Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,694 members, 7,823,949 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

God's Moral Law - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God's Moral Law (7314 Views)

Morality Demands A Moral Law Giver / Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? / Christianity Vs. Islam - The Moral Law By Arnie Gentile ( Part 2 ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God's Moral Law by Goshen360(m): 12:02pm On Oct 14, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

The purpose of the moral Law (the Ten Commandments) is to stop the sinner’s mouth of justification.

Ola, there's nowhere scripture called the 10 commandments 'moral law'. My brother, you're following these men to say what scripture did not say and\adding to the word of God. The Law is a wholesome package - just like you can't leave out animal sacrifice and you omit stoning to death those who transgress the Law, is the same way you can't pick one and do the other . . . these you should have done without leaving other undone.

OLAADEGBU:

The Law tells him what sin is (see 1 John 3:4) and stops him proclaiming his own goodness. Its intent is to drive him to the cross. John Wesley said, "The first use of [the Law], without question, is to convince the world of sin. By this is the sinner discovered to himself. All his fig-leaves are torn away, and he sees that he is ‘wretched and poor and miserable, blind and naked.’ The Law flashes conviction on every side. He feels himself a mere sinner. He has nothing to pay. His ‘mouth is stopped’ and he stands ‘guilty before God.’”

This is the same message I have been passing across but you can't believe I teach the truth unless it is coming from John Wesley, you will endorse it. Now, please don't misunderstand me. I say this because we cannot continue to discredit the truth simple because it is not taught by those we don't agree with.

The Law was designed to bring man to the end of himself so that he will realize he needs a Saviour. Look at all those Laws, can we keep them in our days, including no shaving, mix farming, mix clothing materials, menstruation etc. Jesus didn't come to give us more Laws and rules but one because the already existing Law, the Jewish people cannot keep them so Jesus fulfilled them. That is why Paul, the Apostle would say, the Law is not meant for the righteous but the sinners.

Again, the Law has two dimension - it reveals the sin in man and help him see the need for a Saviour. It is a shadow of the workings of God in the New Testament believer (good things to come). The Law is not to be taught as an enforcement to Christians because it's all fulfilled in Christ. This is the error of many preacher, they teach the Law as an enforcement to Christians rather teaching is as the two purpose mentioned above.

God bless you.

1 Like

Re: God's Moral Law by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:30am On Oct 15, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Keeping The Law

"For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all." (James 2:10)

The law of God, centred in the Ten Commandments, is "holy, and just, and good" (Romans 7:12) and expresses perfectly the will of God for holy living. "The man that doeth them shall live in them." (Galatians 3:12).

The problem is that no man can possibly do them all. A man may keep most of the commandments most of the time, but he will inevitably fail in some of them some of the time. Since the law is a divine unit, breaking any commandment—as our text reminds us—breaks the whole law, bringing the guilty one under God’s curse of death. "Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them" (Galatians 3:10). "Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in His sight" (Romans 3:20).

All men, having sinned against God’s law, are therefore lost and in urgent need of salvation. This is where God’s wonderful grace comes in. "But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, . . . Even the righteousness . . . which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe" (Romans 3:21,22), "Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us" (Galatians 3:13). He kept the law for us, and bore its curse for us: Thus we are saved through trusting Him.

"What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid" (Romans 6:1,2). We now desire to keep His commandments, because we love Him. "For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments: and His commandments are not grievous" (1 John 5:3). We are now able to keep them, because His Spirit now lives in us, and we are "strengthened with might by His Spirit in the inner man" (Ephesians 3:16). HMM

For more . . . .

He that has an ear let him hear what the Spirit says.
Re: God's Moral Law by Alwaystrue(f): 11:19am On Oct 15, 2013
@ola,
Jesus is the manifestation of the WORD of God. John says The Word became flesh FULL of grace and truth. Unfortunately the world did not know Him.

God had promised He will write His laws in our hearts and Jesus evidenced this when He picked the laws of His Father and gave the Spirit meaning which would help us do His Father's Will truly like when He spoke about Lust being behind the law against adultery and hatred behind the law of not killing. It is still the same law but with the TRUTH of it. He said alot on so many other laws and commands and showed the right way for it to be done...as this was the new testament which He sealed in His blood, He being the testator.

The bible also said the Lord is the Spirit so it is through Him we can understand the old testament when it is read with the right heart and in BELIEF.

And when Jesus was leaving earth He promised us another comforter who would guide us in all truth and remind us of those things He said.
Thank God for His grace indeed.
Re: God's Moral Law by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:30pm On Oct 15, 2013
Alwaystrue:

@ola,
Jesus is the manifestation of the WORD of God. John says The Word became flesh FULL of grace and truth. Unfortunately the world did not know Him.

God had promised He will write His laws in our hearts and Jesus evidenced this when He picked the laws of His Father and gave the Spirit meaning which would help us do His Father's Will truly like when He spoke about Lust being behind the law against adultery and hatred behind the law of not killing. It is still the same law but with the TRUTH of it. He said alot on so many other laws and commands and showed the right way for it to be done...as this was the new testament which He sealed in His blood, He being the testator.

The bible also said the Lord is the Spirit so it is through Him we can understand the old testament when it is read with the right heart and in BELIEF.

And when Jesus was leaving earth He promised us another comforter who would guide us in all truth and remind us of those things He said.
Thank God for His grace indeed.

God bless you my sister. God loves us so much that He did not leave us without a witness as we can see in the revisited article below.

OLAADEGBU:

The Seven Editions of the Law

"For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people." (Hebrews 8:10)

God's progressive revelation throughout history involves several sovereign communications to mankind. There are seven such revelations listed in the Bible:

1. Written in Nature. Psalm 19:1-2 states:

"The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth His handywork. Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge."

2. Written in Conscience. Romans 1:19 says that all men are without excuse

"Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.."

3. Written on Stone.

"And the Lord said unto Moses, Come up to me into the mount, and be there: and I will give thee tables of stone, and a law, and commandments which I have written." (Exodus 24:12).

4. Written in Scripture.

"For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope." (Romans 15:4).

5. Written in Christ.

"And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth." (John 1:14).

6. Written in Believers.

"Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men." (II Corinthians 3:2).

7. Written on the Heart.

This is revelation recounted in our text (and quoted from Jeremiah 31:33) of a day coming where God will make Himself known in a new way by ruling visibly upon the earth and being personally accessible to all. DW

For more . . . .
Re: God's Moral Law by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:53pm On Oct 15, 2013
Without the Law of God (the Ten Commandments) humanity predictably strays into "idolatry" (atheism is a form of idolatry). The First of the Ten Commandments addresses this with "I am The Lord your God. You shall have no other God's before Me." When Israel waited at the foot of Mount Sinai for Moses to receive that Law, like a car with a blowout of a front tire at 70 MPH, they veered off the right path into idolatry, and the immediate result was that they took their clothes off and partied. Thus we have Law-less modern America. They have lost sight of the moral Law, have predictably taken off their clothes and partied. If we believe that there's no Law, then there's no morality. However the Law was written in stone for a reason. It's permanent. It will be the unwavering standard of judgment on Judgment Day (see Romans 2:12, James 2:12) and will justly damn those who transgress its perfect precepts.

www.needGod.com
Re: God's Moral Law by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:00pm On Oct 15, 2013
Kelvin Shmelvin Said: "Which god is that? There are thousands."

Ray Answers: There are millions. Hinduism has 450 million gods. There is only one Creator who began the Ten Commandments with "I am the Lord you God, you shall have no other gods before Me." He's the One you must face on Judgment Day. He warns that without His mercy, absolute Justice will damn you. That's why you need the Saviour. If you are interested in eternal life, please check out www.needGod.com
Re: God's Moral Law by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:25pm On Oct 18, 2013
Name just one famous person in history-good or bad-whose name has been adopted as a cuss word: Napoleon, Shakespeare, Hitler, Mother Teresa, or perhaps Gandhi? There's only One human being whose Name is used to express disgust. He is the One who said to love your enemies, to show kindness to those who despitefully use you, and to treat others as you would have them treat you. Why then is He despised? It's because He's also the One who maintained that God requires moral accountability. He warned, "The world cannot hate you, but it hates Me because I testify of it that its works are evil" (John 7:7).
Re: God's Moral Law by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:06pm On Oct 21, 2013
There were some in John Wesley’s day who refused to preach the Law (the ten Commandments) to bring the knowledge of sin. They justified their method by saying that they preached “Christ and Him crucified.” So Wesley points to Paul’s method of preaching Christ crucified:

". . . when Felix sent for Paul, on purpose that he might 'hear him concerning the faith in Christ;' instead of preaching Christ in your sense (which would probably have caused the Governor, either to mock or to contradict and blaspheme,) 'he reasoned of righteousness, temperance, and judgment to come,' till Felix (hardened as he was) 'trembled,' (Acts 24:24,25). Go thou and tread in his steps. Preach Christ to the careless sinner, by reasoning 'of righteousness, temperance, and judgment to come!'"
Re: God's Moral Law by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:42pm On Nov 04, 2013
We are surrounded by unseen and rarely spoken about “laws.” Take for example music. It is painfully obvious when someone sings off key. We intuitively know that something is wrong, unless we ourselves are tone deaf. So it is morally. We are all subject to the moral Law. We intuitively know that lying, stealing, the killing of the unborn, rape, adultery, fornication, lust, hatred, etc., are wrong. However, some are morally deaf. The Ten Commandments brings our hearing back. They stir the conscience to do its God-given duty. Listen to it. It’s not your enemy…and neither are we.

Watch -> www.EvolutionVsGod.com (Almost 1 Million Views)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

She Saw Women of God in Hell - Adelaida de Carrillo / The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist / Atheists!!! God Loves You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.