Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? (7073 Views)

Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? / Who Is More Religious: Christians Or Muslims? / Are Women More Religious than Men? Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by Afam4eva(m): 6:31pm On Apr 04, 2012
Maxymilliano: Intrinsically, women are more religious but same can't be said of the personality, which most times, is always in contrast with what they claim to believe.

It's same for most Nigerians.

Nigerian Christians don't practice what they hear in church. They speak in different tongues on sunday in church and fight and quarell in different in different styles from monday to saturday.
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by rman: 6:34pm On Apr 04, 2012
Well said

pro01: They are ostensibly more religious for several reasons. Women love quick solutions to complex and not-so-complex problems, and since they're not particularly fond of thinking, planning or working their way through their (often self-inflicted) woes, they settle for the easier and more 'magical' option of religiosity. They always want the God that answereth by fire to answer to their every self-centred whim.

In addition, they also realise the huge deceptive power of appearing to be religious - especially in a country like Nigeria where they can easily deceive their way into a hapless man's house by pretending to be 'God fearing' and 'prayerful'. They know they can pull the wool over many people's eyes and get away with a multitude of sins without arousing suspicion by simply acting very religious.

There is also the 'social contagion ' aspect of it - which is pretty much the same for religiosity as it is with every other thing pertaining to women: if it is in vogue these days to seem religious, then they would also join the band-wagon. For instance, since all the society ladies and 'happening chicks' now flock to a certain 'trending' pastor for intensive prayer sessions, why would Madam Emi-Nor-wa-nbe be left out?

So there you have it. Women are more religious (in the most superficial sense of the word) for several reasons.
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Apr 04, 2012
Phranckanny: OH no! To me women are the most wonderful creature created by the Almighty creator to creat an enabling environment for we men to connect with the creator more easily. They dont pretent at all, they are natural as described by the bible as "weaker vessel".

I dnt ave to say anything bad abt any woman cuz, my mum treated mye nicely, my sisters are a gud example, infact all the women i've ever met in my entire life here on earth made me so proud especially our Naija babes. They are religious nw the question is "wat is wrong abt being religious?"

God bless all the women in the whole wide world, frm my pretty beautiful mum, to the First lady of Nigeria and all the other women around the world. I say make God Bless unu wella. R u b b i s h!!!
LWTMTI(Laff Wan Turn Me To Im..be..cle). Chai, Nigerian(nairaland) men have gone haywire.
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by clemog: 6:48pm On Apr 04, 2012
Let me succintly tell you that women are not more religious than men. They only mostly the full time wives have time to partake in weekly activities than men. Cos men is responsible for the upkeep of the family.
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Apr 04, 2012
buzugee: where else do they have to showcase their latest outfits and hats ? but in church
Man u just hit da nail on da head there.
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by Ribaman(m): 7:55pm On Apr 04, 2012
The sexism on display here, beggars belief!!!!!!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Talk about excess testosterone!
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by silibaba: 7:55pm On Apr 04, 2012
pretendersssss embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by zhirinmai(m): 8:06pm On Apr 04, 2012
alowobaba: cos, prophet (pbuh) said woman will b more than man in hell fire... its in d holy quran ...
Where did you find the above in 'your' Qur'an? Please, always research well before you come here and mis-inform the lot of us.
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by zhirinmai(m): 8:07pm On Apr 04, 2012
alowobaba: cos, prophet (pbuh) said woman will b more than man in hell fire... its in d holy quran ...
Where did you find the above in 'your' Qur'an? Please, always research well before you come here and mis-inform the lot of us.[b][/b]
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by muyoto: 8:46pm On Apr 04, 2012
if by religious we mean church going, then yes, they are. you only need to take a look at attendance at various churches to confirm.

IF I could even use myself as example, I do recall my dad hardly went to church with the rest of us(mum + siblings), except perhaps on special occasions: Christmas, Easter, etc
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by brainchild78(m): 8:50pm On Apr 04, 2012
from a christian perspect 1 may as well assert that women are more religious than men taking into account that more are actively involved in church related activities. However, from an islamic standpoint it appears to be more male dominated.
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by dayokanu(m): 9:02pm On Apr 04, 2012
pro01: They are ostensibly more religious for several reasons. Women love quick solutions to complex and not-so-complex problems, and since they're not particularly fond of thinking, planning or working their way through their (often self-inflicted) woes, they settle for the easier and more 'magical' option of religiosity. They always want the God that answereth by fire to answer to their every self-centred whim.

In addition, they also realise the huge deceptive power of appearing to be religious - especially in a country like Nigeria where they can easily deceive their way into a hapless man's house by pretending to be 'God fearing' and 'prayerful'. They know they can pull the wool over many people's eyes and get away with a multitude of sins without arousing suspicion by simply acting very religious.

There is also the 'social contagion ' aspect of it - which is pretty much the same for religiosity as it is with every other thing pertaining to women: if it is in vogue these days to seem religious, then they would also join the band-wagon. For instance, since all the society ladies and 'happening chicks' now flock to a certain 'trending' pastor for intensive prayer sessions, why would Madam Emi-Nor-wa-nbe be left out?

So there you have it. Women are more religious (in the most superficial sense of the word) for several reasons.
Pro1 was on point.
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by Goshen360(m): 9:58pm On Apr 04, 2012
Am having fun.lol grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by passionate88: 10:26pm On Apr 04, 2012
Gud.me:
Because dey are hypocrite...sin 2day ask 4 forgiveness 2mrow

GOD BLESS
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by nell07(m): 10:53pm On Apr 04, 2012
well personally i think it is owed to a number of different but related factors.

U see, d truth is dat a big part of 'religion' is hinged on emotions, and who's more emotional than d typical woman?

Secondly, gullibility comes into play too.
Women are more easily convinced about the need for church attendance, even, when they are primarily not-so-good-girls. They re also more prone to flock around pastors, especially d ones that claim to have solutions to their problems. Whether it sounds logical or not. A man'll naturally think his problems thru and at least makes an attempt to towards its solution before surrendering it to anither (God in this case).
Whereas d typical woman has been conditioned to be primarily dependent on a man, (or God as d case may be). Most women, especially Nigerians, nothing but too-ready to transfer their needs n concerns to any other available head.

I followed my cousin to church one day, and when the prophet asked every1 to write wat they desire most. I didnt have a pen, so after a while i turned to borrow from d gal next to me, and my eyes couldnt help but noticed she almost filled a 'fullscap' sheet with requests.
Talk about oroblem transfer.
My eyes involuntarily scanned the number 1 request and it went thus...
''i want God to quickly give me a husband that will come and help solve my problems and my family's''....lmao! Not kiddin o.
Talk about absolute dependence.!
Na wa o!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by Excellent7(m): 11:21pm On Apr 04, 2012
Brilliant analysis by pro01 and nell07.
I am in agreement with their analysis !!!
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by Nobody: 11:30pm On Apr 04, 2012
@nell
WOW...sad that that's the mindset these desperate people get into marriage with.
"Solve my problems and my family's problems"? No wonder some dudes have no respect for their wives.

You gotta be complete & content in and of yourself before sharing it with someone else otherwise you will only be a parasite.
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by Image123(m): 11:44pm On Apr 04, 2012
@OP
Women more religious than men? Can you define that? Why then don't we have more female pastors than male?
Well if you're on to numbers, maybe it's got to do with the natural way God made them. Women naturally drift into seeking for headship, direction. They want/have to be under somebody. And they sure get that in religious leaders. Men don't have such time and make up.
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by logica(m): 1:25am On Apr 05, 2012
Because religion was created by women. See where all the fables they told their kids for the purpose of control have landed us, with the kids all grown up now but only physically grown. Still hanging on to the lies their mothers told them. Cradle to the grave, generation to generation, and so it carried on.
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by huncky: 2:26am On Apr 05, 2012
Yes women are cos they are more volatile to atacks and always on" wanting" side
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by Nobody: 5:35am On Apr 05, 2012
I have been thinking bout dis too coincidentally n nau I knw its generally because dey r more gullible and tend to put their emotions above anytin else in wat dey do,dey r the ones dat go to church more and sow their husbands properties and also removes their pant to lay with 'mog' if only he tells them that's the solution to their problems.I tnk the responsibility behoves on us men to he put dem in check though I knw its a herculean task too. I respect women btw n dnt mean ds as an insult, my sister once sew a phone my mum got her wen gsm js came out,js one of the things I mean.....smiley
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by lastpage: 6:15am On Apr 05, 2012
Av always wondered too, why every 'start-up' church always have like 90% women and just like two men (The pimping Pastor and his Drummer boy, which could be his son! shocked )
I hate to say it but its because women are the most crafty creature God ever created!

*They are mischievous yet act like they are gullible!
*They get carried away and are emotional yet they can be mean without bathing an eye-lid!
*They are strong yet pretend to be weak so as to shift responsibility for their problems and actions, unto another man!(Even the Bible called them "weaker vessel" yet they made "mugun" of the "stronger vessel" (man) that God created!) shocked

Going to church for a woman, is not entirely about going to worship God, you have to factor-in "Fashion-competition, Gossiping, treachery, back-biting, deceit, pretense, fake-plastic smiles, and as many "killing-me-softly tactics" as you can imagine!

Men dont get easily carried away by the "fancy-stuffs and abaracadabra" of another man like themselves!
Every man in church is probably thinking in his mind: Wetin dey do this one, you think say all this sense wey u dey use catch me at all?
Abeegi, finish this service and dont let me miss my Premiership football match grin grin grin

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by whosefault(f): 7:18am On Apr 05, 2012
woman do religion, men practice faith
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by Jay5000(m): 7:19am On Apr 05, 2012
dunno if they're more religious than men, but they're definitely more gullible..
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by emsquare(m): 7:46am On Apr 05, 2012
dalaman: Why are women more religious than men? I notice that women are generally more religious than men, why is that so?

Women brought sin to the world so they need to draw closer to God!

LOL!
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by Nobody: 8:51am On Apr 05, 2012
Jay5000: dunno if they're more religious than men, but they're definitely more gullible..

exactly my thoughts, its easier for pastors to work on their brain. M sure if there was a survey, the women would pay more offering than the men.
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by kaiwei: 8:56am On Apr 05, 2012
To me women are the most wonderful creature created by the Almighty creator to creat an enabling environment for we men to connect with the creator more easily.[img]http://www.filii.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by LogicMind: 9:21am On Apr 05, 2012
The diginified silence of women on this chauvinistic and sexist thread is overwhelming.
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by Nobody: 9:33am On Apr 05, 2012
Image123: @OP
Women more religious than men? Can you define that? Why then don't we have more female pastors than male?
Well if you're on to numbers, maybe it's got to do with the natural way God made them. Women naturally drift into seeking for headship, direction. They want/have to be under somebody. And they sure get that in religious leaders. Men don't have such time and make up.
Because men are more logical, leading and pastoring according to sentiments will be the downfall of any pastor. Look at the highest level female pastors in the world(Paula white, Juanita Bynum, Joyce Meyer), how many women can do what they do and run ministries as effectively. Don't also forget that this ministry thing is one time consuming engagement would you let your wife be a pastor?
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by Nobody: 9:37am On Apr 05, 2012
whosefault: woman do religion, men practice faith
QED.
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by chiozor: 12:49pm On Apr 05, 2012
women avoiding the thread is because they have nothing to say

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Does Prostrating Or Bowing By Way Of Greeting Come Under The Heading Of Shirk? / Why Did The Crowd Choose Barabbas Over Jesus? / Kindly Advise, Is Sports-betting A Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.