Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,892 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? (32874 Views)

Poll: Can you go down on your knees to beg him not to leave you?

Absolutely not! Am not that desperate.: 24% (34 votes)
Yes, if I truly adore him.: 44% (61 votes)
No, but one can never tell: 21% (29 votes)
never thought about it.: 9% (13 votes)
This poll has ended

Poll: Can you go down on your knees to beg him not to leave you?

Absolutely not! Am not that desperate.: 17% (15 votes)
Yes, if I truly adore him.: 40% (35 votes)
No, but one can never tell: 16% (14 votes)
Never thought about it.: 25% (22 votes)
This poll has ended

Guys, What Do Girls Do That Make Your Knees Weak? / Ladies, Can You Go On Your Knees Before Your Man To Apologise? / Should A Guy Beg A Girl On His Knees If He Offend Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Mar 19, 2012
Hi all!
There's this one thing that really disturbs me any time I watch Nollywood home videos; and that is the element of girlfriends/wives going down on their knees to beg their boyfriends/husbands not to walk away from them. Now am fully aware that the media does not always portray a true reflection of how people live within their societies but being a moderately ardent Nollywood fan, I kinda get the impression that this scenario is not uncommon in Nigeria.

Am aware divorce is still viewed as a stigma in most African societies (especially for the female folks), but is the stigma that bad that some women feel that they must lose their dignity by pleading with the men in their lives to stay with them even when the man is clearly a jerk? I recently watched a movie where I saw a woman practically crawling like a reptile holding onto her boyfriend's legs wailing as if she was about to be taken to a slaughterhouse just because the guy had decided to end their relationship. I have watched such-like scenarios in Nollywood movies on several occasions; a fact which has prompted me to create this thread.

Now, just to understand a few things about whether this actually happens in real-life, can somebody just give me answers to the following questions;
1. Have you ever gone down on your knees to plead with a guy not to leave you? (For the sake of this thread, you don't need to use your usual id if you'll not be comfortable sharing your story using your well-known id);
2. Have you ever witnessed this kind of scenario with anyone you know? (Relative or friend);
3. What value is attached to a woman who has a boyfriend/husband vis-a-vie one who doesn't have one? The thought of being without a lover seems unpalatable in the Nigerian society (I could be wrong though).

Cheers!
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Mar 19, 2012
Sure, u girls must be on ur knees and beg us not to leave

2 Likes

Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Okontami: 7:43pm On Mar 19, 2012
(The other way round)Yes, i can beg a girl not to leave if i know am the one at fault. but if she is at fault and a pain in the ass she should kindly go to hell.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by 4teelaw(f): 7:43pm On Mar 19, 2012
Tufiakwa!

For wetin.
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by freecocoa(f): 7:48pm On Mar 19, 2012
I've not begged any man on my knees before for anything and i'm not planning to but like they say"never say never".

I think that shyt happens almost only in movies since i'm yet to see it in real life.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by blackboi(m): 7:53pm On Mar 19, 2012
Story-Story coolStory-Story
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Paulsquare: 7:54pm On Mar 19, 2012
Well i can do it and its also depend on what kind of person she is. I have had a relationshp that the girl nva can say sory even if she is wrong. Well i dont want to take this too person.
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by slimyem: 7:55pm On Mar 19, 2012
never begged anyone on my knees and i dont think i will EVER!
What's the use of begging someone to stay when he really doesnt want to?
As long as being single/alone is not a crime,he can kiss my arse!

1 Like

Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Dyt(f): 7:58pm On Mar 19, 2012
I can roll on d floor 4 him eat my food

2 Likes

Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by freecocoa(f): 7:59pm On Mar 19, 2012
slimyem: never begged anyone on my feet and i dont think i will EVER!
What's the use of begging someone to stay when he really doesnt want to?
As long as being single/alone is not a crime,he can kiss my arse!
Which one is begging on your feet again?you sit, squat or lie down while begging?
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by dipo1: 8:00pm On Mar 19, 2012
4teelaw: Tufiakwa!

For wetin.

That's gonna be the popular response but the truth is any lady can go on her knees to beg her guy not to leave more especially if the break-up is a result of her mistake. One can never tell what he can/may have to do until fazed with a real scenario.

6 Likes

Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by CalienteMi: 8:00pm On Mar 19, 2012
Why beg a man that doesn't want you in the first place?
Why would you want to be with a man that you have to beg to stay?
Are you a dog barking for a bone from the owner?

2 Likes

Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by xynerise: 8:03pm On Mar 19, 2012
freecocoa: I've not begged any man on my knees before for anything and i'm not planning to but like they say"never say never".

I think that shyt happens almost only in movies since i'm yet to see it in real life.
even if he promised u Toyota camry before u 4k up? undecided

1 Like

Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by ArQueBusieR(m): 8:04pm On Mar 19, 2012
Begging irritates me. I don't understand the concept of begging.
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by aleroo(f): 8:04pm On Mar 19, 2012
I have done it before and it got me nowhere so.........never again
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by peziz(f): 8:06pm On Mar 19, 2012
I can go on my knees and beg my man if i was at fault. Really no big deal; cos i get lots of kneeling and apologies from dudes in d past who wronged me while i was in a relationship with them.

5 Likes

Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Coefficient(m): 8:07pm On Mar 19, 2012
Like slimyem said, its pointless begging someone whoz fed up with being with. If communication has broken down between u, dnt go crawling on all fours cos he/she will leave.

1 Like

Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by freecocoa(f): 8:07pm On Mar 19, 2012
xynerise:
even if he promised u Toyota camry before u 4k up? undecided
You understand the topic so?
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by maninmood(m): 8:09pm On Mar 19, 2012
Women of nowadays believe in 50/50. They quickly forget about our tradition. What stops you from going down on your knees to beg your man? A man doesn't value a woman much when the latter acts independent and disrespectful. You women are not meant to be slaves but as my mother used to say, a woman that obeys her husband's directives is not a fool, she wants to remain a good wife for the rest of her life. The same goes with a man, but as a core Nigerian, the apologia can only happen in some certain cases.

1 Like

Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by xynerise: 8:11pm On Mar 19, 2012
freecocoa: You understand the topic so?
no vex I dey sleep when I wrote my comment. grin

1 Like

Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by NRIPRIEST(m): 8:11pm On Mar 19, 2012
freecocoa: I've not begged any man on my knees before for anything and i'm not planning to but like they say"never say never".

I have seen your eyes before and its say "if you show me mad love i will not only knee and beg but will crawl too".

1 Like

Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by slimyem: 8:13pm On Mar 19, 2012
freecocoa: Which one is begging on your feet again?you sit, squat or lie down while begging?
na typo jor!
The thing just dey hot me for body!
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by slimyem: 8:16pm On Mar 19, 2012
peziz: I can go on my knees and beg my man if i was at fault. Really no big deal; cos i get lots of kneeling and apologies from dudes in d past who wronged me while i was in a relationship with them.
this isnt about begging when you are at fault.
Its about begging someone who really wants to leave not to!
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by kelz88(f): 8:21pm On Mar 19, 2012
If he can't see reasons to stay then he's not worth begging. So no. But I would beg him if I was in the wrong, causing him to leave.
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by ceejayluv(m): 8:26pm On Mar 19, 2012
slimyem: this isnt about begging when you are at fault.
Its about begging someone who really wants to leave not to!
All Join...

1 Like

Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by freecocoa(f): 8:27pm On Mar 19, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

I have seen your eyes before and its say "if you show me mad love i will not only knee and beg but will crawl too".
Whatever that means?
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by ayztech(f): 8:28pm On Mar 19, 2012
Picture... isi akwu dara na ala... angry

1 Like

Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by dadicvila(m): 8:28pm On Mar 19, 2012
I think it all boils down to our true feelings for the patner,if you have this strong love for the person and you do something stupid to mess the r/ship up,bone story you go knee down,even roll for portor portor self....i remember when my ex came begging when i have already made up my mind to dump her arse,i told all my friends that my mind was already made up(true true i been don dey taya 4 the r/ship)but the way she begged,knelt down and cried for more than 4hrs just melt my stony heart.....LOL...Nairaland girls make una bone joh,if una really love the dude and una know say na una mess up una go even drink gutter water join....lwkmd

8 Likes

Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by muyoto: 8:34pm On Mar 19, 2012
hmmm. . .funny topic. personally I abhor the practice of begging for anything.

but then love can make us do funny things. . .
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by aboyaji(m): 8:37pm On Mar 19, 2012
yes, i will beg my wife. Kneel down, kneel up(with my head on the ground and my legs up). just to make sure she stays with me.
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by lifestyle1(m): 8:38pm On Mar 19, 2012
To keep your relationship/Home, You must be submissive to your man. my dear you gat no chioce. The only choice you gat is to remain single and run ur life the way you like..
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Pakavy(m): 8:40pm On Mar 19, 2012
aleroo: I have done it before and it got me nowhere so.........never again
dat was a honest one said out of xperience.was on d same boat too but a different deck.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

"If I date a man for 3 months and I don’t cheat, then that’s my husband" - lady. / 4 Things You Should Know About Your Future Partner / The Number One Thing Women Hate The Most About Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.