Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,107 members, 7,828,874 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

8inch's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 8inch's Profile / 8inch's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (of 4 pages)

Celebrities / Re: Music Star, Don Jazzy Reveals His Greatest Addiction by 8inch: 6:53pm On Sep 09, 2015
Dont get the addiction
Politics / Re: Reason Behind Electrical Power Supply Improvement by 8inch: 6:50pm On Sep 09, 2015
This issue has been over flogged.
Business / Re: Enquiry: Myus, Shipito And Bundle Box; Which One Is The Cheapest To Ship With? by 8inch: 10:48am On Mar 25, 2015
Try Sgk global. www.sgkglobal.com

i have not used the other two options u listed but have an active Myus.com membership.

Myus.com has excellent customer service. They offer DHL and fedex options. With the last horror show i had with Fedex, i vowed never to use them again. DHL option, max four days your goods are in nigeria and ready to go. They don't use Nahco so no strikes unlike Fedex that can be affected by Nahco strikes which was quite frequent towards the end of last year. The Other side of DHL is that you have to deal with customs officials yourself. Seeing that it is mobile phone and laptops..just be ready. Myus.com is the best in shipping small things that wont attract customs like clothes, shoes, car parts etc.

Sgkglobal on the other hand, handles the clearing for you. They also use Nahco but things have been fairly stable this year. I have friends and colleagues that have bought laptops with no custom hassles. Only thing is that their customer service is poor. When weighted against their fares, its the lesser of the two evils. But be ready to follow them bumper to bumper with calls to their US office until its shipped. Another thing is to make sure all your items are consolidated before shipping to them. They do not consolidate. If you ship 5 items, they will come in five different boxes...and its takes a longer time to collect if u chose to go pick up the item at their office. They ship only om fridays i think so u can plan ahead.

All the best

1 Like

Autos / Re: Free Vin Checks And Reports by 8inch: 12:39am On Oct 18, 2014
Hi, please help run vin checks for
JTEEP21A850093146 and
JTEEP21A140023941
Dudex9@gmail.com

Thanks
Politics / Re: State Of The Union: Your Part by 8inch: 5:08pm On Feb 25, 2012
wowo2:

A govt that doesn't know how much (oil) it exports or how much it makes cannot plan for anyone even if it stops thinking ocada drivers are self-employed. If they say there are plans, then they can never achieve anything.

cry cry cry cry
Autos / Re: Free Vin Checks And Reports by 8inch: 11:52pm On Feb 24, 2012
Good day, u skipped my earlier request,
please help with the vin check
1fmzu73w64za18035
Thanks
Autos / Re: Free Vin Checks And Reports by 8inch: 5:07pm On Feb 23, 2012
Good day, please help with with the vin check
1fmzu73w64za18035
Thanks
Autos / Re: Free Vin Checks And Reports by 8inch: 7:35pm On Jan 20, 2012
Good day, please help me run a vin check on this number

wvwpd23b4yp217436

Thanks
Autos / Re: Free Vin Checks And Reports by 8inch: 4:29pm On Oct 14, 2011
Good day
Please help me with a vin check for this number
1HGCG32742A024434
Send report to dudex9@yahoodotcom
Thanks
Autos / Re: Free Vin Checks And Reports by 8inch: 12:19pm On Oct 09, 2011
Good day,
Please help me with a vin report for
1fmzu73k34ub44167

My email addy is dudex9atyahoo.com

Thanks
Travel / Re: Echose Of Tyranny In Arik Air Limited by 8inch: 6:54am On Jun 15, 2011
Its a well known fact that Arik flight schedules are never on time.
But this past sunday (June 12th), ‎I vowed never to use them again.
‎I always book online to avoid the stress of paying cash @ the airport, with crowd of touts, collecting teller n all, and so saturday night, ‎I check their flight schedule, select a flight for 14:50 from ph to lagos, pay online and ‎I'm sent a confirmation email
‎I get to the airport by 13:50, go to the counter to get my ticket and they tell me that there was never a 14:50 flight, that my flight time was 13:35 and ‎I've missed the flight.
Any other part of the world, the airline would have apologised, and put me on the next available flight with no additional cost. But Arik insisted that ‎I pay for ticket upgrade so that ‎I can be put on the next flight.
‎I asked to see the manager, showed him the email sent to me by them with the wrong flight time, he acknowlege that its their fault, but still insisted ‎I pay the fee.
While ‎I was busy telling them that ‎I'm not meant to pay anything as the fault was entirely theirs, one of the lady staff said, "If ‎I were you, ‎I'll go and pay now cos the flight is almost full"
So as not to loose on both sides, ‎I pay the fee, and arik being theselves, a flight for 5:30pm left 9:15pm
ARIK AIR, NEVER AGAIN!!
Autos / Re: How To Successfully Pre Order A Car On Nairaland ( For Buyers And Sellers ) by 8inch: 5:51pm On Apr 18, 2011
Thanks a lot, will get in touch with the dealer now and if he has nothing positive to say, i will drop his name here for him to come clear up himself and if he is innocent, expose the fraudulent clearing agent.
Autos / Re: How To Successfully Pre Order A Car On Nairaland ( For Buyers And Sellers ) by 8inch: 5:26pm On Apr 18, 2011
inspired_m:

The Customs Clearing Range is between 320k - 350k for a 2007 Jeep Liberty.

Is the 380,000 Naira Inclusive of the "EFCC Charges" or 380k Without The Bogus Charges ?

Without the "Bogus" charges.
With the bogus charges, total amount was 460k sad
Autos / Re: How To Successfully Pre Order A Car On Nairaland ( For Buyers And Sellers ) by 8inch: 5:19pm On Apr 18, 2011
2007 jeep liberty sport. Quote from dealer was 380k
Autos / Re: How To Successfully Pre Order A Car On Nairaland ( For Buyers And Sellers ) by 8inch: 4:58pm On Apr 18, 2011
This happened to a colleague of mine with a nairaland dealer.

After the car had been ordered and delivered to the nigerian ports, the dealer asked for the funds to clear the car (this was part of the original agreement).

After the dealer had collected the amount g he requested for, he came back again to demand an additional 80k, claiming that EFCC were at the ports and the money has increased (this was on a friday evening).

My friend did not buy the story and said he would find out from other agents and get back to him on monday since the port will not work on weekends. By monday, the dealer said he could not wait for monday because the car would have started to accumulate demorage (or something like that) of 10k per day so he used his money to clear it on saturday and my friend was now owing him.

Since the car was now in the dealers possession, my friend had no other option that to pay up.

Is this something that happens often in clearing cars or was my friend scammed by this dealer?
Autos / Re: Free Vin Checks: 5 Will Be Processed. by 8inch: 6:26am On Apr 04, 2011
Please assist me with this vin check
VIN:JHMCG6673XC036191

Thanks.
Autos / Re: VIN Reports For Advertised Cars by 8inch: 4:49am On Mar 30, 2011
VIN:JHMCG6673XC036191

Thanks.
Autos / Re: VIN Reports For Advertised Cars by 8inch: 3:32pm On Mar 09, 2011
Please assisit me with this vin check.
JTEHF21A110012501
Thanks
Autos / Re: CUSTOMS CLEARING AGENT ( ADEXFEM ) by 8inch: 12:17pm On Feb 26, 2011
Please wots the rate for an 07 liberty jeep and 09 Honda accord?
Autos / Re: VIN Reports For Advertised Cars by 8inch: 8:49pm On Feb 22, 2011
1J4GL48K57W626907
2HKYF18574H504268
Thanks
Autos / Re: Free Carfax Reports: 5 Will Be Processed Today. by 8inch: 3:29pm On Feb 08, 2011
2HKYF18574H504268
Thanks
Autos / Re: Free Carfax Reports: 5 Will Be Processed Today. by 8inch: 3:48pm On Dec 21, 2010
@ Bizbooks: Thanks a lot
Autos / Re: Free Carfax Reports: 5 Will Be Processed Today. by 8inch: 11:40am On Dec 21, 2010
Hi, please assist me with this vin check

VIN: 1J4GL48K57W626907

Thanks
Autos / Re: Honda Accord 2007 Model Ex For Sale SOLD SOLD SOLD!!!!!! by 8inch: 7:20pm On Apr 21, 2010
VIN pls,
Autos / Re: Toyota Corolla S 2003 by 8inch: 1:11pm On Apr 21, 2010
@tomialph:
Thanks a lot for exposing this info
Romance / Re: Can U Ladies Do Dis For A Guy! by 8inch: 10:14am On Apr 05, 2010
Op: As much as i agree with givin to peeps in need, one should avoid over doing it cos it can also have a negative effect on the person you are helping. As the saying goes "Give a man a fish, u'l feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and u'l feed him for life".
Religion / Re: Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally by 8inch: 12:40pm On Mar 14, 2010
While i am in full support of giving to the Lord, I am very much against fines imposed on members of a church. When u say every member should contribute a fixed amount eg. 15 euros rather than saying "Give as the Lord leads u", that in my opinion is a fine or levy.

I remember back in the university days when a friend of mine attended BLW, and the next sunday, they were fined an amount of money against an upcoming program. He was hounded by the members until he left the fellowship so that he could have peace  grin.

This is not restricted to CEC. There was a Redeemed parish i attended (in one of the remote villages in Rivers state) and rather than preach the sermon, the pastor talked about the hardship he was facing in the community as a full time pastor with no other source of income. I was touched by his plight and was moved to give, that was until he brought out a time table and started reading out names of families in the church that he had mandated to bring food for him on a particular day of the week shocked shocked. By the time he got to Wednesday, I was already at the door of the church on my way out!

I can go on about experiences in other denominations as well. This is certainly not restricted to the two denominations mentioned.

Some of these things are a result of the Pastor in charge and not a function of the whole ministry but in the long run, we should serve God according to the scriptures and not doctrines by the churches we attend. Pray for guidance because He is the one that knows best.
Food / Re: Bread Dipped In Hot Chocolate? by 8inch: 6:39am On Oct 29, 2009
tastes great. . . pity have to do it when no one is around or if i no send the person grin grin
Romance / Re: Guys Check Me Out, I Seem To Attract Girls That Are Taller Than Me! by 8inch: 7:49am On Oct 28, 2009
@ Kunbee:
V e e e e e e r y mature response cool.
Romance / Re: He's Asking Me To Pay For My Trip by 8inch: 10:02am On Oct 26, 2009
From an economic point of view. .if the guy is coming down he has to
1. Pay for his fare
2. Pay for the hotel where he would stay.
3. Pay for food

for the lady.
1. Pay for her fare to (and fro depending on if the guy got lucky  grin).
2. Pay for food is the guy is extremely stingy/retarded  grin.

I think its too late to play the "self respecting lady" card because you have already agreed to make the trip to see him first. Changing your mind now because he asked you to pay your fare sends the message of you being a stingy gal. .but then again. . most ladies are   undecided
Romance / Re: What Is Wrong Wt One Night Stand? by 8inch: 8:30pm On Oct 08, 2009
olusolami:

190: come on. U av to b protect urslf. Im nt talking about picking up jst anybdy on d street, i meant a normal date wt a guy/grl [b]u'av bin wooing 4 wks [/b]mayb and she hs shwing d green lite
Guess ur topic should be "sex on first date" undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (of 4 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.