Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,057 members, 7,818,171 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:24 AM

Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? (27267 Views)

Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? / Being A Strong Woman Isnt Remarkable, It's Normal - Adichie / Is Cheating Normal For Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by Henry40: 5:37pm On Mar 26, 2012
Outstrip: There is nothing I hate more than a parent that tries to turn kids against the other. Even if they are separated or divorced. it is very cruel to get kids involved in your stupid decision to marry the wrong person. Kids do not have the capacity to understand things. It is very stressful for them. Now let me go to the OPs post. I am not sure how this man told you guys this or how you have chosen to interprete it. You pointing out that her salary is meager yet she yells at him makes me feel that the man is not innocent in this. Would it be okay if she made more money? Would it be more bearable for her to keep being abusive. Anyway it's only the man that knows what really happens in his home. it looks like he and his wife are doing a fine job of destrying their home. She telling their children and he telling his coworkers

You dey vex me! I just want to punch you from this screen now. If it was the other way round you won't be saying this. N O N S E N S E!!! angry angry I blame the guy for marrying a village girl!!!

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by GboyegaD(m): 5:44pm On Mar 26, 2012
Absolutely abnormal. To me, the guy has since lost his respect and it would be better he has a heart to heart talk with the wife to know why she is acting in the way she is and that way, they can get to resolve the matter well enough.

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by taryour(f): 5:45pm On Mar 26, 2012
@debrief08
i am not in suport of men hitting wives but i tell u some women deserve it. If dat woman as been slaped or corected d first time then she would av realised it is wrong to do so let alone in d presence of her kids.if she can do dat at home then she will definately do it in public.and dat wuld ruin her marriage and probaly make her husband look for a woman who wunt shout on him or listen to advice from friends.

@Megawax
u dont understand my post,wot i meant is d woman ad no right wotsoever shouting on her husband even if she was not d breadwinner, she should never b cos if she was,d husband will turn to b d maid.

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by frankoboy: 5:56pm On Mar 26, 2012
it depends .cos any woman or man just cannot shout with out a reason so in some cases women shouting at their husbands is not that a big deal women like to be heard they like attention so much .thats why sometimes they want to remind us by shouting .
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by cardoso111(m): 6:33pm On Mar 26, 2012
when the foundation is faulty what can the righteous do?
The foundation of that marriage has been wobbled from scratch
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by MegaG: 6:38pm On Mar 26, 2012

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by kelz88(f): 6:40pm On Mar 26, 2012
MegaG: there must be something the man is not telling. that trait was never in her b4 they got married not even b4 the kids start coming. so there must be something that led to it. women are not devils. love her and she will be submissive to u. a woman that is truly loved, cannot help but be submissive except she's a witch. guys, treat your wives well and in turn u will have a peaceful home!
Are you saying there aren't crazy women out there? They could easily pretend to be good, until you carry them home. Such is life. @topic, it's not normal or abnormal. She needs help.
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by Fejok01(f): 6:43pm On Mar 26, 2012
there is no excuse whatsover,no matter the level of provocation for a woman to shout at her husband in the presence of her children.She might have the support of the children now but later in life,i bet you the children would hate her.Pls leave the children out of ur quarrels,yakuri..
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by shadrach77: 6:46pm On Mar 26, 2012
this is very wrong and the kids are very foolish. Even more foolish than their mother because if they had any wisdom, they wouldn't condone their mother disrespecting their dad but would draw closer to their dad in order to jolt their mothet towards behaving properly cheesy wink smiley
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Mar 26, 2012
So not normal in this case.
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by harakiri(m): 8:06pm On Mar 26, 2012
geeez: There's a debate in my office about a colleague's cousin.

He's the bread winner of his home and his wife's salary is meagre. However, when there's an arguement, the wife yells at him in the presence of the kids and later tells the kids terrible things about their father. Now the guy has noticed his kids are kind of distant from him and more drawn to their mother.

Any ladies in the house? Is this normal?

This is perfectly NORMAL when a man decides to get married. From your post, the man is doing okay for himself and he's more or less shouldering MOST of the household responsibilities BUT he was dumb enough to go to the registry and swear his life away to a woman. If he was a "baby-daddy" doing okay for himself and having more than enough women begging for his attention, this same woman wouldn't have the effrontery to dare such nonsense. That's the cold truth.

If you're a grown man and you want kids without being manipulated by the feminine gender, then take my advice :

DON'T GET MARRIED! ! !

2 Likes

Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by ochukoccna: 8:25pm On Mar 26, 2012
Yep most 9ja women do save those 9ja men who have instilled fear into their wives [saw this once with a neighbor]

Thanks to NL, one learns more daily about the behavioral traits of the average 9ja woman not just only from Fela singing Lady.
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Mar 26, 2012
harakiri:

This is perfectly NORMAL when a man decides to get married. From your post, the man is doing okay for himself and he's more or less shouldering MOST of the household responsibilities BUT he was dumb enough to go to the registry and swear his life away to a woman. If he was a "baby-daddy" doing okay for himself and having more than enough women begging for his attention, this same woman wouldn't have the effrontery to dare such nonsense. That's the cold truth.

If you're a grown man and you want kids without being manipulated by the feminine gender, then take my advice :

DON'T GET MARRIED! ! !

huh? there are millions of marriages where women are not manipulating and abusing their husbands. Any serious person knows that the "baby-daddy" idea is about the worst way you can raise a child. Being a weekend dad is not how a child deserves to be raised.
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by andyanders: 8:28pm On Mar 26, 2012
The guy is weak and a woman wrapper. No woman there try that with me. Who the hell is the woman.
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by Vansnickers: 8:40pm On Mar 26, 2012
taryour: Op
dat man is not a full grown man yet,and i doubt if he is truely d breadwinner of d home. That woman is d kind that their husbands beat up,am sure the next time she wunt only shout on him but tie him up when he is asleep and beat him blue black with koboko,while d kids watch and laff. Foolish woman and ode man.

You are calling the man an "Ode" but if he goes all "Jim Iyke" on the Woman, it's Women like you that will call him a Monster.
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Mar 26, 2012
If my mum did that, I would let her know that everytime she does that, I lose respect for her.
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by Fhemmmy: 8:45pm On Mar 26, 2012
geeez: There's a debate in my office about a colleague's cousin.

He's the bread winner of his home and his wife's salary is meagre. However, when there's an arguement, the wife yells at him in the presence of the kids and later tells the kids terrible things about their father. Now the guy has noticed his kids are kind of distant from him and more drawn to their mother.

Any ladies in the house? Is this normal?

Seems like there is more to this than we are being told or you know . . .
The woman is not insane, i will assume, so she wont just be yelling and telling the kids stuff without reasons.
however, i will not support the woman getting the kids involved in the mess between her and the husband . . there are mature ways to deal with matured situation
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by muyoto: 8:49pm On Mar 26, 2012
abnoraml
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by babyme1(f): 9:06pm On Mar 26, 2012
megawax8: u must be high on sumtin,its ladies lyk u dat end up in broken homes jst 5-10 yrs into ur marriage....work on urself now u have d tym to
Na you sabi. You don't recognise sarcasm when you see one. Ifot mkpo tongue
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by emsquare(m): 9:06pm On Mar 26, 2012
Not normal!
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by taryour(f): 9:19pm On Mar 26, 2012
Van snickers:

You are calling the man an "Ode" but if he goes all "Jim Iyke" on the Woman, it's Women like you that will call him a Monster.
yes van d man is ode for allowing such insult from his wife and yes i will call a man dat beats his innocent wife for no good reason a monster. Dis case is totally diffrent.this mans kids will go to skull and paint their father black just as the mother as done and they will all laff at the father. I dont support a man beating his wife but in dis case d woman is crossing her boundries and is calling for some lessons.
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by Theblessed(f): 9:49pm On Mar 26, 2012
[size=16]People should understand, it is not right for anyone to shout at anybody, simple!
It is rude both at home and most unprofessional to do that, at work! In some professions e.g Health, Social Welfare/Services etc, it can result to a Conduct Committe enquiry/hearing, which could lead to one's dismissal from work therefore, people need to control their dogs both at home and at work.

They need to learn to respect each other by talking calmly and quietly that's all we need to make your points. You only hear people shouting at each other in conversation, when one tries to dominate the chat without regards for the other person's view point, as can be seen quite often here, on Nairaland.

It's all about having mutual respect for each other.[/size]
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by Dipwater(m): 10:07pm On Mar 26, 2012
Yell at the husband 4 wat? She is not mentally okay. She has so many thngs disturbing her life. It culd be from A troubled back ground or a broken home. May be. Her mother wuz abused by the father and its kinda affecting her marriage. Experiences of life and upbringing can affect the way we see life. Maybe she copied it 4rm her mother, u neva can tell. But wat she needs now is help she is not mentally fit to be a wife.if he luvs her sOoooo much he shuld invite a sycologist. Dat wuld later refer them to a therapist. After the treatment she wuld be okay. But if she fails to respond to treatment. He shuld divorce her and remain single for some time thanks
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by antartica(m): 10:28pm On Mar 26, 2012
A persistently loud mouthed woman is the true definition of a B-itch.They are not good for the soul,not even for their own children,they make bad mothers.
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by nigerbabe: 10:36pm On Mar 26, 2012
i hear!!!!!!!!!!!! the said man must be without fault. storryyyyyyyy
The Man should check himself. i guess he is up to something or has abandon his family emotional needs.
The distant is initiated by the man cos children love to be close their father and cant stand ill report against a loving father-

bread winner or not does not give you the right to behave as you like and expect her to keep mute? For some who think she should act mumurish and bear the pain (which maybe unleashed on the kid)- its easier said than done o.

Abeg, the man should desist from petty gossips and fix his home. his responsibility does not end in being the breadwinner

be a man

2 Likes

Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by Busybody2(f): 11:43pm On Mar 26, 2012
Outstrip:
. . . Now let me go to the OPs post. I am not sure how this man told you guys this or how you have chosen to interprete it. [size=14pt]You pointing out that her salary is meager yet she yells at him makes me feel that the man is not innocent in this[/size] Would it be okay if she made more money? . . .

Hmmm, and the man was painted like he was Archangel Gabriel, lol
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by cfours: 12:01am On Mar 27, 2012
has your mother ever shouted at your father?
dat shld answer the question grin
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by dayokanu(m): 12:09am On Mar 27, 2012
paris10:

If he had slapped her then that would sum up the point I've been trying to pass across. No excuse for a woman to shout at the husband, really? Not when he's a cheater, not when he lies all the time, not when he's a wife beater, not when he shouts at his woman in front of his kids, not when he's an egoistic maniac, not when he's a control frick, not when he gives all the money to his family and not when he doesn't pay attention to the needs of the children.

Regarding having privacy, I believe husbands should always know when katakata wan burst (lol), and take his wife to a private place to address the issue.

If there are justifiable reasons for a woman to shout at her husband call her names even in front of the children, then there might be some justifiable reason for a man to beat a woman too..

if you are acting like a low life, know that the man too can act like an Agbero
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by dayokanu(m): 12:16am On Mar 27, 2012
A lot of women do this.

Yell at their husband and set the children against the dad, Though most kids by the time they grow up would just know their mom was immature, but some women would have succeded in convincing the teenage kids that their dad is evil while the man is bursting his asss to provide for his family and be a good dad.

I have seen this happen many times where the woman would refer to the husband as the "Unfortunate man", the Irresponsible man etc.

If a woman would now raise your own children, fruit of your loins to despise you.

Some women are evil
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by agiboma(f): 12:27am On Mar 27, 2012
@ op i shout all the time i was shouting today and ill probably shout tommorrow

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by Daresh(f): 12:39am On Mar 27, 2012
GboyegaD: Absolutely abnormal. To me, the guy has since lost his respect and it would be better he has a heart to heart talk with the wife to know why she is acting in the way she is and that way, they can get to resolve the matter well enough.

I agree totally!
Re: Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? by Daresh(f): 12:56am On Mar 27, 2012
I have seen a marriage where this happens and although I do not support it I can understand where she is coming from.The man has slept with everything and evryone. He fights his wife, so tey one of his gf's tried to move into the marital home. So tell me how much respect she can have for her husband when he doesn't respect her? this colleague and his cousin won't tell you all the husband has bn up to to make his wife so mad. Like I said I don't think it isd right at all, but therE are always 2 sides to d story,

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pregnant Wife Pranks Husband That Her Water Broke / Child Found Wondering.. (pix) / Lady Narrates How Lazy Her Father Is, Collects Monthly Allowance From Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.