Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,411 members, 7,836,658 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) - Romance (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) (32328 Views)

Who Are The Current Hottest Romance -land Couples? / Romance Section Battles 1. / Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by bassette(m): 7:09am On May 20, 2012
Gracias naijasexy 4 a beautiful well written story;tho i found the thread late i read it tru n tru start to finish..u r a rare gem darling(no flattery)thank u 4 keepin me glued..more energy to ur fingers! We all luv u..i do TOO!stay blessed.dis is cooool!!!
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by bassette(m): 7:21am On May 20, 2012
Sexy i sure wud av somethin 'relevant' to discuss wit u so a already friend requested u..do 'accepted' it puleese. winkSexy i sure wud av somethin 'relevant' to discuss wit u so a already friend requested u..do 'accepted' it puleese. 1nce again tnx 4 d write-up,‎​♏ hookd alredi
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 1:26pm On May 20, 2012
^I've accepted it.

Thank you very much for reading. God bless. smiley
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by bassette(m): 11:15pm On May 20, 2012
Ese Adupe *winks
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by joephemzyz(m): 5:10pm On May 30, 2012
Absolutely brilliant.......@naijasexy da poster....I seriously hail you oooh........#gbayi
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by maide: 9:19am On May 31, 2012
Well, well , well, Omo Naija toh sexy, u r juss to mch. Just finished reading nw I most say u kept me glued to my screen all nite long.

Its really hard to impress me. I must say I'm impressed. I just love ur writing style, u descriptions are so detailed and so typically wht we see happening in 9ja frm day to day, ur opening and closing of sentences, ur conversations were superb and each of the characters were distinct.

I really didn't want to post any comment but couldn't leave without posting smthing. While reading, here are smthing I felt didn't jell 2geda.

I'm of the opinion tht the story changed after Nataniel's death. The focus of the story stopped been on Simi.U mentioned little abt Simi & her family, she wouldn't evn pay a visit to her mum, or send her any moni, I felt u were in a hurry to complete the story so u didn't take as mch time as u had been doing to think it thru.
Also, the idea of a foursome is one too extreme. I was just not convinced @ all probably cos u didn't take as muvh time to make it convincing and acceptable.
Also, there wz an episode where Haruna placed a call to Ibro while hw ws speaking to his mother bur he cldn't reach him after having called like 5times? Bur mch l8r in the story, when Simi called Ibro, he hrd the beep and asked to call her back, those were same situation bur differnt outcome, not acceptable, then there wz too mch use of 'o as in .....before o, I didn't know o etc), they all started talking alike @ some point and there were oda little details I can't point out bur wch I also felt were out of place in the story.try make changes to this effect.

Pls try to publish the story, u r wht nigeria needs. Luv u plenti
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by alleviate2002us(m): 7:09am On Jun 04, 2012
naijasexy: ^ shocked shocked
I have never considered myself a good writer. Thank you so much. smiley
More tori on the way!!

i tink u'v done a good job so far....dou i just got startd n am yet 2even go half.way. Tot u shuld know i like wot av read so far.

4wer baba Pdude dey hail u how i go cum 4all ya hand?
Culd der hav been anoda word 2replace d use of 'Nkwobi' in d early parts of ur story 'wer simi had 2make ready d goat meat 4aunty bisi'. I may be alittle quick 2conclude but ur description paints a northern location played by a yourba acts(i neva chop yoruba woman nkwobi b4 neida hav i seen any do d menu in pub)
like i said earlier i may hav been quick 2conclude or assume....mayb as i read on i'l undastand beta d scenerio and how aunty bisi got into being good with makin recipies and secrets 2ha versatility.

Kudos!
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by alleviate2002us(m): 7:17am On Jun 04, 2012
naijasexy: ^ shocked shocked
I have never considered myself a good writer. Thank you so much. smiley
More tori on the way!!
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 4:52am On Jun 07, 2012
maide: Well, well , well, Omo Naija toh sexy, u r juss to mch. Just finished reading nw I most say u kept me glued to my screen all nite long.

Its really hard to impress me. I must say I'm impressed. I just love ur writing style, u descriptions are so detailed and so typically wht we see happening in 9ja frm day to day, ur opening and closing of sentences, ur conversations were superb and each of the characters were distinct.

I really didn't want to post any comment but couldn't leave without posting smthing. While reading, here are smthing I felt didn't jell 2geda.

I'm of the opinion tht the story changed after Nataniel's death. The focus of the story stopped been on Simi.U mentioned little abt Simi & her family, she wouldn't evn pay a visit to her mum, or send her any moni, I felt u were in a hurry to complete the story so u didn't take as mch time as u had been doing to think it thru.
Also, the idea of a foursome is one too extreme. I was just not convinced @ all probably cos u didn't take as muvh time to make it convincing and acceptable.
Also, there wz an episode where Haruna placed a call to Ibro while hw ws speaking to his mother bur he cldn't reach him after having called like 5times? Bur mch l8r in the story, when Simi called Ibro, he hrd the beep and asked to call her back, those were same situation bur differnt outcome, not acceptable, then there wz too mch use of 'o as in .....before o, I didn't know o etc), they all started talking alike @ some point and there were oda little details I can't point out bur wch I also felt were out of place in the story.try make changes to this effect.

Pls try to publish the story, u r wht nigeria needs. Luv u plenti

It's really nice to have someone point out some of the flaws in the story. Thank you very much.

Truth is, you are absolutely correct. I was in a haste to finish it up so I overlooked some details which would have made the tale seem more believable. Surely, those mistakes are unacceptable and I hope to not repeat them if I ever get down to writing another story.

Thanks for taking your time to read it and for being very observant. I am grateful. smiley

@Joephezyz, thank you very much.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Brixtonyute(m): 5:56am On Jun 07, 2012
naijasexy:

It's really nice to have someone point out some of the flaws in the story. Thank you very much.

Truth is, you are absolutely correct. I was in a haste to finish it up so I overlooked some details which would have made the tale seem more believable. Surely, those mistakes are unacceptable and I hope to not repeat them if I ever get down to writing another story.

Thanks for taking your time to read it and for being very observant. I am grateful. smiley

@Joephezyz, thank you very much.

Hiya stranger, what happened to you?
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by stokolie(m): 5:46pm On Jun 12, 2012
iread the story in two days,OMG i was ....still looking for the perfect word.
but girl u re ten-derful.
seun don komot friend so an follow i go dey follow u now. anyway if u re on FB and twitter no mind following u all that way. LOL.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jun 16, 2012
^ Thank you. Well, I just created a twitter account so you can follow me @Sugary_Cindy and i'll ff back.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by bassette(m): 9:01am On Jun 17, 2012
officially ff'in u...do ff bck @onmagrind. hope u good now
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jun 17, 2012
^Okay, just followed you. Hehe! I am fine now. smiley Thanks.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Infamous(m): 5:07pm On Jul 07, 2012
Hey girl, you really did a great job here. And I think that you should be presented an award. Right now, I'm going off in search of other stories written on nairaland by NAIJASEXY. Mighty thanks to you and keep up the good work.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

What Are The Dating Mistakes That Guys & Ladies Make? / My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues / Which Condom Is The Best? Married Only!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.