Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,963 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Can ECOWAS Threaten Nigeria To Return To Civilian Rule In Case Of A Coup? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can ECOWAS Threaten Nigeria To Return To Civilian Rule In Case Of A Coup? (7367 Views)

The Worst Civilian Rule Is Better Than The Best Military Dictatorship / Military Rule VS Civilian Rule / Military or Civilian Rule in Nigeria . . . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can ECOWAS Threaten Nigeria To Return To Civilian Rule In Case Of A Coup? by TheDefender: 2:45am On Apr 18, 2012
Na wao! south africans with sweet mouths.
One thing is nigeria millitary is not for show off as that of south africa, so it is hard to know the full capacity of our millitary. And also the fact is south africa cannot dare to attack nigeria.
Re: Can ECOWAS Threaten Nigeria To Return To Civilian Rule In Case Of A Coup? by Musiwa: 4:08am On Apr 18, 2012
there is nothing any nation in the world can do if the military overthrow the nigeria govt. nothing. it is easy, the whole world have seen how heartless the nation senate and house have been, so any senator or house of assembly member who get killed by the military i dont think anyone will pity any nigeria politician at the point.

nation who have keep their month shut during this process , i think should continue to do so. because Nigeria military coup are not bloodless military coup, they are bloodly military coup. And the nigeria politician have left the nigeria people no other option than a military coup at this point by the nigeria army. In a nigeria military coup, they will kill david mark, sambo, Jonathan Goodluck, Aminu and others. and all this nigeria governors, senators will spend many years in jail. They will all remain in jail till the military hand over to politician.

So I dont see anyone who will cry over a military coup in Nigeria. If nations have kept their mouth quiet, they should continue to do so after a military coup in Nigeria. There is nothing anyone will do at this point. Is it the Yorubas that will cry if army kill politician. I dont think so.

So to avoid a military, they need to do something fast, i mean very fast.
Re: Can ECOWAS Threaten Nigeria To Return To Civilian Rule In Case Of A Coup? by Musiwa49: 10:55pm On Apr 20, 2012
I think this picture was taken after a military coup. It gives you an idea what happen after a military coup. People are happy, they comes out to the street shouting for joy.

So when you have senators and house of reps like this, do you think anyone will pity them. they all have computers at home and they all see the satellite picture. I dont think, anyone would pity politician when the military overthrow them.

Wise is only for the wise
[img]http://1.bp..com/_O5S81JkhlP4/R6tnu5BscwI/AAAAAAAAADM/qqUxW0UuEMk/s400/9ja+army.jpg[/img]
Re: Can ECOWAS Threaten Nigeria To Return To Civilian Rule In Case Of A Coup? by andrewza: 11:16pm On Apr 20, 2012
They happy and smiling because they think there lives will improve. But in most cases nothing changes.
Re: Can ECOWAS Threaten Nigeria To Return To Civilian Rule In Case Of A Coup? by homerac7: 7:06am On Apr 21, 2012
That pix wasn't after a coup, it was taken in 2002 in Liberia on entry from d international airport in Monrovia in heat of second civil war that led to Charles Taylor going on exile. The force was led in by Gen Okoronkwo.
Re: Can ECOWAS Threaten Nigeria To Return To Civilian Rule In Case Of A Coup? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Apr 21, 2012
Dr been

1 Like

Re: Can ECOWAS Threaten Nigeria To Return To Civilian Rule In Case Of A Coup? by Uche2008: 8:54pm On Apr 22, 2012
Patriot , what is the meaning of this statement below.

I think this picture was taken after a military coup.
Re: Can ECOWAS Threaten Nigeria To Return To Civilian Rule In Case Of A Coup? by skype1986: 4:18pm On Jul 04, 2013
if there happen 2 b a coup in nigeria,ecowas,AU,nt even SA can do anythin 2 force 9ja bk 2 civilian rule,d highest they will do is make noise cos i can bet it wit anybodi no country in africa wil make a mistake 2 attack 9Ja in any form,d highest dey can do is xpel nigerians out f there country.SA 4 example cannt do this cos we will close dwn mtn 4 dem in 9ja nd west africa. wat may probably happen re series f sanctions 4rm d US,UK,nd d EU against nigeria nd even aside 4rm dat, 9ja is quite influential she will cope wit wat eva pressure comin 4rm external foreign countries. The bst bet is a revolt 4rm nigerians themselves which will nw b fuelled by foriegn countries like d US nd UK.this is bst bet.
Re: Can ECOWAS Threaten Nigeria To Return To Civilian Rule In Case Of A Coup? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jul 04, 2013
homerac7: Hmmm...tricky question.

It all depends on how d circumstances and personalities involved are controlled.

ECOWAS? nada! They virtually feed off palm of Nigeria one way or other. They will quickly realign wt present realities.

AU? Nada! They will issue general condemnation and individuals will come congratulating d new regime and secure their interests.

UN? Will huff and puff. Big nations will shout on pages of newspapers but secretly send proxies to secure their interests. They will place sanctions with conditions and exit clauses. Ask for transitional programme to be announced in order to lift certain sanctions. While these are being said, Shell, Chevron, Agip, Total, BP, Conoco, Siemens, BA, Virgin, etc will b doing normal businesses while Ghana, ECOWAS, AU mission in Darfur, Cote d'Ivoire, etc will b receiving arms and military equipment for "missions headed and populated by Nigeria military". No more overseas training for d military due to sanctions but Ghana Defence Institutions will continually admit Nigerian Military for joint excises wt foreign partners.

Bottomline, nothing will happen!
exactly
Re: Can ECOWAS Threaten Nigeria To Return To Civilian Rule In Case Of A Coup? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jul 04, 2013
Re: Can ECOWAS Threaten Nigeria To Return To Civilian Rule In Case Of A Coup? by andrewza: 5:08pm On Jul 04, 2013
skype1986: if there happen 2 b a coup in nigeria,ecowas,AU,nt even SA can do anythin 2 force 9ja bk 2 civilian rule,d highest they will do is make noise cos i can bet it wit anybodi no country in africa wil make a mistake 2 attack 9Ja in any form,d highest dey can do is xpel nigerians out f there country.SA 4 example cannt do this cos we will close dwn mtn 4 dem in 9ja nd west africa. wat may probably happen re series f sanctions 4rm d US,UK,nd d EU against nigeria nd even aside 4rm dat, 9ja is quite influential she will cope wit wat eva pressure comin 4rm external foreign countries. The bst bet is a revolt 4rm nigerians themselves which will nw b fuelled by foriegn countries like d US nd UK.this is bst bet.

A invasion is not going to happen i agree and if the coup plotters are smart they could lessen the economic backlash to a few weapons sales sanctions.

But international sanctions would cripple nigeria, your industrial base is to small for nigeria.
Re: Can ECOWAS Threaten Nigeria To Return To Civilian Rule In Case Of A Coup? by IdomaLikita: 5:41pm On Jul 04, 2013
solbil: you nigerians have a false opinnion of yourselves. Who says the AU cannot do anything. With the backing of SA, the AU can launch a successful millitary campaign against those HIV infested simpletons you call soldiers. This is so possible with our superior fighter jets.

WHO ARE WAH?
Re: Can ECOWAS Threaten Nigeria To Return To Civilian Rule In Case Of A Coup? by andrewza: 5:45pm On Jul 04, 2013
Idoma Likita:

WHO ARE WAH?

?
Re: Can ECOWAS Threaten Nigeria To Return To Civilian Rule In Case Of A Coup? by homerac7: 7:15pm On Jul 05, 2013
solbil: you nigerians have a false opinnion of yourselves. Who says the AU cannot do anything. With the backing of SA, the AU can launch a successful millitary campaign against those HIV infested simpletons you call soldiers. This is so possible with our superior fighter jets.

^^^

who opened your cage? undecided undecided undecided undecided

andrewza:

A invasion is not going to happen i agree and if the coup plotters are smart they could lessen the economic backlash to a few weapons sales sanctions.

But international sanctions would cripple nigeria, your industrial base is to small for nigeria.

^^^

you Sad Africans again?!!!...don't I know you from somewhere? undecided undecided undecided

Let me educate you again. We have weathered international sanctions before under the khaki boys. what you call sanctions is simply another level of international politics. Nigeria turned to the East because of sanctions from the West, guess what happened? ...West came running back through private proxies. The sanctioned our national carrier, we banned BA. They kicked because of new local decree and Shell got a kick. We got sanctioned from buying arms, Cote de Ivore and Ghana received arms on behalf of ECOMOG which ended in our armories. China and India ran to fill the market space sharp-sharp! Even recently, we called for arrest of Henry Okar and the host country was "playing" politics, ...next we told then we are nationalizing MTN and Multilinks...fiam!!!...immediately immediately, Gideon Orkar was landed in jail.

It is part of why WE ARE THE TRUE [size=32pt]GIANT OF AFRICA[/size]. cool cool cool

All wannabes can go throw shit.... grin grin grin
Re: Can ECOWAS Threaten Nigeria To Return To Civilian Rule In Case Of A Coup? by zaandrew: 7:26pm On Jul 05, 2013
homerac7:

^^^

who opened your cage? undecided undecided undecided undecided

^^^

you Sad Africans again?!!!...don't I know you from somewhere? undecided undecided undecided

Let me educate you again. We have weathered international sanctions before under the khaki boys. what you call sanctions is simply another level of international politics. Nigeria turned to the East because of sanctions from the West, guess what happened? ...West came running back through private proxies. The sanctioned our national carrier, we banned BA. They kicked because of new local decree and Shell got a kick. We got sanctioned from buying arms, Cote de Ivore and Ghana received arms on behalf of ECOMOG which ended in our armories. China and India ran to fill the market space sharp-sharp! Even recently, we called for arrest of Henry Okar and the host country was "playing" politics, ...next we told then we are nationalizing MTN and Multilinks...fiam!!!...immediately immediately, Gideon Orkar was landed in jail.

It is part of why WE ARE THE TRUE [size=32pt]GIANT OF AFRICA[/size]. cool cool cool

All wannabes can go throw shit.... grin grin grin
yes well under sanctions nigeria was poor, if sanctions happened now all those invers in nigeria would pull out, all those construction sites would stagnant. Yes the military would remain strong by using what little comes in but the people will suffer. Look at zimbabwe, the leadership feels nothing for the sanctions but the people suffer. And there is no SA for you to flee.

You do know what internationl sections are.
Re: Can ECOWAS Threaten Nigeria To Return To Civilian Rule In Case Of A Coup? by homerac7: 7:45pm On Jul 05, 2013
zaandrew:
yes well under sanctions nigeria was poor, if sanctions happened now all those invers in nigeria would pull out, all those construction sites would stagnant. Yes the military would remain strong by using what little comes in but the people will suffer. Look at zimbabwe, the leadership feels nothing for the sanctions but the people suffer. And there is no SA for you to flee.

You do know what internationl sections are.

ooooooh! ...my dimwit friend, Andrewza! You never get it...what i am rying to tell you is that "what they claim to deny you in public, they bring to you in private". we have been there before and know how the hypocrisy runs.

...and with your Sad African golden pie, just as we have told you many times ...shove it up your arsssxse... wink wink wink
Re: Can ECOWAS Threaten Nigeria To Return To Civilian Rule In Case Of A Coup? by Dibiachukwu: 8:45pm On Jul 05, 2013
andrewza:

Any country that sanctions trade to Nigeria, would be helping us alot. Because, that would force back all our professionals, and ensue an industrial revolution, with award winning speed.
Re: Can ECOWAS Threaten Nigeria To Return To Civilian Rule In Case Of A Coup? by zaandrew: 8:47pm On Jul 05, 2013
Dibiachukwu:
Any country that sanctions trade to Nigeria, would be helping us alot. Because, that would force back all our professionals, and ensue an industrial revolution, with award winning speed.

Why would they return? And who say you will industrials if they return?
Re: Can ECOWAS Threaten Nigeria To Return To Civilian Rule In Case Of A Coup? by zaandrew: 8:47pm On Jul 05, 2013
homerac7:

ooooooh! ...my dimwit friend, Andrewza! You never get it...what i am rying to tell you is that "what they claim to deny you in public, they bring to you in private". we have been there before and know how the hypocrisy runs.

...and with your Sad African golden pie, just as we have told you many times ...shove it up your arsssxse... wink wink wink

So you have no answer to my post?
Re: Can ECOWAS Threaten Nigeria To Return To Civilian Rule In Case Of A Coup? by Dibiachukwu: 8:56pm On Jul 05, 2013
zaandrew:

Why would they return? And who say you will industrials if they return?
Do you really think we import so much stuff, because we can't make stuff.
Banning import, would initially make alot of thing expensive. Guess who will be competing to fill that market? We have been praying for so long, for Nigeria to willfully isolate herself. So we have less foreign competition and more money to our own pockets. The worst they could do to Nigerian politicians is seize their loots. But Nigeria can go ahead and nationalize all companies belonging to their citizens.
Re: Can ECOWAS Threaten Nigeria To Return To Civilian Rule In Case Of A Coup? by homerac7: 10:08pm On Jul 05, 2013
zaandrew:

So you have no answer to my post?

^^^

me answer you?...I look to you like say I dey crase? undecided undecided only those who dont know the legendary Andrewza try to answer your k-legged questions because you will no sooner shift the object and draw the person into perpetual argument. By the way sef, na which answer yo wan hear from my mouth again wey I never tell you? Guy, abeg go sleep, no start that your hide and seek with me again, I no get your time.
Re: Can ECOWAS Threaten Nigeria To Return To Civilian Rule In Case Of A Coup? by ChimaAdeoye: 5:24am On Jul 06, 2013
BIGER BOY: I am watching how the Mali coup leaders were Forced to start returning to civilian rule throuh economic and military threats by ECOWAS. Do u think ECOWAS or event the AU can force that on Nigeria? Just an hypothetical situation. I think they may bow to pressure from say UN but even that I doubt.

ECOWAS or anyone else does not need to force anyone. Nigeria as we know it will simply melt apart like a super heat candle and not even the coupists can manage what will follow. Needless to say that the armed forces itself will become fragmented almost immediately.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC Peace Panel Gets 170 Petitions, Blames COVID-19 For Delayed Sittings / Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin / Video Of Peter Obi Stylishly Begging Wike To Rig For Him Surfaces Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.