Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Let Us Celebrate - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Let Us Celebrate (10429 Views)

NASFAT Members Desert Their Homes To Celebrate Sallah In IDP Camp At Durumi Dist / Kaduna Muslims Celebrate Death Of Governor / Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let Us Celebrate by maclatunji: 10:22am On Apr 09, 2012
olawalebab: try and get any of his 'play' and you'll understand what we are talking about the flavour in his ajanosi voice.

I doubt that will happen,I browse the internet, listen to the radio, watch TV- that's about it! Let's leave his topic for now.
Re: Let Us Celebrate by maclatunji: 10:33am On Apr 09, 2012
The Blue Mosque (Sultan Ahmed Mosque) Istanbul

The Sultan Ahmed Mosque (Turkish: Sultanahmet Camii) is a historical mosque in Istanbul, the largest city in Turkey and the capital of the Ottoman Empire (from 1453 to 1923). The mosque is popularly known as the Blue Mosque for the blue tiles adorning the walls of its interior.

It was built from 1609 to 1616, during the rule of Ahmed I. Like many other mosques, it also comprises a tomb of the founder, a madrasah and a hospice. While still used as a mosque, the Sultan Ahmed Mosque has also become a popular tourist attraction.

Pope Benedict XVI's visit and silent meditation

Pope Benedict XVI visited the Sultan Ahmed Mosque on 30 November 2006 during his visit to Turkey. It marks only the second papal visit in history to a Muslim place of worship. Having removed his shoes, the Pope paused for a full two minutes, eyes closed in silent meditation,[7] standing side by side with Mustafa Çağrıcı, the Mufti of Istanbul, and Emrullah Hatipoğlu, the Imam of the Blue Mosque.[8]

The pope “thanked divine Providence for this” and said, “May all believers identify themselves with the one God and bear witness to true brotherhood.” The pontiff augured that Turkey “will be a bridge of friendship and collaboration between East and West”, and he thanked the Turkish people “for the cordiality and sympathy” they showed him throughout his stay, saying, “he felt loved and understood.”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sultan_Ahmed_Mosque

The Catholic leadership know the truth of Islam but hide it to retain the power and prestige that they have over their followers.

Re: Let Us Celebrate by maclatunji: 10:34am On Apr 09, 2012
^ This is my favourite mosque outside the top 3. I hope to be able to visit all of them in the future.
Re: Let Us Celebrate by tpia5: 8:19pm On Apr 09, 2012
^nice.

it looks strangely surreal, with the lighting.
Re: Let Us Celebrate by tpia5: 8:19pm On Apr 09, 2012
dubai

Re: Let Us Celebrate by tpia5: 8:20pm On Apr 09, 2012
not sure where this is

Re: Let Us Celebrate by tpia5: 8:33pm On Apr 09, 2012
Masjid Istiqlal, Jakarta indonesia

Re: Let Us Celebrate by tpia5: 8:37pm On Apr 09, 2012

Re: Let Us Celebrate by tpia5: 8:41pm On Apr 09, 2012
9th century mosque in irag

Re: Let Us Celebrate by tpia5: 8:47pm On Apr 09, 2012
Re: Let Us Celebrate by Nobody: 6:44pm On Apr 10, 2012
tpia@:

u meant iraq. right?
Re: Let Us Celebrate by deols(f): 10:05pm On Apr 10, 2012
tpia@:

I have been looking for a picture of this mosque. mashaAllah. I wonder if they pray on the inside

there's more than one blue mosque.the one below is in Afghanistan...

Re: Let Us Celebrate by deols(f): 10:33pm On Apr 10, 2012
sino:
The national mosque is an architectural masterpiece, a magnificient edifice and a superstructural beauty. First time i was in it was mesmerizing, the beauty was astonishing. The mosque big no be small. One thing i noticed was that you are not allowed to sleep in it, i guess for the mosque not to be messed up, cos i observed the fajr prayer then tried to relax and view the mosque from another angle, when a mallam told me not to, i tried to play lagos boy looked for another location, a very far away place only to be disturbed again by the same mallam yelling in hausa lol.

thanks for those words wink

I dont think they have a good excuse for not allowing people sleep in the mosque. the mosque in Islam has more functions than to just be a place of worship.

and btw, why do u lagos people think u can always have ur way?? Guess the man did it a mallam's way..lol
Re: Let Us Celebrate by deols(f): 10:37pm On Apr 10, 2012
sino:
Buhari omo musa is a comedian and business man, but his ajanosis are good sha.
never heard of baba Ayede, maybe cos i live in lagos. You do agree that they make events lively and it is an art worth celebrating?

yes, I agree it is an art worth celebrating. I enjoy listening to them. There's a guy I listened to at an event in Ilorin sometime ago. The good thing about his recitation is his good tajweed. MashaAllah, a combination of the local one in a very modern style got me tripping(hmmn, astaghfirullah!!!!)
Re: Let Us Celebrate by deols(f): 10:40pm On Apr 10, 2012
bntY: oops!.just assumed u ll know ,sorry.Ignore d question then. For info sake sha, KBC is knowledge builder course. A session is currently on in Ikeja now. DCL-deen communication ltd.publishers of an-naseehah & legacy magazines.
b.t.w. Who tagged me sis? cool

you cant possibly be a bro nah. u are a sis jor wink wink
Re: Let Us Celebrate by maclatunji: 8:47am On Apr 11, 2012
deols:

I dont think they have a good excuse for not allowing people sleep in the mosque. the mosque in Islam has more functions than to just be a place of worship.

and btw, why do u lagos people think u can always have ur way?? Guess the man did it a mallam's way..lol

Let us put it this way: Not every person that comes to the mosque does so for 'holy reasons'. Preventing people from sleeping at the mosque is very sensible especially within the Nigerian context and I am not even talking about terrorism here.
Re: Let Us Celebrate by sino(m): 12:54pm On Apr 11, 2012
deols:

You are welcome cool
deols:

I do agree with you, but you know we nigerians na, now generally speaking, most nigerians take public places for granted, if left unchecked, people will misuse it and its going to be a sorry sight, a national mosque for that matter!
deols:

Lol, cos lagos peeps are super cool gringringrin
Re: Let Us Celebrate by sino(m): 12:59pm On Apr 11, 2012
deols:

yes, I agree it is an art worth celebrating. I enjoy listening to them. There's a guy I listened to at an event in Ilorin sometime ago. The good thing about his recitation is his good tajweed. MashaAllah, a combination of the local one in a very modern style got me tripping(hmmn, astaghfirullah!!!!)
lipsrsealedlipsrsealedlipsrsealed lol
Re: Let Us Celebrate by olawalebabs(m): 1:38pm On Apr 11, 2012
I have not seen any picture of the new Ilorin, Omupo and Offa central mosque. They are all masterpiece.
Re: Let Us Celebrate by Nobody: 6:52pm On Apr 11, 2012
Nice pixs from tpia
Re: Let Us Celebrate by IbroSaunks(m): 7:50pm On Apr 11, 2012
bntY: mac,have u heard of KBC organized by DCL?hav u attended any?if yes i'd like to know ur opinion abt it.i ask u cos u r a lagosian.any lagosian too may answer.

KBC.....organized by deen communications...I haven't attended 1 in like 5 years...where do they hold it now?
Re: Let Us Celebrate by deols(f): 3:13pm On Apr 12, 2012
donno where this is, nor the name it bears BUT, I know it is a sight to behold

Re: Let Us Celebrate by deols(f): 3:25pm On Apr 12, 2012
crystal mosque, malaysia.

[img] http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/85819/85819,1270187967,9/stock-photo-crystal-mosque-or-masjid-kristal-in-kuala-terengganu-terengganu-malaysia-asia-50068576.jpg[/img]

[img]http://1.bp..com/_dQsqiYliMjg/TNT8-wE7tlI/AAAAAAAAANw/LRbuN_7zDcA/s1600/CSC_0305.JPG[/img]

Re: Let Us Celebrate by maclatunji: 3:33pm On Apr 12, 2012
^Its very beautiful, although I would like to think they have at least one bigger mosque in Malaysia. I would be disappointed if they don't.
Re: Let Us Celebrate by olawalebabs(m): 4:25pm On Apr 12, 2012
MOD, what is happening, why hidden some post?
Re: Let Us Celebrate by Nobody: 4:38pm On Apr 12, 2012
olawalebab: MOD, what is happening, why hidden some post?
because ..../.....................
Re: Let Us Celebrate by maclatunji: 5:18pm On Apr 12, 2012
olawalebab: MOD, what is happening, why hidden some post?

Why are you questioning the moderator? Don't you trust his judgement.tonguecheesy

Seriously, someone here was being naughty. The person should behave.
Re: Let Us Celebrate by olawalebabs(m): 5:57pm On Apr 12, 2012
maclatunji:

Why are you questioning the moderator? Don't you trust his judgement.tonguecheesy

hmmm, Just being curious
Re: Let Us Celebrate by Nobody: 7:16pm On Apr 12, 2012
maclatunji:

what are u saying young man?

1 Like

Re: Let Us Celebrate by emofine2(f): 9:49am On Apr 14, 2012
Oh my goodness I can't believe I actually missed this thread embarassed

I probably wouldn't have created the Islamic Art's thread if I visited here sooner embarassed

By the way I love that 90th century Iraq Mosque but that Malaysian crytsal Mosque kinda looks disney fairytale-ish tongue
Re: Let Us Celebrate by emofine2(f): 9:52am On Apr 14, 2012
By the way since this is a celebration of the Arts thread . . .what about Islamic Literature?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

On Zakatul Fitr / COVID-19: Ruling On Praying With Gaps In The Rows For Fear Of Catching The Virus / How To Be A VIP On The Day Of Judgement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.