Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,584 members, 7,837,202 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic (6226 Views)

Biblical Mary True Age When She Married Joseph / 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. / 11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by ichuka(m): 10:11am On Apr 14, 2012
italo: I, For one, call my mother "baby". Does that mean she's not my mother?

I know men who never refer to their wives by the word "wife". They say "mama xyz" or "mama abc". Does that mean they are not their wives? Likewise some women only call their husbands "chief", does that mean they aren't their husbands?

I can't remember Jesus calling his disciples "disciples". He called them "brothers", "friends" etc. Does it mean they were not his disciples?

Jesus calling his mother "woman" doesn't prove that she's not his mother. But the angel calling her his mother proves that she's his mother.

To answer your question directly: of course Jesus was speaking the mind of God when he called his mother "woman". But that does not mean that she's not his mother.

Now can you answer me? Under whose inspiration did John and the angel write and speak? Still unanswerable?

under which inspiration did Jesus "Rebuked" those calling Mary His Mother,and Him calling her Woman throughout in the Gospels?
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by ichuka(m): 10:19am On Apr 14, 2012
italo:

1. Jesus did not "categorically deny" being the son of David
2. Jesus did not "rebuke" those who called Mary his Mother
3. We are not the "confused" bunch. We've been teaching the same thing for 2000yrs. Its you guys that preach different things from one shop to another.
4. How do you know that is the woman we "worship/honour"? Have you worshipped her before? Are you in our minds?

When i said you guys are not Christains some might think am a bit harsh.
Did you read the quotes i gave earlier from the scriptures?
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by Nobody: 12:39pm On Apr 14, 2012
i.chuka:

under which inspiration did Jesus "Rebuked" those calling Mary His Mother,and Him calling her Woman throughout in the Gospels?

Hope u don't mind showing me bible passages where Jesus REBUKED anyone for calling Mary his mother.

Whether you call me a christian or not does not alter my status before God.If you like continue being "harsh"
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by ichuka(m): 1:29pm On Apr 14, 2012
chukwudi44:

Hope u don't mind showing me bible passages where Jesus REBUKED anyone for calling Mary his mother.

Whether you call me a christian or not does not alter my status before God.If you like continue being "harsh"

Mark3:32-33.
Sorry for the "harshness" Sir.
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by Nobody: 2:29pm On Apr 14, 2012
[/quote]Mark 3:32-35

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

32 A crowd was sitting around Him, and they *said to Him, “Behold, Your mother and Your brothers are outside looking for You.” 33 Answering them, He *said, “Who are My mother and My brothers?” 34 Looking about at those who were sitting around Him, He *said, “Behold My mother and My brothers! 35 For whoever does the will of God, he is My brother and sister and mother.”[quote]

Where is the rebuke in that passage above?
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by italo: 2:31pm On Apr 14, 2012
@I.chuka,

I have already answered your questions so I don't know why you are asking them again. Why don't you address my question?

Once again Jesus was speaking the mind of God when he called his mother "woman" and Jesus did not "rebuke" those people. Perhaps what you need is a dictionary.

Now do you mind answering me? Under whose inspiration were John and the angel writing and speaking? This is about the fourth time I'm asking you this.
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by ichuka(m): 3:00pm On Apr 14, 2012
chukwudi44: Mark 3:32-35

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

32 A crowd was sitting around Him, and they *said to Him, “Behold, Your mother and Your brothers are outside looking for You.” 33 Answering them, He *said, “Who are My mother and My brothers?” 34 Looking about at those who were sitting around Him, He *said, “Behold My mother and My brothers! 35 For whoever does the will of God, he is My brother and sister and mother.”

Where is the rebuke in that passage above?

"Who is My Mother and My Brothers?" HE ASKED...Matt3:33.
Sir,nah REBUKE b dat shikinah!!
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by ichuka(m): 3:12pm On Apr 14, 2012
italo: @I.chuka,

I have already answered your questions so I don't know why you are asking them again. Why don't you address my question?

Once again Jesus was speaking the mind of God when he called his mother "woman" and Jesus did not "rebuke" those people. Perhaps what you need is a dictionary.

Now do you mind answering me? Under whose inspiration were John and the angel writing and speaking? This is about the fourth time I'm asking you this.

So your Jesus is speaking the mind of God?..ok.but,Jesus my Lord dont speak the mind of any god,for He is GOD HIMSELF.
This is the third time am asking you this..under who's inspiration did Jesus call Mary "Woman" throughout in the Gospels?
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by chinedumo(m): 4:33pm On Apr 14, 2012
Mary is not Mother of GOD. Mary did nt give birth to GOD. God has no mother. you can refer to the mother of the President of Nigeria as "mother of my lord" . it doe not mean that is is her that made him president. Mary is not the Mother of Christ's Godliness. very simple
italo:

What are we saying and what are you saying? When you people are proved wrong, instead of admitting that you're wrong and retracing your steps back to the truth, you start behaving like lunatics.

Your fellow anti-Catholic here said Mary was not the Mother of Jesus. Chukwudi showed him where Elizabeth referred to Mary as "mother of my Lord", he mischieviously twisted it, saying she wasn't speaking under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. Then I showed him where John (writing under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit) referred to Mary as Jesus' Mother. Then you jump in, and what do you do? You try to confuse the situation by talking about an entirely different thing. Why don't you at least admit that he's wrong and we are right before you start confusing yourself
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by Nobody: 6:21pm On Apr 14, 2012
chinedumo: Mary is not Mother of GOD. Mary did nt give birth to GOD. God has no mother. you can refer to the mother of the President of Nigeria as "mother of my lord" . it doe not mean that is is her that made him president. Mary is not the Mother of Christ's Godliness. very simple

The child Mary gave birth to was it God or man?

your analogy with the president's mum does not hold water because she remains the president't mother whether she made him president or not.
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by PastorAIO: 6:43pm On Apr 14, 2012
hmmm let me see if i.ve got this right. there is no mother of president cos he wasn't president when she gave birth to him. does it follow that jesus wasnt god when mary gave birth to him.

wow, the adoration of the magi was misdirected.

also, since jesus said that those who do the will of god are his mother then he must have many mothers.
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by italo: 7:34pm On Apr 14, 2012
By now, it is safe to say, anti-Catholicism comes with mental problems. Just look at the garbage these clowns are spewing.
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by umozez(m): 8:12pm On Apr 14, 2012
Mary waz favoured to be the mother of our Lord Jesus. It waz not cos she waz special, it waz cos she waz a fiance to Joseph who is 4rm d tribe of judah. I believe if it waz somebody else that waz supose 2 marry Joseph it wud ave been her to b the blessed of all women. It's not about Mary but Joseph cos he is 4rm d tribe of judah.
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by Nobody: 9:11pm On Apr 14, 2012
umozez: Mary waz favoured to be the mother of our Lord Jesus. It waz not cos she waz special, it waz cos she waz a fiance to Joseph who is 4rm d tribe of judah. I believe if it waz somebody else that waz supose 2 marry Joseph it wud ave been her to b the blessed of all women. It's not about Mary but Joseph cos he is 4rm d tribe of judah.

Joseph did not play any role in the incarnation process and thus his tribe would not have mattered any way.Jesus's human nature came from only mary
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by ichuka(m): 9:53pm On Apr 14, 2012
italo: By now, it is safe to say, anti-Catholicism comes with mental problems. Just look at the garbage these clowns are spewing.

is this your best shot?
Like i told you earlier,you guys dont know the scriptures nor the power of God....Matt22:29.
If your god had a Mother,he(our god) is still in the grave.
The God of Heaven had no Mother.He is God in Heaven and was God when He walked the earth 2000yrs ago,because He was God the grave cant hold Him,infact He swallow up the power of grave which is death forever in His victory......Isaiah25:8.
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by ichuka(m): 10:12pm On Apr 14, 2012
chukwudi44:

Joseph did not play any role in the incarnation process and thus his tribe would not have mattered any way.Jesus's human nature came from only mary
chukwudi44:

So God that created the Heavens and the earth,with all the living things including us humans,had to borrow a human nature from one of His creation.
Sir,this acsertation in very incorrect according to the Bible.
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by PastorAIO: 10:33pm On Apr 14, 2012
i.chuka:

So God that created the Heavens and the earth,with all the living things including us humans,had to borrow a human nature from one of His creation.
Sir,this acsertation in very incorrect according to the Bible.

Very incorrect according to Islam!!! Are you sure that you're in the right religion?
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by Nobody: 11:12pm On Apr 14, 2012
God created Adam from dust and eve from adam's ribs.Why didn't God just create man from nothing?

Why didn't Jesus just descend from heaven?

How is Jesus a descendant of david if there was no transfer of genetic materials from any of David's descendants?
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by greedie1(f): 11:32pm On Apr 14, 2012
simmos: you are right anybody that is worshiping Mary, is a pagan worshiper.

we don't worship Mary, we honour her...... For being d lady pure enuf to carry d saviour, she deserves to be HONOURED.... B4 u post trash, u should perhaps acquaint ursf wit d wordings of d recital
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by ichuka(m): 12:22am On Apr 15, 2012
Pastor AIO:

Very incorrect according to Islam!!! Are you sure that you're in the right religion?

Christainity have nothing to do with religion.but,Christ Himself!and the Life of a Christain is also Christ....Col3:4.
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by ichuka(m): 12:46am On Apr 15, 2012
chukwudi44: God created Adam from dust and eve from adam's ribs.Why didn't God just create man from nothing?

Why didn't Jesus just descend from heaven?

How is Jesus a descendant of david if there was no transfer of genetic materials from any of David's descendants?

It was man that sinned,so its man that have to pay for the penalty of sin which is death.
HE came in the likeness of our sinful nature.....Rom8:3.
He created the Heavens and earth out of Nothing,so becoming flesh in the womb of Mary is no problem to Him....Jer32:27.
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by italo: 1:17am On Apr 15, 2012
i.chuka:

is this your best shot?
Like i told you earlier,you guys dont know the scriptures nor the power of God....Matt22:29.
The God of Heaven had no Mother.He is God in Heaven and was God when He walked the earth 2000yrs ago,because He was God the grave cant hold Him,infact He swallow up the power of grave which is death forever in His victory......Isaiah25:8.

I have already concluded on you, mister. Why should I go on. Our problem is not scripture. Our problem lies within your skull. Whatever is there makes you incapable of understanding even the least things. You must take care of the root cause, not just the symptoms.

umozez: Mary waz favoured to be the mother of our Lord Jesus. It waz not cos she waz special, it waz cos she waz a fiance to Joseph who is 4rm d tribe of judah. I believe if it waz somebody else that waz supose 2 marry Joseph it wud ave been her to b the blessed of all women. It's not about Mary but Joseph cos he is 4rm d tribe of judah.

So she's FAVOURED but not special *lol*. These guys. Ok, we don hear. At least you agree she's Jesus mother, unlike the retards.
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by italo: 1:19am On Apr 15, 2012
i.chuka:

is this your best shot?

I have already concluded on you, mister. Why should I go on. Our problem is not scripture. Our problem lies within your skull. Whatever is there makes you incapable of understanding even the least things. You must take care of the root cause, not just the symptoms.

So she's FAVOURED but not SPECIAL *lol*. These guys. Ok, we don hear. At least you agree she's Jesus mother, unlike the retards.
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by ichuka(m): 1:50am On Apr 15, 2012
[quote author=italo]

I dey laugh....
Seriously dude,you have to confess Jesus as your Lord and Saviour.
The earlier you do that the better for you,Jesus loves you.He hate seen people going to hell.
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by umozez(m): 7:39am On Apr 15, 2012
So she's FAVOURED but not special *lol*. These guys. Ok, we don hear. At least you agree she's Jesus mother, unlike the retards.
[/quote
u dont ave 2 b special b4 God can favour u. If Mary was supose 2 marry sum1 else and Joseph was supose 2 marry anoda woman, it wud ave bin the woman that wud b the mother of Jesus. Joseph ave a big role 2 play in d birth of Jesus.
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by vb0mb(m): 8:32am On Apr 15, 2012
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by italo: 9:01am On Apr 15, 2012
What you are trying to tell me is that the Mother of my Lord - God is not special to you. Well, my own earthly mother is very special to me. Even my girlfriend is very special to me... And my guess is Jesus' Mother is very special to him as she is to all Catholics.

1 Like

Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by Sugardiva(f): 8:25am On Apr 17, 2012
@ topic as a young unmarried woman myself I can imagine hw diFficult obedience to God was for Mary considering the fact that she could hv been ostracised by her family and her fiance cld av left her for being preggy before marriage. She cld evn hv been branded as a lunatic for insisting she was still a virgin with a long pregnant stomach. So I agree, she was special and possesed spiritual strength to do that and I as a saved Christian am eternally grateful and appreciate her for that. But the truth is, If she had refused to do it, God wld hv found someone else.

HONOUR is respect and appreciation for somebody.E.g what I've written above. WORSHIP is repeatedly calling on some1 daily to pray for u and making small statutes of that person that look like Idols.

Whether Mary is the source of Jesus human nature is a theological question that I refuse to delve into but pls answer this simple question for me. Assuming Mary is the source of His human nature, that nature lasted only 33 years and Jesus hasn't been human for the past couple thousand yrs or so. His human nature was TEMPORARY. Jesus divinity has its source frm Him being among the Trinity and that nature of His is PERMANENT. So why then should I conventrate on the source of a temporary nature that has since served its purpose rather than the source of who Jesus is now?

Call me heretic or what name u please (itsalo u have done a lot of name calling here. Is that what Mary taught u?). Behead me as ur bishops n cardinals did in the past but I will rather call daily on THE NAME ABOVE ALL NAMES and approach the father by the ONLY WAY TRUTH AND LIFE. No other person will do but my JESUS.

As someone has already said on dis thread read the bible wit ur SPIRIT and ur HEART and u will understand that our God is to great and powerful to hv a mother much less a human one. The things of the Spirit can only be discerned by the spirit. God bless!

1 Like

Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by Nobody: 10:32am On Apr 17, 2012
Sugardiva: @ topic as a young unmarried woman myself I can imagine hw diFficult obedience to God was for Mary considering the fact that she could hv been ostracised by her family and her fiance cld av left her for being preggy before marriage. She cld evn hv been branded as a lunatic for insisting she was still a virgin with a long pregnant stomach. So I agree, she was special and possesed spiritual strength to do that and I as a saved Christian am eternally grateful and appreciate her for that. But the truth is, If she had refused to do it, God wld hv found someone else.

HONOUR is respect and appreciation for somebody.E.g what I've written above. WORSHIP is repeatedly calling on some1 daily to pray for u and making small statutes of that person that look like Idols.

Whether Mary is the source of Jesus human nature is a theological question that I refuse to delve into but pls answer this simple question for me. Assuming Mary is the source of His human nature, that nature lasted only 33 years and Jesus hasn't been human for the past couple thousand yrs or so. His human nature was TEMPORARY. Jesus divinity has its source frm Him being among the Trinity and that nature of His is PERMANENT. So why then should I conventrate on the source of a temporary nature that has since served its purpose rather than the source of who Jesus is now?

Call me heretic or what name u please (itsalo u have done a lot of name calling here. Is that what Mary taught u?). Behead me as ur bishops n cardinals did in the past but I will rather call daily on THE NAME ABOVE ALL NAMES and approach the father by the ONLY WAY TRUTH AND LIFE. No other person will do but my JESUS.

As someone has already said on dis thread read the bible wit ur SPIRIT and ur HEART and u will understand that our God is to great and powerful to hv a mother much less a human one. The things of the Spirit can only be discerned by the spirit. God bless!

Jesus's human nature did not last just for just 33 yrs.He ascended into heaven With his human nature.

To your other point,no other woman could have given birth to Jesus but Mary.If your father had married another woman, another person would have been born not you
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by chinedumo(m): 6:02pm On Apr 17, 2012
chukwudi44:

The child Mary gave birth to was it God or man?

your analogy with the president's mum does not hold water because she remains the president's mother whether she made him president or not.
[size=20pt]Jesus is not GOD because Mary gave birth to HIM[/size]

Your point is valid
Mary is Jesus' earthly mother for the time being he was on earth. If he is to be Born into the world again he will come in another woman's womb.

Even if Jesus is not GOD MARY IS STILL HIS MOTHER

HER MOTHER-SHIP HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HIS GODNESS

YOU POINT UPHOLDS MINE
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by chinedumo(m): 6:04pm On Apr 17, 2012
italo: By now, it is safe to say, anti-Catholicism comes with mental problems. Just look at the garbage these clowns are spewing.
IT IS UNSAFE TO SAY SO
Re: The Biblical Mary Is Not A Roman Catholic by ichuka(m): 7:49pm On Apr 17, 2012
chinedumo: [size=20pt]Jesus is not GOD because Mary gave birth to HIM[/size]

Your point is valid
Mary is Jesus' earthly mother for the time being he was on earth. If he is to be Born into the world again he will come in another woman's womb.

Even if Jesus is not GOD MARY IS STILL HIS MOTHER

HER MOTHER-SHIP HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HIS GODNESS

YOU POINT UPHOLDS MINE

What's your point actually? And who is the bible referring to in Jhn1:1......And the Word was God.
Jhn1:14.The Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Praise Him / Location Of Garden Of Eden On Earth / Seeing Angels From Birth. I Need Answers Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.