Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,228 members, 7,815,293 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

Let Us Celebrate - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Let Us Celebrate (10432 Views)

NASFAT Members Desert Their Homes To Celebrate Sallah In IDP Camp At Durumi Dist / Kaduna Muslims Celebrate Death Of Governor / Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let Us Celebrate by tpia5: 5:36pm On Apr 07, 2012
Madinat al Zahra Museum in Cordoba (Spain)

[img]http://a.images.blip.tv/STUDIOBANANA-MadinatAlZahra_StudioBananaTV207.jpg[/img]
Re: Let Us Celebrate by tpia5: 5:40pm On Apr 07, 2012
the Madinat al Zahra Museum in Cordoba, Spain. Situated in a palace city, the museum acts to display and interpret archeological findings from the tenth-century. The building, designed by Sobejano Architects, blends seamlessly into the site and the surrounding farmland: a series of rectangles composed of walls, patios and plantings which, taken together, seem more like a landscape than a building; something that would have to be experienced to be judged. Either way, it shows how the Islamic influence actually does spread beyond the Middle East, throughout history

http://www.architizer.com/en_us/blog/dyn/2794/khan-looks-east/
Re: Let Us Celebrate by maclatunji: 5:48pm On Apr 07, 2012
Tpia, those are really beautiful mosques.
Re: Let Us Celebrate by tpia5: 5:49pm On Apr 07, 2012
^yes, they are.
Re: Let Us Celebrate by Miroslavklose: 7:53pm On Apr 07, 2012
olawalebab: @deols, I don't understand that 'hmmm'. Okay, it's good to have managerial skills which MBA offer.
yes but u will do better by having a professional certification in mgt in addition to ur MBA. thats what i did. Im an assoiciate with Nigerian Institute of Management and bagged my MBA 4 years ago
Looking forward to seeing you soon.
Havent i warned u not to say these kinds of words to someone else's woman? u have the last warning
Re: Let Us Celebrate by olawalebabs(m): 7:58pm On Apr 07, 2012
^^^ Am a register member of NIM. The word you said am using is totally harmless and with the purest of intention. So, I have nothing to fear.
Re: Let Us Celebrate by Miroslavklose: 7:59pm On Apr 07, 2012
deols:

he sounds truly like toba but toba cant be claiming atheism except that he is bipolar undecided undecided
I have somethings incommon with the dude. Im a closet atheist, but he's a theist.

I used to be a muslim though

MBA? thats a good thing. would like to have one too, someday smiley
good. u'll be glad if u got it
Re: Let Us Celebrate by Miroslavklose: 8:09pm On Apr 07, 2012
deols: lets start from home as suggested by tpia

right now, I wish I have architectural jargons to describe this mosque. I love it and if You've been there, You can just help me out.
what u attached above is a pic of Abuja National mosque. Once u get to Abuja, thereos a place called central area. There u'll find National church and National mosque enjoying proximity. It looks like an architectural master piece
Re: Let Us Celebrate by Miroslavklose: 8:15pm On Apr 07, 2012
olawalebab: ^^^ Am a register member of NIM.
Nope sir. U are not a full member of NIM yet if u passed the NIM/NYSC partnership exam. Thats stage 1 in becoming a full member

The word you said am using is totally harmless and with the purest of intention. So, I have nothing to fear.
Im just getting to know most of u folks in this section. If ur intention is pure, i accept.

oya come hug me kiss
Re: Let Us Celebrate by Miroslavklose: 8:31pm On Apr 07, 2012
bhusayor:

Awwwww..i like this building! I dint even think it was a nigerian mosque initially. The last time I entered a 'decent' mosque was months ago when I went for jumat at UCH.

I like the view of the arisekola mosque located in IB too, though I've never been so close to it.

*no pictures to attach*
Never say Never. Anything is possible under the sun
Re: Let Us Celebrate by deols(f): 8:47pm On Apr 07, 2012
IbroSaunks: hi deols, iv been surviving oh. how's ur anaemia? I hope it's nothing serious?

hi. am fine..pretty good now. thanks for asking

IbroSaunks: I want to ask, since we are talking about Islamic architecture. is it true that nothing can fly over the ka'bah? in a thread someone posted that even birds only fly around it, and never over it. so can anyone confirm?

I donno about that .
Re: Let Us Celebrate by deols(f): 8:57pm On Apr 07, 2012
bhusayor:
Awwwww..i like this building! I dint even think it was a nigerian mosque initially. The last time I entered a 'decent' mosque was months ago when I went for jumat at UCH.

I like the view of the arisekola mosque located in IB too, though I've never been so close to it.

*no pictures to attach*

There are many 'decent' msques in badan o. I agree UCH mosque is it but UI mosque is cool too. Arisekola mosque is beautiful from inside out. Mufulaninhun mosque has been left uncompleted for too long. It would have been a very nice one too. There's a mosque close to housing estate, new bodija, modelled after the old kent road mosque in london. it isnt completed yet but is a prospective beau. Oja oba central mosque is a monument but they need to build for it toilets. It is mostly used by the locals and located in the city. I mean, found among the running splash of rust and gold...
Re: Let Us Celebrate by deols(f): 9:04pm On Apr 07, 2012
this is oja oba central mosque, Ibadan. I took the picture with my obviously bad camera phone about two years ago. It has four floors as seen in the picture.It has a basement that serves the women. It also has a hall and a vast compound where several events take place.

*my parents had their wedding there* wink smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Let Us Celebrate by olawalebabs(m): 9:09pm On Apr 07, 2012
You guys should take a walk up north, and you'll appreciate beautiful mosque. Starting from KD, Kano up to maiduguri you'll appreciate beautiful mosque. Will try and post pics later.
Re: Let Us Celebrate by deols(f): 9:14pm On Apr 07, 2012
and this is UI mosque..

Re: Let Us Celebrate by tpia5: 9:21pm On Apr 07, 2012
Emir's palace Walls, Gashua, Yobe state

Re: Let Us Celebrate by tpia5: 9:28pm On Apr 07, 2012
not sure where this is:

Re: Let Us Celebrate by deols(f): 9:37pm On Apr 07, 2012
@tpia, I love those pictures from the North. sometimes am very conservative and such things are just marvelous to me. more like them--

the first is in indonesia and the other, mali

Re: Let Us Celebrate by deols(f): 9:45pm On Apr 07, 2012
the bangladeshi mosque and cordoba museum are just wow! amazing!

@tpia, why do you think the museum fits here. I thought it is a mosque. I'd like to see it anyway
Re: Let Us Celebrate by deols(f): 9:52pm On Apr 07, 2012
Miroslav klose: I have somethings incommon with the dude. Im a closet atheist, but he's a theist.

I see nothing common in those.

I used to be a muslim though
too bad you stopped beiing one. would like to have a conversation with you someday, here on NL

good. u'll be glad if u got it

hopefully smiley

Miroslav klose:
what u attached above is a pic of Abuja National mosque. Once u get to Abuja, thereos a place called central area. There u'll find National church and National mosque enjoying proximity. It looks like an architectural master piece
I have been there o jare. twice for that matter as a grown up but no one pointed the church to me. I didnt see them as you described. the mosque is super cool and there were many tourists around--wonder what they were looking for..lol
Re: Let Us Celebrate by tpia5: 9:55pm On Apr 07, 2012
tpia, why do you think the museum fits here

^^the museum was built to showcase archeological findings from a 10th century Islamic palace and site in Cordoba, Spain. It incorporates the principles of Islamic architecture into it's design.

More info on it's concept and background:

Medina Azahara (Arabic: المدينهُ الزهراء‎ Madīnat az-Zahrā, meaning "brilliant town", "beautiful town", or "the town of Zahra" ) is the ruins of a vast, fortified Arab Muslim medieval palace-city built by Abd-ar-Rahman III al-Nasir, (912–961) Ummayad Caliph of Córdoba, and located on the western outskirts of Córdoba, Spain. It was an Arab Muslim medieval town and the de-facto capital of al-Andalus, or Muslim Spain, as the heart of the administration and government was within its walls. Built beginning in 936-940, the city included ceremonial reception halls, mosques, administrative and government offices, gardens, a mint, workshops, barracks, residences, and baths. Water was supplied through aqueducts.[1]

The main reason for its construction was politico-ideological: the dignity of the Caliph required the establishment of a new city, a symbol of his power, imitating other Eastern Caliphates. Above all, it demonstrated his superiority over his great rivals, the Fatimids of Ifriqiya in Northern Africa.[citation needed] Legend also says it was built as a tribute to the favourite of the Caliph: Azahara

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medina_Azahara

the archeological site in question, is right beside the museum and I believe findings from the site are taken directly there for analysis and display.
Re: Let Us Celebrate by tpia5: 10:01pm On Apr 07, 2012
I love those pictures from the North.

i think the drier air of the north might be one of the reasons why their ancient buildings are better preserved, thus allowing for the transferring of basic design principles, across generations and also enabling them to better incorporate ancient designs with a modern touch, or into modern buildings.

the atmosphere down south is wetter and more moisture-laden and this might make it a bit more diificult to preserve grand structures from olden days.
Re: Let Us Celebrate by deols(f): 10:03pm On Apr 07, 2012
tpia@:

^^the museum was built to showcase archeological findings from a 10th century Islamic palace and site in Cordoba, Spain. It incorporates the principles of Islamic architecture into it's design.

More info on it's concept and background:

Medina Azahara (Arabic: المدينهُ الزهراء‎ Madīnat az-Zahrā, meaning "brilliant town", "beautiful town", or "the town of Zahra" ) is the ruins of a vast, fortified Arab Muslim medieval palace-city built by Abd-ar-Rahman III al-Nasir, (912–961) Ummayad Caliph of Córdoba, and located on the western outskirts of Córdoba, Spain. It was an Arab Muslim medieval town and the de-facto capital of al-Andalus, or Muslim Spain, as the heart of the administration and government was within its walls. Built beginning in 936-940, the city included ceremonial reception halls, mosques, administrative and government offices, gardens, a mint, workshops, barracks, residences, and baths. Water was supplied through aqueducts.[1]

The main reason for its construction was politico-ideological: the dignity of the Caliph required the establishment of a new city, a symbol of his power, imitating other Eastern Caliphates. Above all, it demonstrated his superiority over his great rivals, the Fatimids of Ifriqiya in Northern Africa.[citation needed] Legend also says it was built as a tribute to the favourite of the Caliph: Azahara

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medina_Azahara

the archeological site in question, is right beside the museum and I believe findings from the site are taken directly there for analysis and display.

thanks for that. the history's as beautiful as the building
Re: Let Us Celebrate by tpia5: 10:11pm On Apr 07, 2012
Wadi Hanifa Wetlands, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

Re: Let Us Celebrate by tpia5: 10:13pm On Apr 07, 2012
dayabumi complex, malaysia

Re: Let Us Celebrate by tpia5: 10:21pm On Apr 07, 2012
Re: Let Us Celebrate by maclatunji: 10:23pm On Apr 07, 2012
Tpia can I be your student?
Re: Let Us Celebrate by maclatunji: 10:24pm On Apr 07, 2012
Doha is in Qatar.
Re: Let Us Celebrate by deols(f): 10:28pm On Apr 07, 2012
Doha is the capital of Qata
Re: Let Us Celebrate by deols(f): 10:31pm On Apr 07, 2012
Doha is the capital of Qatar
Re: Let Us Celebrate by Miroslavklose: 10:53pm On Apr 07, 2012
deols hope u arent gonna preach to me about religion if we do have a chat here.

U can tell me about your God/Allah but not about religion.

BTw, just went throught ur profile pix, u look cute wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

On Zakatul Fitr / COVID-19: Ruling On Praying With Gaps In The Rows For Fear Of Catching The Virus / How To Be A VIP On The Day Of Judgement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.