Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,983 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Let Us Celebrate - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Let Us Celebrate (10430 Views)

NASFAT Members Desert Their Homes To Celebrate Sallah In IDP Camp At Durumi Dist / Kaduna Muslims Celebrate Death Of Governor / Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let Us Celebrate by olawalebabs(m): 3:08am On Apr 08, 2012
^^^ saying that to somebody wife! (payback time)
Re: Let Us Celebrate by IbroSaunks(m): 10:18am On Apr 08, 2012
so no 1 knows the answer to my question?? cry
Re: Let Us Celebrate by sino(m): 1:51pm On Apr 08, 2012
deols: On this thread, let us celebrate Islamic/ Muslim art and architecture. Along the way, we can discuss certain things pertaining to the objects of interest.

this thread is not to be a serious one. just enjoy!!!!!!

would be back. . .InshaALlah

Ok, lets celebrate.
The topic is quite wide as stated by some peeps earlier, then permit me to invent my own ideas.
This might sound crazy, but truly, i believe its an art or an islamic/muslim art.
The art of the ajanosi cool(dont know the best way to translate but i guess backup lecturer or reciter will do).
You have to be gifted to be able to perform this art, it takes several years of study and training. It is most common(best to my knowledge) practice amongst the yoruba speaking muslims. There are two major voice types or tonality employed by these artists. they are known as the adabiy and the morkasi, both named as such after two madrasats founded by 2 sheiks, sheikh Adam Al-Illori and Sheikh Qamardeen(cant remember their full names) who were very well known and respected across the country.
At differnt events and occassions, you cant help but notice their presence, their sonorous voice and style are so unique when reciting the quran or mahfuzat, they make lectures more interesting and give you a feel to the meaning of what is being recited, they carry their listners along especially when getting to the end of a verse. I personally enjoy them more in the month of ramadhan when public lectures are very rampant.
Re: Let Us Celebrate by maclatunji: 2:23pm On Apr 08, 2012
^I am sorry if I sound a bit hostile but sometimes these guys waste time especially when such lectures are broadcast on Television. Imagine some lecturers have several reciters (Ajanosi) and each one keeps repeating the same verse that the lecturer is referencing or interpreting at any point in time. You might not realise it but the opportunity to speak concisely on various subjects that will truly have an impact on the audience is lost thereby.

The art of Ajanosi needs serious reformation in my humble opinion.
Re: Let Us Celebrate by bntY: 2:31pm On Apr 08, 2012
@sino,yes they are sonorous but they waste precious time.most of the time u leave the venue not remembering the lecture theme but d tune of the verse quoted keeps resonating in ur head.
Re: Let Us Celebrate by Miroslavklose: 3:23pm On Apr 08, 2012
olawalebab: ^^^ saying that to somebody wife! (payback time)
swt potato.

I only gave a complimentary shot
IbroSaunks: so no 1 knows the answer to my question?? cry
kindly repeat the question, let me try to ans it
Re: Let Us Celebrate by sino(m): 3:50pm On Apr 08, 2012
@maclatunji, yeah i agree with you that they do need reformation so as to curtail their excesses, i believe some scholars have been able to manage them properly. But all in all, they do bring beauty and style to public events.cool

@bnty, isnt it a good thing that people remember the verse? From that they could easily remember the details of the lecture na. They are really cool, but wouldnt support their excesses sha.

1 Like

Re: Let Us Celebrate by deols(f): 5:06pm On Apr 08, 2012
Miroslav klose: deols hope u arent gonna preach to me about religion if we do have a chat here.

U can tell me about your God/Allah but not about religion.

God and religion go hand in hand. You can tell me when I cross d line though for I'd like to respect your wish.

BTw, just went throught ur profile pix, u look cute wink

thanks wink smiley smiley cheesy cheesy
Re: Let Us Celebrate by deols(f): 5:09pm On Apr 08, 2012
sino:

Ok, lets celebrate.
The topic is quite wide as stated by some peeps earlier, then permit me to invent my own ideas.
This might sound crazy, but truly, i believe its an art or an islamic/muslim art.
The art of the ajanosi cool(dont know the best way to translate but i guess backup lecturer or reciter will do).
You have to be givted to be able to perform this art, it takes several years of study and training. It is most common(best to my knowledge) practice amongst the yoruba speaking muslims. There are two major voice types or tonality employed by these artists. they are known as the adabiy and the morkasi, both named as such after two madrasats founded by 2 sheiks, sheikh Adam Al-Illori and Sheikh Qamardeen(cant remember their full names) who were very well known and respected across the country.
At differnt events and occassions, you cant help but notice their presence, their sonorous voice and style are so unique when reciting the quran or mahfuzat, they make lectures more interesting and give you a feel to the meaning of what is being recited, they carry their listners along especially when getting to the end of a verse. I personally enjoy them more in the month of ramadhan when public lectures are very rampant.

I also enjoy the ajanosis o. but they waste time truly. ANd I really am not a fan of buhari omo Musa and his likes especially now that they've gone commercial. My favorite of the old peeps is baba Ayede. People who live in Ibadan should know him. He speaks more of the stories of the prophets in ramadan.
Re: Let Us Celebrate by Miroslavklose: 5:30pm On Apr 08, 2012
deols:

God and religion go hand in hand. You can tell me when I cross d line though for I'd like to respect your wish.

Not necessarily. Religion and the religious are the cause of Boko haram. U can worship ur God without being religious(dogmatic)

thanks wink smiley smiley cheesy cheesy
u're welcome
Re: Let Us Celebrate by deols(f): 5:37pm On Apr 08, 2012
Fatima mosque, Kuwait

you can watch a 3D view of the mosque here. [url]http://www.3dmekanlar.com/en/kuwait-fatima-mosque.html [/url]

you can even download images and use them as wall papers..enjoy!!

Re: Let Us Celebrate by deols(f): 6:03pm On Apr 08, 2012
this is spectacular! wow!

Re: Let Us Celebrate by maclatunji: 6:34pm On Apr 08, 2012
^Where is this?
Re: Let Us Celebrate by sino(m): 6:35pm On Apr 08, 2012
deols:

I also enjoy the ajanosis o. but they waste time truly. ANd I really am not a fan of buhari omo Musa and his likes especially now that they've gone commercial. My favorite of the old peeps is baba Ayede. People who live in Ibadan should know him. He speaks more of the stories of the prophets in ramadan.
Buhari omo musa is a comedian and business man, but his ajanosis are good sha.
never heard of baba Ayede, maybe cos i live in lagos. You do agree that they make events lively and it is an art worth celebrating?
Re: Let Us Celebrate by olawalebabs(m): 6:43pm On Apr 08, 2012
Ajanosi add the flavour to waasi. Buhari said he has his target audience that's why he's preaching that way. (though i don't support his style)
Re: Let Us Celebrate by maclatunji: 6:54pm On Apr 08, 2012
olawalebab: Ajanosi add the flavour to waasi. Buhari said he has his target audience that's why he's preaching that way. (though i don't support his style)

People keep on talking about this guy. I don't think I have ever heard any of his lectures though.
Re: Let Us Celebrate by sino(m): 6:56pm On Apr 08, 2012
deols: lets start from home as suggested by tpia

right now, I wish I have architectural jargons to describe this mosque. I love it and if You've been there, You can just help me out.
The national mosque is an architectural masterpiece, a magnificient edifice and a superstructural beauty. First time i was in it was mesmerizing, the beauty was astonishing. The mosque big no be small. One thing i noticed was that you are not allowed to sleep in it, i guess for the mosque not to be messed up, cos i observed the fajr prayer then tried to relax and view the mosque from another angle, when a mallam told me not to, i tried to play lagos boy looked for another location, a very far away place only to be disturbed again by the same mallam yelling in hausa lol.
Re: Let Us Celebrate by Nobody: 7:32pm On Apr 08, 2012
olawalebab: Ajanosi add the flavour to waasi. Buhari said he has his target audience that's why he's preaching that way. (though i don't support his style)
at times when i listen to those sermon on TV, the ajanosi can be nuisance with intermitten interruptions
Re: Let Us Celebrate by sino(m): 7:55pm On Apr 08, 2012
olawalebab: Ajanosi add the flavour to waasi.
On point bro
olawalebab:
Buhari said he has his target audience that's why he's preaching that way. (though i don't support his style)
Even with that he goes overboard. I listen to him for pure entertaiment and nothing more.
Re: Let Us Celebrate by maclatunji: 8:16pm On Apr 08, 2012
Abeg what kind of flavour does Ajanosi add? Is it vanilla, strawberry, chocolate or curry? Are lectures supposed to be flavoured? If I want to go for a concert, I should know I am going for a concert and if it is a lecture I am attending, it should be just that.
Re: Let Us Celebrate by olawalebabs(m): 9:24pm On Apr 08, 2012
maclatunji:

People keep on talking about this guy. I don't think I have ever heard any of his lectures though.
where are you staying.
toba: at times when i listen to those sermon on TV, the ajanosi can be nuisance with intermitten interruptions
maclatunji:

where are you staying.
Re: Let Us Celebrate by olawalebabs(m): 9:26pm On Apr 08, 2012
maclatunji: Abeg what kind of flavour does Ajanosi add? Is it vanilla, strawberry, chocolate or curry? Are lectures supposed to be flavoured? If I want to go for a concert, I should know I am going for a concert and if it is a lecture I am attending, it should be just that.
there's nothing bad if sermon is a little bit 'entertaining' once, the message is not lost. I've no problem with that.
Re: Let Us Celebrate by Nobody: 9:38pm On Apr 08, 2012
olawalebab: there's nothing bad if sermon is a little bit 'entertaining' once, the message is not lost. I've no problem with that.
the so called entertainment during the word of God is a distraction and BS
Re: Let Us Celebrate by maclatunji: 10:20pm On Apr 08, 2012
@Olawalebab, I stay in Lagos.
Re: Let Us Celebrate by bntY: 8:05am On Apr 09, 2012
mac,have u heard of KBC organized by DCL?hav u attended any?if yes i'd like to know ur opinion abt it.i ask u cos u r a lagosian.any lagosian too may answer.
Re: Let Us Celebrate by maclatunji: 8:48am On Apr 09, 2012
bntY: mac,have u heard of KBC organized by DCL?hav u attended any?if yes i'd like to know ur opinion abt it.i ask u cos u r a lagosian.any lagosian too may answer.

Sister, what is 'KBC' and 'DCL'? smiley
Re: Let Us Celebrate by bntY: 9:30am On Apr 09, 2012
oops!.just assumed u ll know ,sorry.Ignore d question then. For info sake sha, KBC is knowledge builder course. A session is currently on in Ikeja now. DCL-deen communication ltd.publishers of an-naseehah & legacy magazines.
b.t.w. Who tagged me sis? cool
Re: Let Us Celebrate by maclatunji: 9:42am On Apr 09, 2012
^Sorry if you are a man. No, I don't attend those events. I am very much a recluse, if not for Salat and Jumat. I could stay at home for weeks without coming out. It is Islamic teachings that have reduced my reclusiveness.
Re: Let Us Celebrate by olawalebabs(m): 9:55am On Apr 09, 2012
maclatunji: @Olawalebab, I stay in Lagos.
You ought to know him better,Lagos is one of his major market.
Re: Let Us Celebrate by maclatunji: 9:57am On Apr 09, 2012
olawalebab:
You ought to know him better,Lagos is one of his major market.

Maybe, I don't know him because I am a recluse.
Re: Let Us Celebrate by olawalebabs(m): 10:13am On Apr 09, 2012
maclatunji:

Maybe, I don't know him because I am a recluse.
try and get any of his 'play' and you'll understand what we are talking about the flavour in his ajanosi voice.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

On Zakatul Fitr / COVID-19: Ruling On Praying With Gaps In The Rows For Fear Of Catching The Virus / How To Be A VIP On The Day Of Judgement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.