Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,863 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! (7208 Views)

Celebrations After The End Of Nigerian Civil War 1970(Pictures) / Picture Of Gallant Female Soldiers Who Fought In The Nigerian Civil War / What Really Caused The Nigerian Civil War Of 1967 - 1969? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! by Olaolufred(m): 11:52am On Mar 28, 2012
Dede1:

I shall bet my last kobo that no single ethnic group in Nigeria will slip into war path with Ndigbo and survive to tell tales of the battles. Ndigbo do not have the knack to dominate its neighbors through the war. This is not because Ndigbo do not have the wherewithal to do so but to maintain the principles of live and late live while giving each other a fair competition. There is no single internal ethnic force that stepped feet on Igbo land without beating a hasty retreat. British had until 1914 to negotiate peaceful settlement against opposition from Igbo land.

Those who sare aying Ndigbo did not learn from the war are pitifully shameless because it took massive support from Britain, USSR, Egypt, UAL, Australia, Niger, Chad and Cameroon for Nigeria to defeat Biafra. Like Jerry Useni once said, “Nigeria’s numerical strength notwithstanding, baring support from countries such as Britain, USSR, Australia, Cameroon and Egypt, Biafra would have dealt with Nigeria”.

There is no need for any ethnic nationality to cross Igbos path.
Why should that be?
It is the NL Igbos (Not in real life)that throws missiles everyday on the keyboard without its reality. Someone must act instead of only talks. I think that is what the remaining Nigerians are expecting. The true might of an ethnic Nationalities will be known when brain works starts.
Left to the "gra gra" without sense that most people keeps spilling out on Nairaland, Casualties will only increase if they made the second mistake.
If you care read my earlier comment.
Re: Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! by Olaolufred(m): 12:11pm On Mar 28, 2012
The COAS will command the Army that will round up the seccesionist. I mean Ihejirika.
That in itself indicates 100% failure of Biafra's second comming.
OMG.
Re: Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! by CyberG: 5:49am On Mar 29, 2012
Responding to Dendenbula is like talking to a yam tuber so it becomes a vegetable. In fact, your chances are better that you might get some result than talking to the foundational tribalist Dende1 and his low priest OnlyBIGFATLies and the hordes of tribal man and maid servants! I am just here to remind the e-soldiers that Ihejirika and his enforcers are still waiting for you to keep your appointment. Now, I am told that some little secondary school boys have actually mounted a check point to open the first round of smashing before you go on to meet the Girls Scout, Boys Scout, Man O War, etc. When will Dendenson and LiesONLY quit being slack poohsies and fight a real war? Or, break a bottle for starters?
Re: Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! by Callotti: 6:09am On Mar 29, 2012
Mu he he he he he he he heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Laff soteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey. . . my 'ol gradma shrivelled bobbies with networks greenish-redish engorged varicose veins due to over-pressing. . . .tongue fall comot from my "coshhette"!
Work is slow tonight I swear!

I thought I was the only one carrying a 'slack' poohsie on NL o! cheesy

How many days left again?
May these poohsies not get 'slacker' o!grin
Re: Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! by AtaniWarior: 5:06am On Mar 04, 2013
torkaka: @one_naira

did you say ibibio-aro wars? wasn't that the war that they was a stalemate after the ibibios resisted the eze agwu? wasn't it after resistance that eze agwu allied with an ibibio prince kakpako okon but they were still defeated? wasn't it after defeat that the igbos along with kakpako (ibibio prince) sort the help of akpa (eastern cross river group) who had european guns that they used in defeating the ibibios? my guy,that war was won by the akpas!

anglo-aro wars? are you dull? i'm talking about winning wars and not losing wars! wasn't that the war that the british defeated the aro people and hanged their chiefs? they were five major battles in that war, the british won all but one!

poor guy. the igbo war CV you brought out should be added to the biafran CV of always being on the losing side!

Incorrect. The Eze Agwu group was not defeated by the Ibibios. Keep in note that the Eze Agwu invaded the Ibibio and successfully established a settlement. The Eze Agwu looked for ways to finish the invasion by inviting a powerful doctor named Nnachi and forming alliances with some Ibibio.

Although the Ibibio did temporarily succeed in preventing further expansion, they failed in expelling the invaders. If the Eze Agwu group were ever being defeated, they would have retreated or moved somewhere else. There are no records of this occurring.

The war was stalemate before the Akpa arrived. Neither side was victorious. The combined forces of the Akpa and Igbo groups (with some Ibibio allies) won the war. Not the Akpa alone.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! by Mynd44: 5:27am On Mar 04, 2013
Back to bed
Re: Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! by Nobody: 5:56am On Mar 04, 2013
This op jst has issue with igbo fact!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dont Allow APGA Die,’ Bianca Begs Supporters / Lagos May Shut Abattoir Market / “El-Rufai’s Intelligence Is Governed By ego” – Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.