Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,959 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

What Specifically Has Islam Contributed To Humanity As A Race. . . - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Specifically Has Islam Contributed To Humanity As A Race. . . (9883 Views)

Has Islam Been Infiltrated Or A Tool For Terrorism? / What Benefits Has Islam Brought To Nigeria? (muslims only, please) / Has Islam Benefitted Nigeria In Any Way (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Specifically Has Islam Contributed To Humanity As A Race. . . by deols(f): 9:27pm On Mar 25, 2012
mazaje:

I actually agree with some of what you have written but my objections came when you started using words like, islam came with x idea like you will find no where else or "Islam brings social justice. like you would not find elsewhere" or "how better can it be". . . .Some of what you talked about are not uniquely islamic and have been in existence before islam, others are better practiced in non muslim societies than in islamic societies. . .Saying that islam brings social justice like you will find no where is for example is simply not true. . .

like you wouldnt find elsewhere is not necessarily a show of superiority(even though I could argue unend on why it is) but of the specificity, like u asked for.

as to the other statement, 'how better can it be'. I mean that to the e. It doesn't have to be in a structured system-like u'd be looking forward to the Jaiz bank crashing. many Muslim co operative societies already adopt the Islamic principles and are doing so well in Nigeria.
Re: What Specifically Has Islam Contributed To Humanity As A Race. . . by seguun(m): 9:25am On Mar 26, 2012
mazaje:

False. . . .Dipping a fly in ethanol and running it true a filter can extract the antibiotics that needs to be chemically synthesized first not in the drink it fell inside, dropping a fly inside a drink will only contaminate the drink the more, it is an ongoing research according to the paper i read some few years ago. . .

This news paper report from the Yemenpost is very misleading and contains some misinformation. . .They report talks about a muslim laboratory technician who says that scientist generally agree that flies carry antimicrobial defenses on one of their wings. . .This statement is very false, there is no scientific research that agrees with his statements. . .

Here is the paper. . .Compare it to the sensational report in the Yemenpost and see for your self. . .

Flies do not carry diseases on their wings, they carry diseases on their legs and their saliva and one of their wings does not carry any cure. . .Dipping a fly inside a drink when it falls into it is a useless exercise. . .
Mr atheist see how you contradicted yourself, you are already concluding dipping the fly in the drink will contaminate the drink the more in one hand, and you admitted it's an ongoing research in other hand. SHOW ME THE SCIENTIFIC EXPERIMENT THAT PROVES DIPPING THE FLY IN THE DRINK WILL CONTAMINATE IT THE MORE?.
Even if we go by "on their surface" I still ask you is one flies wings situated in their belly?.
May be I should make it clearer to you. The whole point is that a fly that carry such an amount of disease also carries the cure.
The difference between the scientists and the Prophet(saw) is that the prophet mentioned where the disease and the cure is located, the scientists say it's an ongoing research but agree the fly carries antibiotic which unknown before now.
Re: What Specifically Has Islam Contributed To Humanity As A Race. . . by mazaje(m): 9:43am On Mar 26, 2012
seguun:
May be I should make it clearer to you. The whole point is that a fly that carry such an amount of disease also carries the cure.
The difference between the scientists and the Prophet(saw) is that the prophet mentioned where the disease and the cure is located, the scientists say it's an ongoing research but agree the fly carries antibiotic which unknown before now.

The prophet we are told said flies carry diseases on one of their wings, that is not true because flies do not carry diseases on their wings but on their foot and in their saliva. . .He said the cure is to be found on one of the wings. . .That is also not true because according to the research the antibiotics are not to be found on one of the wings, but in the gut of the fly and on its surface he also said that the cure can be obtained by re-immersing the fly into the drink, which is also false, will you continue ingesting your drink after a fly falls into it? Will you re-immerse the fly inside your drink and take it as a cure for your disease?. . .The way the antibiotics can be found is by dropping the fly into ethanol, filtering the antibiotic and synthesizing it. . .Re-immersing a fly into your drink when it falls inside it is a useless exercise. . .
Re: What Specifically Has Islam Contributed To Humanity As A Race. . . by seguun(m): 10:03am On Mar 26, 2012
mazaje:

The prophet we are told said flies carry diseases on one of their wings, that is not true because flies do not carry diseases on their wings but on their foot and in their saliva. . .He said the cure is to be found on one of the wings. . .That is also not true because according to the research the antibiotics are not to be found on one of the wings, but in the gut of the fly and on its surface he also said that the cure can be obtained by re-immersing the fly into the drink, which is also false, will you continue ingesting your drink after a fly falls into it? Will you re-immerse the fly inside your drink and take it as a cure for your disease?. . .The way the antibiotics can be found is by dropping the fly into ethanol, filtering the antibiotic and synthesizing it. . .Re-immersing a fly into your drink when it falls inside it is a useless exercise. . .
Please check my modified post and answer my question.
Re: What Specifically Has Islam Contributed To Humanity As A Race. . . by seguun(m): 10:18am On Mar 26, 2012
LagosShia:

brother,dont waste your time defending "sahih bukhari" and this or that book if it is not the holy Quran.to muslims,only the Quran is the infallible word of God.there are many pathetic hadiths here and there.there is no harm in accepting the reality that there are true hadiths that we accept and fabricated ones we reject.that is the reality of hadiths.

it will do no harm by exposing men as fallible and liars.trying to defend the indefensible to protect the honor of men (who are neither prophets nor infallible) is where we could fall back and hold Islam to ransom.
Brother, i don't think there was anytime we had a discussion and i told you there is no fabricated hadith, my point is this particular tradition of the prophet is authentic.
All the same, salam alaikum!
Re: What Specifically Has Islam Contributed To Humanity As A Race. . . by LagosShia: 10:49am On Mar 26, 2012
seguun:
Brother, i don't think there was anytime we had a discussion and i told you there is no fabricated hadith, my point is this particular tradition of the prophet is authentic.
All the same, salam alaikum!

i would stop short of asking for reasons or evidence why you think this hadith is authentic.let me just say Wa Alaikum Assalam.whether it is authentic or not,have no bearing on me.the non-believers do what they do best:mockery!
Re: What Specifically Has Islam Contributed To Humanity As A Race. . . by mazaje(m): 11:06am On Mar 26, 2012
seguun:
Mr atheist see how you contradicted yourself, you are already concluding dipping the fly in the drink will contaminate the drink the more in one hand, and you admitted it's an ongoing research in other hand. SHOW ME THE SCIENTIFIC EXPERIMENT THAT PROVES DIPPING THE FLY IN THE DRINK WILL CONTAMINATE IT THE MORE?.

This is simple logic, on average a fly carries about 6 million bacteria on its legs. . .When a fly falls into your drink the bacteria gets into your drink as well when you immerse the fly into your drink. .

Even if we go by "on their surface" I still ask you is one flies wings situated in their belly?

There is a difference between the wings of the fly and its body surface IMO. . .

Not really, the prophet says that flies carry diseases on one of their wings and cure on the other. . .That is not true because flies carry diseases on their legs and in their saliva and not on their wings. . .The antibiotics can be found both in the guts of flies and on their surface. . .That is very different from what the prophet says. . .How exactly does dipping a fly into your drink provide a cure to anything as the prophet said?. . .
Re: What Specifically Has Islam Contributed To Humanity As A Race. . . by seguun(m): 11:51am On Mar 26, 2012
mazaje:

This is simple logic, on average a fly carries about 6 million bacteria on its legs. . .When a fly falls into your drink the bacteria gets into your drink as well when you immerse the fly into your drink. .

There is a difference between the wings of the fly and its body surface IMO. . .

Not really, the prophet says that flies carry diseases on one of their wings and cure on the other. . .That is not true because flies carry diseases on their legs and in their saliva and not on their wings. . .The antibiotics can be found both in the guts of flies and on their surface. . .That is very different from what the prophet says. . .How exactly does dipping a fly into your drink provide a cure to anything as the prophet said?. . .
Oh i see! SIMPLE LOGIC indeed!! so your simple logic tells you the diseases on the fly manifest in the drink but does not tell you the antibiotics will also manifest in the drink. Just at least be SINCERE!
In your opinion you've concluded the fly's wings are not on its surface, I continue to ask you, are they situated in its belly?
Yourself admitted it's an on going research yet you keep on jumping to conclusion. Na wa o!
Re: What Specifically Has Islam Contributed To Humanity As A Race. . . by mazaje(m): 1:40pm On Mar 26, 2012
seguun:
Oh i see! SIMPLE LOGIC indeed!! so your simple logic tells you the diseases on the fly manifest in the drink but does not tell you the antibiotics will also manifest in the drink. Just at least be SINCERE!
In your opinion you've concluded the fly's wings are not on its surface, I continue to ask you, are they situated in its belly?
Yourself admitted it's an on going research yet you keep on jumping to conclusion. Na wa o!

No, normally a fly carries diseases on its legs and in its saliva, it also carries antibiotics in its gut and on its body surface that protects it from the harmful bacteria it carries about or in where it feeds since it normally feeds in bacteria filled environment. . .The antibiotic is carries on its body can only be extracted using ethanol and chemically synthesized first before it can be used, it is not helpful to the human in its natural form. it has to be extracted and chemically synthesized and made useful before it can be used according to the research. . .So NO, it will not manifest in the drink but the millions of bacteria in the fly's saliva and legs will contaminate the drink it falls into. . .The wing is situated on the surface but the antibiotic is NOT to be found on one wing of the fly. .It is to be found on its surface and it has to be chemically extracted and synthesized to be of any use to humans which is a process. . .Re-immersing a fly into your drink when it falls into it is a harmful exercise. . .
Re: What Specifically Has Islam Contributed To Humanity As A Race. . . by vedaxcool(m): 3:17pm On Mar 26, 2012
mazaje:

How did you discredit the atheist?. . .

Playing dumb? are we? though its is hard to extinguish, find your answer here https://www.nairaland.com/896824/what-atheism-contributed-humanity#10432405

mazaje:
Allah guides humanity, really?. . .You are a kafir according to another man's religion, so what exactly are you saying?. . .

Allah gives guidiance . . . Don't know what you are yapping about . . .

mazaje:
Really?. . . .If this LIE were true then we would expect islamic countries to be less violent that non islamic countries, we would expect the standard or living of islamic countries to be higher than non islamic countries, we would expect to see egalitarian muslim societies, we will expect islamic countries to have the lowest income disparities among its citizens. . .But when we drop vexdacool's LIES and look around what do we find? We find that islamic countries are the most violent countries in the world(Somalia, Afghanistan,Pakistan, Syria, Yemen,Iraq, Libya), Even in our own Nigeria, the muslim north remains the most violent and under developed part of the country. . . .So where is the elusive peace that islam has brought?. . .If vexdacool has any idea of what he is saying you would expect islamic countries to be egalitarian, have the lowest income disparity, highest standard of living and rank the highest based on human development index. . .Where is the unity that vexdacool is talking about when we know that islam only reduces its followers to brainless hate mongers. . . . Hate is the essence of this religion. . . hate of the non-believers(you even used that word kafir, which is a derogatory term that means denier of truth), hate of the believers who interpret Islam differently, hate of those who leave Islam, hate of women, hate of homosexuals, hate of freethinkers, hate of the Jews, and the list goes on. . . .So where is the elusive peace that islam has brought to the world?. . .Even a mad man can not put islam and peace in the same sentence. . .Where is the peace between the waring shites and sunnis in the world today that islam has brought?. . . grin. . .I laugh in arabic, try another lie pls, this one is a very big fail. . .

the laughter of a confused mind is merely derilium to the sane, have you ever bothere reading within the context of what I wrote, or are always this confused? ehh! Mr. i got a million dollar in my account? lumping my response to make your usual illiterate case is not baffling Firts let me quote what I wrote and see if the confused mind can read between the lines:

Without much ado, Islam contribution to mankind is what I call the Great Transformation, the arabs were a coarce race who sacrifice their female daughter for no reasons, Islam brought an unceremonious end to such practice. (<<<<<Point number 1) That is just one. Islam brought to the arabs an egalitarian society and abolished class war, it re - emphasis the equality of all, the rich, the poor, the black, the white etc. (<<<Point nmber 2) Again we see the Great Transformation, united the warring factions of the arabs, take medinah for example, the major clans there ended their centuary old strife on the emigration of the prophet pbuh, the prophet pbuh brought an acceptable solution to their troubles. Again Islam did not stop there, the whole of arabia became one united group as a result of Islam. (<<<< Point number 3) We again talk of the abolishment of unhelpful practices such as the alcohol consumption, gambling etc .

Point number one is clear the arabs sacrificed their duaghters for superstitiops rasons, Islam brought an end to that.
Point Number 2 Islam ablosihed class war ansd emphasis the equality of all.
Point 3 before the advent of Islam, the arabs were in serious strife, Prophet Muhammad pbuh ended all this by inter clan war, this again only came about due to Islam.

which leaves us with the question, What were you really replying? Again we see our ignorant atheist was answering questions that were never asked and answers never sorted for

mazaje:
So muslims don't drink and gamble?. .What is this deluded man saying?. . . grin

Your Scaricty of common sense can not be attributed to me, as common knwoldge knows the practice of gambling and achohol intake are bad practice, Islam overruled such practice and till date Muslims remain the largest community of non - achoholics and Gamblers! Do you understand what questions are being answered or you are being suicidal as your atheist colleageues are?

mazaje:
You have not provided any evidence to show that atheist commit more suicides than muslims. . .Firstly people have been praying long before mohammed and his cronies invented islam. . .How has the muslim 5 daily prayers contributed anything to humanity?. . .Where is the evidence that muslims that pray 5 tines daily are better protected from harm and misfortune for example than non muslims that do not pray 5 times daily to Allah?. . . .

Dullard! where did I say Muslims who pray 5 times a day are better protected? Did the arabs pray as muslims pray before Islam? or did any one for that matter prayed as muslims pray? where did I write that muslims invented prayer? You are digrace to common sense . . .

Islam the light which Allah perfects again encouraged charity, thereby promoting compassion and kindness. (<<< Point 4) Many medicine practitioners have spoken well on how Fasting helps the health of those that practice it. Again Islam brought a consistent practice of this Fasting to its adherents, again it is during this practice that the muslims also nourishes his soul.(<<< Point 5) A[b]gain we see prayers the muslim engange in, 5 times a day we pray, the benefit are immense as troubled souls are able to have a sense of peace and tranquility that allows them to undergo very difficult situation with committing suicide as most atheist would.[/b]( <<< Point 6)

See how the deluded atheist skips the salient points written then rushed to mis-interprete what I wrote, you again showed you suffer serious moral degradation and you are highly dishonest! my points are clear Muslims that pray feel tranquility and peace. I waiting to see you delusions misinterprete what I wrote, Did I say I have discredited you atheists. . .
mazaje:
Islam attacks racism? Really?. . .The only country that still practices slavery is Mauritania, a majority muslim nation. . .If islam has contributed to reducing racism then you would expect black and whites to coexist freely and equally in arab nations, but that is not the case. . .racism is still alive in arabia. . .

Now to the gravely ignorant atheist Slavery and racism are one and the same thing, but again in his typical disregard for the truth and honesty and his fanatical clinging on ill logics took my points out of context and again showed ill reasoning, your argument is about what really? That Islam does not attack racism? please explain your use of . . . is your $tupid ploy to enable you change your position once your argument has been exposed as being barely ration nor sane? I ask again are you claiming Islam does not attack racism? cause my point is clearly expressed that Islam promotes bortherminess amongst people and attacks the root of racism, some thing that was hardly done by previous religion . . .

mazaje:
And the research of the muslims helped in creating or inventing what precisely?. . .I will just list a few things that the research of non muslims has contributed and helped mankind with. . .Electricity, light bulb, cars, airplanes, telephone, television, drugs like aspirin, guns, tooth brush, tooth paste just to mention a few. . .Name one scientific invention that was made by the muslims that benefited the whole of humanity like electricity for example. .Just one. . .The greatest scientist of all time both in the past and present are non muslims so what the heck is this deluded slave of Allah saying?. . . grin grin

I woulkd have replied but this point has been addressed by my muslims brothers, but this again shows your illogical atitude after being answerted mazaje made this statement to show he is not only a liar but lacking any sign of being reasonable, see what mazaje wrote when shown proof of muslim inventions:

[b]You need to know that there is a very BIG difference between islamic contribution and the contribution of muslims. . . .I asked for the contributions of islam. . .Let me give you examples of islamic contributions, most of you have been just running around chasing shadows. . .The islamic laws of inheritance is an islamic contribution. . .Jihad is an islamic contribution. . .Coffee is not an islamic contribution. . .Sweet orange fruit was first cultivated in china does that mean its a contribution of buddhism?. . .Is Newtown's law of motion a contribution of christianity? What about the Mendel's law of hereditary? Is the airplane a christian contribution?. . .What about cars and cameras?. . . Hospitals are not islamic contributions just as aspirins and chloro-quine and not christian inventions or contributions. . .Non of what the writer wrote is an islamic contribution, muslim contribution, yes but islamic contribution, no. . .As for science the greatest scientist that ever lived and the greatest scientist alive today are all non muslims. . .So don't even go there. . .[/b][/quote]

Isn't this the most confused mind ever? Is this thinking a product of Insanity commonly associated with atheism . . .? what sort of man keeps changing the goal post . . .

mazaje:
Another lie, here is a list of the 10 cleanest cities in the world,(http://www.rediff.com/business/slide-show/slide-show-1-worlds-10-cleanest-cities/20110325.htm) no islamic city appears in the list. . .When it comes to personal hygiene muslims can not claim to lay monopoly on that. . .

Another foolish response, Here is what I wrote:

So much to say, again in personal hygine Islam promoted clean and healthy living amongst its adherents, take for example using the conveince, muslims are required to wash off impurities from their bodies this we know elements filthiness which are a bases for diseases.

where the write Muslims cities are amongst the 10 most cleanest? so what exactly is the deluded slave of godlesnes saying?
Re: What Specifically Has Islam Contributed To Humanity As A Race. . . by seguun(m): 3:54pm On Mar 26, 2012
mazaje:

No, normally a fly carries diseases on its legs and in its saliva, it also carries antibiotics in its gut and on its body surface that protects it from the harmful bacteria it carries about or in where it feeds since it normally feeds in bacteria filled environment. . .The antibiotic is carries on its body can only be extracted using ethanol and chemically synthesized first before it can be used, it is not helpful to the human in its natural form. it has to be extracted and chemically synthesized and made useful before it can be used according to the research. . .So NO, it will not manifest in the drink but the millions of bacteria in the fly's saliva and legs will contaminate the drink it falls into. . .The wing is situated on the surface but the antibiotic is NOT to be found on one wing of the fly. .It is to be found on its surface and it has to be chemically extracted and synthesized to be of any use to humans which is a process. . .Re-immersing a fly into your drink when it falls into it is a harmful exercise. . .
The scientists extracting the antibiotics using ethanol does not mean there will be absence of antibiotics in the drink the fly is dipped into. That is why I asked you to provide us with any scientific experiment that proves the drink contaminates more.
The extracting and synthesising is only to make it easy to study in the lab. They are trying to know how the antibiotics can be used to treat other human health problems.
If you don't mind, show me where in the report did the scientists say there will be absence of antibiotics in any other liquid apart from ethanol?
Re: What Specifically Has Islam Contributed To Humanity As A Race. . . by mazaje(m): 5:13pm On Mar 26, 2012
seguun:
The scientists extracting the antibiotics using ethanol does not mean there will be absence of antibiotics in the drink the fly is dipped into. That is why I asked you to provide us with any scientific experiment that proves the drink contaminates more.

It seems you do not understand what the research is all about. . .The research is about finding antibiotics in and on flies based on the fact that they carry bacteria all over them but the bacteria do not harm them. . .The antibiotic they carry has to first extracted by ethanol, filtered and synthesized before it can be of any use. . .When a fly falls into a drink the millions of bacteria in its legs and saliva will contaminate the drink. . .The antibiotic is for the protection of the fly.

The extracting and synthesising is only to make it easy to study in the lab. They are trying to know how the antibiotics can be used to treat other human health problems.
If you don't mind, show me where in the report did the scientists say there will be absence of antibiotics in any other liquid apart from ethanol?

How then does this support your prophet's assertion that dipping a fly that falls in a person's drink will provide cure for the disease it carries? The antibiotic is for the protection of the fly and will have to be removed using special chemicals like ethanol, when it is removed it has to be filtered and synthesized before if can be used . . .Are you saying that just re-immersing a the fly that falls into you water or coca cola will remove the antibiotic and provide cure for cholera for example? If that is the case why are people not immersing flies into water and drinking the water as a cure for diseases like cholera?
Re: What Specifically Has Islam Contributed To Humanity As A Race. . . by seguun(m): 6:41pm On Mar 26, 2012
mazaje:

It seems you do not understand what the research is all about. . .The research is about finding antibiotics in and on flies based on the fact that they carry bacteria all over them but the bacteria do not harm them. . .The antibiotic they carry has to first extracted by ethanol, filtered and synthesized before it can be of any use. . .When a fly falls into a drink the millions of bacteria in its legs and saliva will contaminate the drink. . .The antibiotic is for the protection of the fly.

How then does this support your prophet's assertion that dipping a fly that falls in a person's drink will provide cure for the disease it carries? The antibiotic is for the protection of the fly and will have to be removed using special chemicals like ethanol, when it is removed it has to be filtered and synthesized before if can be used . . .Are you saying that just re-immersing a the fly that falls into you water or coca cola will remove the antibiotic and provide cure for cholera for example? If that is the case why are people not immersing flies into water and drinking the water as a cure for diseases like cholera?
Oga! it is you that don't seem to understand the report of the research, in a simple way, it is the presence of the antibiotics on the fly's surface that makes the diseases harmless to the fly. So, if the fly falls into some liquid and its cells saturates in the liquid, definitely both the diseases and the antibiotics will be released in the liquid thereby, making the diseases harmless in the liquid. My point is, if the antibiotics is present in the liquid, it will definitely make the diseases harmless unless you can prove the absence of antibiotics in the drink in which a fly has been dipped.
Mr atheist! stop being mischievous!! when did i say somebody who has cholera already should dip a fly in his water and drink to cure cholera?
Re: What Specifically Has Islam Contributed To Humanity As A Race. . . by mazaje(m): 8:33pm On Mar 26, 2012
seguun:
Oga! it is you that don't seem to understand the report of the research, in a simple way, it is the presence of the antibiotics on the fly's surface that makes the diseases harmless to the fly. So, if the fly falls into some liquid and its cells saturates in the liquid, definitely both the diseases and the antibiotics will be released in the liquid thereby, making the diseases harmless in the liquid. My point is, if the antibiotics is present in the liquid, it will definitely make the diseases harmless unless you can prove the absence of antibiotics in the drink in which a fly has been dipped.
Mr atheist! stop being mischievous!! when did i say somebody who has cholera already should dip a fly in his water and drink to cure cholera?

NO, the antibiotic on the surface of the fly will not be released into the liquid, if it will the research will not talk about using ethanol to extract the antibiotic from the surface of the fly. . .Read about antibiotics and how they are extracted so that you will have a better understanding. . .Are you saying that simply dipping a fly in water for example will release the antibiotic found on its surface inside the water?. . .If that is what you are saying then it is false. . .Dipping a fly in water will not make the antibiotic on its surface to be released into the water. . .
Re: What Specifically Has Islam Contributed To Humanity As A Race. . . by seguun(m): 9:33pm On Mar 26, 2012
mazaje:

NO, the antibiotic on the surface of the fly will not be released into the liquid, if it will the research will not talk about using ethanol to extract the antibiotic from the surface of the fly. . .Read about antibiotics and how they are extracted so that you will have a better understanding. . .Are you saying that simply dipping a fly in water for example will release the antibiotic found on its surface inside the water?. . .If that is what you are saying then it is false. . .Dipping a fly in water will not make the antibiotic on its surface to be released into the water. . .
I expected you to at least provide me with a prove from an experiment that shows the absence of antibiotics in a drink in which a fly has been dipped, all you have to say is to make a conclusion from your own words.
You've concluded on yourself the reason the scientists used ethanol was because the antibiotics cannot be released in any other liquid, this the report never claimed.
And don't try to generalise by asking me to read about how antibiotics is extracted. The DNA of a fly is different from that of a tiger, i said this because we are dealing with flies specifically.
Re: What Specifically Has Islam Contributed To Humanity As A Race. . . by mazaje(m): 2:52am On Mar 27, 2012
seguun:
I expected you to at least provide me with a prove from an experiment that shows the absence of antibiotics in a drink in which a fly has been dipped, all you have to say is to make a conclusion from your own words.
You've concluded on yourself the reason the scientists used ethanol was because the antibiotics cannot be released in any other liquid, this the report never claimed.
And don't try to generalise by asking me to read about how antibiotics is extracted. The DNA of a fly is different from that of a tiger, i said this because we are dealing with flies specifically.

The report has nothing to say about a fly falling into a drink. . .It only talks about how antibiotics are extracted from the surface of flies by using ethanol and a filter. . .Are you saying that if a fly falls into a cup of water it will release antibiotic into the water?. . .is that what you are saying?. . .
Re: What Specifically Has Islam Contributed To Humanity As A Race. . . by deols(f): 7:28am On Mar 27, 2012
mazaje:

you keep arguing without stating a fact. State the research claiming this to be wrong and there may be an end to the discussion. Science is based on facts. No scientist would associate with your 'supposed logic'

and btw, why did they move this to the Muslim section. Thought there was a request against that.
Re: What Specifically Has Islam Contributed To Humanity As A Race. . . by seguun(m): 9:18am On Mar 27, 2012
mazaje:

The report has nothing to say about a fly falling into a drink. . .It only talks about how antibiotics are extracted from the surface of flies by using ethanol and a filter. . .Are you saying that if a fly falls into a cup of water it will release antibiotic into the water?. . .is that what you are saying?. . .
The usage of ethanol and filter is to enable the scientists to extract the antibiotics specifically for study (how it can be used to solve other human health problems like heart disease for instance)...this does not mean antibiotics is absent in the liquid a fly is dipped into. The liquid in which a fly has been dipped contains various properties including the pathogens (diseases) and the antidotes (antibiotics) and this is not what the scientists want.
If a fly is drowned by been dipped in a liquid, its cells bursts releasing it contents including the antibiotics. Now, prove me wrong by providing your CONCRETE PROVE!
And there is a big difference between DIPPING into water and FALLING into water.
Re: What Specifically Has Islam Contributed To Humanity As A Race. . . by seguun(m): 9:24am On Mar 27, 2012
deols:

you keep arguing without stating a fact. State the research claiming this to be wrong and there may be an end to the discussion. Science is based on facts. No scientist would associate with your 'supposed logic'

and btw, why did they move this to the Muslim section. Thought there was a request against that.
Salam alaikum sister! Scientific prove is all what i ask from him.
Re: What Specifically Has Islam Contributed To Humanity As A Race. . . by deols(f): 1:51pm On Mar 27, 2012
seguun:
Salam alaikum sister! Scientific prove is all what i ask from him.

wa alaykum salam. I dont like it when pple are trying too hard not to lose arguments. It isnt like any1's going to beat him up for that.
Re: What Specifically Has Islam Contributed To Humanity As A Race. . . by vedaxcool(m): 1:53pm On Mar 27, 2012
Funny they moved the thread here, after mazaje backers bent the rule, they saw the thread that was meant to attack Islam turned out to be a Source of elevation of Islam and headache for mazaje! Hence they quickly moved it to the Islam section to limit the damage grin We ask now that mazaje has been shown the unlimited benefits of Islam what next?
Re: What Specifically Has Islam Contributed To Humanity As A Race. . . by deols(f): 3:43pm On Mar 27, 2012
vedaxcool: Funny they moved the thread here, after mazaje backers bent the rule, they saw the thread that was meant to attack Islam turned out to be a Source of elevation of Islam and headache for mazaje! Hence they quickly moved it to the Islam section to limit the damage grin We ask now that mazaje has been shown the unlimited benefits of Islam what next?

I felt the same way. too bad
Re: What Specifically Has Islam Contributed To Humanity As A Race. . . by Nobody: 6:56am On Mar 28, 2012
seguun:
The usage of ethanol and filter is to enable the scientists to extract the antibiotics specifically for study (how it can be used to solve other human health problems like heart disease for instance)...

antibiotics used to cure heart disease? huh? Where do these anti-intellectual empty heads spring from? shocked

seguun:
this does not mean antibiotics is absent in the liquid a fly is dipped into. The liquid in which a fly has been dipped contains various properties including the pathogens (diseases) and the antidotes (antibiotics) and this is not what the scientists want.
If a fly is drowned by been dipped in a liquid, its cells bursts releasing it contents including the antibiotics. Now, prove me wrong by providing your CONCRETE PROVE!

huh? shocked

seguun:
And there is a big difference between DIPPING into water and FALLING into water.

Like the "difference" between 6 and half a dozen? undecided

Islam does make muslims pretty stup[i]i[/i]d i tell you.
Re: What Specifically Has Islam Contributed To Humanity As A Race. . . by Nobody: 7:01am On Mar 28, 2012
deols:

What "facts" where you looking for? I thought Mazaje's post contained a ton of FACTS that are easily obtainable in any secondary school biology textbooks. From his post:

Fact 1 - No, normally a fly carries diseases on its legs and in its saliva,

Fact 2 - it also carries antibiotics in its gut and on its body surface that protects it from the harmful bacteria it carries about or in where it feeds since it normally feeds in bacteria filled environment. . .

Fact 3 - The antibiotic is carries on its body can only be extracted using ethanol and chemically synthesized first before it can be used, it is not helpful to the human in its natural form. it has to be extracted and chemically synthesized and made useful before it can be used according to the research. . .

Fact 4 - So NO, it will not manifest in the drink but the millions of bacteria in the fly's saliva and legs will contaminate the drink it falls into. .

So how come you are whining that he is not stating "facts"? What "facts" where you expecting?
Re: What Specifically Has Islam Contributed To Humanity As A Race. . . by Nobody: 7:13am On Mar 28, 2012
Ah there we go - what passes for medical research in islamic universities - http://abdurrahman.org/health/TheHadeethontheFly.pdf

Aha our muslim scholars have solved the scientific riddle of antibiotics on the fly! All hail Allah! grin
Re: What Specifically Has Islam Contributed To Humanity As A Race. . . by Miroslavklose: 9:15am On Mar 28, 2012
deols:

hmmmmmmm

Salam alaikum
Re: What Specifically Has Islam Contributed To Humanity As A Race. . . by mazaje(m): 12:28pm On Mar 28, 2012
vedaxcool: Funny they moved the thread here, after mazaje backers bent the rule, they saw the thread that was meant to attack Islam turned out to be a Source of elevation of Islam and headache for mazaje! Hence they quickly moved it to the Islam section to limit the damage grin We ask now that mazaje has been shown the unlimited benefits of Islam what next?

Pls how has this thread helped in elevating islam?. . . grin grin. . .By stating that a house fly carries disease in one of its wings and a cure in the other?. . Is this myth that the elevation of islam?. . . grin grin. . .Or is it the lie that Islam has brought peace to the world and egalitarianism when islamic nations remain the most violent, intolerant and most despotic countries in the world. . .I laugh in arabic. . .
Re: What Specifically Has Islam Contributed To Humanity As A Race. . . by mazaje(m): 12:33pm On Mar 28, 2012
deols:

I have stated the facts with regards to the research and it does NOT agree with what was said by the prohet, the prophet says that a fly carries disease on one of its wings and a cure on the other wing, that is FALSE, flies carry diseases on their legs and in their saliva not their wings. . .The antibiotic the fly carries are found inside its gut and on its surface not on one of its wings. . .So where is the fact that supports your prophets ridiculous claims of flies carrying disease and cure on their wings? . . .
Re: What Specifically Has Islam Contributed To Humanity As A Race. . . by vedaxcool(m): 6:06pm On Mar 28, 2012
mazaje:

Pls how has this thread helped in elevating islam?. . . grin grin. . .By stating that a house fly carries disease in one of its wings and a cure in the other?. . Is this myth that the elevation of islam?. . . grin grin. . .Or is it the lie that Islam has brought peace to the world and egalitarianism when islamic nations remain the most violent, intolerant and most despotic countries in the world. . .I laugh in arabic. . .

I have heard of tears of Joy not laughter of defeat! gringringrin
Re: What Specifically Has Islam Contributed To Humanity As A Race. . . by mazaje(m): 7:57pm On Mar 28, 2012
vedaxcool:

Playing dumb? are we? though its is hard to extinguish, find your answer here https://www.nairaland.com/896824/what-atheism-contributed-humanity#10432405[

I din't see you make any sensible contribution there. . .

Allah gives guidiance . . . Don't know what you are yapping about . . .

Hitting you head and reaping thing some myth or superstitious belief will not make me accept it. . .Evidence to show that those that claim this elusive guidence of Allah are better than those that do not is what?. . .

the laughter of a confused mind is merely derilium to the sane, have you ever bothere reading within the context of what I wrote, or are always this confused? ehh! Mr. i got a million dollar in my account? lumping my response to make your usual illiterate case is not baffling Firts let me quote what I wrote and see if the confused mind can read between the lines:

Without much ado, Islam contribution to mankind is what I call the Great Transformation, the arabs were a coarce race who sacrifice their female daughter for no reasons, Islam brought an unceremonious end to such practice. (<<<<<Point number 1) That is just one. Islam brought to the arabs an egalitarian society and abolished class war, it re - emphasis the equality of all, the rich, the poor, the black, the white etc. (<<<Point nmber 2) Again we see the Great Transformation, united the warring factions of the arabs, take medinah for example, the major clans there ended their centuary old strife on the emigration of the prophet pbuh, the prophet pbuh brought an acceptable solution to their troubles. Again Islam did not stop there, the whole of arabia became one united group as a result of Islam. (<<<< Point number 3) We again talk of the abolishment of unhelpful practices such as the alcohol consumption, gambling etc .

[quote]Point number one is clear the arabs sacrificed their duaghters for superstitiops rasons, Islam brought an end to that.

Firstly, I am yet to see any historical account of this claim of yours, secondly if that assertion is true then replaced it with war and strife, killing of infidels, killing of apostates, beheading of criminals, amputation of thieves, stoning to death for adultery etc. . .Which are also all based on the superstitious belief in Islam. . .

Point Number 2 Islam ablosihed class war ansd emphasis the equality of all.

And this can be found in which islamic society. . .

Point 3 before the advent of Islam, the arabs were in serious strife, Prophet Muhammad pbuh ended all this by inter clan war, this again only came about due to Islam.

Really, Syria, Iraq, Somalia, Sudan, Palestine(hams and fatah) Yemen to list a few arab are not in serious strife?. . .Islam has not ended any strife in the Arab world since the arab world today remains one of the most violent regions of the world. . . .

which leaves us with the question, What were you really replying? Again we see our ignorant atheist was answering questions that were never asked and answers never sorted for

I was replying your post. . .

Your Scaricty of common sense can not be attributed to me, as common knwoldge knows the practice of gambling and achohol intake are bad practice, Islam overruled such practice and till date Muslims remain the largest community of non - achoholics and Gamblers! Do you understand what questions are being answered or you are being suicidal as your atheist colleageues are?

OK. . . .

Islam the light which Allah perfects again encouraged charity, thereby promoting compassion and kindness. (<<< Point 4) Many medicine practitioners have spoken well on how Fasting helps the health of those that practice it. Again Islam brought a consistent practice of this Fasting to its adherents, again it is during this practice that the muslims also nourishes his soul.(<<< Point 5) A[b]gain we see prayers the muslim engange in, 5 times a day we pray, the benefit are immense as troubled souls are able to have a sense of peace and tranquility that allows them to undergo very difficult situation with committing suicide as most atheist would.[/b]( <<< Point 6)

The actual benefit of fasting to the human body remains a controversy, while some doctors point to its advantages others have listed or pointed to its disadvantages. . . .Prayer gives a sense of peace and tranquility?. . .And the evidence for that is what?. . .That is why I asked you to provide the evidence that shows muslims that pray have more peace and tranquility than non muslims that do not pray. . .

See how the deluded atheist skips the salient points written then rushed to mis-interprete what I wrote, you again showed you suffer serious moral degradation and you are highly dishonest! my points are clear Muslims that pray feel tranquility and peace. I waiting to see you delusions misinterprete what I wrote, Did I say I have discredited you atheists. . .

Atheist that do not pray also feel peace and trnaqulity. . . .

Now to the gravely ignorant atheist Slavery and racism are one and the same thing, but again in his typical disregard for the truth and honesty and his fanatical clinging on ill logics took my points out of context and again showed ill reasoning, your argument is about what really? That Islam does not attack racism? please explain your use of . . . is your $tupid ploy to enable you change your position once your argument has been exposed as being barely ration nor sane? I ask again are you claiming Islam does not attack racism? cause my point is clearly expressed that Islam promotes bortherminess amongst people and attacks the root of racism, some thing that was hardly done by previous religion . . .

Islam attacks racism, so? Every religion attacks racism so what exactly are you on about here?. . .

I woulkd have replied but this point has been addressed by my muslims brothers, but this again shows your illogical atitude after being answerted mazaje made this statement to show he is not only a liar but lacking any sign of being reasonable, see what mazaje wrote when shown proof of muslim inventions:

[b]You need to know that there is a very BIG difference between islamic contribution and the contribution of muslims. . . .I asked for the contributions of islam. . .Let me give you examples of islamic contributions, most of you have been just running around chasing shadows. . .The islamic laws of inheritance is an islamic contribution. . .Jihad is an islamic contribution. . .Coffee is not an islamic contribution. . .Sweet orange fruit was first cultivated in china does that mean its a contribution of buddhism?. . .Is Newtown's law of motion a contribution of christianity? What about the Mendel's law of hereditary? Is the airplane a christian contribution?. . .What about cars and cameras?. . . Hospitals are not islamic contributions just as aspirins and chloro-quine and not christian inventions or contributions. . .Non of what the writer wrote is an islamic contribution, muslim contribution, yes but islamic contribution, no. . .As for science the greatest scientist that ever lived and the greatest scientist alive today are all non muslims. . .So don't even go there. . .[/b]

Isn't this the most confused mind ever? Is this thinking a product of Insanity commonly associated with atheism . . .? what sort of man keeps changing the goal post . . .

Coming from the same fo[i]o[/i]l that berated Seun for saying that nairaland is a product of atheism. . .Is the car the product of christianity?. . .What about orange. cos I saw your man listing coffe as a product of islamic contribution to science. . .So christian inventions are a contribution of christianity right?. . .You are a senseless joke. . . grin grin. . .

So much to say, again in personal hygine Islam promoted clean and healthy living amongst its adherents, take for example using the conveince, muslims are required to wash off impurities from their bodies this we know elements filthiness which are a bases for diseases.

where the write Muslims cities are amongst the 10 most cleanest? so what exactly is the deluded slave of godlesnes saying?

Is islam the only religion that calls for clean and healthy living amongst its adherents?. . .Remember the OP asked for contributions that are uniquely islamic. . .
Re: What Specifically Has Islam Contributed To Humanity As A Race. . . by seguun(m): 10:40am On Mar 29, 2012
davidylan:

What "facts" where you looking for? I thought Mazaje's post contained a ton of FACTS that are easily obtainable in any secondary school biology textbooks. From his post:

Fact 1 - No, normally a fly carries diseases on its legs and in its saliva,

Fact 2 - it also carries antibiotics in its gut and on its body surface that protects it from the harmful bacteria it carries about or in where it feeds since it normally feeds in bacteria filled environment. . .

Fact 3 - The antibiotic is carries on its body can only be extracted using ethanol and chemically synthesized first before it can be used, it is not helpful to the human in its natural form. it has to be extracted and chemically synthesized and made useful before it can be used according to the research. . .

Fact 4 - So NO, it will not manifest in the drink but the millions of bacteria in the fly's saliva and legs will contaminate the drink it falls into. .

So how come you are whining that he is not stating "facts"? What "facts" where you expecting?
As for your FACT - 1, does he have any prove that flies don't carry diseases on any other part of their body except on their legs and their saliva?, considering the fact that there is an ongoing research on fly.
The FACT 2 actually confirmed the hadith but what mazaje was disputing is where the antibiotics was situated,the hadith mentioned the wing, the scientists mentioned the surface, so i asked him "is one of a fly's wing situated in its belly?"
What he said in your so called FACT 3 i have explained, the scientists only extracted the antibiotics using ethanol and filter because they needed to study the antibiotics specifically. Are you saying antibiotics will be absent in any other liquid a fly is dipped into apart from ethanol?, if antibiotics will be present, it will surely make the diseases harmless. Is he saying the diseases having been made harmless by the antibiotics in the drink, the drink is still not safe for human consumption? If so, let him bring forth his prove and end the argument.
Your so called FACT 4 is only words of his own mouth. Let him STATE his FACT!
Re: What Specifically Has Islam Contributed To Humanity As A Race. . . by Nobody: 12:14pm On Mar 29, 2012
seguun:
As for your FACT - 1, does he have any prove that flies don't carry diseases on any other part of their body except on their legs and their saliva?, considering the fact that there is an ongoing research on fly.

I dont understant. Is this a deliberate attempt to remain stup[i]i[/i]d for allah? Two simple examples - the malaria parasite, plasmodium falciparum (that is a FACT by the way), is transmitted by mosquitoes in their saliva. . . while house flies typically transmit disease by carrying pathogens on hairy legs (this is one other means by which plant pollination occurs).
Flies carrying disease on their wings? That is an islamic myth.

seguun:
The FACT 2 actually confirmed the hadith but what mazaje was disputing is where the antibiotics was situated,the hadith mentioned the wing, the scientists mentioned the surface, so i asked him "is one of a fly's wing situated in its belly?"

I actually beg to differ about this generally held nonsense. Most flies dont develop disease (despite carrying human disease-causing pathogens) because of the huge genetic difference. For example, a mosquito does not develop malaria - is it because of antibiotics? NO! Plasmodium falciparum attacks red blood cells that are required to drive oxygen delivery to your tissues. A mosquito does not require this and thus is immune to the effects of the pathogen.

The only proof of this fly antibiotic wetdream for muslims comes from a presentation by a certain "Joan Clark" from Australia in 2002. Why is this alleged finding not more widely proven in microbiology labs all over the world? undecided

seguun:
What he said in your so called FACT 3 i have explained, the scientists only extracted the antibiotics using ethanol and filter because they needed to study the antibiotics specifically. Are you saying antibiotics will be absent in any other liquid a fly is dipped into apart from ethanol?, if antibiotics will be present, it will surely make the diseases harmless. Is he saying the diseases having been made harmless by the antibiotics in the drink, the drink is still not safe for human consumption? If so, let him bring forth his prove and end the argument.

this makes no sense whatsoever. Have you ever worked in a science lab? undecided
Artemisin is the most powerful anti-malarial medication known to man and it is extracted from the Artemisia plant by crushing and extracting with Hexane. Why dont doctors ask you to grow the plant and just dip it in water that you can drink anytime you are sick? grin These guys are just a bunch of morons.

seguun:
your so called FACT 4 is only words of his own mouth. Let him STATE his FACT!

huh? Cholera. . . just one example of a disease spread by eating food contaminated by pathogen-bearing flies. Why didnt the "antibiotic" on the opposing wing prevent you from catching the disease? Ode. grin

When next a mosquito bites you, just catch it, dunk it in your hot tea and drink. Dont take drugs please. The same stupid sheikhs who trumpet the mohammedan nonsense are the first to queue up at Walter Reed hospital here when they get sick while their fooolish followers are busy catching flies to dunk in their water. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Another Look At The Critics Of The Punishment Of Fornication/adultery In Islam / Marriage: Hijabi Or Non-hijab / Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 186
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.