Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,387 members, 7,836,559 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic (6224 Views)

Biblical Mary True Age When She Married Joseph / 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. / 11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by Nobody: 10:34am On Apr 12, 2012
i.chuka:
We should try and discern the Word spoken by the Holy Spirit through Elizabeth and her own word.
Luke1:41,says......and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit.in a LOUD voice she exclaimed:"Blessed are you among women,and Blessed is the child you will bear"(thats the Holy Spirit speaking through her).
In verse43,she said on her own accord "But why am i so favoured,that the mother of my Lord should come to me?

The holy spirit says if anyone lies against the son of man,he might be forgiven but if anyone lies against the holy spirit he would never be forgiven.Young man I would advise in theological arguments if you are confused or not sure of anything kindly ignore or walk away and not to incure a curse upon you for mischieviously twisting the scriptures all in an attempt to justify your dogma.

The gospel of luke makes it clear Elizabeth was inspired by the holy spirit to call Mary the Lord's mother yet you have twisted it to say she said it on her own volition.how mischievous can a bible misinterpretation be?
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by ichuka(m): 10:51am On Apr 12, 2012
chukwudi44:

The holy spirit says if anyone lies against the son of man,he might be forgiven but if anyone lies against the holy spirit he would never be forgiven.Young man I would advise in theological arguments if you are confused or not sure of anything kindly ignore or walk away and not to incure a curse upon you for mischieviously twisting the scriptures all in an attempt to justify your dogma.

The gospel of luke makes it clear Elizabeth was inspired by the holy spirit to call Mary the Lord's mother yet you have twisted it to say she said it on her own volition.how mischievous can a bible misinterpretation be?

seriously thats the problem with you guys.if you can't DISCERN words spoken by the Holy Spirit and words spoken by the human spirit,i wonder how you educate the youth in your congregation.
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by jamace(m): 11:09am On Apr 12, 2012
chinedumo: The word "bible" does not have to be used

it is what the Bible represents that matters

You dont expect the Apostles to be using the book of acts when they are yet to live it out

Why are you here contradicting yourself? I thought you wanted to see every word in the "Bible" before you will believe/accept it.

My friend, its like you don't even know what you are protesting against.
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by italo: 11:26am On Apr 12, 2012
@I.chuka, this just goes to show how dubious you are. Of course, I'm not surprised. Light and dark cannot mix, so anyone who tries to counter Catholic teachings must resort to terrible distortions like this. I'd like to see all your fellow anti-Catholics defend this; where are they now?

LUKE 1
41 Now it happened that as soon as Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting, the child leapt in her womb and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit.
42 She gave a loud cry and said, 'Of all women you are the most blessed, and blessed is the fruit of your womb.
43 Why should I be honoured with a visit from the mother of my Lord?
44 Look, the moment your greeting reached my ears, the child in my womb leapt for joy.
45 Yes, blessed is she who believed that the promise made her by the Lord would be fulfilled.'
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by Nobody: 12:19pm On Apr 12, 2012
@ I chuka

When I see you disputing Jesus's human davidic ancestry,I even get more perplexed.The are myriads of biblical passages which affirms Jesus's davidic roots.This verses are so explicit that I begin to suspect you are just being mischievous.

Posting a few of them here will suffice.

Revelation 5:5

New International Version (NIV)

5 Then one of the elders said to me, “Do not weep! See, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has triumphed. He is able to open the scroll and its seven seals.”
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by Nobody: 12:39pm On Apr 12, 2012
“[The son you bear] will be called the Son of the Most High, and the the Lord God will give to him the throne of his ancestor David. He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of his kingdom there will be no end
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by ichuka(m): 3:57pm On Apr 12, 2012
italo: @I.chuka, this just goes to show how dubious you are. Of course, I'm not surprised. Light and dark cannot mix, so anyone who tries to counter Catholic teachings must resort to terrible distortions like this. I'd like to see all your fellow anti-Catholics defend this; where are they now?

LUKE 1
41 Now it happened that as soon as Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting, the child leapt in her womb and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit.
42 She gave a loud cry and said, 'Of all women you are the most blessed, and blessed is the fruit of your womb.
43 Why should I be honoured with a visit from the mother of my Lord?
44 Look, the moment your greeting reached my ears, the child in my womb leapt for joy.
45 Yes, blessed is she who believed that the promise made her by the Lord would be fulfilled.'

Ye do ERR, 1,not knowing the scriptures,2,nor the power of God....Matt22:29.
I counsel you to study the Bible with your spirit.
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by ichuka(m): 4:01pm On Apr 12, 2012
chukwudi44: @ I chuka

When I see you disputing Jesus's human davidic ancestry,I even get more perplexed.The are myriads of biblical passages which affirms Jesus's davidic roots.This verses are so explicit that I begin to suspect you are just being mischievous.

Posting a few of them here will suffice.

Revelation 5:5

New International Version (NIV)

5 Then one of the elders said to me, “Do not weep! See, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has triumphed. He is able to open the scroll and its seven seals.”

my question to you is,"is Jesus the son of David"?.......Matt22:43-45.
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by chinedumo(m): 5:42pm On Apr 12, 2012
I am not contradicting myself

the Word "books" is in the bible

Bible is "books" in another language

i prefer to treat the questions on after the other for thoroughness

Peter is not the Head of the Church
Jesus is the head of the church
as the Head is a part/member of the body so is Jesus a part and member of the body
jamace:

Why are you here contradicting yourself? I thought you wanted to see every word in the "Bible" before you will believe/accept it.

My friend, its like you don't even know what you are protesting against.

Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by Nobody: 7:51pm On Apr 12, 2012
i.chuka:

my question to you is,"is Jesus the son of David"?.......Matt22:43-45.

Jesus is not the son of david.Jesus's divine nature preceded david but his human nature is descended from David's bloodline through Mary thus making I'm a descendant of david by is earthly life.

Now over to you my questions goes thus;

Do you believe in Isaiah's prophecy that the messiah would be a descendant of david?

If yes how was that prophecy fulfilled.
If no thus it that Isaiah got it wrong or that God later changed his mind
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by ichuka(m): 8:41pm On Apr 12, 2012
chukwudi44:

Jesus is not the son of david.Jesus's divine nature preceded david but his human nature is descended from David's bloodline through Mary thus making I'm a descendant of david by is earthly life.

Now over to you my questions goes thus;

Do you believe in Isaiah's prophecy that the messiah would be a descendant of david?

If yes how was that prophecy fulfilled.
If no thus it that Isaiah got it wrong or that God later changed his mind

Jesus said He's not the son of David,though He came through the lineage of David,how can He then be the son of Mary?
The Word which is God became flesh..Jhn1:14 in the womb of Mary.
He came in the LIKENESS of the human body..Rom8:3.
He came through them(David's lineage) and they rejected Him..Jhn1:11.because He was not of them..Jhn1:4-5.
How can your God have a Mother?
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by Nobody: 9:23pm On Apr 12, 2012
i.chuka:

Jesus said He's not the son of David,though He came through the lineage of David,how can He then be the son of Mary?
The Word which is God became flesh..Jhn1:14 in the womb of Mary.
He came in the LIKENESS of the human body..Rom8:3.
He came through them(David's lineage) and they rejected Him..Jhn1:11.because He was not of them..Jhn1:4-5.
How can your God have a Mother?

Young man stop beating around the bush and answer my questions.You are pathetic.Don't you know the Virgin Mary descended from the clan of David?You keep saying the word became flesh ,how do you think that happened?how did the word become flesh ?this is the bone of our argument.where is the source of Jesus's human nature?

It is pertinent to state that Mary is not the source of Jesus's divine nature as it has existed right from the begining
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by ichuka(m): 9:58pm On Apr 12, 2012
chukwudi44:

Young man stop beating around the bush and answer my questions.You are pathetic.Don't you know the Virgin Mary descended from the clan of David?You keep saying the word became flesh ,how do you think that happened?how did the word become flesh ?this is the bone of our argument.where is the source of Jesus's human nature?

It is pertinent to state that Mary is not the source of Jesus's divine nature as it has existed right from the begining

The same way HE created the Heavens and the earth..Gen1:1,HE parted the Red Sea..Exod14:21,HE sent forth Manna and Quail..Exod16:13,HE rose the dead,healed the sick,cleanse the leper,drives out demons...Matt10:8,HE fed thousand..Matt14:16-21,Mark6:32-44,Luke9:10-17,Jhn6:1-13,HE walks on water..Matt14:26,Mark6:45-51,Jhn6:15-21....is the same way HE became flesh in the womb of Mary.
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by italo: 2:57am On Apr 13, 2012
i.chuka:

Ye do ERR, 1,not knowing the scriptures,2,nor the power of God....Matt22:29.
I counsel you to study the Bible with your spirit.

Rubbish. I trust you can make a more sensible comment. Or does 'anti-Catholicism' come with diminishing mental capacity?
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by ichuka(m): 3:57am On Apr 13, 2012
italo:

Rubbish. I trust you can make a more sensible comment. Or does 'anti-Catholicism' come with diminishing mental capacity?

if you can discern words spoken by the Holy Spirit and one by the human spirit,you have no business been a Christain.
GOD had no Mother Period!!!
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by Nobody: 12:46pm On Apr 13, 2012
i.chuka:

The same way HE created the Heavens and the earth..Gen1:1,HE parted the Red Sea..Exod14:21,HE sent forth Manna and Quail..Exod16:13,HE rose the dead,healed the sick,cleanse the leper,drives out demons...Matt10:8,HE fed thousand..Matt14:16-21,Mark6:32-44,Luke9:10-17,Jhn6:1-13,HE walks on water..Matt14:26,Mark6:45-51,Jhn6:15-21....is the same way HE became flesh in the womb of Mary.

This is utter delusion.It is obvious one can't engage in sensible argument with you.finally you have accepted Jesus came from david's lineage yet you are still disputing if mary gave birth to his human naure.How else do you think Jesus descended from david
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by italo: 4:07pm On Apr 13, 2012
i.chuka:

if you can discern words spoken by the Holy Spirit and one by the human spirit,you have no business been a Christain.
GOD had no Mother Period!!!

Under whose inspiration was John writing this: (John 19:26) 'When Jesus saw his MOTHER there, and the disciple whom he loved standing nearby, he said to her, “Woman,[b] here is your son,”'

Tell us it was not under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit that John refers to Mary as 'his mother'.
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by chinedumo(m): 4:27pm On Apr 13, 2012
Jesus handed his mother over to someone he love and trusted. it is not proof that Mary did not have other children
italo:

Under whose inspiration was John writing this: (John 19:26) 'When Jesus saw his MOTHER there, and the disciple whom he loved standing nearby, he said to her, “Woman,[b] here is your son,”'

Tell us it was not under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit that John refers to Mary as 'his mother'.
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by ichuka(m): 5:08pm On Apr 13, 2012
chukwudi44:

This is utter delusion.It is obvious one can't engage in sensible argument with you.finally you have accepted Jesus came from david's lineage yet you are still disputing if mary gave birth to his human naure.How else do you think Jesus descended from david

what is wrong with you guys?the lineage of David is like a tunnel HE came through and became flesh in the womb of Mary,His blood and flesh are Divine,thats the reason it has the power to Redeem and Save us.
Though He is God,HE had to seek for permission to pass through the lineage of David....Psalm24:7-10.
HE also seek the consent of Mary to come through her...Luke1:28-38.
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by italo: 5:19pm On Apr 13, 2012
chinedumo: Jesus handed his mother over to someone he love and trusted. it is not proof that Mary did not have other children

What are we saying and what are you saying? When you people are proved wrong, instead of admitting that you're wrong and retracing your steps back to the truth, you start behaving like lunatics.

Your fellow anti-Catholic here said Mary was not the Mother of Jesus. Chukwudi showed him where Elizabeth referred to Mary as "mother of my Lord", he mischieviously twisted it, saying she wasn't speaking under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. Then I showed him where John (writing under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit) referred to Mary as Jesus' Mother. Then you jump in, and what do you do? You try to confuse the situation by talking about an entirely different thing. Why don't you at least admit that he's wrong and we are right before you start confusing yourself
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by ichuka(m): 5:24pm On Apr 13, 2012
italo:

How do you refer to your mum?do you call her Woman or Mother?
If Mary is the Mother of Jesus,why would He refer to her as Woman through out in the Gospel?
I reaffirm "GOD HAS NO Mother".
If your God has a Mother,then you are not a Christain Period!!
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by italo: 5:34pm On Apr 13, 2012
i.chuka:

How do you refer to your mum?do you call her Woman or Mother?
If Mary is the Mother of Jesus,why would He refer to her as Woman through out in the Gospel?
I reaffirm "GOD HAS NO Mother".
If your God has a Mother,then you are not a Christain Period!!

Sir, the question is: under whose inspiration was John writing when he referred to Mary as Jesus' mother?

Thank you
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by ichuka(m): 6:08pm On Apr 13, 2012
italo:

Sir, the question is: under whose inspiration was John writing when he referred to Mary as Jesus' mother?

Thank you

Why are you trying so hard to shift the Goal post?
Jesus never call her "Mother". you are here calling her His Mother.
Have you ever heard of someone,that seek the consent of his/her parent to be born?....Luke1:28-38.
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by italo: 6:26pm On Apr 13, 2012
i.chuka:

Why are you trying so hard to shift the Goal post?
Jesus never call her "Mother". you are here calling her His Mother.
Have you ever heard of someone,that seek the consent of his/her parent

Thank youto be born?....Luke1:28-38.

Thank you
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by italo: 6:32pm On Apr 13, 2012
The question is impossible to answer, isn't it? It will expose you as a bare-faced liar. Lol.
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by ichuka(m): 7:12pm On Apr 13, 2012
italo:

Thank you

you will never understand.confess Jesus as your Lord and Saviour,then His Spirit will dwell in you and your Bat eyes will be open......Luke24:31.
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by italo: 9:55pm On Apr 13, 2012
i.chuka:

you will never understand.confess Jesus as your Lord and Saviour,then His Spirit will dwell in you and your Bat eyes will be open......Luke24:31.

Sir, the question remains: under whose inspiration was John writing when he referred to Mary as Jesus' mother?

Thank you!

You'd rather die than answer that, right?

Lmao!
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by Nobody: 11:36pm On Apr 13, 2012
I wonder who inspired the angel of the Lord to say this in mattew 2:13

{2} And when they were departed, behold, the angel of the Lord appeareth to Joseph in a dream, saying, Arise, and take the young child and his MOTHER, and flee into Egypt, and be thou there until I bring thee word: for Herod will seek the young child to destroy him.
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by ichuka(m): 11:58pm On Apr 13, 2012
italo:

Sir, the question remains: under whose inspiration was John writing when he referred to Mary as Jesus' mother?

Thank you!

You'd rather die than answer that, right?

Lmao!

Some say He's the son of David,He categorically denied it...Matt22:42-46.
Others calls Mary and her Children His Mother and Brothers,He "rebuked" them instantly.......Matt12:48-50.
And you a non-Christain is here calling Mary her Mother.
God is not an author of confusion...1Cor14:33.
You and your cohorts are the confused bunch.
The biblical Mary is not a catholic period!
The woman you guys worship/honor is a demon(one of the principalities in high places)...Jer7:18,Rev18:7.
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by ichuka(m): 12:10am On Apr 14, 2012
chukwudi44: I wonder who inspired the angel of the Lord to say this in mattew 2:13

{2} And when they were departed, behold, the angel of the Lord appeareth to Joseph in a dream, saying, Arise, and take the young child and his MOTHER, and flee into Egypt, and be thou there until I bring thee word: for Herod will seek the young child to destroy him.

I also wonder who inspired Jesus to call Mary "WOMAN" in the Gospel.
Or do you guys call your Mother "WOMAN"?
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by italo: 3:31am On Apr 14, 2012
I, For one, call my mother "baby". Does that mean she's not my mother?

I know men who never refer to their wives by the word "wife". They say "mama xyz" or "mama abc". Does that mean they are not their wives? Likewise some women only call their husbands "chief", does that mean they aren't their husbands?

I can't remember Jesus calling his disciples "disciples". He called them "brothers", "friends" etc. Does it mean they were not his disciples?

Jesus calling his mother "woman" doesn't prove that she's not his mother. But the angel calling her his mother proves that she's his mother.

To answer your question directly: of course Jesus was speaking the mind of God when he called his mother "woman". But that does not mean that she's not his mother.

Now can you answer me? Under whose inspiration did John and the angel write and speak? Still unanswerable?
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by italo: 3:41am On Apr 14, 2012
i.chuka:

Some say He's the son of David,He categorically denied it...Matt22:42-46.
Others calls Mary and her Children His Mother and Brothers,He "rebuked" them instantly.......Matt12:48-50.
And you a non-Christain is here calling Mary her Mother.
God is not an author of confusion...1Cor14:33.
You and your cohorts are the confused bunch.
The biblical Mary is not a catholic period!
The woman you guys worship/honor is a demon(one of the principalities in high places)...Jer7:18,Rev18:7.

1. Jesus did not "categorically deny" being the son of David
2. Jesus did not "rebuke" those who called Mary his Mother
3. We are not the "confused" bunch. We've been teaching the same thing for 2000yrs. Its you guys that preach different things from one shop to another.
4. How do you know that is the woman we "worship/honour"? Have you worshipped her before? Are you in our minds?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Do You Kneel Down To Pray In Church? / What Happens When We Die? / Praise Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.