Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,193 members, 7,839,056 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) (32329 Views)

Who Are The Current Hottest Romance -land Couples? / Romance Section Battles 1. / Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 10:32pm On Mar 25, 2012
^^ Thank you. Your comment actually made me smile and it is highly appreciated. smiley
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 10:38pm On Mar 25, 2012
I'll continue from here tomorrow. Gotta go now.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by freecocoa(f): 11:41pm On Mar 25, 2012
Sexy bebe just saw this now,been very busy and hardly have time for NL these days,thanks for the dedication,I've read a little of it,good story so far,will catch up soon,more ink to your pen or in this case more lifespan to your keyboard cheesy,one love sugar wink.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 11:44pm On Mar 25, 2012
^haha. No problem. Thanks. smiley
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Milkymike1(m): 8:26am On Mar 26, 2012
this is a wondaful story, i'm glued to this post, refreshing every hour. I don't want to mean it. Keep up the good work.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 9:08am On Mar 26, 2012
^^ Thanks hun. Unfortunately I have to go to school this morning and would continue much later in the day or tomorrow. Thank you. smiley
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Killz3(m): 9:23am On Mar 26, 2012
"Subscribinalizationality" cheesy cool
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 9:29am On Mar 26, 2012
^^haha. you funny.

**Guys, I wrote the last bit at my bedtime yesterday. So forgive any mistakes. Would duly correct all later in the day. Later!
Freecocoa, it was dedicated to you so you should let me know if you like it. It's gonna get a bit raunchy later though.lol smiley
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by freecocoa(f): 1:01pm On Mar 26, 2012
Just finished reading every word of it and my do i like it?nah i don't but I'M IN LOVE with it cheesy,thank you sexy for this especially since "lola.love" has been keeping me waiting.
I can't wait for the part where simi and ibro falls in love,hope there'll be enough kissing and you know?wink,thanks again.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 3:24am On Mar 27, 2012
]Back in her room now and eyes shut, she lay on her bed thinking, wondering, pondering. She could almost swear she had seen “that look” on his face while she took his order earlier that night but she couldn’t pinpoint or interpret what his facial expressions could possibly represent. From experience, she could recognize a pregnant facial expression when she saw one, which is why it wasn’t so hard to tell there was more on his mind that just food. The glint his eyes reflected when she had stood before him was all too familiar. It was the same one her form 5 class teacher had on anytime he made s.//e.x-ual advances at her. She let out a long hiss and muttered a raspy “pervert” as thoughts of a man who used to be her teacher made her blood bubble with anger .She was not going to ruin the night thinking about Mr Kadiri, not when she had Ibrahim to think about.

From the corner of the kitchen, she had watched him leave the restaurant. It had taken all the willpower she could muster to keep herself from running to him to say something-just anything. It was only when she had seen his car drive out of the frontage that she tried getting information about him from Ahmed. All she had been able to garner was his name and the fact he was a student of Sheik Salif University. What was it about him that was getting to her? She thought as she turned underneath her prickly blanket. It had been barely 12 hours since their first encounter and she couldn’t get herself to think of anything else but him.
Her eyes flew open when the sound of her door jolted her out of her innumerable thoughts. Her roommate just returned from town and she hadn’t even heard her footsteps approach the door.
“Hey, welcome” she said, as she fought to focus her mind on reality. “Thank you o. How are you now? How was the matric?” Cindy asked as she flung her sandals, off her legs, under the desk. “It was alright, was just there. It was kind of boring though, but wasn’t too bad. You missed!” Simi teased, rising up from the bed and assuming a sitting position. “I missed? Naah. I don’t think so. I told you before I left that I was going to hang out with some friends eh?” Simi nodded. “Well, we had fun in our own little way oo. You know the bar on University Avenue? Simi nodded again. “Aha! That was where we went. I didn’t have any beers though but my friends had themselves a couple. One of them actually got drunk on his fifth bottle of Guinness and started to act up.” Hands swinging back and forth in air, Cindy tried to relay every single detail of her day to Simi, who was staring at her and smiling. “He got himself in a fight and was beaten to a pulp. Simi! You should have seen the blood spewing out of his mouth after he was administered the first punch. I was terrified.” She placed both hands on her hips after clapping them together, thrice. “Really? Jeez, that sounds pretty serious. How is he faring now? Why didn’t you guys call the cops or something?” Simi sounded worried. “Cops? What cops?” Cindy let out a hiss. “You are talking as though this is not Nigeria. It would have taken the cops an extra hour to get to the scene and so no one bothered with them. Anyway, he has been taken to the clinic. Hopefully, he’d be better before tomorrow runs out.” “Well, I hope so too Cindy” Simi said as she lay back down. “Thank God you are okay o. It could have been worse you know!”, Simi cried. “I know right? Thankfully, I came out unscathed. It wouldn’t have been funny if I had sustained any injury”, Cindy bragged. “Yeah right! Anyway, I’m groggy already. I could really use some sleep right now, it’s been a long day” Simi sighed. “Please remember to lock the door and turn off the lights when you’re done. Good night Cindy.”
*************************************************************************************
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Killz3(m): 3:34am On Mar 27, 2012
^^^
Nice one. But in Nigeria, we don't call them cops. . . We call them "Police" cheesy grin
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 3:37am On Mar 27, 2012
^^hahaha. Sorry o. I'm trying to make this sound as Nigerian as possible and but it's kinda difficult. lol
I've taken note of that now (not that I didnt already know, it just escaped me, lol). Thanks. smiley
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 12:57pm On Mar 27, 2012
Continue the tori naw
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 1:45pm On Mar 27, 2012
The persistent vibration of her cellphone stirred her up from sleep. Who could be calling her at such an hour of the night, she wondered. Before she could get her hands on the phone, she had missed the call. Her pupils constricted and she blinked uncontrollably, when the screen of her phone illuminated upon punching the keypad. It was Dayo. Why was he calling her at such an unusual hour? Her eyes drifted to the top right corner of the screen where the digital clock was. 6:30 am- so it wasn’t night as she had thought.

The clock told her she had slept for seven and a half hours but her brain and bones thought otherwise. Still enervated from the previous day, she wished she could fall back into her deep slumber that Dayo had so unnecessarily interrupted, but that would not be possible. It was Saturday and there were lots of items yet unchecked in her mental to-do list. Pulling her blanket off her body, she sat up and made a futile attempt to text Dayo. She didn’t have sufficient texting credit so the task was aborted. She murmured an incoherent curse and went down on her knees to pray.
Praying was a practice she was accustomed to. Although she wasn’t sure that there was God, as she had been made to believe since toddlerhood, she held on to the hope that, there was some deity that existed in an inconceivable part of the universe, who was kind enough to listen to her daily cries. She prayed quietly, trying hard not to wake up a snoring Cindy. She wasn’t even sure what the Sign of the Cross she did after every prayer session truly signified, but she did it anyway.
Dusting off the sand off her knees after she rose, she reached for the dress she had worn for her matriculation. The stain on it was now visible and an unpleasant smell diffused through the air as she examined it. She hoped the dress had not been eternally condemned as she wondered if the stain would ever come off it. She changed into blue shorts and a white tee, bent over to grab a packet of B-29 soap from her box, disengaged her bucket from the springs underneath her bunk bed to which it had been padlocked and went to the courtyard to do her laundry.

“Are you ready now?” Cindy asked over her shoulders. She was stuffing money into her purse that would be used for the purchase of foodstuffs at the local market. “You do know we have to leave now right? The market would be closing in two hours so please hurry up” “Okay Cindy, just let me clean my sandals” Simi said, grabbing a tattered rag from under her bed. “We only have so much to buy anyway so I cannot comprehend why you are being so hasty.” “Those guys from yesterday agreed to give us a drive to the market now. If they get here and we are not ready, we would have to ride in a bus and walk under the scorching sun. I am not down for that abeg. Can’t you feel how hot it is?” Cindy said in a rather sharp tone. Simi was about replying when Cindy’s phone rang. The guy who would drive them had called to tell her that he was outside the gate of their hostel. “Simi hurry up o. If these guys leave out of annoyance, gaskia, you would pay our taxi fare to and fro.” Cindy snatched their market list from Simi’s bed and pulled Simi out of the door.

“Nathaniel!!” Cindy called out loudly from a distance as she ran in the direction of the car that had been waiting for her for ten minutes. Simi who could not run as fast was struggling to keep up with her “Nathaniel, sorry to have kept you waiting” She said panting, when she eventually got to the car. She squinted when she noticed there was an unfamiliar person sitting on the passenger’s seat. She tried making out who it was, but was unsuccessful. “So Cindy I have now changed so much that you cannot recognize me right?” Cindy screamed when she heard the voice. “Ibrooooooooooooo.” She opened the door to give him a hug and simultaneously gestured to Simi to quicken her pace. “Nathaniel you didn’t tell me Ibro would be coming now.” She was jokingly blaming Nat for her lack of recognition of Ibro. “Ibro, long time. How have you been? In short, where have you been?” He opened his mouth to answer but stopped abruptly. Simi had just gotten to the car and he hadn’t expected to see her. Their eyes jammed and out of nervousness, his larynx twitched as he swallowed a huge gulp of saliva.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 2:47pm On Mar 27, 2012
She looked at him for a second and focused her eyes on the ground where she stood. Why was he everywhere she went? Was he stalking her? Her heart thumped at the possibility of that. Don’t be ridiculous Simi, he couldn't be trailing your every move, she persuaded herself. How did he know she would be getting a drive from Cindy’s friend to the market? How? She had to leave his presence this moment. She had to look for an excuse to go back to the hostel. She thought of telling Cindy that she had forgotten her phone in the room but Cindy had seen her put it in her purse so that wouldn’t make a very good lie. Lord, give me ideas, give me ideas. I need to get out of here. But the ideas were not forthcoming.
Cindy had an inkling that there was something dreadfully wrong with Simi,tension had built up in the air since the moment she arrived, so much so, that it could be cut with a blunt knife. She decided to ignore her intuition and urged Simi to get in the car, but Simi was hesitant.
“Simi enter now! Na wa oo. Time is going, look, it’s ten minutes to four already” Cindy said pointing her left wrist where her watch was tightly strapped, towards Simi. It was indeed an awkward moment but Cindy couldn’t make out what all the awkwardness was all about.
“Simi this is Nat,” She said pointing to her friend who was drumming his fingers on the steering out of impatience, “and this is Ibrahim, Senator Gafaru’s son” Cindy continued as Nat started the ignition. She knew Ibrahim didn’t like being introduced with the ‘senator title’ but she couldn’t help it. She would tell anyone who cared to listen, that she was friends with a senator’s son and not even Ibrahim could deter her from spreading the word.
“It’s nice to meet both of you.” Simi uttered, clumsily. She tried to pretend as though Ibrahim was a total stranger but her eyes and lack of composure gave her away. “Err what is going on here? Simi, have you met any of them before?” Cindy asked in a low tone. Unwilling to answer the question, she threw her face towards the window to get some fresh air. The sun was starting to go down and it was getting windy. She sat quietly throughout the 15 minute drive to the market, not making any utterances or engaging in discussions. She immersed herself in thoughts of Ibro as the car sped away, raising a trail of dust behind them..
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 3:48pm On Mar 27, 2012
Narrator, why are you ignoring my email? angry
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 3:54pm On Mar 27, 2012
^ Did you send me an email? I did not get any.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by davades(m): 4:17pm On Mar 27, 2012
cheesy cheesy cheesy :DWht's †ђξ title of this book? Wanna GƠ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ get †ђξ full version :DWht's †ђξ title of this book? Wanna GƠ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ get †ђξ full version
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 4:20pm On Mar 27, 2012
^Book? Really? lol. I only intend for it to be a short story. cheesy The title is Jagged Edge. cheesy
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by davades(m): 4:26pm On Mar 27, 2012
naijasexy: ^Book? Really? lol. I only intend for it to be a short story. cheesy The title is Jagged Edge. cheesy

GƠ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ ahead nah, is like u've turn dis things to weekly soap opera TV series.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 4:29pm On Mar 27, 2012
^lol. I'd continue in a bit. I've got other things to attend to right now, but I'd get down to writing, as soon as I'm free. smiley
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 4:31pm On Mar 27, 2012
naijasexy: ^ Did you send me an email? I did not get any.

Probably got spammed then. Please send me one and I'll reply.
I want to holla at you this my provincial neighbour.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 4:34pm On Mar 27, 2012
^ Resend the email to Bleep@yahoo.ca tongue
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 4:43pm On Mar 27, 2012
Done tongue you can mask out that email address now before it gets flooded by spambots and their kin.

EDITED!!!
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 4:46pm On Mar 27, 2012
^ you haven't done me any good by quoting my post either. lol. Mask the email addy out of the quoted bit in your last post.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 4:48pm On Mar 27, 2012
naijasexy: ^ you haven't done me any good by quoting my post either. lol. Mask the email addy out of the quoted bit in your last post.

LOL gosh darnit! tongue Done
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 4:50pm On Mar 27, 2012
^^lol. Alright.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Milkymike1(m): 5:10pm On Mar 27, 2012
God u re just too much, i like the way u re able to keep one capivated and hooked. Pls, keep it coming, don't stop.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 5:56pm On Mar 27, 2012
^^hahaha. Thanks dear.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 7:33pm On Mar 27, 2012
With the assistance of both guys, Simi and Cindy loaded the bags that contained their groceries into the boot. They had not been able to buy everything on the list since all the traders had been rushing to close for the day, but they had gotten most. They would have to have rice for dinner instead of the eba and egusi they originally planned they’d cook, as they had combed through the whole market for palm oil but still couldn’t find any to buy.
Nathaniel and Ibrahim had to wait in the car while both girls were in the market. They had discussed them and talked about the little drama that happened earlier that evening.
"Ibro!” Nathaniel called, in his naturally shaky voice.

“Yes?” Ibro croaked, turning his head to look at his friend.

“I have been trying to figure out why your countenance changed when you saw Cindy. Do not tell me you are still angry with her over what happened between you two.”

Ibrahim tensed all the muscles in his face as he tried to answer the question. His throat tightened and his chin grew taut. “How many times do you need me to remind you that the days of brooding over Cindy are over? I am no longer angry with her but I might as well be, if you continue to recount my misfortunes by reminding me constantly about that ugly incidence.”

“Hey chill out bro,” Nathaniel placated. “You often times take things too seriously. I was just trying to decipher why you had a mood swing when you saw Cindy, it even got worse when you saw her friend.”

“It had nothing to do with Cindy,” Ibrahim insisted. “It had nothing to do with her at all. Nat, do you know that girl? Cindy’s friend?” There was an outburst of laughter form Nat and that flustered Ibrahim.

“You see why I don’t like asking you anything? Sometimes I even wonder how we have managed to remain friends for this long. Come out of your foolishness and answer the damn question. Do you know her?”

By now, Nat was wiping off the tears he had conjured as a result of his laughter. He attempted to speak but started laughing again. “Ibro, I pray that God would deliver you from the clutches of women. So you have your eyes on her eh? I must been a slowpoke for thinking otherwise,” Nat burst out laughing again.

“Nat, I also know you are out to annoy me this evening, but I would disregard any efforts you make to that effect. I know you like the shelf in my bedroom, and from what I can tell, you are up to no good this evening so I won’t bother you with any questions again. In fact, ignore the one I asked you before.” He opened the pigeon hole to look for loose paper to fan himself. He couldn’t find any and that agitated him the more.

“Ibro, I was just joking now. Chei! You seriously need to sign up for anger management classes. Anyway, to answer your question, yes I know her and no, I do not know her.”

By now Ibro had calmed down and could manage a smile. “What do you mean? Please don’t go all parabolic with me.” Ibrahim warned.

“Okay, okay, okay. Joking apart, she used to live on my grandma’s street and I’d seen her a couple of times but never spoke to her. I don’t think she lives there anymore sha, though I haven’t been to that area since my grandma passed away.” Nat said in an unusually sober tone.

“Hmm. How come I never knew her then? How come I’d never seen her before yesterday? I...”

You saw her yesterday?” Nat cut in “Aha. That explains a lot. Anyway, what’s the deal? Why the sudden interest in her?”

“I don’t know her that well yet, but I seem to like her a lot. Call me stupid if you like but I do like her." Ibro said as he shifted to look at the side mirror to see if the girls were coming

“You met someone yesterday and you claim to like her already? Come on Ibro, even a neonate would know that’s impossible.” Nat tried to sound rational.

“Exactly Nat. That’s the reason for my confusion. Since I set eyes on her yesterday she has been the only thing on my mind. I cannot explain this madness that has come upon me o. I cant.”

“We’ll talk about this later” he said when he saw the girls coming. “And just as a warning, if you tell Cindy even a word about this discussion, I would skin you alive. Trust me.” They had both laughed and proceeded to help the girls with their groceries.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 10:51pm On Mar 27, 2012
Cindy had not bothered to ask Simi about what happened. She had cared enough to ask her in the car and since she had refused to answer her, whatever was wrong with her was her own cup of tea.
"If she was angry because I hurried her up then that's entirely her business. It's no skin off my nose" She laughed, shaking her head swiftly from side to side. Seeing Ibrahim had brought back bitter sweet memories. There was once a time when he was hers for the keeps but she blew it. She had taken him for granted and made him feel worthless. Now he seems to have moved on while she still suffers inside. It had all been her fault. The numerous quarrels, confrontations and eventually, the break-up could all be attributed to her impatient and judgmental attitude. Had she been more understanding, she would still have wrapped around her middle finger now, but no. She had chosen to listen to her cousin who had fed her with numerous lies at the time. “I was surrounded by negative people who only cared for my sadness” she murmured as she sprinkled some salt into the stew she was cooking.

As much as she pretends like she’s okay with being ‘just friends’, she knows deep within her that that phrase ‘just friends’ does not suit her longings. How could it? He had been the one who took her innocence and showed her the pathway to womanhood. He had embraced her and shown her love like no other, promised her heaven on earth, told her he would marry her when the time was right and she believed it because she knew he would not dare to speak not even one word of deceit to her. But when the news of his cheating started flying around town, a cloud of judgment and irrationality masked every splinter of reasoning she had once possessed. She had not thought to ask him or hear his own side of the story because she was broken. Even when he tried explaining to her that all she had heard were lies, she remained unyielding and swore that she would not go back on her words of not taking him back. She had sworn by her grandfather’s grave and told him she hated him. She had spat on him and threatened to send hoodlums after him if he so much as sent her a text message. And gradually, he had withdrawn. From going down on his knees endlessly begging her to take him back, to exchanging banters only when they saw in public places. He had weaned himself off of her and she was sure he hated her right now.

She would try though, she would try to get him back. She would back herself up with strong will and determination and steal a spot in the Gafaru household. Thankfully it isn’t too late, she smiled as she herself with Ibro in a Nikkai. He was only 25 and she had ample time to draw up an effective plan to regain her place at the Gafaru’s. Ibro would fall heavily for her this time and they would live happily ever after, just like in the fairytales. A slow smile ran across her face as she planned, schemed and calculated.

Ibro would be mine again, she assured herself.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 10:55pm On Mar 27, 2012
pDude, I see yoooou! hehehehe! cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

What Are The Dating Mistakes That Guys & Ladies Make? / Which Condom Is The Best? Married Only! / Help! Seems Like My Crush Is Insane

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.