Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,542 members, 7,837,082 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic (6225 Views)

Biblical Mary True Age When She Married Joseph / 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. / 11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by ichuka(m): 4:09pm On Apr 10, 2012
chukwudi44:

This is ridiculous !!! Wonders shall never end.So by these statement you are implying the holy spirit deposited semen into the womb of Mary to get her pregnant?I can't believe people can get to these ridiculous extent all in an attempt to belittle the role of the Virgin Mary in the incarnation.Does the holy spirit have flesh or semen? How on earth do you reason?

Even for normal uman conception,the child formed is as a result of the comming together of the male sperm and female ova.The child cannot be formed from the sperm alone without the ova.The mother is still involved in the conception process and the child will end up inheriting traits from both parents.

Jesus christ is composed of 2 natures

1.Divine nature which have always existed from the begining.

2.Human nature_which was sourced from the Virgin Mary in the course of the incarnation
you are getting it all wrong.my last post deals on the physical aspect of conception.
In the case of our Lord Jesus Christ,the Bible said "the Word became flesh and made His dwellings among us"..Jhn1:14.
Mary was a vessel God choose to manifest Himself among us.DOES A CUP(VESSEL) MIX WITH THE CONTENT(e.g.Water) IN THE CUP?.it is impossible for Mary's blood to have mix with that of Our Lord Jesus Christ.it would not have had the power to redeem us.for Mary was born of the flesh,the will of her parents and of blood.
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by Nobody: 4:36pm On Apr 10, 2012
The analogy of the cup and content does not apply here.Mary was not just an inert vessel in the incarnation process.The holy spirit does not have flesh and blood so it is very much evident that Jesus's humanity wholely came from Mary.Except you want to go with the muslims who claim Jesus was molded from dust in the womb of the blessed Virgin.While in Mary's womb Jesus was fed from Mary in the normal human conception process.Mary eventually breastfed him afterwards.She was an active and not a passive participant in the incarnation process.
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by chinedumo(m): 4:58pm On Apr 10, 2012
1. Did Jesus use the "Bible"? If Jesus did not use the "Bible", why do you believe in the "Bible"?

He used the Bible

2. Did the apostles use the "Bible" during their ministries? If no, why do you accept the "Bible" as God's word?
They used the bible

3. Is the word "Bible" in the Bible? If it is not there, who gave the name "Bible"?

Bible means books
4. Is the word "Christmas" in the Bible? If no, why do you celebrate "Christmas"?

Don't assume i celebrate
5. Why did the apostles of Jesus increased from 4 to 12?

When did this happen?

6. Did Jesus belong to any "Church" organization? If no, why are you a member of/attend a "Church"?

He did
7. Did Jesus go to the Synagogue to teach on "Sundays" or on "Saturdays"?
he taught on any day the synagogue held
8. Where was Jesus between the ages 12 and 30? Why are these crucial historical periods not recorded in the "Bible"?

everything does not have to be recorded
the events of 30-33 years were all not recorded

9. What was the name of the "Church" Jesus formed?
The name is church
10.If Mary had other children, why did Jesus handover the care of Mary to the "disciple who Jesus loved" and not to Jesus' other brothers?

you hand over simply to the one you love and trust
11. Before I forget, today is "Easter" Monday. Let me wish you a happy "Easter". Why did you celebrate "Easter" when it is not in the "Bible"?.

Dont assume i celebrated

12. If you believe Mary had no special power from God, why did Mary prompt Jesus to provide wine during the Marriage in Cana knowing fully well Jesus had no winepress or money to buy wine?

Mary did not prompt Jesus. she prompted the servants to obey Jesus
a friend serves as encouragement to your ministry

1 Like

Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by chinedumo(m): 5:01pm On Apr 10, 2012
so you are saying that your whole humanity is from your mother?

That which is born of flesh is flesh and that which is born of spirit is spirit

chukwudi44: The analogy of the cup and content does not apply here.Mary was not just an inert vessel in the incarnation process.The holy spirit does not have flesh and blood so it is very much evident that Jesus's humanity wholely came from Mary.Except you want to go with the muslims who claim Jesus was molded from dust in the womb of the blessed Virgin.While in Mary's womb Jesus was fed from Mary in the normal human conception process.Mary eventually breastfed him afterwards.She was an active and not a passive participant in the incarnation process.
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by Nobody: 5:38pm On Apr 10, 2012
so you are saying that your whole humanity is from your mother?

That which is born of flesh is flesh and that which is born of spirit is spirit

My both parents are human and thus both contributed to my humanity.

Jesus on the otherhand was composed of both the divine and human nature.The holy spirit which brought about the conception if Jesus has no human attribute and thus could not have contributed to his humanity
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by Nobody: 5:47pm On Apr 10, 2012
chinedumo:
1. Did Jesus use the "Bible"? If Jesus did not use the "Bible", why do you believe in the "Bible"?

He used the Bible

2. Did the apostles use the "Bible" during their ministries? If no, why do you accept the "Bible" as God's word?
They used the bible

3. Is the word "Bible" in the Bible? If it is not there, who gave the name "Bible"?

Bible means books
4. Is the word "Christmas" in the Bible? If no, why do you celebrate "Christmas"?

Don't assume i celebrate
5. Why did the apostles of Jesus increased from 4 to 12?

When did this happen?

6. Did Jesus belong to any "Church" organization? If no, why are you a member of/attend a "Church"?

He did
7. Did Jesus go to the Synagogue to teach on "Sundays" or on "Saturdays"?
he taught on any day the synagogue held
8. Where was Jesus between the ages 12 and 30? Why are these crucial historical periods not recorded in the "Bible"?

everything does not have to be recorded
the events of 30-33 years were all not recorded

9. What was the name of the "Church" Jesus formed?
The name is church
10.If Mary had other children, why did Jesus handover the care of Mary to the "disciple who Jesus loved" and not to Jesus' other brothers?

you hand over simply to the one you love and trust
11. Before I forget, today is "Easter" Monday. Let me wish you a happy "Easter". Why did you celebrate "Easter" when it is not in the "Bible"?.

Dont assume i celebrated

12. If you believe Mary had no special power from God, why did Mary prompt Jesus to provide wine during the Marriage in Cana knowing fully well Jesus had no winepress or money to buy wine?

Mary did not prompt Jesus. she prompted the servants to obey Jesus
a friend serves as encouragement to your ministry

So because the word bible means "books" that is enough reason to conclude the apostles used the bible? FYI the bible did not exist until about 300 yrs after the death of Jesus.Prior to the fourth century CE,the books of the scriptures existed as seperate scriptures with no generally agreed canon.It was only in the fourth century @ the synod of hippo and council of carthage was the biblical canon decided.

Furthermore Jesus did not attend any church as the christian church was only born on pentecost day.Jewish synagogues which he attended are not churches
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by ichuka(m): 5:49pm On Apr 10, 2012
chukwudi44: The analogy of the cup and content does not apply here.Mary was not just an inert vessel in the incarnation process.The holy spirit does not have flesh and blood so it is very much evident that Jesus's humanity wholely came from Mary.Except you want to go with the muslims who claim Jesus was molded from dust in the womb of the blessed Virgin.While in Mary's womb Jesus was fed from Mary in the normal human conception process.Mary eventually breastfed him afterwards.She was an active and not a passive participant in the incarnation process.

Mary inherited the Adamic nature from her parents because she was born of the flesh,and whosoever is born of the will of his/her parents is a sinner already whether you commit sin or not.
She recognise the need of a Saviour in her life .....Luke1:47.
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by Nobody: 6:34pm On Apr 10, 2012
i.chuka:

Mary inherited the Adamic nature from her parents because she was born of the flesh,and whosoever is born of the will of his/her parents is a sinner already whether you commit sin or not.
She recognise the need of a Saviour in her life .....Luke1:47.

Have you ever heard about the term immaculate conception?virgin Mary in preparation of her future role in the incarnation was miraculosly preserved from original sin.

Where do you think Jesus's humanity came from? Why didn,t Jesus just descend from heaven? Why didn't God clothe him with uman skin and just send him to earth? Why did he have to be born of a woman?

Jesus was only born of a woman because it was necessary for his human nature to suffer and die.His divine nature could not feel pain or suffer death hence the need for him to inherit humanity from a virgin mother.HOlY Spirit does not have flesh and blood and thus could not have given them to Jesus.The question now is where else is the source of Jesus's humanity if not Mary?
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by ichuka(m): 6:56pm On Apr 10, 2012
chukwudi44:

Have you ever heard about the term immaculate conception?virgin Mary in preparation of her future role in the incarnation was miraculosly preserved from original sin.

Where do you think Jesus's humanity came from? Why didn,t Jesus just descend from heaven? Why didn't God clothe him with uman skin and just send him to earth? Why did he have to be born of a woman?

Jesus was only born of a woman because it was necessary for his human nature to suffer and die.His divine nature could not feel pain or suffer death hence the need for him to inherit humanity from a virgin mother.HOlY Spirit does not have flesh and blood and thus could not have given them to Jesus.The question now is where else is the source of Jesus's humanity if not Mary?

"immaculate conception" indeed can you back it up with scriptures?
You are still not getting it.
Jhn6:63says"the words which i have spoken to you are spirit"
The word of God is spirit and at the same time God Himself,that same word which is God that created the heavens and the earth became flesh in the womb of Mary..Jhn1:1-14.how is it so hard to understand.
Mary is a vessel just as Jeremiah,Isaiah or David are vessels unto the Lord
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by mkmyers45(m): 8:02pm On Apr 10, 2012
chukwudi44:

This is ridiculous !!! Wonders shall never end.So by these statement you are implying the holy spirit deposited semen into the womb of Mary to get her pregnant?I can't believe people can get to these ridiculous extent all in an attempt to belittle the role of the Virgin Mary in the incarnation.Does the holy spirit have flesh or semen? How on earth do you reason?

Even for normal uman conception,the child formed is as a result of the comming together of the male sperm and female ova.The child cannot be formed from the sperm alone without the ova.The mother is still involved in the conception process and the child will end up inheriting traits from both parents.

Jesus christ is composed of 2 natures

1.Divine nature which have always existed from the begining.

2.Human nature_which was sourced from the Virgin Mary in the course of the incarnation
what a load of horse sh*te..if he had flesh and blood and then definately he had male xy chromosomes. the 'Virgin Story' is a sham
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by solomon111(m): 8:19pm On Apr 10, 2012
@chukwudi
if jesus blood mixed with mary's,how was he then free from adamic sin?
That means he was a sinner like us all,and his death was null and void.
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by ichuka(m): 8:54pm On Apr 10, 2012
Whosoever was born of the flesh and by the will of natural decent was at Eden and in Adam when he sinned.
When Adam ate of the fruit of knowledge of good and evil.we are all in him.constituting us all a sinner in the sight of God.
Our Lord Jesus is the only one without that genealogy.because He was born not of the flesh,nor the will of a natural parents and of blood.
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by Nobody: 9:16pm On Apr 10, 2012
Can anyone answer this simple question for me.Why was it necessary for the christ to be born of a woman? Why didn't christ just descend from heaven?
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by ichuka(m): 10:54pm On Apr 10, 2012
chukwudi44: Can anyone answer this simple question for me.Why was it necessary for the christ to be born of a woman? Why didn't christ just descend from heaven?

Philip2:6-8,Who,being in the form of God,did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,but made Himself nothing,taking the very nature of a SERVANT,being made in HUMAN LIKENESS,and being found in appearance as a man,He Humbled Himself and became obedient to death even death on a cross.
Like i said earlier,whosoever is born of the will of a man,of blood and of flesh inherited the Adamic nature,and is a servant to sin.
For Christ to serve He have to come through the Adamic race. for Him to be qualify to serve.
Secondly,1Tim6:16 says that God is immortal;He cannot die.
for Him to be able to die,He emptied Himself of all the glory and power of His divinity..phil2:7-8.
He emptied Himself and at the same time have to pass through a woman,inorder to be qualify to serve and to die for us.
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by Nobody: 12:51am On Apr 11, 2012
[quote author=i.chuka]

Philip2:6-8,Who,being in the form of God,did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,but made Himself nothing,taking the very nature of a SERVANT,being made in HUMAN LIKENESS,and being found in appearance as a man,He Humbled Himself and became obedient to death even death on a cross.
Like i said earlier,whosoever is born of the will of a man,of blood and of flesh inherited the Adamic nature,and is a servant to sin.
For Christ to serve He have to come through the Adamic race. for Him to be qualify to serve.
Secondly,1Tim6:16 says that God is immortal;He cannot die.
for Him to be able to die,He emptied Himself of all the glory and power of His divinity..phil2:7-8.
He emptied Himself and at the same time have to pass through a woman,inorder to be qualify to serve and to die for us.
[/quote

I don't think you realise the essence of my questions.All what you ve written above does not answer my questions in any way.According to you Mary had to role to play in the formatiom of the human Jesus in her womb.Jesus only grew up in her womb without any biological interaction whatsoever.Kindly explain why God choose to bring him throug a woman and not just descension from heaven? Why was Mary ever needed in the incarnation?]
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by Nobody: 1:19am On Apr 11, 2012
In Acts 2 we have the record of the first sermon preached in the history of the Church, on the Day of Pentecost. In the course of this sermon, Peter makes an important statement about David.

Acts 2:29-32.
29 Men [and] brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

The key verse for our purposes is verse 30. According to Peter, speaking by the Spirit of God, God swore to David by an oath that He would raise up the Messiah to sit on David's throne FROM THE FRUIT OF DAVID'S LOINS according to the flesh. He did not merely promise that the Messiah would be born in David's family; instead, He swore that the Messiah would be a genetic descendent of David.

Now while Joseph was a genetic descendent of David, the scripture makes it quite clear that he was not Jesus's natural father. Thus, the fulfillment of God's oath in this matter depends on Mary. If she was truly Jesus' mother in a natural and genetic sense, then this oath has been fulfilled. If she was not, then God broke His word, given by an oath, to David.

For me that pretty much settles the matter. While the scripture makes it quite clear that Jesus was not literally the son of Joseph, it makes no such distinction about Mary. Jesus always referred to her as his mother, with no qualifications. The scripture does likewise. And, as we've seen, the integrity of God's Word requires that this be the case.
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by ichuka(m): 3:37am On Apr 11, 2012
chukwudi44: Can anyone answer this simple question for me.Why was it necessary for the christ to be born of a woman? Why didn't christ just descend from heaven?

when man sins against God,he has to bear the consequence of sin,which is death.but because God loves and wants to save us(Jhn3:16).He took on the body of a man.prepared for Him by the Father(Hebws10:5).
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by jamace(m): 12:30pm On Apr 11, 2012
@ Chinedumo
1. You said Jesus used the “Bible”. Please show us the word “Bible” in the Bible.
2. You said the apostles used the Bible; cite the portion of the Bible for us, please.
3. You said “Bible” means books. You are right, But can you educate us on how the word “Bible” came about, I mean, who named that collection of books “Bible”?
4. “Don’t assume I celebrate”. Ok, I’m sorry. Please, tell us why you don’t celebrate Christmas?
5. “When did this happen?” In Matt 4:18-22, Jesus called the first 4 Apostles (Peter, Andrew, James and John) to follow him. Later, Jesus added 8 more, on different occasions, making them 12 (See Matt 10: 1-4).
6. You said Jesus belonged to a Church organization. Are you serious about this?
7. “He taught on any day the synagogue held”. Can you show us this from the Bible?
8. “everything does not have to be recorded the events of 30-33 years were all not recorded”. I am very happy you accepted the fact that everything that Jesus did and taught are not recorded. But why do you fault any teachings of the Catholic Church not found (expressly) in the Bible? If “everything” were not recorded (John 21:25), where can the unwritten records be found?
9. “The name is church”. For your knowledge sake, Jesus did not belong nor attend any church. He only prepared ground for the formation of the church. He left the formation of the church itself to the apostles, with Peter as the leader/head. Read Matthew 16:13-19. But for emphasis, "And I also say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build My church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven; and whatsoever thou shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatsoever thou shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven" (Matt 16: 18-19).
Know it today that the apostles started the Church after the death of Christ. Please, read this beautiful dialogue between Jesus and Peter found in John 21:15-19, which I will tag, “Jesus handover note to Peter”. Read Matthew 10:1-42 for content of the handover note.
10. “you hand over simply to the one you love and trust”. You are right. But where were the children of Mary at this mournful moment of their mother? Please, enlighten us.
11. “Don’t assume I celebrated”. My apology, once more. Am I now right to say, you don’t even believe in Jesus because you neither celebrate Christmas nor Easter?
12. “Mary did not prompt Jesus. she prompted the servants to obey Jesus a friend serves as encouragement to your ministry”. You lied here. Mary PROMPTED Jesus to provide wine and she DIRECTED the servants to obey Jesus’ instructions (John 2: 1-11). Mary PROMPTED Jesus in vs 3, “And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus said unto him (Jesus), they have no wine” and Mary DIRECTED the servants to obey Jesus’ instructions in vs 5. Note critically What Jesus said to Mary’s request in vs 4, “Woman…mine hour has not yet come”. If this was the first recorded miracle performed by Jesus (vs 11), can you please enlighten us how MARY came to KNOW that Jesus has the POWER to provide the wine(miraculously)?

I rest my case for now. Please, look at my own responses and reply to my questions again. It is very important that we understand ourselves. I will be back.
Meanwhile, assimilate chukwudi44 answers below because it will form part of my answers to this thread:
“So because the word bible means "books" that is enough reason to conclude the apostles used the bible? FYI the bible did not exist until about 300 yrs after the death of Jesus. Prior to the fourth century CE, the books of the scriptures existed as separate scriptures with no generally agreed canon. It was only in the fourth century @ the synod of hippo and Council of Carthage was the biblical canon decided.
Furthermore Jesus did not attend any church as the Christian church was only born on Pentecost day. Jewish synagogues which he attended are not churches.”

Thank you.
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by Nobody: 12:55pm On Apr 11, 2012
i.chuka:

when man sins against God,he has to bear the consequence of sin,which is death.but because God loves and wants to save us(Jhn3:16).He took on the body of a man.prepared for Him by the Father(Hebws10:5).

I know all these but it does not answer my questions.What is the role of Mary in the incarnation?why did Jesus come through Mary?since you claim Mary played no role in the word becomming flesh why didn't Jesus just descend from heaven?
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by ichuka(m): 1:56pm On Apr 11, 2012
chukwudi44:

I know all these but it does not answer my questions.What is the role of Mary in the incarnation?why did Jesus come through Mary?since you claim Mary played no role in the word becomming flesh why didn't Jesus just descend from heaven?

Mary was a vessel prepared by God,just like the prophets and the apostles where all vessels prepared for there various ministries here on earth.
Why is it so hard to understand?
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by Nobody: 2:52pm On Apr 11, 2012
I am in agreement with your statement that Mary was a vessel.The big question now is whether Mary was an active or passive vessel in the incarnation process? Where did Jesus get his fresh and blood from?

The books of acts 2:30 says

30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne.

This verse explicitly states that the messiah would a FRUIT OF DAVID'S LOINS ACCORDING TO THE FLESH.Do you mind interpreting this biblical statement and explaining how it was fulfilled in the incarnation.
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by ichuka(m): 3:43pm On Apr 11, 2012
chukwudi44: I am in agreement with your statement that Mary was a vessel.The big question now is whether Mary was an active or passive vessel in the incarnation process? Where did Jesus get his fresh and blood from?

The books of acts 2:30 says

30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne.

This verse explicitly states that the messiah would a FRUIT OF DAVID'S LOINS ACCORDING TO THE FLESH.Do you mind interpreting this biblical statement and explaining how it was fulfilled in the incarnation.

Romans8:3,says For what the law could not do,in that it was weak through the flesh,God sending His Son "IN THE LIKENESS OF SINFUL FLESH"and for sin,condemned sin inthe flesh.
He was like us(blood and flesh) but not of us,for His blood and flesh was divine.
Only Adam in Genesis and Christ had no natural descent,Mary was never mentioned.
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by ichuka(m): 3:57pm On Apr 11, 2012
Thats the reason Christ never for once called her "Mother" because God had no mother.
She was just a vessel,like the rest.
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by Nobody: 4:06pm On Apr 11, 2012
<< Romans 1:3 >>

New International Version (©1984)
regarding his Son, who as to his human nature was a descendant of David,

New Living Translation (©2007)
The Good News is about his Son. In his earthly life he was born into King David's family line,

English Standard Version (©2001)
concerning his Son, who was descended from David according to the flesh

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
concerning His Son, who was born of a descendant of David according to the flesh,

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

International Standard Version (©2008)
regarding his Son. He was a descendant of David with respect to his humanity

Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
About his Son, who is begotten in the flesh from the seed of the house of David,

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
This Good News is about his Son, our Lord Jesus Christ. In his human nature he was a descendant of David.

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, who was made of the descendants of David according to the flesh;

American King James Version
Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

American Standard Version
concerning his Son, who was born of the seed of David according to the flesh,

Douay-Rheims Bible
Concerning his Son, who was made to him of the seed of David, according to the flesh,

Darby Bible Translation
concerning his Son (come of David's seed according to flesh,

English Revised Version

Webster's Bible Translation
Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, who was born of the seed of David according to the flesh.

Weymouth New Testament
who, as regards His human descent, belonged to the posterity of David,

World English Bible

Young's Literal Translation
concerning His Son, (who is come of the seed of David according to the flesh,

This bible verse makes it explicitly certain that Jesus was a descendant of david by the flesh.It means that his humanity was entirely sourced from david's descendant which happens to be Mary.

i.chuka:
Thats the reason Christ never for once called her "Mother" because God had no mother.
She was just a vessel,like the rest.

I wonder where you got this trash from.Where did you read that Jesus never called him mother? The holy spirit inspired Elizabeth to call her "the mother of my Lord" ,even the angel told Joseph take the "child and his mother and flee to egypt".Mary is adreesed as the mother of Jesus in several bible passages.I wonder where you got this heresy from?
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by ichuka(m): 4:38pm On Apr 11, 2012
chukwudi44: << Romans 1:3 >>

New International Version (©1984)
regarding his Son, who as to his human nature was a descendant of David,

New Living Translation (©2007)
The Good News is about his Son. In his earthly life he was born into King David's family line,

English Standard Version (©2001)
concerning his Son, who was descended from David according to the flesh

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
concerning His Son, who was born of a descendant of David according to the flesh,

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)

International Standard Version (©2008)
regarding his Son. He was a descendant of David with respect to his humanity

Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
About his Son, who is begotten in the flesh from the seed of the house of David,

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
This Good News is about his Son, our Lord Jesus Christ. In his human nature he was a descendant of David.

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, who was made of the descendants of David according to the flesh;

American King James Version

American Standard Version

Douay-Rheims Bible
Concerning his Son, who was made to him of the seed of David, according to the flesh,

Darby Bible Translation
concerning his Son (come of David's seed according to flesh,

English Revised Version

Webster's Bible Translation
Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, who was born of the seed of David according to the flesh.

Weymouth New Testament
who, as regards His human descent, belonged to the posterity of David,

World English Bible

Young's Literal Translation
concerning His Son, (who is come of the seed of David according to the flesh,

This bible verse makes it explicitly certain that Jesus was a descendant of david by the flesh.It means that his humanity was entirely sourced from david's descendant which happens to be Mary.

I wonder where you got this trash from.Where did you read that Jesus never called him mother? The holy spirit inspired Elizabeth to call her "the mother of my Lord" ,even the angel told Joseph take the "child and his mother and flee to egypt".Mary is adreesed as the mother of Jesus in several bible passages.I wonder where you got this heresy from?

Matt22:42-45;Jesus asked them,"what do you think about the Christ?Whose SON is He?"
"the Son of David" they replied.
He said to them,"How is it then that David,speaking by the Spirit,calls Him 'Lord'?For he says, 'The Lord said to my Lord:
"sit at my right hand until i put your enemies under your feet"
if then David calls Him 'Lord'how can He be his son?.
My question to you,if then David calls Him Lord,how can He be from his natural descent?.
Jhn1:11says"He came to that which was His own,but His own did not recieve Him.
Though He came through them(David linage) they did not recieve Him because He was "not of them".
Did Jesus ever called Mary "Mother"? Yes or No simple.
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by chinedumo(m): 4:46pm On Apr 11, 2012
The word "bible" does not have to be used

it is what the Bible represents that matters

You dont expect the Apostles to be using the book of acts when they are yet to live it out
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by jamace(m): 5:34pm On Apr 11, 2012
chinedumo: The word "bible" does not have to be used

it is what the Bible represents that matters

You dont expect the Apostles to be using the book of acts when they are yet to live it out

You have just responded to only one out of my many questions. Please respond to all to enable me conclude. Thanks.
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by chinedumo(m): 5:58pm On Apr 11, 2012
The Head of the Church is Jesus not peter
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by Nobody: 5:59pm On Apr 11, 2012
i.chuka:

Matt22:42-45;Jesus asked them,"what do you think about the Christ?Whose SON is He?"
"the Son of David" they replied.
He said to them,"How is it then that David,speaking by the Spirit,calls Him 'Lord'?For he says, 'The Lord said to my Lord:
"sit at my right hand until i put your enemies under your feet"
if then David calls Him 'Lord'how can He be his son?.
My question to you,if then David calls Him Lord,how can He be from his natural descent?.
Jhn1:11says"He came to that which was His own,but His own did not recieve Him.
Though He came through them(David linage) they did not recieve Him because He was "not of them".
Did Jesus ever called Mary "Mother"? Yes or No simple.

Yes the divine nature preceded david not his humanity.The verse says by his human nature a descendant of david.

Are you by any means trying to disclaim God's prophecy that the christ would be a descendant of david?

The bible did not tell us Jesus did not call Mary his mother.There is no where in the bible such is mentioned.Even the holy spirit which is part of the trinity moved elizabeth to call her mother of my Lord.stop making unsubstantiated claims.
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by ichuka(m): 6:24pm On Apr 11, 2012
chukwudi44:

Yes the divine nature preceded david not his humanity.The verse says by his human nature a descendant of david.

Are you by any means trying to disclaim God's prophecy that the christ would be a descendant of david?

The bible did not tell us Jesus did not call Mary his mother.There is no where in the bible such is mentioned.Even the holy spirit which is part of the trinity moved elizabeth to call her mother of my Lord.stop making unsubstantiated claims.

just as the Pharisees claim of Christ been the son of David..Matt22:42,likewise Elizabeth on her ascentainment.
How can your God have a mother?meaning your God have a begining.
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by ichuka(m): 6:54pm On Apr 11, 2012
We should try and discern the Word spoken by the Holy Spirit through Elizabeth and her own word.
Luke1:41,says......and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit.in a LOUD voice she exclaimed:"Blessed are you among women,and Blessed is the child you will bear"(thats the Holy Spirit speaking through her).
In verse43,she said on her own accord "But why am i so favoured,that the mother of my Lord should come to me?
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by italo: 10:19am On Apr 12, 2012
How one can claim to love and worship the Almighty God and then discredit the role of His Mother... It just amazes me!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Happens When We Die? / Praise Him / Seeing Angels From Birth. I Need Answers Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.