Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,919 members, 7,814,097 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

Police Uncover Ritualists, Fraudsters’ Shrine In Ogun - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Uncover Ritualists, Fraudsters’ Shrine In Ogun (9291 Views)

Police Uncover 23 Baby Factories, Rescue Six Babies In Delta(pictured) / Missing Ogun Poly Student Found Dead In Shrine / The Road To Okija Shrine in ibo land (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Uncover Ritualists, Fraudsters’ Shrine In Ogun by youngies(m): 8:10am On Mar 28, 2012
ABEOKUTA – Ogun State Police Command has uncovered a shrine which allegedly belongs to ritualists and fraudsters in Ewualase Village, Ogijo, behind NNPC Mosinmi depot, in Sagamu Local Government Area of the state.

The new Commissioner of Police in the state, Mr. Ikemefunna Okoye, who conducted newsmen and his men round the shrine for on the-spot assessment yesterday said the discovery was made on Monday.

According him, the Ogijo Divisional Headquarters through high level intelligence gathering learnt about the shrine, the operations of the suspected ritualists and went into action.

He said: "I gave them directives and they swung action that eventually led to the arrest of two people at the shrine. For now all we can say is that they are using this place for either rituals or to defraud people or both".

Okoye assured that the Command would do thorough investigations on the activities of the suspects, adding that the two suspects arrested would be charged to court after completion of the investigations.

In a related development, the Command yesterday arrested an armed robber as well as recovered a snatched vehicle.

Source: http://channelkoos.com/index.php/news/1215-police-uncover-ritualists-fraudsters-shrine-in-ogun
Re: Police Uncover Ritualists, Fraudsters’ Shrine In Ogun by antartica(m): 8:21am On Mar 28, 2012
Is it a crime to have shrines for ancestoral reverence and continuity these days in nigeria? Because i have shrines in my place and i dont intend to giue them up for churches and mosques that sows the seeds of divisions and fundamental ignorance in african communities. The seeds of backwardness.

1 Like

Re: Police Uncover Ritualists, Fraudsters’ Shrine In Ogun by LogicMind: 8:23am On Mar 28, 2012
we need to build more shrines
Re: Police Uncover Ritualists, Fraudsters’ Shrine In Ogun by atuboweke(m): 9:39am On Mar 28, 2012
WHY ARE YOU/THEY SURPRISED? THE YORUBA'S ARE KNOWN FOR THAT ; JUJU with the cover name traditional shrine. EVEN A YORUBA BOY OF 2YRS HAS JUJU MARKS ALL OVER HIS BODY AND WILL VISIT THE NEAREST SHRINE AT ANY SLIGHT PROVOCATION OR ENVY. PLS ITS NOT A NEWS!!! OVER TO THE OTHER POST JOOR!!

1 Like

Re: Police Uncover Ritualists, Fraudsters’ Shrine In Ogun by Ninapha(f): 9:41am On Mar 28, 2012
He said: "I gave them directives and they swung action that eventually led to the arrest of two people at the shrine. For now all we can say is that they are using this place for either rituals or to defraud people or both".

And you want us to clap for you. When Boko Haram are killing innocent people u are busy visiting shrines. Show us evidence that they are ritualist before assumptions kills you.
Re: Police Uncover Ritualists, Fraudsters’ Shrine In Ogun by Okijajuju1(m): 9:43am On Mar 28, 2012
youngies: ABEOKUTA – Ogun State Police Command has uncovered a shrine which allegedly belongs to ritualists and fraudsters in Ewualase Village, Ogijo, behind NNPC Mosinmi depot, in Sagamu Local Government Area of the state.

The new Commissioner of Police in the state, Mr. Ikemefunna Okoye, who conducted newsmen and his men round the shrine for on the-spot assessment yesterday said the discovery was made on Monday.

According him, the Ogijo Divisional Headquarters through high level intelligence gathering learnt about the shrine, the operations of the suspected ritualists and went into action.

Okoye assured that the Command would do thorough investigations on the activities of the suspects, adding that the two suspects arrested would be charged to court after completion of the investigations.

In a related development, the Command yesterday arrested an armed robber as well as recovered a snatched vehicle.

Source: http://channelkoos.com/index.php/news/1215-police-uncover-ritualists-fraudsters-shrine-in-ogun

- I shall not stress the fact that an Igbo police Police Commissioner busted an Ofemmenu shrine/fraud syndicate. . . WOOOOOOSAAAAAAAHHH!!!!
Re: Police Uncover Ritualists, Fraudsters’ Shrine In Ogun by segzicres(m): 9:43am On Mar 28, 2012
Na wa O
Re: Police Uncover Ritualists, Fraudsters’ Shrine In Ogun by ceejayluv(m): 9:47am On Mar 28, 2012
Any evidence of "rituals"?... Infact define RITUAL.
Re: Police Uncover Ritualists, Fraudsters’ Shrine In Ogun by olajide8(m): 9:55am On Mar 28, 2012
youngies: ABEOKUTA – Ogun State Police Command has uncovered a shrine which allegedly belongs to ritualists and fraudsters in Ewualase Village, Ogijo, behind NNPC Mosinmi depot, in Sagamu Local Government Area of the state.

What exactly if it is true is our problem in this country sef! Ritualist shrine is it poverty, ignorance or share wickedness, or is just our way of life can a human beings flesh and blood turn into paper when we are not security printing machines it was at okija the other day the edo state now ogun state their is a problem with people O! Seriously please just hang these barbarians if they are caught maximum penalty with out course to the law is the solution in my opinion
Re: Police Uncover Ritualists, Fraudsters’ Shrine In Ogun by dj187: 9:55am On Mar 28, 2012
An igbo commissioner of police desecrating a shrine in yoruba land, i think it is an attempt to retaliate for the okija saga by OBJ & tafa balogun

1 Like

Re: Police Uncover Ritualists, Fraudsters’ Shrine In Ogun by Beetwo(m): 9:57am On Mar 28, 2012
atuboweke: WHY ARE YOU/THEY SURPRISED? THE YORUBA'S ARE KNOWN FOR THAT ; JUJU with the cover name traditional shrine. EVEN A YORUBA BOY OF 2YRS HAS JUJU MARKS ALL OVER HIS BODY AND WILL VISIT THE NEAREST SHRINE AT ANY SLIGHT PROVOCATION OR ENVY. PLS ITS NOT A NEWS!!! OVER TO THE OTHER POST JOOR!!
are you sure of wat you are sayin? Haba.

1 Like

Re: Police Uncover Ritualists, Fraudsters’ Shrine In Ogun by Beetwo(m): 9:58am On Mar 28, 2012
Ninapha: He said: "I gave them directives and they swung action that eventually led to the arrest of two people at the shrine. For now all we can say is that they are using this place for either rituals or to defraud people or both".

And you want us to clap for you. When Boko Haram are killing innocent people u are busy visiting shrines. Show us evidence that they are ritualist before assumptions kills you.
tanx, you speak ma mind.
Re: Police Uncover Ritualists, Fraudsters’ Shrine In Ogun by MrGlobe(m): 10:06am On Mar 28, 2012
dj187: An igbo commissioner of police desecrating a shrine in yoruba land, i think it is an attempt to retaliate for the okija saga by OBJ & tafa balogun
Yes!!! While will dey destroy okija and leave the millions shrines in their backyards. And its not desecrating, its catching some 'domicile' ritualists and robbers. Commendable from the police commissioner. Also check ijebu and others. Dont disturb the police
Re: Police Uncover Ritualists, Fraudsters’ Shrine In Ogun by kayzzy24: 10:07am On Mar 28, 2012
What we are saying here is not about having shrine,its is what they are usin it for.so u re saying using human being for rituals is nt a crime,or using dat to commit a crime. No tribe that doesn't hav a shrine. And they went there because of the information they gathered. Oga police,more power to ur elbow.
Re: Police Uncover Ritualists, Fraudsters’ Shrine In Ogun by islamrules(m): 10:09am On Mar 28, 2012
I think we should go back to our old religions.
Re: Police Uncover Ritualists, Fraudsters’ Shrine In Ogun by babaowo: 10:26am On Mar 28, 2012
kayzzy24: What we are saying here is not about having shrine,its is what they are usin it for.so u re saying using human being for rituals is nt a crime,or using dat to commit a crime. No tribe that doesn't hav a shrine. And they went there because of the information they gathered. Oga police,more power to ur elbow.
Re: Police Uncover Ritualists, Fraudsters’ Shrine In Ogun by kayzzy24: 10:34am On Mar 28, 2012
islamrules: I think we should go back to our old religions.
why?
Re: Police Uncover Ritualists, Fraudsters’ Shrine In Ogun by Tos87(m): 10:42am On Mar 28, 2012
they no serious @ aaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.
Re: Police Uncover Ritualists, Fraudsters’ Shrine In Ogun by noiseless: 10:44am On Mar 28, 2012
Haa haa! The RITUALISTS and FRAUDSERS' SHRINE bursting police squad, can we see the "chief priest and gang members? in case our neighbours are members too.
Re: Police Uncover Ritualists, Fraudsters’ Shrine In Ogun by Ninapha(f): 10:44am On Mar 28, 2012
kayzzy24: What we are saying here is not about having shrine,its is what they are usin it for.so u re saying using human being for rituals is nt a crime,or using dat to commit a crime. No tribe that doesn't hav a shrine. And they went there because of the information they gathered. Oga police,more power to ur elbow.

Indeed, its more power to his brain cos he is working at very low voltage. He arrested two men and was not sure what they were doing in their shrine. According to him "either they perform rituals, defraud or do both" when has assumption turn to evidence. This is why we keep applauding dullards as dukes

1 Like

Re: Police Uncover Ritualists, Fraudsters’ Shrine In Ogun by Sike(m): 10:46am On Mar 28, 2012
Logic Mind: we need to build more shrines
Supported!
Re: Police Uncover Ritualists, Fraudsters’ Shrine In Ogun by KINGwax(m): 11:09am On Mar 28, 2012
Okija_juju:

- I shall not stress the fact that an Igbo police Police Commissioner busted an Ofemmenu shrine/fraud syndicate. . . WOOOOOOSAAAAAAAHHH!!!!
clap for yourself, u jst woefully failed!
Re: Police Uncover Ritualists, Fraudsters’ Shrine In Ogun by jspac(m): 11:13am On Mar 28, 2012
dj187: An igbo commissioner of police desecrating a shrine in yoruba land, i think it is an attempt to retaliate for the okija saga by OBJ & tafa balogun
Clap for yourself,you are intelligent.
Re: Police Uncover Ritualists, Fraudsters’ Shrine In Ogun by jspac(m): 11:14am On Mar 28, 2012
Clap for yourself,you are intelligent.
Re: Police Uncover Ritualists, Fraudsters’ Shrine In Ogun by jspac(m): 11:16am On Mar 28, 2012
islamrules: I think we should go back to our old religions.
go ahead i am not behind you.
Re: Police Uncover Ritualists, Fraudsters’ Shrine In Ogun by Baawaa(m): 11:26am On Mar 28, 2012
Is it a crime to have shrines for ancestoral reverence and continuity these days in nigeria? Because i have shrines in my place and i dont intend to giue them up for churches and mosques that sows the seeds of divisions and fundamental ignorance in african communities. The seeds of backwardness.[qu
Until they use one of your relative for ritual that is when you will that is not about shrine,but ritual
Re: Police Uncover Ritualists, Fraudsters’ Shrine In Ogun by Ibangap(m): 11:33am On Mar 28, 2012
When d juju 4 dat shrine go visit am, make him no pull him uniform hold 4 hand dey run o. grin
Re: Police Uncover Ritualists, Fraudsters’ Shrine In Ogun by DonCarlos1(m): 11:50am On Mar 28, 2012
atuboweke: WHY ARE YOU/THEY SURPRISED? THE YORUBA'S ARE KNOWN FOR THAT ; JUJU with the cover name traditional shrine. EVEN A YORUBA BOY OF 2YRS HAS JUJU MARKS ALL OVER HIS BODY AND WILL VISIT THE NEAREST SHRINE AT ANY SLIGHT PROVOCATION OR ENVY. PLS ITS NOT A NEWS!!! OVER TO THE OTHER POST JOOR!!

Must it always decend to this?
Re: Police Uncover Ritualists, Fraudsters’ Shrine In Ogun by sammirano: 11:59am On Mar 28, 2012
they need to kill those ritualist.
Re: Police Uncover Ritualists, Fraudsters’ Shrine In Ogun by Yeske2(m): 12:48pm On Mar 28, 2012
sammirano: they need to kill those ritualist.
Bros, dat one too much na.

(1) (2) (Reply)

UDUTH Staff, 4 Others Arrested By DSS Over Alleged Sale Of Children / Facebook User Shares Photos Of Him Sucking His 'woman's Breast / Blackaxe And Eiye In Abeokuta Enter Night Bus And Travel Immediately - PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.