Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,388 members, 7,836,562 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

Please Vote To Choose The Leaders Of Egbe Omo Odua On NL - Yorubas Only! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Please Vote To Choose The Leaders Of Egbe Omo Odua On NL - Yorubas Only! (7043 Views)

Poll: Choose your Yoruba leader on Nairaland

Negro_ntns: 15% (16 votes)
Katsumoto: 28% (30 votes)
Ekt_bear: 11% (12 votes)
Dayokanu: 36% (38 votes)
Eko_ile: 7% (8 votes)
This poll has ended

Buhari Has Scrapped Security Vote To Top Federal Officials / To Those That Say Yorubas Only Vote Their Own / Eg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Vote To Choose The Leaders Of Egbe Omo Odua On NL - Yorubas Only! by AndreUweh(m): 8:20pm On Apr 06, 2012
The Yorubas will be dead politically if DayoKanu is elected Eze or Oba of nairaland Yoruba race. What does Dayo contribute here?. Nothing but Igbo this and that. Has he started any topic to uplift the Yoruba nation here. How can a war monger be chosen to lead this great race. This is shameful. Nairaland has a lot of people endowed with intelligence and brilliance. For example Jarus.
Jarus is a bridge builder. He has spent a lot of time with easterners, understands the easterners more than any nairaland Yoruba. He served in Hausaland and understands the Hausa-Fulanis and above all, he is a proud Yoruba.
Wise people of Yorubaland, apply your wisdom here.
Re: Please Vote To Choose The Leaders Of Egbe Omo Odua On NL - Yorubas Only! by Nobody: 8:24pm On Apr 06, 2012
Logic Mind: dayokanu, a fulani sounding name is winning the Yoruba leadership contest. slave mentality follow them reach nl.

holy geez! no wonder you square headed okoros are so dumb! dayo. . . .fulani? kanu (your own okoro name). . . .fulani?
Re: Please Vote To Choose The Leaders Of Egbe Omo Odua On NL - Yorubas Only! by Afam4eva(m): 8:27pm On Apr 06, 2012
Andre Uweh: The Yorubas will be dead politically if DayoKanu is elected Eze or Oba of nairaland Yoruba race. What does Dayo contribute here?. Nothing but Igbo this and that. Has he started any topic to uplift the Yoruba nation here. How can a war monger be chosen to lead this great race. This is shameful. Nairaland has a lot of people endowed with intelligence and brilliance. For example Jarus.
Jarus is a bridge builder. He has spent a lot of time with easterners, understands the easterners more than any nairaland Yoruba. He served in Hausaland and understands the Hausa-Fulanis and above all, he is a proud Yoruba.
Wise people of Yorubaland, apply your wisdom here.

That's their choice. each to his own. If they like they can nominate ekoile.
Re: Please Vote To Choose The Leaders Of Egbe Omo Odua On NL - Yorubas Only! by Nobody: 8:27pm On Apr 06, 2012
Onlytruth: I voted for Negro_ntns cool
He is the only one on that list intelligent, informed and rounded enough to represent Yoruba properly on this forum.
He has his faults, but he is the only one who has demonstrated an ability to reform and recreate himself as he goes on here. He is also a potential bridge builder.
Others are either too aloof (Ekt_bear), or too stoopid (Eko-ole), or too set in revisionism, smooth hate and dishonesty (Katsumoto), or too moronic, goofy and idiotic (dayogoat). cool

Even this armchair plastic king is voting for another armchair plastic oba.

grin grin grin

LOL!!! This is what happens when ppl have nothing else to do offline.
Re: Please Vote To Choose The Leaders Of Egbe Omo Odua On NL - Yorubas Only! by Beaf: 8:32pm On Apr 06, 2012
strangerf:

Get a JOB! Dayokanu has nothing to do with it. A lot of people admire DK's courage and leadership on this forum, and they will come out to support him whenever it calls for it.

You mean a lot of people value worthlessness?

Comedy! grin
Re: Please Vote To Choose The Leaders Of Egbe Omo Odua On NL - Yorubas Only! by AndreUweh(m): 8:32pm On Apr 06, 2012
afam4eva:

That's their choice. each to his own. If they like they can nominate ekoile.
I have to warn them before they go astray. He has got nothing to offer the Yoruba nation other than bigotry.
Re: Please Vote To Choose The Leaders Of Egbe Omo Odua On NL - Yorubas Only! by Jarus(m): 8:40pm On Apr 06, 2012
Andre Uweh, I'm humbled by your vote of confidence.

But I know I stand no chance for the following reasons
1, I'm a northern Yoruba (from Kwara) and I believe the mainstream Yoruba (Oyo and Osun in particular) should produce the leader of Yoruba.

2, I am a proud Yorubaman no doubt, but I have never believed in ethnic supremacy. I see myself as detribalized. I'm not one to lead or take part in ethnic war. So I don't see myself as ideal candidate

3, Desola. Lol
Re: Please Vote To Choose The Leaders Of Egbe Omo Odua On NL - Yorubas Only! by Afam4eva(m): 8:46pm On Apr 06, 2012
Jarus: Andre Uweh, I'm humbled by your vote of confidence.

1, I'm a northern Yoruba (from Kwara) and I believe the mainstream Yoruba (Oyo and Osun in particular) should produce the leader of Yoruba.

2, I am a proud Yorubaman no doubt, but I have never believed in ethnic supremacy. I see myself as detribalized. I'm not one to lead or take part in ethnic war. So I don't see myself as ideal candidate

3, Desola. Lol

Lol @ Northern Yoruba

And what do you mean by mainstream Yoruba?
Re: Please Vote To Choose The Leaders Of Egbe Omo Odua On NL - Yorubas Only! by Desola(f): 8:47pm On Apr 06, 2012

3, Desola. Lol

Well said, aboki. You never qualified in the first place!
Re: Please Vote To Choose The Leaders Of Egbe Omo Odua On NL - Yorubas Only! by Jarus(m): 8:53pm On Apr 06, 2012
Desola:

Well said, aboki. You never qualified in the first place!
Lol
To think I was just telling my wife here about you and how you see me as 'omo ale Yoruba' before you posted this.

Lol
grin
Re: Please Vote To Choose The Leaders Of Egbe Omo Odua On NL - Yorubas Only! by bittyend(m): 8:55pm On Apr 06, 2012

3, Desola. Lol

Remo people have always produced Yoruba leaders - we can't change the trend now, bruh.. Tai Solarin, Awolowo and Abraham Adesanya - the names speak for themselves.

Oyo and Osun people are too warlike, incoherent, unsophisticated, and village like to be Yoruba leaders.

That's my humble opinion..

My 2p!
Re: Please Vote To Choose The Leaders Of Egbe Omo Odua On NL - Yorubas Only! by Desola(f): 8:55pm On Apr 06, 2012
Jarus:
Lol
To think I was just telling my wife here about you and how you see me as 'omo ale Yoruba' before you posted this.

Lol
grin

There's 'omo ale' and there's aboki. You my friend, are an aboki.
Re: Please Vote To Choose The Leaders Of Egbe Omo Odua On NL - Yorubas Only! by Desola(f): 8:57pm On Apr 06, 2012
bittyend:

Remo people have always produced Yoruba leaders - we can't change the trend now, bruh.. Tai Solarin, Awolowo and Abraham Adesanya - the names speak for themselves.

Oyo and Osun people are too warlike, incoherent, unsophisticated, and village like to be Yoruba leaders.

That's my humble opinion..

My 2p!

O ti gbagbe Wole Soyinka. He's from Ishara.
Re: Please Vote To Choose The Leaders Of Egbe Omo Odua On NL - Yorubas Only! by Jarus(m): 8:57pm On Apr 06, 2012
Gworo aboki or funky aboki?
Re: Please Vote To Choose The Leaders Of Egbe Omo Odua On NL - Yorubas Only! by Desola(f): 8:59pm On Apr 06, 2012
Jarus: Gworo aboki or funky aboki?

Aboki laboki n je. Omi eko, eko ni.
Re: Please Vote To Choose The Leaders Of Egbe Omo Odua On NL - Yorubas Only! by bittyend(m): 9:05pm On Apr 06, 2012
Desola:

Thanks. Ishara is near my dad's home town of Iperu. My cousin is from there.

Oyo and Osun people with their unsophisticated amala politics can't lead the Yoruba race. They can form the bulk of the foot soldiers. lipsrsealed cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Please Vote To Choose The Leaders Of Egbe Omo Odua On NL - Yorubas Only! by Katsumoto: 9:09pm On Apr 06, 2012
bittyend:

Thanks. Ishara is near my dad's home town of Iperu. My cousin is from there.

Oyo and Osun people with their unsophisticated amala politics can't lead the Yoruba race. They can form the bulk of the foot soldiers. lipsrsealed cheesy cheesy cheesy

Is the last part really necessary?
Re: Please Vote To Choose The Leaders Of Egbe Omo Odua On NL - Yorubas Only! by ektbear: 9:20pm On Apr 06, 2012
You cannot really predict where talent will come from. Kind of silly to a priori rule out certain places for leadership...only reduces your talent pool and thus diminishes your overall effectiveness.

Make things as meritocratic as possible and you'll get the best results

1 Like

Re: Please Vote To Choose The Leaders Of Egbe Omo Odua On NL - Yorubas Only! by bittyend(m): 9:22pm On Apr 06, 2012
Katsumoto:

I was just clowning around with desola.

How are you, bruh? I miss your comments in the culture section.
Re: Please Vote To Choose The Leaders Of Egbe Omo Odua On NL - Yorubas Only! by russellino: 9:29pm On Apr 06, 2012
My nigga megro nuts! Oops negro ntns
Re: Please Vote To Choose The Leaders Of Egbe Omo Odua On NL - Yorubas Only! by Katsumoto: 9:35pm On Apr 06, 2012
bittyend:

I was just clowning around with desola.

How are you, bruh? I miss your comments in the culture section.

I am good, thanks. U?
Re: Please Vote To Choose The Leaders Of Egbe Omo Odua On NL - Yorubas Only! by Ejine(m): 10:02pm On Apr 06, 2012
I can see that monotonous knuckle-head DayoKanu has been very, very busy with his multiple sock-puppet IDs.
grin grin grin
Re: Please Vote To Choose The Leaders Of Egbe Omo Odua On NL - Yorubas Only! by bashr8: 11:15pm On Apr 06, 2012
simple election yorubas cant organise, see list of candidates hehehehehhehe epic fail , ekoile shocked, dayokanu grin grin negro nuts oh my

there are only 2 people that qualify , ekt bear and musiwa, these are the only 2 intelligent yorubas here the rest are dummies . you might as make aljharem yoruba leader grin grin
Re: Please Vote To Choose The Leaders Of Egbe Omo Odua On NL - Yorubas Only! by LogicMind: 1:07am On Apr 07, 2012
I can't stop laughing at this yeye Yoruba tribe.
Government must propose a motion to ban oily soup because the brain damage it is causing is highly evident.
Now they are turning against themselves.
One nominee say im no wan contest
igbo man is nominating another for them and he is very proud of it. (jarus, your people ignored you!)
Dayokanu still sound fulani after your useless explanations. How can it not be confusion of the third kind to put together a yoruba and an igbo name together to get a fulani sounding name? slave mentality. And now all your cowardly tribe are voting him.
Re: Please Vote To Choose The Leaders Of Egbe Omo Odua On NL - Yorubas Only! by seanet02: 1:46am On Apr 07, 2012
Desola:

Aya mi Owon. Egba mo Lisabi ni Soyinka claim. how far?
Re: Please Vote To Choose The Leaders Of Egbe Omo Odua On NL - Yorubas Only! by EMANY01(m): 2:37am On Apr 07, 2012
ekt_bear: You cannot really predict where talent will come from. Kind of silly to a priori rule out certain places for leadership...only reduces your talent pool and thus diminishes your overall effectiveness.

Make things as meritocratic as possible and you'll get the best results

Truer words have never been spoken.A mock political process on nairaland reveals the democratic credentials or rather lack of of the participants.
A few are sound minded folks like the poster of this quote who unfortunately would rather leave the process in the hands of others and not participate even when their participation and hopefully emergence could turn things around, embarassed embarassed embarassed
Quite a number work hard to exclude others and shroud the whole process in opacity using terms like "mainstream this" "son of the soil that" they know themselves. angry angry angry
Some will import the number magic used for decades in Nigeria into cyber land creating(or rather deploying already created) multiple id's to shore up votes. grin grin grin
In all the most distressing is the emergence of people who(by their antics) should have their names faaaaaaaaar from the ballot box. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Please Vote To Choose The Leaders Of Egbe Omo Odua On NL - Yorubas Only! by musiwa46: 3:31am On Apr 07, 2012
i have gone through dayo kunu replies. he does not support yoruba people. he just does not like goodluck. and he is not a pro yoruba type of person from what i read.
Re: Please Vote To Choose The Leaders Of Egbe Omo Odua On NL - Yorubas Only! by Nobody: 8:26am On Apr 07, 2012
Egbe Omo Odua on Nairaland is this really necessary ?!!!! fu*&king tired of tribal separation, we are one NIGERIA!! who cares if u are yoruba??
Re: Please Vote To Choose The Leaders Of Egbe Omo Odua On NL - Yorubas Only! by Nobody: 10:23am On Apr 07, 2012
Katsumoto:

The Katsumoto himself, even though you claim not to be Yoruba, your wisdom on Yoruba history and culture is Awesome. much respect Sir. So that leaves me with the Otun Baale Becomrich of Canada AKA Musiwa.
Re: Please Vote To Choose The Leaders Of Egbe Omo Odua On NL - Yorubas Only! by Yeske2(m): 10:56am On Apr 07, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Even this armchair plastic king is voting for another armchair plastic oba.

grin grin grin

LOL!!! This is what happens when ppl have nothing else to do offline.
Ain't you happy you are been nominated as the iyalode of NL, sure you'll like it.
Re: Please Vote To Choose The Leaders Of Egbe Omo Odua On NL - Yorubas Only! by Desola(f): 11:01am On Apr 07, 2012
seanet02: Aya mi Owon. Egba mo Lisabi ni Soyinka claim. how far?

Eyin ara egba yi ati claiming sha! Iya to bi Wole ni omo Lisabi amo babae, Ishara Remo lo ti wa. Infact month mo ile won ni Ishara. Looto Abeokuta lo ti dagba sugbon ishara la fori e sole si.

Month ti miss e, sweetheart mi. Where have you been?
Re: Please Vote To Choose The Leaders Of Egbe Omo Odua On NL - Yorubas Only! by Desola(f): 11:04am On Apr 07, 2012
EMANY 01:
[/b]
Truer words have never been spoken.A mock political process on nairaland reveals the democratic credentials or rather lack of of the participants.
A few are sound minded folks like the poster of this quote who unfortunately would rather leave the process in the hands of others and not participate even when their participation and hopefully emergence could turn things around, embarassed embarassed embarassed
Quite a number work hard to exclude others and shroud the whole process in opacity using terms like "mainstream this" "son of the soil that" they know themselves. angry angry angry
Some will import the number magic used for decades in Nigeria into cyber land creating(or rather deploying already created) multiple id's to shore up votes. grin grin grin
In all the most distressing is the emergence of people who(by their antics) should have their names faaaaaaaaar from the ballot box. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

Ariwo omi lo ma pa alaicewater!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Refineries Rated Worst In Africa / Traditional Rulers Order Of Importance And Heirarchy / Throwback: Dubai Slay Queen Thanks Nigerian Politicians For Corruption Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.