Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,443 members, 7,823,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

God's Moral Law - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God's Moral Law (7312 Views)

Morality Demands A Moral Law Giver / Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? / Christianity Vs. Islam - The Moral Law By Arnie Gentile ( Part 2 ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God's Moral Law by logicboy: 7:35pm On May 31, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

If you want to talk about morality start with answering the following questions conscientously.

With a tender conscience, check this list of the Ten Commandments:

Have I always loved God my Creator with all my heart, mind, soul and strength? ____YES ___NO
Have I made a god in my own image? a god to suit myself? ____YES ___NO
Have I ever used God's name in vain? ____YES ___NO
Have I kept the Sabbath holy? ____YES ___NO
Have I always honoured my parents implicitly? ____YES ___NO
Have I murdered (God considers hatred as murder)? ____YES ___NO
Have I committed adultery (including premarital sex and lust)? ____YES ___NO
Have I stolen (the value is irrelevant)? ____YES ___NO
Have I lied (including fibs and these questions)? ____YES ___NO
Have I coveted (been greedy or materialistic)? ____YES ___NO

If you have even broken one Law, then you have sinned against God and therefore will "surely die," for the "wages of sin is death."

We are all guilty of breaking the Commandments. Listen to the voice of your conscience, and let it remind you of some of the sins of the past. We are not perfect as we are commanded to be (Matthew 5:48 ), neither is our heart pure. On Judgment Day our transgressions will be the evidence of our shame. Think of it: God has seen every sin we have ever committed. We share our thought-life with Him.

We are guilty of violating His Law a multitude of times, yet if we repent, God can forgive us because Jesus stepped into the courtroom 2,000 years ago and paid the fine for us.

His death on the cross satisfied the Law we so blatantly transgressed, and at the same time demonstrated how much God loves us[i]—

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."[/i]

His shed blood on the cross can make you clean in the sight of a holy God, as though you have never sinned.

God doesn't want you to go to Hell. Please, forget your arguments, repent and put your trust in Jesus and be saved from God's wrath. Make Psalm 51 your prayer, then read your Bible

daily and always obey what you read; God will never let you down. Peace.

Oh my God! I'm a sinner! I lied to my boss and I have stolen credit card numbers shocked shocked shocked God help me!!!!!!

Okay visit my thread
https://www.nairaland.com/952084/religious-people-really-think-that
Re: God's Moral Law by Ptolomeus(m): 7:38pm On May 31, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

If you want to talk about morality start with answering the following questions conscientously.

With a tender conscience, check this list of the Ten Commandments:

Have I always loved God my Creator with all my heart, mind, soul and strength? ____YES ___NO
Have I made a god in my own image? a god to suit myself? ____YES ___NO
Have I ever used God's name in vain? ____YES ___NO
Have I kept the Sabbath holy? ____YES ___NO
Have I always honoured my parents implicitly? ____YES ___NO
Have I murdered (God considers hatred as murder)? ____YES ___NO
Have I committed adultery (including premarital sex and lust)? ____YES ___NO
Have I stolen (the value is irrelevant)? ____YES ___NO
Have I lied (including fibs and these questions)? ____YES ___NO
Have I coveted (been greedy or materialistic)? ____YES ___NO

If you have even broken one Law, then you have sinned against God and therefore will "surely die," for the "wages of sin is death."

We are all guilty of breaking the Commandments. Listen to the voice of your conscience, and let it remind you of some of the sins of the past. We are not perfect as we are commanded to be (Matthew 5:48 ), neither is our heart pure. On Judgment Day our transgressions will be the evidence of our shame. Think of it: God has seen every sin we have ever committed. We share our thought-life with Him.

We are guilty of violating His Law a multitude of times, yet if we repent, God can forgive us because Jesus stepped into the courtroom 2,000 years ago and paid the fine for us.

His death on the cross satisfied the Law we so blatantly transgressed, and at the same time demonstrated how much God loves us[i]—

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."[/i]

His shed blood on the cross can make you clean in the sight of a holy God, as though you have never sinned.

God doesn't want you to go to Hell. Please, forget your arguments, repent and put your trust in Jesus and be saved from God's wrath. Make Psalm 51 your prayer, then read your Bible

daily and always obey what you read; God will never let you down. Peace.

Hahahaha Olaadegbu is absolutely crazy!
Copy and paste the same in all the threads!
Dementia senile hahahahaha
Look at this!

https://www.nairaland.com/934799/reasons-why-obama-not-christian/12
Re: God's Moral Law by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:40pm On Jun 01, 2012
logicboy:

Oh my God! I'm a sinner! I lied to my boss and I have stolen credit card numbers shocked shocked shocked God help me!!!!!!

Do you now recognise that you have disobeyed God's commands? If so would you now like to receive Jesus Christ's sacrifice on the Cross as payment for your sins and then submit your life to Him and receive the free gift of eternal life?

logicboy:

Okay visit my thread
https://www.nairaland.com/952084/religious-people-really-think-that

I will do so as soon as I have the opportunity to contribute.
Re: God's Moral Law by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:50pm On Jun 01, 2012
No Coveting

"Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his a-ss, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's." (Exodus 20:17)

This is the broadest prohibition of the Ten Commandments, spilling over to numerous portions of the Scripture. This commandment gives us three different views of "covet" The initial commandment (Exodus 20:17) uses the Hebrew word chamad, which means "to delight in." The repeated commandment (Deuteronomy 5:21) uses the word 'avah, which translates "to wish for." And the applied commandment (Jeremiah 6:13) uses the word batsa', which is "to be greedy."

There are two classic examples from which we can learn.

In spite of the awesome evidence of the Rea Sea crossing, water from the rock, and the manna from heaven, Israel was not satisfied with the Lord's provision (Numbers 11:7-15). They "fell a lusting" ('avah) for the old delicacies of Egypt (Numbers 11:4-6). The Lord gave Israel its request for "meat" (Numbers 11:16-31), then sent a plague of judgment (Numbers 11:32-35) on the ungrateful nation.

There is also the tragic example of Achan (Joshua 7). Achan had been warned twice (Deuteronomy 7:25; Joshua 6:18-19) not to crave the riches of Jericho. But he gave into "a delightful desire" (chamad, Joshua 7:21). Achan's sin brought judgment upon the whole nation (Joshua 7:5-15) until he was executed (Joshua 7:25-26).

God does not tolerate covetousness. The Bible is clear: those that covet are never satisfied (Psalm 78:23-37) and have leanness sent to their souls (Psalm 106:13-15). May our Lord protect us from giving in to the "lust of the flesh" (1 John 2:16). HMM III

For more . . . .
Re: God's Moral Law by logicboy: 5:52pm On Jun 01, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Do you now recognise that you have disobeyed God's commands? If so would you now like to receive Jesus Christ's sacrifice on the Cross as payment for your sins and then submit your life to Him and receive the free gift of eternal life?

I will do so as soon as I have the opportunity to contribute.

I was joking. Havent I told you that I am a hardcore atheist?
Re: God's Moral Law by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:15pm On Jun 01, 2012
logicboy:

I was joking. Havent I told you that I am a hardcore atheist?

I hope your heart hasn't fossilised yet? wink

Re: God's Moral Law by logicboy: 7:09pm On Jun 01, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

I hope your heart hasn't fossilised yet? wink

Do you understand the irony of the picture? Dinosaurs debunk genesis!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/718264_20050516_gifae6c72593116c5cc890c75a5fafdf4bd
Re: God's Moral Law by Ptolomeus(m): 7:16pm On Jun 01, 2012
Ptolomeus: [b][/b]

Hahahahaha!
But as I understand you can not read, I repeat something here ...
You can read Wave?

"The wages of sin is death." From the beginning of human history, men have sought ways to pay for his sins. Cain offered the fruits of the earth, and was rejected, Abel offered a lamb, and there have been those who have offered even their own children in the Holocaust.

Another Human sacrifices
Judges 11:30-39
Jephthah sacrifices his daughter, who is the first one out to meet him after he defeated the Ammonites.
Numbers 25:1-13
Yahweh ordered the killing of the leaders of the people as "atonement" for the sin of idolatry that had made the people of Israel with Moabite women.
1 Samuel 21:1-9
The Israelites impaled seven people as atonement for the guilt of the people of Israel, Saul had killed the Gibeonites.

(Jeremiah 7:31). . . They have built the high places of Tophet, which is in the valley of the son of Hinnom, to burn their sons and daughters in the fire, which I had not ordered and had not gone to my heart. '
So as "destroyed" to the "nations" idolatrous Canaanite Lord also ignored the unfaithful Israelites. They just received their payment by the Babylonians in 607 BCE Similarly, he tidies up with that today directly or indirectly relate to the shedding of blood of millions and millions of people through abominations like war, murder and abortion.

Yahweh takes pleasure in the sacrifices we make to spread his message of the Good news of the Kingdom.
Ex 20.22.26

@ Ola, I'm still waiting for the answer ...
Re: God's Moral Law by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:24pm On Jun 02, 2012
Ptolomeus:

@ Ola, I'm still waiting for the answer ...

There are no questions there to be answered.
Re: God's Moral Law by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:57am On Jun 03, 2012
logicboy:

Do you understand the irony of the picture? Dinosaurs debunk genesis!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/718264_20050516_gifae6c72593116c5cc890c75a5fafdf4bd

The fossils of dinosaurs after the flood of Noah infact confirms the Bible.

Re: God's Moral Law by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:34pm On Jun 04, 2012
Keeping The Law

"For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all." (James 2:10)

The law of God, centred in the Ten Commandments, is "holy, and just, and good" (Romans 7:12) and expresses perfectly the will of God for holy living. "The man that doeth them shall live in them." (Galatians 3:12).

The problem is that no man can possibly do them all. A man may keep most of the commandments most of the time, but he will inevitably fail in some of them some of the time. Since the law is a divine unit, breaking any commandment—as our text reminds us—breaks the whole law, bringing the guilty one under God’s curse of death. "Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them" (Galatians 3:10). "Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in His sight" (Romans 3:20).

All men, having sinned against God’s law, are therefore lost and in urgent need of salvation. This is where God’s wonderful grace comes in. "But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, . . . Even the righteousness . . . which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe" (Romans 3:21,22), "Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us" (Galatians 3:13). He kept the law for us, and bore its curse for us: Thus we are saved through trusting Him.

"What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid" (Romans 6:1,2). We now desire to keep His commandments, because we love Him. "For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments: and His commandments are not grievous" (1 John 5:3). We are now able to keep them, because His Spirit now lives in us, and we are "strengthened with might by His Spirit in the inner man" (Ephesians 3:16). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: God's Moral Law by Ptolomeus(m): 7:31pm On Jun 04, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

There are no questions there to be answered.

You do not know the answer. You can not reply.
You do not find any difference between the God of the Old Testament and New Testament ...
What a shame!
Re: God's Moral Law by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:22pm On Jun 05, 2012
Ptolomeus:

You do not know the answer. You can not reply.
You do not find any difference between the God of the Old Testament and New Testament ...
What a shame!

The same Bible answers your question.

"Justice and judgment are the habitation of your throne: mercy and truth shall go before your face" (Psalms 89:14).

You see that the God of the NT is the same God of the OT. God is a God of Love and is also a God of Justice. If you repent, God will have mercy and forgive you and grant you eternal life but if you reject Him you are left with the most fearful display of the wrath of God on Judgment Day.
Re: God's Moral Law by Ptolomeus(m): 10:15pm On Jun 06, 2012
OLAADEGBU: God is a God of Love and is also a God of Justice.

You read the Bible passages that I have presented in the thread?
That is a god of love? That god who sends sacrificing virgins, and children?
Come on! friend!
you're kidding ...
Re: God's Moral Law by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:41pm On Jun 07, 2012
Ptolomeus:

You read the Bible passages that I have presented in the thread?
That is a god of love? That god who sends sacrificing virgins, and children?
Come on! friend!
you're kidding ...

The Bible passages you posted did not say that God promoted human sacrifice, get your facts right. God is still a God of Love and He is also a God of Justice. He is the God of Mercy and also a God of Grace. His Justice has been visited on our Lord Jesus Christ when He was crucified on the cross bearing the penalty of our sins. That is the Mercy of God to us demonstrated. We don't have to get the Judgment we deserved.
Re: God's Moral Law by Ptolomeus(m): 5:43pm On Jun 07, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

The Bible passages you posted did not say that God promoted human sacrifice, get your facts right. God is still a God of Love and He is also a God of Justice. He is the God of Mercy and also a God of Grace. His Justice has been visited on our Lord Jesus Christ when He was crucified on the cross bearing the penalty of our sins. That is the Mercy of God to us demonstrated. We don't have to get the Judgment we deserved.

You are still unanswered.
You respond to the passages I have quoted, and show you that the biblical God did not require human sacrifices!
I have presented evidence Bible, now you respond!
Let's see if that god (you said it was love) actually did not feed on humans!
I'm still waiting, do not avoid you.
Re: God's Moral Law by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:50am On Jun 11, 2012
I believe this article puts your question in the right perspective.

God-Hardened Hearts
June 10, 2012

"For it was of the LORD to harden their hearts, that they should come against Israel in battle, that he might destroy them utterly, and that they might have no favour, but that he might destroy them, as the LORD commanded Moses" (Joshua 11:20)

One of the most bitter complaints of critics against the Bible is its portrayal of the severity of God, especially in His command to Moses to destroy all the Canaanites. "When the LORD thy God shall deliver them before thee; thou shalt smite them, and utterly destroy them" (Deuteronomy 7:2). This seems more severe than ever when we read in our text that God Himself hardened the hearts of the Canaanites so that Joshua could destroy them.

But the notion that God is merely a kindly grandfather figure is a self-serving figment of man's sinful imagination. The New Testament reminds us that "our God is a consuming fire" and "the wages of sin is death" (Hebrews 12:29; Romans 6:23), and God doesn't change. "The Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ" (2 Thessalonians 1:7-8 ).

As far as the Canaanites were concerned, God had given them 400 years to repent (Genesis 15:13-16), but each new generation had gone further away from God than the one before, and they were practicing (as archaeology has revealed) every form of debauchery known to man. It was an act of mercy by God toward all those who would come in contact with them in future generations to decree their destruction now. They had already irrevocably hardened their hearts toward God, so God now hardened their hearts against Israel. Thinking they could destroy God's people, they only hastened their well-deserved end. HMM

For more . . . .
Re: God's Moral Law by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:27pm On Jun 13, 2012
The Law Of Christ

"Bear ye one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ." (Galatians 6:2)

Although Christ has set the believer free from legalistic bondage, he is now under a still higher law—the law of Christ. It is also called "the law of the Spirit of life" which has made us "free from the law of sin and death" (Romans 8:2).

The law of Christ does not consist of many detailed ordinances which we are duty bound to obey. It is a law, rather which we want to obey, out of love for Christ. "Therefore love is the fulfilling of the law" (Romans 13:10). Paul says that "the end of the commandment is charity [that is, ‘Christian love’] out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned" (1 Timothy 1:5). James calls it "the royal law," defining it simply as: "Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself" (James 2:8 ).

Instead of a law bringing us into bondage, it is "the perfect law of liberty" (James 1:25), setting us free from slavery to sin. It not only gives us the desire to please the Lord, but also the will and the ability to do so.

It is not as though we are now without law and thereby free to indulge our carnal appetites. Paul explains his own new nature thus: "For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more . . . (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ)" (1 Corinthians 9:19,21).

In Christ, "the righteousness of God without the law is manifested," and He is "the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth" (Romans 3:21; 10:4). But though we "have been called unto liberty," Paul commands us to "use not our liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another" (Galatians 5:13). Thus, to believe in Christ is also to obey Him. HMM

For more . . . .
Re: God's Moral Law by Ptolomeus(m): 5:41pm On Jun 13, 2012
OLAADEGBU:
1. It was an act of mercy by God toward all those who would come in contact with them in future generations to decree their destruction now.

2.For it was of the LORD to harden their hearts, that they should come against Israel in battle, that he might destroy them utterly, and that they might have no favour, but that he might destroy them, as the LORD commanded Moses"

3."When the LORD thy God shall deliver them before thee; thou shalt smite them, and utterly destroy them

4. our God is a consuming fire" and "the wages of sin is death" (Hebrews 12:29; Romans 6:23), and God doesn't change. "The Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ

Dear friend Olaa:
This is just part of what you yourself have written.
I have not told me but it was you who wrote it.
That God vengeful, murderer ... demanded the sacrifice of virgins to him that encouraged adultery ... ... does not seem the same as he did preach
"love your neighbor as yourself" and "you shall not kill" ...
There is a great contradiction between that god murderer, and devastating villages, with the God of the New Testament.
Which one is the true god?
Either one is true?
Terrible contradiction ...
Re: God's Moral Law by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:09am On Jun 14, 2012
Ptolomeus:

Dear friend Olaa:
That God vengeful, murderer ... demanded the sacrifice of virgins to him that encouraged adultery ... ... does not seem the same as he did preach
There is a great contradiction between that god murderer, and devastating villages, with the God of the New Testament.
Either one is true?

You have to understand the nature of God. If you put a dried out leaf into the presence of fire would it burn it? The fire must consume the dried out leaf because of its very nature. Hebrews 12:29 describes God as a consuming fire. God's nature must consume anything that is contrary to His divine nature. This should teach us to put on the Lord Jesus Christ otherwise we would be consumed by the burning holiness of God.

To answer you question as to why God commanded the Israelites to murder those people you have to understand this verse of the Scripture.

[size=12pt][i]"[color=blue]Then the LORD
Re: God's Moral Law by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:22am On Jun 14, 2012
Ptolomeus:

Dear friend Olaa:
Either one is true?

You have to understand the nature of God. If you put a dried out leaf into the presence of fire would it burn it? The fire must consume the dried out leaf because of its very nature.

"For our God is a consuming fire" (Hebrews 12:29)

This describes God as a consuming fire. God's nature must consume anything that is contrary to His divine nature. This should teach us to put on the Lord Jesus Christ otherwise we would be consumed by the burning holiness of God.

To answer you question as to why God commanded the Israelites to murder those people you have to understand this verse of the Scripture.

"Then the LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually" (Genesis 6:5).

The Bible says that these people including us were not innocent for all have sinned against a holy and just God. God needs to judge sin and wickedness as you may want to know that murder is different from judgment. God used the Israelites to judge the people and remove the evil in the land.

Today, God judged the sin in the world by punishing His Son on the cross. God will also judge those who do not claim Jesus Christ as their Saviour and Lord. If you don't receive Jesus' free gift of forgiveness and trust Him as the only way to heaven you are putting yourself in the presense of the consuming fire of the holy God and who can stand their own stregth?
Re: God's Moral Law by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:49pm On Jun 25, 2012
It's the Law.

Re: God's Moral Law by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:28am On Jun 26, 2012
It's the Law (Continued).

Re: God's Moral Law by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:44pm On Jun 27, 2012
It's the Law!

Re: God's Moral Law by Ptolomeus(m): 6:55pm On Jun 27, 2012
God's law is very complex.
At the time the Law of God ended in the flood that wiped out all humanity (including Jews)
The Hebrews were constantly defeated by the Babylonians, the Assyrians, the army of Alexander the Great, the Romans ...
Against these kingdoms could not God's law?
In the second world war, the treatment of Jews is not consistent with the law of God.
What a story we wanted to invent?
Re: God's Moral Law by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:02pm On Jun 28, 2012
It's the Law! (Continued).

Re: God's Moral Law by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:00am On Jun 30, 2012
Ptolomeus:

God's law is very complex.
At the time the Law of God ended in the flood that wiped out all humanity (including Jews)
The Hebrews were constantly defeated by the Babylonians, the Assyrians, the army of Alexander the Great, the Romans ...
Against these kingdoms could not God's law?
In the second world war, the treatment of Jews is not consistent with the law of God.
What a story we wanted to invent?

Wait and learn the whole story, it's God's story. His story.

Re: God's Moral Law by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:01am On Jul 02, 2012
It's the Law (Conclusion).

Re: God's Moral Law by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:09am On Aug 29, 2012
God's Grace
August 29, 2012

"Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ" (Galatians 6:2).

Although Christ has set the believer free from legalistic bondage, he is now under a still higher law--the law of Christ. It is also called "the law of the Spirit of life" which has made us "free from the law of sin and death" (Romans 8:2).

The law of Christ does not consist of many detailed ordinances which we are duty bound to obey. It is a law which we want to obey out of love for Christ. "Therefore love is the fulfilling of the law" (Romans 13:10). Paul says that "the end of the commandment is charity |that is, Christian love| out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned" (1 Timothy 1:5). James calls it "the royal law," defining it simply as, "Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself" (James 2:8 ).

Instead of a law bringing us into bondage, it is "the perfect law of liberty" (James 1:25), setting us free from slavery to sin. It not only gives us the desire to please the Lord, but also the will and the ability to do so.

It is not as though we are now without law and thereby free to indulge our carnal appetites. Paul explains his own new nature thus: "For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more . . . (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ)" (1 Corinthians 9:19, 21).

In Christ, "the righteousness of God without the law is manifested," and He is "the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth" (Romans 3:21; 10:4). But though we "have been called unto liberty," Paul commands us to "use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another" (Galatians 5:13). Thus, to believe in Christ is also to obey Him. HMM

For more . . . .
Re: God's Moral Law by oiseworld: 12:58pm On Aug 29, 2012
wait ooh, has ghosen360 backslided.? Or what am i seeing?
Re: God's Moral Law by Goshen360(m): 2:54pm On Aug 29, 2012
oiseworld: wait ooh, has ghosen360 backslided.? Or what am i seeing?

shocked shocked shocked
Re: God's Moral Law by Nobody: 3:12pm On Aug 29, 2012
4. Remember to keep the Sabbath day holy
Y'all betta be in church on Sunday, and not just the Sundays when it's Mother's day, Easter and Christmas

Not really.

There is no commandment to be in church on Sunday, the bible simply says we should fellowship together which could be 2-3 days a week or even more. In many cases this fellowship was in peoples homes.

Also the Sabbath day is Saturday not Sunday, so the SDAs are correct grin

"Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day." - Colossians 2:16

It was the Pharisees that always accused Christ of doing things that should not be done on the Sabbath day, here is Jesus's reply :

"When the Pharisees saw this, they said to him, "Look! Your disciples are doing what is unlawful on the Sabbath.........For the Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath." - Matthew 12:2-8

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Atheists!!! God Loves You. / She Saw Women of God in Hell - Adelaida de Carrillo / The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.