Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,717 members, 7,824,030 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

God's Moral Law - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God's Moral Law (7315 Views)

Morality Demands A Moral Law Giver / Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? / Christianity Vs. Islam - The Moral Law By Arnie Gentile ( Part 2 ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God's Moral Law by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:27pm On May 14, 2012
The Theological Jello

Re: God's Moral Law by Ptolomeus(m): 6:34pm On May 14, 2012
OLAADEGBU: The Moral Laws that God passed to His people in Ex.20:1-17; and how they can be interpreted and applied to our lives today.

[b][1] THEN GOD spoke all these words:
[2] I am the Lord your God, Who has brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

[3] You shall have no other gods before or besides Me.

[4] You shall not make yourself any graven image [to worship it] or any likeness of anything that is in the heavens above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth;

[5] You shall not bow down yourself to them or serve them; for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generation of those who hate Me,

[6] But showing mercy and steadfast love to a thousand generations of those who love Me and keep My commandments.

[7] You shall not use or repeat the name of the Lord your God in vain [that is, lightly or frivolously, in false affirmations or profanely]; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.

[8] [Earnestly] remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy (withdrawn from common employment and dedicated to God).

[9] Six days you shall labor and do all your work,

[10] But the seventh day is a Sabbath to the Lord your God; in it you shall not do any work, you, or your son, your daughter, your manservant, your maidservant, your domestic animals, or the sojourner within your gates.

[11] For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. That is why the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it [set it apart for His purposes].

[12] Regard (treat with honor, due obedience, and courtesy) your father and mother, that your days may be long in the land the Lord your God gives you.

[13] You shall not commit murder.

[14] You shall not commit adultery.

[15] You shall not steal.

[16] You shall not witness falsely against your neighbor.

[17] You shall not covet your neighbor's house, your neighbor's wife, or his manservant, or his maidservant, or his ox, or his donkey, or anything that is your neighbor's
.[/b]

Amplified Bible.

Those are the laws of the Judeo-Christian God?
It really is contradictory because this same God took pleasure in receiving human sacrifices in his name ...
Lev: "10.11,12., Judges 11:30-39, Numbers 25:1-13, Samuel 21:1-9, (Jeremiah 7:31) ...

That god enjoyed when entire villages razed murdering children and old order ...
That God called to him ... and child sacrifice greatly enjoyed when they killed those kids ...
Contradictory truth?
Re: God's Moral Law by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:14pm On May 14, 2012
Ptolomeus:

Those are the laws of the Judeo-Christian God? It really is contradictory because this same God took pleasure in receiving human sacrifices in his name ... Lev: "10.11,12., Judges 11:30-39, Numbers 25:1-13, Samuel 21:1-9, (Jeremiah 7:31) ...

That god enjoyed when entire villages razed murdering children and old order ... That God called to him ... and child sacrifice greatly enjoyed when they killed those kids ... Contradictory truth?

You and other pretenders have shown your true colours on this thread. You are rather a contradiction if you are claiming to be a Christian, no?
Re: God's Moral Law by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:48am On May 15, 2012
The 10 Commandments in your own language.

1. I am the Lord thy God, thou shalt not have any other gods before me .
I'm God. Don't play me.

2. Thou shalt not have any graven images
Don't be makin no hood ornaments and charms out of me, or like me.

3. Thou shalt not use the name of the Lord thy God in vain
Don't be callin' me for no reason.

4. Remember to keep the Sabbath day holy
Y'all betta be in church on Sunday, and not just the Sundays when it's Mother's day, Easter and Christmas

5. Honour thy father and thy mother
Don't Diss or cuss out yo momma, and if you know who ya daddy is, don't Diss him neither.

6. Thou shalt not kill
Don't be goin' on no drive bys.

7. Thou shalt not commit adultery
Stick to ya own Boo.

8. Thou shalt not steal
Don't be borrow'n stuff and don't give it back.

9. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy brother
Don't be snitchin' on the otha' man to save your behind.

10. Thou shalt not covet anything that belongs to thy brother.
Don't be eyein' (skeeming) yo homie's crib, ride, woman, or nuffin.
Re: God's Moral Law by Snowwy: 11:51am On May 15, 2012
^^
Hmmmmmm,
Indeed 'in the hood' language.

@Goshen,
You have now been sucked in to the group of the mockers and actually banter with some professed unbelievers and God haters on God's word.
I would just advice you to be careful. It may be funny now...however you are answerable only to Him.

I have wanted to ask what made you come up with your choice of username.
Re: God's Moral Law by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:40am On May 16, 2012
Snowwy: ^^
Hmmmmmm,
Indeed 'in the hood' language.

I guess the hood language is more appropriate. Do you know how it will look like in pidgin English?

Snowwy:
@Goshen,
You have now been sucked in to the group of the mockers and actually banter with some professed unbelievers and God haters on God's word.
I would just advice you to be careful. It may be funny now...however you are answerable only to Him.

I have wanted to ask what made you come up with your choice of username.

I hope he has realised what he has been sucked into and make readjustment to his position.
Re: God's Moral Law by Snowwy: 6:43am On May 17, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

I guess the hood language is more appropriate. Do you know how it will look like in pidgin English?

Do you want to give a teaser? wink
Preaching in the language to be understood by the hearers
Re: God's Moral Law by brainpulse: 11:22am On May 17, 2012
@OLAADEGBU

For us to understand the purpose of Grace we must understand and can never throw away the motive of the law, because this was given by God Himself the same yesterday, today and forever Heb 13:8 and the unchanging God. The motive of the law has never being thrown away by God nor by Jesus, but Jesus through Grace as come to make perfect the motive of the law as pronounced by God which was not easy for man because on the flesh, which you have intelligently disserted.

Galatians 5:19-20 also brought out the working of the Law which the spirit through the grace brought by Christ had come to perfect.

You are a teacher of the Word, I respect your efforts for that and I will like to title your teaching if permitted: The Law, The grace and The Man or The Workings of The Law, The Grace and Man
Re: God's Moral Law by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:45pm On May 17, 2012
brainpulse: @OLAADEGBU

For us to understand the purpose of Grace we must understand and can never throw away the motive of the law, because this was given by God Himself the same yesterday, today and forever Heb 13:8 and the unchanging God. The motive of the law has never being thrown away by God nor by Jesus, but Jesus through Grace as come to make perfect the motive of the law as pronounced by God which was not easy for man because on the flesh, which you have intelligently disserted.

Galatians 5:19-20 also brought out the working of the Law which the spirit through the grace brought by Christ had come to perfect.

You are a teacher of the Word, I respect your efforts for that and I will like to title your teaching if permitted: The Law, The grace and The Man or The Workings of The Law, The Grace and Man

Thanks for your admonition and encouragement. Your suggested title is a much better representation of the thread and I will adjust it as soon as possible. Your contribution to this thread is much appreciated. God richly bless you.
Re: God's Moral Law by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:18pm On May 17, 2012
Snowwy:

Do you want to give a teaser? wink
Preaching in the language to be understood by the hearers

How about this?

God should be number one.

Don't bow down to anything but God.

Don't use your lips to dishonour God.

Don't neglect the things of God

Loud and clear.

6. Thou shalt not kill
Do not murder.

Adultery forbidden.

8. Thou shalt not steal
Don't be a thief.

9. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy brother
Don't be a liar.

Don't want what others have.
Re: God's Moral Law by Ptolomeus(m): 5:56pm On May 17, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

You and other pretenders have shown your true colours on this thread. You are rather a contradiction if you are claiming to be a Christian, no?

I am not a fanatic. That's the difference. I think the sadism of that god is innebagle, regardless of the belief that each one.
Only you, your irrational fanaticism and utter lack of analysis may attempt to disguise that God delighted in human sacrifices ... That god until he sacrifice his own son Jesus!
What do you try to deny?
You know that for some aspects of Judaism, human sacrifices are still practiced?
Surely you ignore it, but even if you ignore it will deny it.
You write a lot and think very little.
You move slightly or your fingers, and more your neurons.
Re: God's Moral Law by Snowwy: 8:18pm On May 17, 2012

God should be number one. Look unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith. Nothing should seperate us from God.

Don't bow down to anything but God. Words like...'Oh she is my Idol' looks harmless but is not right. Don't hold anything higher than God. Graven images could be one's work, possessions etc.

Don't use your lips to dishonour God. No swearing using God's name either. God's name should be held sacred.

Don't neglect the things of God. Rest in God.

Loud and clear. Treat your parents as you want your children to treat you.

6. Thou shalt not kill
Do not murder. Don't hate. Murder isn't just physical...one can murder in ones mind and it starts with hate.

Adultery forbidden. Also adultery of looking at someone who isn't even your wife or husband with sexual thoughts. Constantly bring into captivity every thought that tries to exalt itself against God is needed. Whatsoever things are pure...dwell on it. Need to renew the mind with God's word.

8. Thou shalt not steal
Don't be a thief. A lot to be said here. Don't cheat.

9. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy brother as well.
Don't be a liar. Simply said

Don't want what others have. Be content with what you have, try to always outdo yourself by doing things better. Don't use man as your yardstick.

Love........explains this. Love God and your neighbour.

I am yet to see how a 'waffi' man would try to understand these commandments. Who can 'interprete' in waffi.
Re: God's Moral Law by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:14am On May 18, 2012
The Seven Editions of the Law

"For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people." (Hebrews 8:10)

God's progressive revelation throughout history involves several sovereign communications to mankind. There are seven such revelations listed in the Bible:

1. Written in Nature. Psalm 19:1-2 states:

"The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth His handywork. Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge."

2. Written in Conscience. Romans 1:19 says that all men are without excuse

"Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.."

3. Written on Stone.

"And the Lord said unto Moses, Come up to me into the mount, and be there: and I will give thee tables of stone, and a law, and commandments which I have written." (Exodus 24:12).

4. Written in Scripture.

"For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope." (Romans 15:4).

5. Written in Christ.

"And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth." (John 1:14).

6. Written in Believers.

"Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men." (II Corinthians 3:2).

7. Written on the Heart.

This is revelation recounted in our text (and quoted from Jeremiah 31:33) of a day coming where God will make Himself known in a new way by ruling visibly upon the earth and being personally accessible to all. DW

For more . . . .
Re: God's Moral Law by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:45pm On May 22, 2012
No Other Gods

"Thou shalt have no other gods before me." (Exodus 20:3)

This first commandment, written by the finger of God Himself on Mount Sinai--twice (Exodus 31:18; 34:1)--contains a very intriguing choice of words.

"Thou shalt have no." is rendered from the Hebrew word lo, which is an emphatic negative: "never," "neither," "not," etc. The word "other," translates the Hebrew word acher, which is derived from another word meaning "behind," or "less." This word is also translated "following," "next," "|an|other," or "strange"--in the sense of being less than the previous object. Elohim is the Hebrew word for "gods," the term for "powerful ones."

The Holy Spirit's most unusual choice of words is the phrase 'al paniym at the end of the sentence, translated "before me" That phrase literally means "against the faces" or in the sense of "on top of" So, a direct translation of the command would be, "Never place a less powerful being on top of my faces." It can also be rendered, "Don't ever let any other god get between your face and my face."

Moses gave several instructions on how we are to observe the command. We are not to worship (prostrate, bow down to) any other god (Exodus 34:14), or mention (call to memory) the name of other gods (Exodus 23:13), or walk behind other gods (Deuteronomy 6:14). We are not to forget (mislay, be oblivious of) YAHWEH, and in so doing serve other gods (Deuteronomy 8:18-19). We must not allow our hearts to be deceived (become broad, liberal, "open"-minded) and worship other gods (Deuteronomy 11:16). And we are not to go aside (turn off, withdraw) from the words of God, and by doing so serve other gods (Deuteronomy 28:14).

No wonder our Lord Jesus called this the "first and great commandment" and insisted that we must "love the Lord thy God will all thy heart" (Matthew 22:37-38.) HMM III

For more . . . .
Re: God's Moral Law by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:03pm On May 23, 2012
No Other Image

"Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing." (Exodus 20:4)

There are several reasons why idolatry is forbidden. The most obvious it that the triune Creator is too great to attempt to visualize (Exodus 34:5-7). There is no thing or experience in human existence that can represent the immortal and invisible Creator (1 Timothy 6:16).

Thus, God sees any effort to "picture" Him (idolatry) as rebellion (Jeremiah 5:19-25). It does not matter how we may attempt to "see" God. "Any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth." (Exodus 20:4) are all totally incapable of expressing God's person.

Romans 1:18-32 reveals the heart of an idolater. Those who hold the truth in unrighteousness (v. 18 ) will not glorify God as God (v. 21), even though they know Him by the creation itself (v. 20). Instead, they change God's inestimable glory into an earthly creature (v. 23) and consciously change God's truth into a lie (v. 25).

Thus, by open choice and willing rebellion, idolators worship and serve the creature rather than the Creator (v. 25), thereby abandoning God for a despicable and unnatural lust, for an ungodliness that, in turn, causes them to despise the very thought of God in their knowledge (v. 28.) Ultimately, the only pleasure they can find is among other idolaters (v. 32).

Paul taught the "philosophers" in Acts 17:22-29 that the heart of idolatry is rejection of God as Creator. Idolatry, in any form or practice, strikes at the heart of salvation, because "he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him" (Hebrews 11:6). HMM III

For more . . . .
Re: God's Moral Law by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:15am On May 24, 2012
God's Precious Name

"Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain." (Exodus 20:7)

As always, the word choices of the Holy Spirit are very important. The Hebrew word nasa, translated "take," is widely used to describe willful misuse or manipulation of an item or idea. The Hebrew word for "name," shem, literally means "a position" and carries the idea of a mark or memorial, implying a description of character.

God proclaimed His name: "The LORD, The LORD God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth, Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty" (Exodus 34:6-7). Moses described God as: "He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he" (Deuteronomy 32:4).

Misusing the name of God is clarified by the final phrase "in vain," translated from the Hebrew shav, which describes "a desolation, an evil, a useless or worthless thing." "And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD" (Leviticus 19:12).

Thus, making a false (untrue, unrealistic, unmeant) statement using God's name is wrong (Jeremiah 5:1-3; Matthew 5:33-37). Also, wounding the name of God through words or actions is equally wrong (Leviticus 20:1-5). A bad testimony (Ezekiel 36:20-23), improper service (Ezekiel 20:39-40), or giving the second best to God (Malachi 1:10-14) disobeys this commandment.

Clearly, this is no mere restraint against "cussing." It demands open worship of the nature and attributes of the Creator through our words and our lifestyle. HMM III

For more . . . .
Re: God's Moral Law by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:32pm On May 25, 2012
God's Rest Day

"Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy." (Exodus 20:8 )

The Hebrew word shabbat is found 108 times in the Old Testament. The basic meaning is "intermission" or "break." The term never means "Saturday" or "seven."

The pattern of resting every seventh day-night cycle was established by God at creation (Genesis 2:1-3; Exodus 20:11). God "made" (performed activity) for six days and rested and ended His work on the seventh day.

Therefore, God blessed and "hallowed" the resting day to commemorate His initial work and rest cycle. There is no other basis for this pattern. There is no relationship for the seven-day week in any astronomical clock reference: solar, stellar, or lunar. In fact, the Lord Jesus clearly told us that He made the sabbath for humanity (Mark 2:27). Apart from God's specific design, we would have no reason to observe the seven-day week, which is common to all cultures.

All humanity observes the seven-day cycle from a practical and physiological need. Christians, however, should acknowledge that the sabbath was dedicated by God at creation to be a day of "sanctification."

God's people should follow the pattern He set (Genesis 2:1-3) and recognise the wonder and majesty of the creation (Exodus 20:11). We should cease from our own profitable employment (Exodus 20:9-10) and, more importantly, concentrate on the worship of our Creator (Psalm 92).

This commandment is the only command listed with a specific reason, and the precise wording should forever settle the argument about a "day-age" interpretation of creation. In Exodus 20:11, the wording can only mean a "regular" day.

There is no linguistic excuse for long ages anywhere. HMM III

For more . . . .
Re: God's Moral Law by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:16pm On May 27, 2012
Honouring Parents

"Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee." (Exodus 20:12)

This is the "first commandment with promise" (Ephesians 6:2) and starts the second set of instructions in Exodus 20 for godly living. While the first four commandments focus on our relationship with God Himself, the last six are designed to protect and enhance our relationship with each other.

Among all human relationships, the family becomes the primary sphere (Genesis 1:26-28; 2:21-25; Ephesians 6:1-2) for learning. Human government and nationality have their place in our relationships between and among each other, but the home is the basic training station (Genesis 18:19; Ephesians 6:4) to establish functional authority.

The home is the place to exercise the discipline that will instill respect for authority (Hebrews 12:5-11). Such discipline may involve corporal punishment (Proverbs 22:15; 23:13-14) or verbal rebuke (1 Thessalonians 2:11-12) or even involve the withholding of reward or privilege (Genesis 49:1-26). Government struggles and society reels when homes are negligent in establishing obedience to rules.

The promise of a long life is based upon the child obeying his parents (Proverbs 6:20) and helping his parents as they require care or assistance in their later years (1 Timothy 5:8, 16).

The Lord Jesus submitted Himself to this authority (Luke 2:51). Since He lived a sinless life (Hebrews 4:15), it would follow that He upheld this commandment and honoured His earthly parents just as He honoured His heavenly Father.

The honour given to parents is even extended to all elderly people (Leviticus 19:32). Would God these instructions were followed by all families. HMM III

For more . . . .
Re: God's Moral Law by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:58pm On May 28, 2012
No Murder

"Thou shalt not kill." (Exodus 20:13)

The basis for murder is hatred (Deuteronomy 19:11; Exodus 21:14). The use of a weapon identifies murder. It may be a lethal weapon, like an "instrument of iron" (Numbers 35:16); a weapon of opportunity, like a stone or club (Numbers 35:17-18 ); or merely the use of hands (Numbers 35:21).

In contrast, accidental killing is distinguished from murder (Exodus 21:13). Sometimes identified as "unaware" killing (Deuteronomy 4:42) and described as "error" killing (Numbers 35:11), it occurs without enmity (Numbers 35:22; Deuteronomy 19:14; Joshua 20:5) and by accident (Numbers 35:23), even though it may result from carelessness (Deuteronomy 19:5).

Execution is demanded for premeditated and presumptuous murders. The original authority was given to corporate man by God after the Flood (Genesis 9:5-6) The process of trial and conviction was established in Numbers 35:30-31. All such laws are designed to suppress evil (1 Timothy 1:8-10).

Imprisonment from normal society is demanded for accidental killings. Cities of refuge were built for such manslayers (Joshua 20:1-9) and were to be easily accessible to the nation (Deuteronomy 19:7-8 ). They were places of protection (Numbers 35:15) and restriction (Numbers 35:26-28 ), to be voluntarily entered (Exodus 21:13; Numbers 35:11). Imprisonment was for an indefinite length, and a person remained in the refuge until the "death of the high priest" (Joshua 20:6).

Modern laws dimly reflect these ideals but are made less effective by delay. "Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil" (Ecclesiastes 8:11). HMM III

For more . . . .
Re: God's Moral Law by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:54am On May 29, 2012
No Adultery

"Thou shalt not commit adultery." (Exodus 20:14)

This commandment's obvious application is for marital fidelity. God created one man and one woman for that man (Genesis 1:26; 2:18; 1 Corinthians 11:9).

Adam recognised the sanctity of marriage (Genesis 2:23-25). Christ verified and reaffirmed this fidelity (Matthew 5:27; 19:4-6). Adultery "murders" a marriage and was punished with the death penalty (Leviticus 20:10).

The Bible also gives several parallel restrictions. Pre-marital sex is forbidden (Deuteronomy 22:20-21; 1 Corinthians 6:13-18 ), as is the practice of prostitution (Leviticus 19:29). The perversion of homosexuality is forbidden (Deuteronomy 23:17-18 ), as was the practice of religious sexual rites (Hosea 4:12-14).

The purpose of these social restrictions in the Mosaic Law is to set a clear and visible distinction between God's people and the rest of the nations. God abhorred such behaviour (Leviticus 20:23) because these sins defiled the land (Leviticus 18:24-28 ). Perhaps even more damning than the physical sins was the false worship of other gods (Jeremiah 3:20).

The Lord Jesus clearly equated lust and adultery (Matthew 5:28 ), noting that the heart is the source of all evil actions (Matthew 15:19). In fact, in the New Testament, any worldly association is whoredom and such friendship is enmity with God (James 4:4).

Unfortunately, we are surrounded by an overt promotion of such behaviour, enticing all to engage freely. It is distributed to us through books, movies, TV, Internet, music, fashion, and associations.

Surely, it is clear that the Christian must conform to biblical standards, not the world's tolerance or permission (1 John 2:15-17). HMM III

For more . . . .
Re: God's Moral Law by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:50pm On May 30, 2012
No Stealing

"Thou shalt not steal." (Exodus 20:15)

The word translated "steal" is the Hebrew ganab and is restricted to acts done secretly. It figuratively describes wind sweeping something away unexpectedly (Job 21:18; 27:20) and illustrates the thief-like movements of military deserters (2 Samuel 19:4). It would fit the term "burglary."

Burglary was punishable on a graded scale. A 200 percent penalty was levied if the property was returned unharmed (Exodus 22:4, 7, 9), a 400 or 500 percent penalty if the property was damaged or destroyed (Exodus 22:1), and a 700 percent penalty if the property stolen was food (Proverbs 6:30-31). Personal indenture was enforced if the thief could not pay the monetary levy (Exodus 22:3).

The command extends to our care of the property of others. Loss due to negligence is considered stealing (Exodus 22:7, 10-13). This would also apply to unfair business practices that defraud either customers or employees (Leviticus 19:35-36).

In our personal lives, we are expected to repay our debts (Ezekiel 33:15; 18:7, 12, 16) and pay our taxes (Romans 13:5-8; Matthew 22:17-21). Failure to do so makes us a "thief" in God’s eyes.

The Hebrew word qaba, on the other hand, is used to emphasise the violent seizing of property. It would fit the term "robbery." This is the word used in the question: "Will a man rob God?" (Malachi 3:8 ). We can infer that disobedience to tithing is a more dangerous infraction of the eighth commandment than mere "burglary."

May God keep us from either violation as we seek to please Him. HMM III

For more . . . .
Re: God's Moral Law by Ptolomeus(m): 7:00pm On May 30, 2012
I do not understand exactly what the moral standards of Jewish Christian god:
a) Send to sacrifice animals, children and virgins to make offerings; b) condemns the sacrifices
a) We are commanded to love our neighbor b) Order destroying villages and killing every last child
a) condemns adultery b) honors Abraham, David, Solomon, who were adulterers.
a) Order not to drink alcohol b) turns water into wine for all to drink
a) He asks us peace and love b) expels the merchants from the temple with a whip.
I will be brief, but could go with thousands of examples.
Re: God's Moral Law by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:12am On May 31, 2012
Ptolomeus:

I do not understand exactly what the moral standards of Jewish Christian god:
a) Send to sacrifice animals, children and virgins to make offerings; b) condemns the sacrifices
a) We are commanded to love our neighbor b) Order destroying villages and killing every last child
a) condemns adultery b) honors Abraham, David, Solomon, who were adulterers.
a) Order not to drink alcohol b) turns water into wine for all to drink
a) He asks us peace and love b) expels the merchants from the temple with a whip.
I will be brief, but could go with thousands of examples.

Stay tuned and all your misconceptions will soon be abated.
Re: God's Moral Law by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:08pm On May 31, 2012
No False Witness

"Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour." (Exodus 20:16)

There are several important and very specific words used in this commandment. An expanded translation could well be, "Do not purposely intend to injure or plan to deceive others by repeating a damaging report about one with whom you have established a relationship."

The very idea of a lie originated with the great enemy, Satan (John 8:44; 1 John 2:21), no doubt rendering the lying tongue an abomination to God (Proverbs 6:17-19; 12:22).

The willing false witness will not escape punishment (Proverbs 19:5, 9). Indeed, such a person may die prematurely (Acts 5:4-10).

Untruth is not overlooked by God. In fact, those who are "liars" by practice will likely wind up in hell (Revelation 21:8, 27; 22:15).

While the focus of this commandment prohibits a "formal" false witness against someone--which would result in damage to their person, property, or reputation--the biblical applications are many and varied. Our holy God hates a false witness.

So-called "half truths" are not godly, either. Flattery and hypocrisy are wrong (Psalm 12:1-3; Proverbs 29:5), as are malicious joking and jesting (Proverbs 26:18-19; Ephesians 5:4). Even deceptive refusals are considered ungodly behaviour (Proverbs 3:27-29; 1 John 3:17-18 ). And, of course, slander, gossip, and "tale bearing" are wrong (Psalm 101:5).

Those who name the name of Jesus Christ are, simply, to speak the truth (Ephesians 4:25), render sound judgment (1 Corinthians 6:1-5), and not to enter into a plot to do evil (Zechariah 7:9-10; Romans 12:9, 17, 21). Our "yes" and our "no" are to be precise and accurate (James 5:12). HMM III

For more . . . .
Re: God's Moral Law by Ptolomeus(m): 5:58pm On May 31, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

I said being a Christian?
You should not drink so early dear friend ...
I did some Bible verses .... Analyze them?
Perhaps they are wrong or out of context?
The same Jewish-Christian god demanding love of neighbor, is the commanding sacrificing virgins and children as an offering to him.
You disagree with that?
Re: God's Moral Law by Ptolomeus(m): 6:01pm On May 31, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Stay tuned and all your misconceptions will soon be abated.
Double standards, laws that god does not apply to some and if applicable to other ... no morality, no sense of justice in the conduct of the Jewish-Christian god.
At least ONE of my concerns are voiced answer.

I am quoting the Bible.
You deny that god demanded human sacrifices!
Deny you accept adultery!
No, you better keep your chatter that nobody reads.
Re: God's Moral Law by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:24pm On May 31, 2012
Ptolomeus:
Double standards, laws that god does not apply to some and if applicable to other ... no morality, no sense of justice in the conduct of the Jewish-Christian god.
At least ONE of my concerns are voiced answer.

I am quoting the Bible.
You deny that god demanded human sacrifices!
Deny you accept adultery!
No, you better keep your chatter that nobody reads.

Why don't you point out the passages or verses that you are accusing the Creator God of so that we can address your supposed contradictions?
Re: God's Moral Law by Ptolomeus(m): 7:00pm On May 31, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Why don't you point out the passages or verses that you are accusing the Creator God of so that we can address your supposed contradictions?
You want biblical quotations, showing that the Judeo-Christian god demanded human sacrifices and of animals?
Well, here are some quotes, I can offer a lot more.
I remind you that the birth of Jesus, Joseph and Mary offered the sacrifice of animals that corresponded to that birth. Now, I hope you deny eu ... although I know you will as always ... end up talking about other nonsense.
Go!

Leviticus is the book of the ceremonies of the Jewish religion. From beginning to end is full of details as to the kind of sacrifice, a way to kill the victims and the times you should repeat certain ritual. As for the class of victims, animals should be flawless and that the law of God considered clean, namely, that ruminating and had the hoof. At slaughter, their throats cut was necessary, spraying blood around the altar. As for the times that the sacrifices had to repeat, with some it was every year, some other times in the year, and yet another daily

"Every priest [Aaronic Levitical] presents daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins, but he [Christ] had offered for the sins a single sacrifice, is seated at the right hand of God, "10.11,12.

"The wages of sin is death." From the beginning of human history, men have sought ways to pay for his sins. Cain offered the fruits of the earth, and was rejected, Abel offered a lamb, and there have been those who have offered even their own children in the Holocaust.

Another Human sacrifices
Judges 11:30-39
Jephthah sacrifices his daughter, who is the first one out to meet him after he defeated the Ammonites.
Numbers 25:1-13
Yahweh ordered the killing of the leaders of the people as "atonement" for the sin of idolatry that had made the people of Israel with Moabite women.
1 Samuel 21:1-9
The Israelites impaled seven people as atonement for the guilt of the people of Israel, Saul had killed the Gibeonites.

(Jeremiah 7:31). . . They have built the high places of Tophet, which is in the valley of the son of Hinnom, to burn their sons and daughters in the fire, which I had not ordered and had not gone to my heart. '
So as "destroyed" to the "nations" idolatrous Canaanite Lord also ignored the unfaithful Israelites. They just received their payment by the Babylonians in 607 BCE Similarly, he tidies up with that today directly or indirectly relate to the shedding of blood of millions and millions of people through abominations like war, murder and abortion.

Yahweh takes pleasure in the sacrifices we make to spread his message of the Good news of the Kingdom.
Ex 20.22.26
24 th. Me up an altar of earth, and he'd offer your burnt offerings, your offerings, your sheep and your oxen.
Re: God's Moral Law by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:10pm On May 31, 2012
Ptolomeus:
You want biblical quotations, showing that the Judeo-Christian god demanded human sacrifices and of animals?
Well, here are some quotes, I can offer a lot more.
I remind you that the birth of Jesus, Joseph and Mary offered the sacrifice of animals that corresponded to that birth. Now, I hope you deny eu ... although I know you will as always ... end up talking about other nonsense.
Go!

Leviticus is the book of the ceremonies of the Jewish religion. From beginning to end is full of details as to the kind of sacrifice, a way to kill the victims and the times you should repeat certain ritual. As for the class of victims, animals should be flawless and that the law of God considered clean, namely, that ruminating and had the hoof. At slaughter, their throats cut was necessary, spraying blood around the altar. As for the times that the sacrifices had to repeat, with some it was every year, some other times in the year, and yet another daily

"Every priest [Aaronic Levitical] presents daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins, but he [Christ] had offered for the sins a single sacrifice, is seated at the right hand of God, "10.11,12.

"The wages of sin is death." From the beginning of human history, men have sought ways to pay for his sins. Cain offered the fruits of the earth, and was rejected, Abel offered a lamb, and there have been those who have offered even their own children in the Holocaust.

Another Human sacrifices
Jephthah sacrifices his daughter, who is the first one out to meet him after he defeated the Ammonites.
Yahweh ordered the killing of the leaders of the people as "atonement" for the sin of idolatry that had made the people of Israel with Moabite women.
The Israelites impaled seven people as atonement for the guilt of the people of Israel, Saul had killed the Gibeonites.

(Jeremiah 7:31). . . They have built the high places of Tophet, which is in the valley of the son of Hinnom, to burn their sons and daughters in the fire, which I had not ordered and had not gone to my heart. '
So as "destroyed" to the "nations" idolatrous Canaanite Lord also ignored the unfaithful Israelites. They just received their payment by the Babylonians in 607 BCE Similarly, he tidies up with that today directly or indirectly relate to the shedding of blood of millions and millions of people through abominations like war, murder and abortion.

Yahweh takes pleasure in the sacrifices we make to spread his message of the Good news of the Kingdom.
Ex 20.22.26
24 th. Me up an altar of earth, and he'd offer your burnt offerings, your offerings, your sheep and your oxen.

In all of this you are yet to show me one verse where God commanded the practise of human sacrifice for the atonement of our sins apart from the Lamb of God that takes away the sins of the world.
Re: God's Moral Law by Ptolomeus(m): 7:18pm On May 31, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

[b]In all of this you are yet to show me one verse where God commanded the practise of human sacrifice for the atonement of our sins apart from the Lamb of God that takes away the sins of the world.

Hahahahaha! This is not a contradiction ... is an aberration on your part ....
But as I understand you can not read, I repeat something here ...
You can read Wave?
You are being ridiculous.

Another Human sacrifices

Ex 20.22.26
Re: God's Moral Law by logicboy: 7:19pm On May 31, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

In all of this you are yet to show me one verse where God commanded the practise of human sacrifice for the atonement of our sins apart from the Lamb of God that takes away the sins of the world.

Hey since you want to talk about morality, please visit my new thread;

https://www.nairaland.com/952084/religious-people-really-think-that
Re: God's Moral Law by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:26pm On May 31, 2012
logicboy:

Hey since you want to talk about morality, please visit my new thread;

https://www.nairaland.com/952084/religious-people-really-think-that

If you want to talk about morality start with answering the following questions conscientously.

With a tender conscience, check this list of the Ten Commandments:

Have I always loved God my Creator with all my heart, mind, soul and strength? ____YES ___NO
Have I made a god in my own image? a god to suit myself? ____YES ___NO
Have I ever used God's name in vain? ____YES ___NO
Have I kept the Sabbath holy? ____YES ___NO
Have I always honoured my parents implicitly? ____YES ___NO
Have I murdered (God considers hatred as murder)? ____YES ___NO
Have I committed adultery (including premarital sex and lust)? ____YES ___NO
Have I stolen (the value is irrelevant)? ____YES ___NO
Have I lied (including fibs and these questions)? ____YES ___NO
Have I coveted (been greedy or materialistic)? ____YES ___NO

If you have even broken one Law, then you have sinned against God and therefore will "surely die," for the "wages of sin is death."

We are all guilty of breaking the Commandments. Listen to the voice of your conscience, and let it remind you of some of the sins of the past. We are not perfect as we are commanded to be (Matthew 5:48 ), neither is our heart pure. On Judgment Day our transgressions will be the evidence of our shame. Think of it: God has seen every sin we have ever committed. We share our thought-life with Him.

We are guilty of violating His Law a multitude of times, yet if we repent, God can forgive us because Jesus stepped into the courtroom 2,000 years ago and paid the fine for us.

His death on the cross satisfied the Law we so blatantly transgressed, and at the same time demonstrated how much God loves us[i]—

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."[/i]

His shed blood on the cross can make you clean in the sight of a holy God, as though you have never sinned.

God doesn't want you to go to Hell. Please, forget your arguments, repent and put your trust in Jesus and be saved from God's wrath. Make Psalm 51 your prayer, then read your Bible

daily and always obey what you read; God will never let you down. Peace.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

She Saw Women of God in Hell - Adelaida de Carrillo / The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist / Atheists!!! God Loves You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 189
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.