Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,909 members, 7,835,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? (7074 Views)

Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? / Who Is More Religious: Christians Or Muslims? / Are Women More Religious than Men? Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by mazaje(m): 12:56pm On Apr 05, 2012
Women generally like social gatherings more than men, the church is a social place to gather. . .They are more gullible, more emotional and more in need of fatherly help to watch over them and provide for their needs than men. . .Even muslim women are generally more religious than the men despite islam being a male dominated religion. . .
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by harakiri(m): 1:20pm On Apr 05, 2012
nell07: well personally i think it is owed to a number of different but related factors.

U see, d truth is dat a big part of 'religion' is hinged on emotions, and who's more emotional than d typical woman?

Secondly, gullibility comes into play too.
Women are more easily convinced about the need for church attendance, even, when they are primarily not-so-good-girls. They re also more prone to flock around pastors, especially d ones that claim to have solutions to their problems. Whether it sounds logical or not. A man'll naturally think his problems thru and at least makes an attempt to towards its solution before surrendering it to anither (God in this case).
Whereas d typical woman has been conditioned to be primarily dependent on a man, (or God as d case may be). Most women, especially Nigerians, nothing but too-ready to transfer their needs n concerns to any other available head.

I followed my cousin to church one day, and when the prophet asked every1 to write wat they desire most. I didnt have a pen, so after a while i turned to borrow from d gal next to me, and my eyes couldnt help but noticed she almost filled a 'fullscap' sheet with requests.
Talk about oroblem transfer.
My eyes involuntarily scanned the number 1 request and it went thus...
''i want God to quickly give me a husband that will come and help solve my problems and my family's''....lmao! Not kiddin o.

Talk about absolute dependence.!
Na wa o!

Splendid write up.
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by harakiri(m): 1:22pm On Apr 05, 2012
lastpage: Av always wondered too, why every 'start-up' church always have like 90% women and just like two men (The pimping Pastor and his Drummer boy, which could be his son! shocked )
I hate to say it but its because women are the most crafty creature God ever created!

*They are mischievous yet act like they are gullible!
*They get carried away and are emotional yet they can be mean without bathing an eye-lid!
*They are strong yet pretend to be weak so as to shift responsibility for their problems and actions, unto another man!(Even the Bible called them "weaker vessel" yet they made "mugun" of the "stronger vessel" (man) that God created!) shocked

Going to church for a woman, is not entirely about going to worship God, you have to factor-in "Fashion-competition, Gossiping, treachery, back-biting, deceit, pretense, fake-plastic smiles, and as many "killing-me-softly tactics" as you can imagine!

Men dont get easily carried away by the "fancy-stuffs and abaracadabra" of another man like themselves!
Every man in church is probably thinking in his mind: Wetin dey do this one, you think say all this sense wey u dey use catch me at all?
Abeegi, finish this service and dont let me miss my Premiership football match grin grin grin

Lastpage!

Nice one.
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by harakiri(m): 1:24pm On Apr 05, 2012
pro01: They are ostensibly more religious for several reasons. Women love quick solutions to complex and not-so-complex problems, and since they're not particularly fond of thinking, planning or working their way through their (often self-inflicted) woes, they settle for the easier and more 'magical' option of religiosity. They always want the God that answereth by fire to answer to their every self-centred whim.

In addition, they also realise the huge deceptive power of appearing to be religious - especially in a country like Nigeria where they can easily deceive their way into a hapless man's house by pretending to be 'God fearing' and 'prayerful'. They know they can pull the wool over many people's eyes and get away with a multitude of sins without arousing suspicion by simply acting very religious.

There is also the 'social contagion ' aspect of it - which is pretty much the same for religiosity as it is with every other thing pertaining to women: if it is in vogue these days to seem religious, then they would also join the band-wagon. For instance, since all the society ladies and 'happening chicks' now flock to a certain 'trending' pastor for intensive prayer sessions, why would Madam Emi-Nor-wa-nbe be left out?

So there you have it. Women are more religious (in the most superficial sense of the word) for several reasons.

Everything the OP wants to know has been said here.
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by OilSubsidy: 1:45pm On Apr 05, 2012
Man woo woman, Woman fall!
Pastor woo woman, Woman fall!!
Holy Spirit woo woman, Woman fall!!!

Women will fall for anything and everything!!! grin
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by Sylverbox(m): 5:36pm On Apr 05, 2012
Religion they say is the opium of d masses. Women I guess need more opiate dan men. Plus dem sabi pretend well well pass men.
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by kanara: 10:15am On Apr 06, 2012
Busy body grin
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by emofine2(f): 11:55am On Apr 18, 2012
dalaman: Why are women more religious than men? I notice that women are generally more religious than men, why is that so?

Why are women more religious? hmm. . .

I have no idea if statistics reflects this but a few factors should be taken into consideration.

Women often volunteer for activities in the community of course that goes for religious activities - whether they actually have "belief" is another matter entirely - so some are very much involved in these associations.

Also in countries particularly ones which are "underdeveloped". . . women are not as educated as men or independent as men. Women from these backgrounds are usually either under their husband or parental governance . . . .if those households happened to be religious...then no doubt these women who are under another authority would most likely comply with those staple religions.
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by ea7(m): 1:13pm On Apr 18, 2012
you guys are being so sexist. Those who say women need a head ae part of the problem, you denigrate women and from birth condition them to need a guide then any woman that wants to break free is insulted and called feminazi or whatever. Nigerians are dumb.
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by Nobody: 11:28pm On Apr 18, 2012
ea7: you guys are being so sexist. Those who say women need a head ae part of the problem, you denigrate women and from birth condition them to need a guide then any woman that wants to break free is insulted and called feminazi or whatever. Nigerians are dumb.

I guess you're from Somalia. . .they're probably not so dumb; only dirt-poor, war-ravaged, and utterly clueless.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by ea7(m): 11:34pm On Apr 18, 2012
pro01:

I guess you're from Somalia. . .they're probably not so dumb; only dirt-poor, war-ravaged, and utterly clueless.
?. I meant many nigerians are dumb, and most humans are dumb. I am a nigerian.
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by Image123(m): 1:28am On Apr 19, 2012
ea7: ?. I meant many nigerians are dumb, and most humans are dumb. I am a nigerian.
you're not that smart BTW, just wanted to inform you on what many think of you.
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by ea7(m): 1:50am On Apr 19, 2012
Image123:
you're not that smart BTW, just wanted to inform you on what many think of you.
ooh you read minds now.
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by Image123(m): 12:57pm On Apr 19, 2012
ea7: ooh you read minds now.
One of my pastimes perhaps.
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by SoloKoree(m): 12:59pm On Sep 09, 2012
they could be more religious but are they more Godly sort of

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Does Prostrating Or Bowing By Way Of Greeting Come Under The Heading Of Shirk? / Why Did The Crowd Choose Barabbas Over Jesus? / Kindly Advise, Is Sports-betting A Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.