Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,970 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

Can ECOWAS Threaten Nigeria To Return To Civilian Rule In Case Of A Coup? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can ECOWAS Threaten Nigeria To Return To Civilian Rule In Case Of A Coup? (7368 Views)

The Worst Civilian Rule Is Better Than The Best Military Dictatorship / Military Rule VS Civilian Rule / Military or Civilian Rule in Nigeria . . . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can ECOWAS Threaten Nigeria To Return To Civilian Rule In Case Of A Coup? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Apr 07, 2012
I am zulu
Re: Can ECOWAS Threaten Nigeria To Return To Civilian Rule In Case Of A Coup? by musiwa46: 10:43pm On Apr 07, 2012
what nonsense are you saying. did you read what i wrote. The people of Nigeria are greater than Jonathan Goodluck, Jonathan Goodluck is just 1 man. There are 150 million human to be considered in this case. And their lifes comes first . And I did not say you kill Jonathan, I said what will happen when the army kill Jonathan.

why do you think people are bombing? is it because they are happy or not. why do you think they protested, is it because they are happy or sad.
you have problem.
ge
what is the role of ecowas. is the role of ecowas to drink tea. Nigeria has a crisis that can not be fix by nigeria, instead of 150 million lifes be put into more crisis , a responsible regional body will come in and help. So if it nigeria ko. Did nigeria not go under the name of ecowas into other west africa countries. Yes. Nigeria did. So why cant other west africa help Nigeria, when nigeria has its crisis before it get out of hand.

Do you want to tell me togo or benin or senegal president have no television at home or internet to know nigyeria is burning. There will be no excuse for ecowas after the military takes over.

One of the responsible of Ecowas is to protect the region from internal crisis. And Ecowas will be failing in its responsible not to step in into the Nigeria crisis before it get out of hand. Look Ecowas will not be able to prevent a war in Nigeria. And will not be able to manage a war in Nigeria because the Yoruba people can raise 5 million army officer, the hausa can raise 5 million army, the igbo people can raise 5 million too. the kanuri can raise 2 million , tiv 1 million etc etc. So it is a crisis that will not be able to be manage by ecowas.

And look even for Ecowas state it will destroy their own economy to wait and several west africa countries with end up in civil if nigeria end up in a civil war. Benin republic will end up in civil war, so will togo, Niger, chad, cameron.

The reason is Yorubas in Nigeria will run to benin republic and togo for safety which will increase the Yoruba population of Benin republic and others. during election that will matter. and the kainji dam if shut down affect several conutries.

While car importation and other by nigeria to benin ,Ghana , togo will stop. Affecting their economy. this will greatly affect west africa. They should not wait till there is a war.

Ecowas will not be able to blame the Nigeria army because the nigeria army will be performing its constitutional responsibility to protect Nigeria. While Ecowas would have failed its own responsibility to protect the people of the region from crisis.

Ecowas will be the one to blame for failing to live up to its irresponsibility to nigerian. not the nigeria army that overthrow the govt base on constitutional duties.
Re: Can ECOWAS Threaten Nigeria To Return To Civilian Rule In Case Of A Coup? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Apr 07, 2012
I am zulu
Re: Can ECOWAS Threaten Nigeria To Return To Civilian Rule In Case Of A Coup? by musiwa46: 10:59pm On Apr 07, 2012
I think it is the wrong time in nigeria for jonathan to become president when there is a satellite pictures. the best person to be president should have been a Yoruba person at this time to be able to resolve the issue, not an ijaw person. This is not speaking from a bias point but from the point of some who knows nigeria. this is why I said I should run for president.
now you see the problem coming at our face.
Re: Can ECOWAS Threaten Nigeria To Return To Civilian Rule In Case Of A Coup? by musiwa50: 9:07pm On Apr 08, 2012
hmmm
Re: Can ECOWAS Threaten Nigeria To Return To Civilian Rule In Case Of A Coup? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Apr 08, 2012
musiwa.:
I think it is the wrong time in nigeria for jonathan to become president when there is a satellite pictures. the best person to be president should have been a Yoruba person at this time to be able to resolve the issue, not an ijaw person. This is not speaking from a bias point but from the point of some who knows nigeria. this is why I said I should run for president.
now you see the problem coming at our face.
You are speaking rubbish, Yoruba people love GEJ.
Re: Can ECOWAS Threaten Nigeria To Return To Civilian Rule In Case Of A Coup? by musiwa50: 10:03pm On Apr 08, 2012
where did you get that, they dont like him. because he has been using unjustice method on them.
Re: Can ECOWAS Threaten Nigeria To Return To Civilian Rule In Case Of A Coup? by Yewe2011(m): 10:24pm On Apr 08, 2012
ECOWAS can't

AU probably can (if united)
Re: Can ECOWAS Threaten Nigeria To Return To Civilian Rule In Case Of A Coup? by Nobody: 10:53pm On Apr 08, 2012
I am zulu
Re: Can ECOWAS Threaten Nigeria To Return To Civilian Rule In Case Of A Coup? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Apr 08, 2012
I am zulu
Re: Can ECOWAS Threaten Nigeria To Return To Civilian Rule In Case Of A Coup? by Musiwa: 11:35pm On Apr 08, 2012
nigeria cant find 5 million nigerian to defend nigeria. if to break up nigeria. more people will join their ethnic group army, not nigeria army. i dont see any problem if a military overthrow the govt coming from any africa country. most of them will just keep queit, because most africa leaders have issue. there are more of them who have stay in office too long, they will not want problem. So they will keep quiet.

And most africa countries know the nigeria army , that they will all keep quiet. The nigeria army will overthrow any west africa country president that makes noise about it. They all know that. That is why it is better for Ecowas to act now and not wait any longer.

You see there are over 5,000,000 guns in the hand of nigerian whose source of living depend on guns. You cant take their source of living from them.

Over the over 80 million adult population in Nigeria. 40 million are men.
And 70% of them are into farm and hunting. 70 % is 28 million. if we say 30% 20% of them have guns, we are not wrong.
20% of 28 million is 5.6 million guns. whose source of living depend on guns.

We also have the police, military , civil defence, custom etc who carry guns.

6 million guns is alot with this satellite pictures. so you see the danger in all of this. Ecowas as to step in.
Re: Can ECOWAS Threaten Nigeria To Return To Civilian Rule In Case Of A Coup? by Nobody: 11:44pm On Apr 08, 2012
I am spiderman
Re: Can ECOWAS Threaten Nigeria To Return To Civilian Rule In Case Of A Coup? by Musiwa: 12:21am On Apr 09, 2012
why 100000 show up is because, there is no war and no job. but in a war situation. people will look for other jobs. even the one in the army will quickly retire. ethnicity is stronger than the nation of nigeria. can see them blow themself up
Re: Can ECOWAS Threaten Nigeria To Return To Civilian Rule In Case Of A Coup? by Nobody: 12:29am On Apr 09, 2012
I am spiderman
Re: Can ECOWAS Threaten Nigeria To Return To Civilian Rule In Case Of A Coup? by Nobody: 12:33am On Apr 09, 2012
I am spiderman
Re: Can ECOWAS Threaten Nigeria To Return To Civilian Rule In Case Of A Coup? by Musiwa: 12:52am On Apr 09, 2012
not in nigeria, they will pay their moment and get discharged.

And you claim they will join. Here is the army barrack roof... See how they army live. even police barrack in lagos half of that build as falling down and the police and to put something to cover their rooms.

this why I said I wanted to run as president before. non of this sense. Every army officer or police officer will have their own house . which is their and there will not be barrack , just few to store weapon.

Re: Can ECOWAS Threaten Nigeria To Return To Civilian Rule In Case Of A Coup? by Nobody: 1:00am On Apr 09, 2012
I am spiderman
Re: Can ECOWAS Threaten Nigeria To Return To Civilian Rule In Case Of A Coup? by Musiwa: 1:28am On Apr 09, 2012
when i hear you say comfortable, i nearly die.. and drop my christianity to say God punish you, say he no go better for you. most of them where build 50, 40 years ago and they are all falling apart. i was looking for a barrack where the wall have falling apart and there were living in it. and they use nylon to cover the falling area. When I get it, i will post it.
Re: Can ECOWAS Threaten Nigeria To Return To Civilian Rule In Case Of A Coup? by Nobody: 1:39am On Apr 09, 2012
I am spiderman
Re: Can ECOWAS Threaten Nigeria To Return To Civilian Rule In Case Of A Coup? by andrewza: 3:18am On Apr 09, 2012
patriot2: f.uck you, you are a big liar. Everybody knows the soldiers are well accommodated. I lived most of my life in barracks and I won't let you lie hear. I bet you are not even a Nigerian. Go to hell.

Was that in NCO accommodation or officer accommodation. And not all units would be the same.
Re: Can ECOWAS Threaten Nigeria To Return To Civilian Rule In Case Of A Coup? by andrewza: 3:38am On Apr 09, 2012
patriot2:
I hope you do know ecowas countries are actually countries around Nigeria and that Nigeria has the capacity to invade all of them at once and then we would move forward on land to south africa where we would destroy south afrian army!

I highly doubt you could invade all your neighbors at once. And you could not sustain any force of note has far away has south africa.

Your Army is large and the training tough. It means nothing if you do not train enough and are out dated equipment. And you can say your gear is not out dated and is the best. And for your area maybe. But compared to south africa you are untrained and have third rate gear. So before you talk ill look at your own defense force.
Re: Can ECOWAS Threaten Nigeria To Return To Civilian Rule In Case Of A Coup? by Nobody: 3:43am On Apr 09, 2012
I am spiderman
Re: Can ECOWAS Threaten Nigeria To Return To Civilian Rule In Case Of A Coup? by Musiwa: 3:43am On Apr 09, 2012
you make me laugh, So i know what will happen with the satellite pictures. And that is the reason, why I reach out to the international community for help, even at a risk to my own life. why because there are 150 million other lifes involve.

You have seen them blow up people in the last few hours, and that should tell you , how much of danger to the life of millions of people. Nigeria is a nation with multiple internal problem and you cant look at nigeria like the west.

Nigeria is like EU with many nation and you imagine, if one EU member claim so many population before and you discovered it was not truth. It will be hard in a society with a high level of uneducated people and even some hate for the west to correct such a change.

The only solution is to keep the status , by adjusting the boundary of that nation to keep the north majority. I am telling you, as someone who have live among northerners, like I said the other option is to break up the nation. and with the north, that why I explain how they can get foreign exchange earning about $30 billion a year. Using the commodity market and the south sharing the oil money with them , up to 50%. I know the people. This is the way to have peace. they will never never never never never never never never never agree to the satellite picture.

i dont want to see people die. it hurt to see people been killed. this is we need help so bad and now.. before it too late
Re: Can ECOWAS Threaten Nigeria To Return To Civilian Rule In Case Of A Coup? by andrewza: 3:57am On Apr 09, 2012
patriot2:
Go and ask your apartheid period army, they sure didn't think like you when we came knocking at your gates.

I just did. He wants to know what drugs you are on.
Re: Can ECOWAS Threaten Nigeria To Return To Civilian Rule In Case Of A Coup? by Nobody: 4:12am On Apr 09, 2012
[I am spiderman
Re: Can ECOWAS Threaten Nigeria To Return To Civilian Rule In Case Of A Coup? by andrewza: 4:18am On Apr 09, 2012
patriot2:
Keep talking, that's the only thing that would save your inexperienced little army.

That and our better training, better equipment, better C4I2R ability.
Re: Can ECOWAS Threaten Nigeria To Return To Civilian Rule In Case Of A Coup? by Nobody: 4:28am On Apr 09, 2012
I am spiderman
Re: Can ECOWAS Threaten Nigeria To Return To Civilian Rule In Case Of A Coup? by Nobody: 4:33am On Apr 09, 2012
I am spiderman
Re: Can ECOWAS Threaten Nigeria To Return To Civilian Rule In Case Of A Coup? by andrewza: 5:40am On Apr 09, 2012
The Cubans executed the general they sent to south africa. And they never one a battle.

Has I said your training is tough. Dose not mean it is good. Buy trained I mean we know how to fight we got better field craft training better medical training better combat training better weapons training. So yes you can run faster. we can shoot faster and farther.

Your defense budget is only now bigger than us. How much of it I wonder ends up in some body's back pocket. And please do not mention corruption in the SANDF it is very small almost nothing by Nigerian standard. And please there are two defense budgets in SA one for the defense force one for armscore who handel procurement. And we have more than enough equipment. So much we sell some of the stuff.
Re: Can ECOWAS Threaten Nigeria To Return To Civilian Rule In Case Of A Coup? by Nobody: 6:02am On Apr 09, 2012
I am spiderman
Re: Can ECOWAS Threaten Nigeria To Return To Civilian Rule In Case Of A Coup? by andrewza: 6:37am On Apr 09, 2012
patriot2:
We get the same weapons training as you, the only difference is that you actually develop many of your weapons, and believe me there is no chance for corruption in the Nigerian army. The senior officers know it may win them a bullet in the head (yes i forgot: in Nigerian army court-martials can have a soldier executed). Your air force is a bit better in terms of modernization.

I was not worried about the officers stealing money. My worry is politicians.

Has I said before your solders are tough. But tough is not all a solder is other wise you could use athletes. There are areas where Nigeria is good they got good due to the fighting they in. South africa has no enemy there for we train for every type of warfare
Re: Can ECOWAS Threaten Nigeria To Return To Civilian Rule In Case Of A Coup? by Musiwa: 12:36am On Apr 18, 2012
that true why is nigeria army not making his own guns. if local nigerian make guns.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Is PMB Marginalizing The South West? / No Going Back On Arms For Vigilance Groups – Zamfara / Operation Show Your Permanent Voter Card (PVC)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.