being a christian and that that's what the Bible says, I always mention to them the fact that the Bible was compiled by MAN. Don't you think that along the way, personal bias could have prevailed. How are we sure that the sayings in the Bible that we cling to are actually divine. They always turn it into a fight. I expect the same here.
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by MrCrackles(m): 8:56pm On Mar 05, 2009
TOPIC

NO!!
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by MrCrackles(m): 8:57pm On Mar 05, 2009
A-town:

Here's my take.
If you do good in this life and believe in God, you will make it to heaven. You don't need any religion.
The two major religions were introduced to us by the slave takers/colonialists.
Whenever "Christians" preach and say one will not make it to heaven without being a christian and that that's what the Bible says, I always mention to them the fact that the Bible was compiled by MAN. Don't you think that along the way, personal bias could have prevailed. How are we sure that the sayings in the Bible that we cling to are actually divine. They always turn it into a fight. I expect the same here.

I like the highlighted bit! cheesy
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by Kobojunkie: 10:56pm On Jun 12, 2023
NO SINGLE HUMAN IS HOLY, BUT THE ALMIGHTY ALONE IS
This a lie fed you by your pastors and mogs, all of them ignorant of the very truth of God. undecided
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by Kobojunkie: 11:00pm On Jun 12, 2023
jerrymania:
All Christians believe they are meant for heaven. Moslems and Judaists will go to hell. That means Christians are the only holy ones. Is that true?
To be holy means to be in complete compliance with the teachings and commandments of God — God's Law. God's Law to us, Jesus Christ is available only to those who are born-again — only they have the opportunity at becoming holy even as God the Father is Holy this is through living their lives in continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ — the Truth of God, And as such able to be set free from slavery to sin aka achieve complete compliance by way of the Truth of God - John 8 vs 31 - 36. So, Holiness is a choice that can be made only by those who are born-again, not about religion of men one at one point subscribed to or not. undecided
Re: Are Christians The Only Holy People? by MightySparrow: 11:06pm On Jun 12, 2023
jerrymania:
All Christians believe they are meant for heaven. Moslems and Judaists will go to hell. That means Christians are the only holy ones. Is that true?

Yes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Dont Pastors Preach About Sin Anymore? / Question For Gatiano? / To Be A Christian You Must Believed In At Least One Of These Men Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.